Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-23-2012, 09:33 PM   #106
miss_nik_nik
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Me too!! I can't wait for all the new places we are going to try.

I'm drooling already! What new places are you thinking of trying? Our new place last time was Boma and now it is a MUST DO for every future trip!
miss_nik_nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #107
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran
 
readytogotodisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,067

Anyone here do a split stay before?
This past trip we surprised the kids with the whole trip. This next year they know we're going, but they want to be surprised as to where we are staying.

Well we are thinking about surprising them with a split stay, just when they think we're leaving and packing up to go home, they say "just one more day" like they always do. Then we can say okay then! And off we go to the second hotel.

Only thing is we only go down for 6 nights, so would it be worth switching hotels on night 4?
__________________
Me 34 , DH 34 , and DS 4 and DD 1 My Photobucket with Disney Name Fills
Trips: DW '82,'86,'87,'89 Off site, '91 CR, '92 WL, '94-'99 OKW, '02 OKW, '05 off site '06 BWI, '07 OKW, '09 BWV, '11 BLT,'12 BCV '13BLT/BWV
'13AKL/POFQ GFV '14 ASMusic '14, Pop/WLV '14 US/IOA and BWV/BLT '15
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #108
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

My goal ADRs...

Crystal Palace breakfast (new to us)
Akershus Breakfast (new to us)
Tusker House Breakfast (a favorite of ours)

Ohana dinner (new to us)
Chef Mickey (been to breakfast but not dinner)
Cape May (new to us)
TRex (we loved it and I have the landry card so I should have some bday $$ towards that meal, we will do it OOP)
SciFi (new to us)

If they offer free dining I am going to try for all of these, if they do not I will have to scale it down to just a couple TS. Probably Tusker, CP and SciFi (the kids really want to go there)
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:08 AM   #109
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
Anyone here do a split stay before?
This past trip we surprised the kids with the whole trip. This next year they know we're going, but they want to be surprised as to where we are staying.

Well we are thinking about surprising them with a split stay, just when they think we're leaving and packing up to go home, they say "just one more day" like they always do. Then we can say okay then! And off we go to the second hotel.

Only thing is we only go down for 6 nights, so would it be worth switching hotels on night 4?
We have never done a split stay. The way you're talking about doing sounds like a great surprise. I would just make sure that when you tell them, that it was already planned. Like "surprise we planned blah blah blah". I would be afraid that if you didn't let them know y'all had already planned it, the next trip that they said, "just one more day" if you didn't stay one more day they would be really upset. That's just me though, I over worry about those kind of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_nik_nik View Post
I'm drooling already! What new places are you thinking of trying? Our new place last time was Boma and now it is a MUST DO for every future trip!
Oh the places I want to try, of course we can't fit them in all in one trip. Biergarten is a must do, if we don't the DH won't let us go family favorite.

The new ones are:
'Ohana (dinner)
Kona (breakfast)
CRT (breakfast)
Le Cellier
Teppan Edo (dinner)
Yak & Yeti (lunch)
Jiko (dinner)
Restaurant Merrakesh
T-Rex
Kouzzina
Fulton's Crab House
Ragland Road
Rose and Crown
Liberty Tree Tavern
Coral Reef

For some odd reason there are two odd things that I am worried about now. 1. I loose sunglasses a lot. I usually just buy the cheap $5-$10 ones at Wal Mart and have like 5 at a time between the different cars, the house, and my purses. I would love to buy a pair of Ray-Bans, but I would just loose them. I'm just worried about taking too many, or not taking enough with me and loosing them and not having a pair and having to pay more than I normally would at WDW. I wear contacts and my eyes tend to be kinda sensitive. I even wear sunglasses if it's cloudy outside and sometimes when it's raining.
2. Figuring out, which of the 3 routes that we are going to take and finding as many VW dealerships on the way, so I can keep an eye out for them for "slug bugs".
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #110
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran
 
readytogotodisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,067

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
We have never done a split stay. The way you're talking about doing sounds like a great surprise. I would just make sure that when you tell them, that it was already planned. Like "surprise we planned blah blah blah". I would be afraid that if you didn't let them know y'all had already planned it, the next trip that they said, "just one more day" if you didn't stay one more day they would be really upset. That's just me though, I over worry about those kind of things.



Yup, we thought the same thing. When we surprised them with the last trip at Christmas we all told them, don't expect this kind of thing every year. If we do the split stay surprise, they'll know that this was all pre-planned and we can't keep adding "just one more day". Point taken
__________________
Me 34 , DH 34 , and DS 4 and DD 1 My Photobucket with Disney Name Fills
Trips: DW '82,'86,'87,'89 Off site, '91 CR, '92 WL, '94-'99 OKW, '02 OKW, '05 off site '06 BWI, '07 OKW, '09 BWV, '11 BLT,'12 BCV '13BLT/BWV
'13AKL/POFQ GFV '14 ASMusic '14, Pop/WLV '14 US/IOA and BWV/BLT '15
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #111
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_nik_nik View Post
I'm drooling already! What new places are you thinking of trying? Our new place last time was Boma and now it is a MUST DO for every future trip!
These are on my list as of now

CP (Breakfast, we've done this before, but all of my crew loves Pooh and friends)
Hollywood N Vine (Breakfast, again a do over, but it's for my 3 yo)
Ashkerhaus (Dinner) First time
Tony's Town Square or Be Our Guest if open (Dinner)
Cape May (Breakfast) *If we don't do AK on our last day
Tusker House (Breakfast) * If we do AK on our last day

Columbia Harbor House
Cosmic Rays
WPE
Yak & Yeti

I still need more CS places to try, but with a group of 6 its challenging finding places that they all will eat at
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #112
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
[COLOR="Green"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh the places I want to try, of course we can't fit them in all in one trip. Biergarten is a must do, if we don't the DH won't let us go family favorite.


For some odd reason there are two odd things that I am worried about now. 1. I loose sunglasses a lot.
2. Figuring out, which of the 3 routes that we are going to take and finding as many VW dealerships on the way, so I can keep an eye out for them for "slug bugs".
I had Biergarten on the list at one point and then read some reviews that took it back off. How did you like the food?

I wouldpack three pairs, one in the car, one in your luggage and one in your disney bag.

LOL at the VW dealerships.
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:15 AM   #113
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
These are on my list as of now

Be Our Guest if open (Dinner)
That's true, can't forget about that Any rumors about what kind of restaurant it will be?
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:00 AM   #114
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
That's true, can't forget about that Any rumors about what kind of restaurant it will be?
That is a must do for us if it's open, DD has been a Belle nut since she could say princess, lol. All I know for sure is its a CS in the day and TS at night, there was a rumor about it being a French restauarant, and Luminiere would be on a serving cart, but I have no clue
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #115
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
That is a must do for us if it's open, DD has been a Belle nut since she could say princess, lol. All I know for sure is its a CS in the day and TS at night, there was a rumor about it being a French restauarant, and Luminiere would be on a serving cart, but I have no clue
Hmmmmmm... CS or TS.. so many decisions Guess I'll just have to wait for the menus to come out.

I am going to the disney store this weekend I am going to add on to our vaca gift card and seeif there is anything I can buy and squirrel away for vaca.
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #116
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
These are on my list as of now

CP (Breakfast, we've done this before, but all of my crew loves Pooh and friends)
Hollywood N Vine (Breakfast, again a do over, but it's for my 3 yo)
Ashkerhaus (Dinner) First time
Tony's Town Square or Be Our Guest if open (Dinner)
Cape May (Breakfast) *If we don't do AK on our last day
Tusker House (Breakfast) * If we do AK on our last day

Columbia Harbor House
Cosmic Rays
WPE
Yak & Yeti

I still need more CS places to try, but with a group of 6 its challenging finding places that they all will eat at
Sounds like a good list. I forgot about BOG. I have to eat there on our trip. I still need to go see Beaty & the Beast in 3D before it's out theatres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
I had Biergarten on the list at one point and then read some reviews that took it back off. How did you like the food?

I wouldpack three pairs, one in the car, one in your luggage and one in your disney bag.

LOL at the VW dealerships.
That's a good idea. I'll bring at least that many. I can just see myself leaving a pair in a hotel room on the way there.

We love the food at Biergarten, but then we love German food. There is other stuff there to eat. I remember the Salmon being good and some pork thing was good too. The carrots were amazing, as were the potatoes. Just remember to not stuff yourself on the food part, and save room for dessert. The apple strudel with vanilla sauce is beyond amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
That's true, can't forget about that Any rumors about what kind of restaurant it will be?
The last that I read, it would be either open this summer (2012) or would be taking ADRs. There was confusion as to which was the case. Although what I am reading today looks like it may be late 2012. If that is the case, it'll be open for our trips. I am just not sure if it will be taking ADRs for when our 180 day out comes around.

Have y'all read/seen the information on the new wrist bands? They are supposed to be used for your room key, park tickets, to pay for items in the park, and to get Fast Passes (and maybe the actual Fast Pass). If it works like it seems like it should after just skimming the article. It sounds so cool!!

http://dizfanatic.com/DizTech012.aspx
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #117
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

I swear, I just need to stop looking at resorts. The more pictures that I see of AoA, the more that I want to stay there. I LOVE the idea of two bathrooms that come with the suites since we will have 2 teenage boys. Then again, I love being able to park right next to our cabin to empty out the mini van. I just wish the cabins had 2 bathrooms. It doesn't make sense that they don't. I did plan to pack more since we aren't flying. I know we'll have at least one ice chest with us. Then I'll pack my can Dr. Peppers and my DH will want his Monsters.

I really need to number crunch tomorrow. I don't think I have to take either one of the in laws to a doctor tomorrow so I can hopefully do it then.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #118
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I swear, I just need to stop looking at resorts. The more pictures that I see of AoA, the more that I want to stay there. I LOVE the idea of two bathrooms that come with the suites since we will have 2 teenage boys. Then again, I love being able to park right next to our cabin to empty out the mini van. I just wish the cabins had 2 bathrooms. It doesn't make sense that they don't. I did plan to pack more since we aren't flying. I know we'll have at least one ice chest with us. Then I'll pack my can Dr. Peppers and my DH will want his Monsters.

I really need to number crunch tomorrow. I don't think I have to take either one of the in laws to a doctor tomorrow so I can hopefully do it then.
I know the feeling! DH loves the cabins, he really likes the fact that he can go sit out on the deck to relax, and I like that too. But there is just no way we can sleep in them, I wish one of the beds was a queen or the couch could fit someone. C'mon Disney, think of us tall people! LOL
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:36 AM   #119
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Have y'all read/seen the information on the new wrist bands? They are supposed to be used for your room key, park tickets, to pay for items in the park, and to get Fast Passes (and maybe the actual Fast Pass). If it works like it seems like it should after just skimming the article. It sounds so cool!!

http://dizfanatic.com/DizTech012.aspx

Those sound really cool!
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #120
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
Those sound really cool!
Yes they do. I'm just worried about the size of them. My DH has pretty thick wrist and I'm worried that they will be uncomfortable for him.

Today, I'm working on my spending money spread sheet and counting the money in the pig. I noticed that I had some of the figures set on the total that I wanted to save ($3,500). The only thing is that the $3,500 is for gas, hotels on the way there, food on the road, tips for TSs and spending money. I have to adjust it to show that. Which means a little more conplicated math that the one that I had.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: