Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #1126
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
I highly doubt that the FP+ is going live within the next few months, and I haven't heard anything about any FP+ testing going on yet either.

As for FP and the FLE, I plan on going our normal routine, with a side trip into FLE. I know my 3 yr old will want to ride Barnstormer and Dumbo so those are must do's for us. We went to DL in Oct and rode the LM ride and honestly I wasn't impressed. If the line is short enough we'll ride it, but I'm not going to make it priority.
Our DD is an Ariel nut so we have to make sure to meet her again in her Grotto and do the ride at least once. I guess the best way is to head there after one of our mornings at RD.

I just thought is was odd that Disney is now making us upgrade to My Disney Experience and talks about Fast Pass+ for our upcoming trip.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #1127
sPaRkLeSpAz
wow, our house has been scary today
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Peanut butter pie!

I'm so excited! I'll be at Pop from 1/18 to 1/21.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #1128
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPaRkLeSpAz View Post
I'm so excited! I'll be at Pop from 1/18 to 1/21.
& added

To those that leave this week....
BanditsMommy, danceintherain, Echo Queen, glasslipper, jlhill4444, kdog_1981, Mickey'sApprentice, newbie2013, scoutie, Suziewan, goldwest, jp02, MikeinBoston, miss nik nik, MrsDrewsky, T&G1994, allie to you, CozumelDisneyFan, dtr angel, hsmamainva, showers2flowers, AngelinaVP, Faithful Tink, Hermacdady, mickeyplanner, MrsMouse74, Penguin312, rachel09985, SgtsWifeandmommyof4, swimchick1984, UndercoverMama, travel safe and have magical vacations.

To those already there....
haPevraftr, MagicalPix, robin714, jillhou, Carolo, buzznina, janiejake, savannahcat, shannn, I hope you are having a magical time.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #1129
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Thanks for the send off. We are currently sitting on the side of the hwy because our ME bus broke down. hope to feel or see the magic soon

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #1130
Echo queen

Update, we are on the move again.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #1131
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Update, we are on the move again.
Have you made it WDW yet? I can't believe your ME bus broke down. That can only mean the trip has to get better from that point on.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #1132
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Have you made it WDW yet? I can't believe your ME bus broke down. That can only mean the trip has to get better from that point on.

That's what I was thinking as well. Hopefully that is the only bad spot in your trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #1133
boocake
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore718 View Post
5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOA Nemo here we come!! Driving from Philly with DH, 3 daughters, ages 7,5 and 3......Wish me luck and Pixie Dust!! LOL. I packed the kids and my suitcases last night. Stalking weather.com and it's looking good...70's for the week of 1/6. Can't wait!!!!
weather.com is not looking so good anymore for those dates! We arrive on the 5th and that day should be good, but I'm seeing rain the following 3 days. Urgh. I am trying not to be too sad though. Even if it rains I am sure we will find a way to have a good time, and Florida weather is crazy - by the time we go the forecast might end up being sunny....fingers crossed!!!!!
boocake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #1134
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore718 View Post
5 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AOA Nemo here we come!! Driving from Philly with DH, 3 daughters, ages 7,5 and 3......Wish me luck and Pixie Dust!! LOL. I packed the kids and my suitcases last night. Stalking weather.com and it's looking good...70's for the week of 1/6. Can't wait!!!!
I knew your name looked familiar...I remember chatting with you about weather worries in Philly before a trip 2 years ago around this time! That was one hell of a flight for us- we got stuck with engine troubles and de-icing for 3 hours in Philly before being one of the last flights to leave before they closed the airport. Gotta love those surprise snowstorms! At least you don't have to deal with that this time. HAve a great trip!
Old 01-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #1135
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo queen View Post
Thanks for the send off. We are currently sitting on the side of the hwy because our ME bus broke down. hope to feel or see the magic soon
Just out of curiosity, did they do anything to 'make up' for your troubles?
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #1136
Echo queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
Just out of curiosity, did they do anything to 'make up' for your troubles?
No they did not, I did hear others suggesting that they get somethingwe started at AK and then over to DHS made the 8pm fantastic with great seats, the left overs for the dining plan. Snacks, Osborn lights and back to resort to unpack and cocktails. Buses have been great so far..

Old 01-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #1137
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post
weather.com is not looking so good anymore for those dates! We arrive on the 5th and that day should be good, but I'm seeing rain the following 3 days. Urgh. I am trying not to be too sad though. Even if it rains I am sure we will find a way to have a good time, and Florida weather is crazy - by the time we go the forecast might end up being sunny....fingers crossed!!!!!
Have you looked at accuweather? Rain wasn't in their forecast until the end of next week but with warmer weather. Now I am going to have to check out weather again today. HEre's hoping we all leave PA on time this weekend and have warm rainless weather in FL.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #1138
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

Just took a look at the weather and it does call for some rain. Coming from SF Bay Area, I'm used to the rain and not much else as far as winter goes, though it has been pretty cold lately (well, cold for us).
Old 01-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #1139
goofy24
Earning My Ears

We're driving from Illinois and will be staying the week of the 6th. Glad to see I'm not the only one stalking the weather channel. Luckily we're driving, so we can pack clothes for all weather just in case. Art of Animation here we come!!!!!

2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2013 - Art of Animation (Cars)
goofy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #1140
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Just bought a few pairs of legging style capris for next week's trip. Thinking shorts would be too chilly? Still can't decide on tops. I think it's easier to go in June. LOLOLOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: