Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #1
Dolby1000
Feel free to call me Ocean Wave Dave (OWD)~per my buddy Crush

Southern California - Backstage Magic

We're going, June 10 -15. We decided to risk Grad Nights. However, we've been told that Grad Nights no longer start at 6PM, but much later at either 10 or 11PM, so night time stuff, such as Fantasmic, still run.

As much as we will enjoy Disneyland and CA, I'm can't wait to see the Muppet Studios!

It may be 6 months away, but there will be a trip report in my future.
Dolby1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #2
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Congratulations! I haven't done this trip (yet) but there are a lot of DISers who have. Some have taken it multiple times! Everyone seems to really enjoy it. I'm looking forward to your Trip Report.

I'd suggest, if you want the answer to your Grad Night question, that you post the question over on the Disneyland Forum. I'm sure someone there would have the answer for you.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
Dolby1000
Feel free to call me Ocean Wave Dave (OWD)~per my buddy Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Congratulations! I haven't done this trip (yet) but there are a lot of DISers who have. Some have taken it multiple times! Everyone seems to really enjoy it. I'm looking forward to your Trip Report.

I'd suggest, if you want the answer to your Grad Night question, that you post the question over on the Disneyland Forum. I'm sure someone there would have the answer for you.

Sayhello
Already researched the Grad Night issue on the Disneyland board (DIS'ers are so helpful and informative) and we are comfortable that it won't really be an issue (they run from 10 or 11 PM - 3AM, only at Disneyland, not CA) and we get fastpasses for most of the rides either as part of the tour for post tour enjoyment. We also have reserved seating for the parades and for World of Color (can't wait to see that), so since the dates are best for us, we decided to go.

Last time we were at Disneyland, CA was under construction, so we are looking forward to seeing a now re-finished, or under re-finishing product.

Fingers crossed for Cars Land, but that is a long shot and seems to be quite kiddie oriented, so not a big deal.
Dolby1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Aunt Cawa

Mouseketeer

We did Backstage Magic during a Grad night. The only issue was the next day. Disneyland opened a hour later than usual and we were scheduled for most of the Disneyland backstage activities that day. It appeared that our guides had not notified the backstage people of the change in schedule. We kept hearing from them that we were running late and they weren't sure we were coming. It also appeared that in one area the backstage person did not appear and our guides winged it. This happened during the first year the tour was given so I hope they have the timing down by now. It did get very annoying by the end of the day.

The actual night of Grad Night did not affect us at all.

By the way, Muppet Studios rocks! That was really my whole point of the tour and I was not disappointed. Have a great time!
Old 01-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #5
MickeyWatch
Mouseketeer

We are on the June 10 Backstage Magic tour too. I'm not worried about Grad Night.

First Trip: Disneyland July 1965 with my grandparents
16th B-Day at the Contemporary in 1973
Many trips to WDW since then
DCL Mediterranean Cruise July 7, 2007
Margaret's 8th B-Day trip to the Poly, June 2008
Grand Floridian Nov. 2008, March 2009, November 2009
Disney's Inaugural Northern European Capitals Cruise June 12, 2010
MickeyWatch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backstage magic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: