Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #46
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Now, I am gonna go ahead and warn you about the luau posts. I did NOT get to take as many pictures. I will explain why later.

So, the show has started and of course, here are more pictures

Hollie drug me up on stage when they announced the birthdays

Now, this is pretty much where the pictures stop. Shelby got a little whiny. Nope, not a little whiny but a LOT whiny. She was tired and iller than a hornets nest that was just hit with a broom, and needed sleep. She turned into her nickname, "Sponge Shelby WHINY Pants!!" That kid can pitch a fit and start screaming better than any kid I know! lol So, my mom said we should just go on back to the room and go to bed early. Now, knowing I have been here a ton of times, I suggested that Hollie and I watch the rest of the show, ride the monorail to the MK, then catch a bus back to the room. She didn't like this idea at all!! She tends to worry and didn't want Hollie and I to be by ourselves. Hollie was a little upset and wanted to watch the "Fire Guy" but I promised her we would be back very soon. So, we got up just after dessert was served. I mean, who leaves the luau early!!!

I took these pictures as we were leaving

Coming up next, our T-Rex lunch and my wonderful HUGE yummy dessert, BBB, and MNSSHP!!

Last edited by hlrababy; 04-02-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #47
209Disney
Earning My Ears

Looking forward to reading another one of your trip reports!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #48
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that Shelby got sick during the luau! I hope she was feeling better soon! Too bad you guys had to miss the rest of the show.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #49
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209Disney View Post
Looking forward to reading another one of your trip reports!!
Aw, thanks and I am glad your here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that Shelby got sick during the luau! I hope she was feeling better soon! Too bad you guys had to miss the rest of the show.
LOL she wasn't necessarily sick. She turned into what we call her "Sponge Shelby Whiney pants!" haha
Old 04-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #50
oOJulieOo
Mouseketeer

Joining in!

The luau looks like so much fun. Such a bummer that you had to leave early.

Can't wait to read the rest!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:14 AM   #51
Disneychix
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post

This is one of the cutest pictures I've seen of Miss Hollie!

"You ain't never had a friend like MEEEEEE"

May 2010 TR-39th B-Day full of surprises!

Come read my December 2009 TR!!
Old 04-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #52
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

I love the luau - I really need to make sure to make time for it on our next trip

Love Hollie's top and your dress, goes with the luau perfectly! I'm on a desperate search for a similar dress for our 'Ohanas dinner before our cruise next month.

So sad about Shelby getting sick, I hope it didn't effect the rest of your trip.

Can't wait to see Hollie at BBB!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #53
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Awww too bad for a sick little one and that you had to leave early. It's nice that Hollie was still smiling after having to leave early. What a nice cousin!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 04-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #54
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's a whole big bunch of kids. Looks like much fun! Sorry you had to call it an early night. You'll do it again and again in years ahead, though, with your two sweet girls.

I am looking forward to seeing many more pictures. We didn't do MNSSHP last year (actually, I think for the last two years), but we are doing it again this October. Definitely looking forward to seeing your pictures of that.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #55
FairyGodmothers Sis
Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying your trip report. Adorable girls! Can't wait to hear more!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #56
NMW
DIS Veteran

subscribing
Old 04-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #57
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Oh man!!! You need to put your foot down girl! I hate when Moms get al lmotherly. I think my Mom has learned somewhat, but other times she drives me insane. At least on vacation she is now better. But at home she still likes to tel lme how things should be done.

I am considering this show in the future. I hear mixed reviews, but we have now seen Hoop Dee Doo 3 times, so we need a change.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #58
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOJulieOo View Post
Joining in!

The luau looks like so much fun. Such a bummer that you had to leave early.

Can't wait to read the rest!

It is really fun! Hollie just loves it! I was pretty bummed we had to leave though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychix View Post
This is one of the cutest pictures I've seen of Miss Hollie!
Aw, thanks Rosie! Now her poor hair is chopped off!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
I love the luau - I really need to make sure to make time for it on our next trip

Love Hollie's top and your dress, goes with the luau perfectly! I'm on a desperate search for a similar dress for our 'Ohanas dinner before our cruise next month.

So sad about Shelby getting sick, I hope it didn't effect the rest of your trip.

Can't wait to see Hollie at BBB!
I think ya'll should! I just love it and if we don't do it, I feel like I go into shock! lol

I am gonna keep getting her to wear that outfit till she can't anymore. lol It was just one of my favorites that I have had made for her.
Oooh, a cruise sounds nice!!!! Are you gonna do a TR?

That child can scream and cry with the best of them. We knew when she started whining it was time to go!! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Awww too bad for a sick little one and that you had to leave early. It's nice that Hollie was still smiling after having to leave early. What a nice cousin!
That little one was just iller than a hornet! haha When she is tired and ill, its best to make her go to sleep!
Hollie wasn't so nice at first...she told me that she really didn't want to leave but then she guessed she would! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That's a whole big bunch of kids. Looks like much fun! Sorry you had to call it an early night. You'll do it again and again in years ahead, though, with your two sweet girls.

I am looking forward to seeing many more pictures. We didn't do MNSSHP last year (actually, I think for the last two years), but we are doing it again this October. Definitely looking forward to seeing your pictures of that.
That is one of my favorite parts of the luau when they bring the kids on stage. Its so cute!

Oh yes! We plan on doing it this December when we take Hollie for a "surprise" birthday trip that she has no idea about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmothers Sis View Post
I'm enjoying your trip report. Adorable girls! Can't wait to hear more!
Aw, thank you so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMW View Post
subscribing
I am glad your here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh man!!! You need to put your foot down girl! I hate when Moms get al lmotherly. I think my Mom has learned somewhat, but other times she drives me insane. At least on vacation she is now better. But at home she still likes to tel lme how things should be done.

I am considering this show in the future. I hear mixed reviews, but we have now seen Hoop Dee Doo 3 times, so we need a change.
LOL! I told my mom that believe me, I didn't think anyone would snatch me or try to kidnap me in Disney. Besides, if they did I am sure I would be released the moment that they realized I would not stop talking!! haha

We have always loved the luau. But I love anything that has to do with Islands and anything tropical. We definitely enjoy it! I think you should try it at least once!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #59
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Oh yes! We plan on doing it this December when we take Hollie for a "surprise" birthday trip that she has no idea about!

She will go nuts!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #60
hlrababy

HAPPY EASTER MY SWEET DIS-FAMILY!!! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter day!!! Enjoy this cute picture of some of my favorite Bunnies!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: