Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #106
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

So sorry I'm just now getting around to catching up on your TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
My mom and I went to check us in. We had asked for the 50's Lady building, (oh how I love it!) and also to have adjoining rooms. Well, there seemed to be a mix up. They said they could put is in rooms close together but we really needed an adjoining room. The guy checking us in looked through the computer and finally after we stood there about 10 minutes and he made several phone calls, we were put in the 70's Mickey Phone building directly facing mirror lake.
What? Did you tell me this?? I'm telling you, I don't think Disney even LOOKS at the room requests at all. Every time a client asks me to request a specific section, I do so at online check-in and I even call the resort to make sure it's noted. And I KNOW I indicated you guys wanted adjoining rooms and in the 50's section. Argh! That makes me so mad!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #107
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Now, knowing I have been here a ton of times, I suggested that Hollie and I watch the rest of the show, ride the monorail to the MK, then catch a bus back to the room. She didn't like this idea at all!! She tends to worry and didn't want Hollie and I to be by ourselves. Hollie was a little upset and wanted to watch the "Fire Guy" but I promised her we would be back very soon. So, we got up just after dessert was served. I mean, who leaves the luau early!!!
That stinks that you had to leave early! Your mom sounds like mine- I go home for a visit and she's all up in my business, asking what time I'm gonna be home, etc. I always say, "Mom, I've lived 300 miles away from you for 15 years and I haven't gotten myself killed yet - I think I'll be fine!"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #108
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Hollie’s FGIT started talking to me and we both realized that we had the same birthday which was the next day! So we got a picture together!
Cute!

Quote:
Hollie all finished!
Beautiful!

Quote:
Two of my favorite Disney characters!
Old 07-28-2012, 06:03 AM   #109
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
I'm telling you, I don't think Disney even LOOKS at the room requests at all. Every time a client asks me to request a specific section, I do so at online check-in and I even call the resort to make sure it's noted. And I KNOW I indicated you guys wanted adjoining rooms and in the 50's section.
Our requests have vanished more than once. They are good about taking care of it at the desk, but it does make one wonder if those CM's that take the reservations are writing in invisible ink.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #110
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh, bummer on the cruddy weather for your first MNSSHP. We had a really icky Christmas party and it was kind of a waste of the ticket money. We really want to try the MNSSHP in October but I worry about the weather too. Despite the rain, you all still look great!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 08-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #111
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Oh no, how disappointing that the weather didn't cooperate with you guys!!! At least you were able to have a bit of fun at the party!
The weather was just awful!! There was one time we were eating dinner at Peco's Bills and it just poured!! We had put covers over the stroller and it was just full of water! yuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Can't wait to see this again!!!

Thanks for the trip around Magic Kingdom. I completely understand about the rain putting a damper on things. The first two and a half days of our summer trip, we were in and out of ponchos and plodding through puddles in parks. You have to go on, of course, but it does sort of wear on you after a while.
The place was just beautiful all decorated up for Fall. It had been a long time since I saw that. Like probably 2001!

I don't think I have ever seen it rain that hard down there. I have a picture my mom took and it is just crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
All caught up.

The girls look so beautiful at BBB. My girl never wanted that but there may be hope in the future ( way off ) for grandchildren.

Sorry your MNSSHP was a rainy mess. Tough to slosh your way around. but it looks like you had fun.
Aw, thanks!! They had so much fun doing that. I am thinking I can only get Hollie to maybe do it one more time. I am gonna let both of the girls do it maybe next year.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #112
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
So sorry I'm just now getting around to catching up on your TR!

What? Did you tell me this?? I'm telling you, I don't think Disney even LOOKS at the room requests at all. Every time a client asks me to request a specific section, I do so at online check-in and I even call the resort to make sure it's noted. And I KNOW I indicated you guys wanted adjoining rooms and in the 50's section. Argh! That makes me so mad!!!
I agree! I don't think they look at them sometimes. When I tried to explaint to him we were supposed to be in the 50's building with adjoining rooms, he just looked at me like I was crazy.

Quote:
That stinks that you had to leave early! Your mom sounds like mine- I go home for a visit and she's all up in my business, asking what time I'm gonna be home, etc. I always say, "Mom, I've lived 300 miles away from you for 15 years and I haven't gotten myself killed yet - I think I'll be fine!"
LOL that is too funny!!

Quote:
Cute!

Beautiful!

Two of my favorite Disney characters!
They loved dressing up! I told them they were both my favorites that night and I called them by Tink and Belle! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Our requests have vanished more than once. They are good about taking care of it at the desk, but it does make one wonder if those CM's that take the reservations are writing in invisible ink.
It really does make you wonder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh, bummer on the cruddy weather for your first MNSSHP. We had a really icky Christmas party and it was kind of a waste of the ticket money. We really want to try the MNSSHP in October but I worry about the weather too. Despite the rain, you all still look great!
We have had it rain on us at the Christmas party too and I think we ended up riding the TTA over and over and over again! lol
Old 08-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #113
hlrababy

Today is the day! The day of spending my birthday in the Magic Kingdom!! Woo hoo!!! I think I dreamed of rain all night. I was hoping when I got up super early that the rain would be gone. Would I be right?? Um….NO!!!! It just looked so wet and murky looking outside. I knew it was gonna be a ponytail kind of day. So, I got up and got ready. I woke Hollie up and started to get her ready. We were at the bus stop by 7:15. A bus finally picked us up and off we go!
By the time we got to the MK, it had started to drizzle just a tiny bit. We got up to the front gate and got inside. I picked up the stroller and off we went to the Crystal Palace. I checked us in and there was no way I was gonna take any pictures right now. It had started to rain! We were called inside to our table. We had some cute Mickey confetti on the table since it was my birthday. I went up and fixed Hollie’s plate and came back. The characters were starting to arrive!

They were getting ready to start the parade and of course, the girls joined in!

Now there is a funny story coming up. My grandmother has taken every grandchild of hers to Disney. It was always when we turned 7. She took my oldest cousin Leann, her sister Adolyn and me. After our trip, it was my sister’s turn when she was 7. My cousin Wes is close in age to my sister, so he went with them. Then it was time for Wes’s brother Jesse and our cousin Josh who are also close in age. When it was time for Mandy, Josh’s sister to go, the only other girl cousin close to her age was my sister who was 15 at the time. She couldn’t go because she was in the band in school and they had a competition coming up so I got to go! (Yay!!) But, anways, when my grandmother took my sister they went to a character breakfast. My sister has always been a very picky eater. She came back to the table with a plate of….bacon. Just bacon! Even though she was 7, she still remembers grandmom getting mad at her and putting the plate in the middle for everyone to share. So, we took a picture to remind our grandmother of that one time:

We were visited by Piglet next

Next is my favorite…Tigger!!

Me and my precious Hollie

The nice little server brought me out a birthday cupcake that I gave to the girls.

Continued in the next post
Old 08-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #114
hlrababy

By the time we got finished with breakfast, it was still pouring rain!! I just knew it was gonna be a wet, rainy day! My mom thought we should get some hoodies because it was a little chilly with the rain. So, after we got some hoodies we headed towards the front to meet the Princesses and hope that the rain would soon stop. We got in line for the Princesses and there was a cast member who was having a ball with the girls!

Up first was Cinderella

Next was Belle

Followed by Aurora

Notice Shelby just making herself at home! Lol

Up next, we decided to go ahead and meet Mickey and Minnie since it was still pouring! Yuck!

Now, I will be honest. That was the last set of pictures I took. I know, I know. So unlike me. But when I tell you the weather was just awful, it was!!! It basically rained all day up until we left. We didn’t ride many rides because the weather was so awful. We ended up actually leaving early this day. What a bummer on my birthday!!
This is the picture my mom took while my sister was on Dumbo in the pouring rain with the girls.

This was on the carousel

On TTA and don’t I look like I am loving this weather! Lol

This was the picture my mom took as we were leaving the park
Old 08-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #115
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh look at that rain! Ick, ick, ick. What a bummer on your birthday especially Heather.

The bacon story was really cute! I'm glad you had a nice breakfast at CP.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 08-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #116
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

So sorry about the rain! My step-brother got there the Saturday after we left, which I think may have been this day (?) and they sat in their car at the hotel for an hour before even getting out to check in b/c it was raining so hard! He said it cleared up as the week went on but for a couple of days it was just straight rain. That stinks!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #117
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Ugh, not rain!!! Hopefully it cleared up soon!!

I love your bacon story! Very nice tribute plate!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:44 PM   #118
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh look at that rain! Ick, ick, ick. What a bummer on your birthday especially Heather.

The bacon story was really cute! I'm glad you had a nice breakfast at CP.
It was so rainy that day, that when we got back to the room I took my shoes off and was telling my sister that my feet were freezing!! I had no clue that my feet were soaking wet!! haha My socks and shoes were soaked and I guess with the chill in the air, I had no clue! lol

Quote:
So sorry about the rain! My step-brother got there the Saturday after we left, which I think may have been this day (?) and they sat in their car at the hotel for an hour before even getting out to check in b/c it was raining so hard! He said it cleared up as the week went on but for a couple of days it was just straight rain. That stinks!
It sure did stink! We really only had 1 day that it did not rain on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Ugh, not rain!!! Hopefully it cleared up soon!!

I love your bacon story! Very nice tribute plate!
LOL I still laugh over her bacon plate!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:38 AM   #119
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Thank goodness this wasn't your very first trip with all that rain yall had! That totally stinks and I'm so sorry it was like that on YOUR BIRTHDAY!

Crystal Palace looked like a fun time though!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:58 AM   #120
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Man that was relentless rain. I have had only a couple of days like that and it sucks.
I love the bacon story. Claire is huge on bacon too and she would do the same thing (she is 7 now too). I nfact at some places I would be happy if she ate a plate full so it would be worth her cost. She is picky too and tends not to eat much at character meals...probably because she is nosey too, looking at where the characters are now at.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: