Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 08:06 AM   #136
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

After MV3D, we decided to walk around a bit and just take our time. I have always wanted to find the umbrella. Yes, that umbrella. And find it, we did!

Too cute!

We went to One Man’s Dream next

Afterwards, we went to Voyage of the Little Mermaid

We went to Catastrophe Canyon next.

Continued in next post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #137
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

From one of my favorite movies as a kid, Flight of the Navigator

I was so excited to see this once we got off the ride. I love Disney Villains!!

Now it was time for us to ride Toy Story Mania

Oh my goodness!!! We loved it!!!! I only took a few pictures in line, but the whole area was so cool to see!

We really wanted to see Beauty and the Beast so we headed that way. I snapped this as we were getting in line.

Up next Hollie was ready to tackle Star Tours and so was I!

Now, it seems almost like we just got to the park. Again, I didn’t take a whole lot of pictures because of the weather.

Coming up our Universal day and we get to fly with Harry Potter!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #138
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

The pictures from DHS were great. It sounds like you had a great day even if it rained.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013

Last edited by micandminforever; 08-31-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #139
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I pictures from DHS were great. I sounds like you had a great day even if it rained.
We did have a good time. I was glad to be back there since it had been a while. Plus, I got the best cookie ever!!!! lol I got to try the carrot cake cookie. OH MY WORD!!!!! So good!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #140
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for finding the umbrella! You guys were ALL over DHS!! What a fun and busy day!
Old 08-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #141
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Yay DHS day!! My favorite park!!! Sounds like you guys had a blast!! Sci Fi is so spectacular. I love it!! Sorry it was rainy, at least you found the umbrella.

Since you love Villans, have you seen all the new Villans stuff at the Disney Store/online? I love it. They went glam! Plus they have such great stuff with them in there classic looks. I personally want these ornaments! I am having a hard time wanting to spend $50 on them though! I did get this water bottle though! So fun! (Plus, you gotta love 2 for $16 deals on adult drinkware! )

Can't wait for Harry Potter stuff!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #143
akayek31
DIS Veteran

Hollie is getting so big! I loved that movie too. I wish I had it on DVD. So Heather when are you going back? Has my ultimate Disney tutor gotten tired of Disney

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

Old 09-03-2012, 09:06 PM   #144
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for finding the umbrella! You guys were ALL over DHS!! What a fun and busy day!
I was really excited about finding that umbrella!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Yay DHS day!! My favorite park!!! Sounds like you guys had a blast!! Sci Fi is so spectacular. I love it!! Sorry it was rainy, at least you found the umbrella.

Since you love Villans, have you seen all the new Villans stuff at the Disney Store/online? I love it. They went glam! Plus they have such great stuff with them in there classic looks. I personally want these ornaments! I am having a hard time wanting to spend $50 on them though! I did get this water bottle though! So fun! (Plus, you gotta love 2 for $16 deals on adult drinkware! )

Can't wait for Harry Potter stuff!!
We just love Sci-Fi! I am ready to go back!! lol

Oh wow!!! I love the ornaments!!!! They have a really great selection of Villain stuff now!!! They sure have went Glam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I have a goal of finding the umbrella too.
I was pretty excited to find it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayek31 View Post
Hollie is getting so big! I loved that movie too. I wish I had it on DVD. So Heather when are you going back? Has my ultimate Disney tutor gotten tired of Disney
I actually have it on DVD! lol

Please...you know me. I always have a trip planned. We are taking Hollie in December as a surprise for her birthday. She has no clue!
Old 09-04-2012, 04:42 AM   #145
MeMom
DIS Veteran

You guys got in quite a bit on this Hollywood day.

Hollie's shirt is cute.

I saw a video of the new Lumiere in action in Belle's Storytime. It looked pretty cool!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #146
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I saw a video of the new Lumiere in action in Belle's Storytime. It looked pretty cool!
Lumiere and the wardrobe were SO IMPRESSIVE!! I can't wait to see that in person, they made it look so good!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #147
hlrababy

Hey everyone!! I will have Universal coming up soon. But, first I have to say.............................

90 more days till our surprise trip!!! Woo hoo in the double digits!!!
Old 09-14-2012, 10:56 AM   #149
hlrababy

So today was our Universal Day! I know Hollie was super excited. She just loves Universal. We got up bright and early. Here is my sweet girl all ready and waiting to leave

We arrived at Universal and of course, had to take some pictures outside the gate:

I went and got our tickets while they took some pictures around the front. We made it in!

The way Universal works, in case you don’t know. Most of the attractions open at specific times. We walked towards E.T. and it didn’t open until 10 am. So we headed towards Shrek 4-D.

Now, this is one of the funniest moments I have ever witnessed happened. I literally still cry when I think about this. From laughing of course! We get inside and it’s a 3-D show. We had our glasses and the little movie started. I am sitting on the inside, Hollie beside me, then Shelby, then my sister, then my mom. Now, this little show is funny. It has all the fun stuff of Shrek all through it. At one point in the little movie, it shows spiders. Well, the chairs you are sitting in are bouncing up and down like your in a horse drawn carriage. When it shows the spiders and they start crawling everywhere on screen…you can feel spiders around your feet. I think it is a shot of air they shoot our or it almost feels like a little piece of cloth that is shot towards your feet to give the sensation of crawling. Well, it came to the this part. Now mind you, Hollie has seen this before but I don’t think her feet were this far down. So, here come the spiders. I feel the part on my ankles like the spiders are crawling. Well….so does Hollie. She lets out a yelp, literally jumps 5 feet in the air with her long legs and somehow she ends up tucking them under her, and lands perfectly on her knees in the chair……as she throws her glasses in the floor. By this time I have tears going down my face. She thought it was that real and that spiders were crawling up her leg and she freaked!!! It was hilarious!!! She was so glad to get out of there!

Next we went and rode one of my favorites…E.T.! I just love it!

Afterwards, we headed towards the Woody Woodpecker roller coaster. Shelby rode it one time and she was done! So, I sat out with her while my sister rode with Hollie

Next we headed towards Jaws....

Waiting in line

Old 09-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #150
hlrababy

Now, a little story. Hollie has rode this ride at least 2 times before. The last time she rode it, she got a little scared. She said she doesn’t like stopping in the shed. She said this time she wouldn’t get scared. I will let you be the judge of that by looking at the photos…

All smiles….for now

SHE’S DONE!!!

Next we headed towards Twister which is also another favorite of ours

Now after this, we had ridden other rides but I just didn’t take that many pictures. We decided to head on towards Islands of Adventure. That was one of the main reasons my mom planned this trip. She wanted to see all the Harry Potter stuff they had going on.
Here is a walk through CityWalk

We started walking towards Harry Potter

I am gonna stop right here so I can get all my Harry Potter and the rest of Islands pictures in order!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: