Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #976
kdog_1981
Mouseketeer

No smells from our view. Lots of action and we saw a baby giraffe! Balconies are very private.

2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013-BC
kdog_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #977
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

We are staying our last two nights at AKL and really splurged with club level. I would be super disappointed if we didn't see animals. I'm trying to figure out what to request since I've read a few things about getting pool view with the club level. I'm not paying that much to not have a savannah view. If that's the case, I would rather do without club level and just book savannah view.
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #978
KuyaJeff
Mouseketeer

Woot woot, it's so exciting to see other people booked for AKL like us in this thread lately!

We're 67 days out from out trip and every moment I think I'm done with the planning, something alway scauses it to change. So I thought I'd get some opinions on what we have down so far....please give some feedback!

Brace yourself, here's the fancy Xcel Spreadsheet:
KuyaJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #979
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
Hahaha - I didn't even think of that!!
Honestly, I didn't either until he said something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog_1981 View Post
No smells from our view. Lots of action and we saw a baby giraffe! Balconies are very private.
I didn't think people would pay extra, just to not be able to sit on the balcony b/c of a poopy smell. My DH is just paranoid about it, I think. A baby giraffe would be awesome!! They are so cute!!
From what I am reading about the Arusha views, is they warn they are not as private as the other savanna views since it is the main savanna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaJeff View Post
Woot woot, it's so exciting to see other people booked for AKL like us in this thread lately!

We're 67 days out from out trip and every moment I think I'm done with the planning, something alway scauses it to change. So I thought I'd get some opinions on what we have down so far....please give some feedback!

Brace yourself, here's the fancy Xcel Spreadsheet:

Love the spreadsheet!!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #980
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog_1981 View Post
No smells. Come on, this is Disney, they do not allow animals to have smelly poop
The 2 visits we were with SV, I definately would not call the balconies private. Here is a couple of photos. The first one is the wooden wall between balconies and the 2nd shows that you can see all the balconies accross and the majority to the left (not pictured).

DW DH DD(8) DD(2)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #981
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
No smells. Come on, this is Disney, they do not allow animals to have smelly poop
The hubby called earlier and we were talking about it. When he called it the poop view, I said, "Food doesn't have calories at WDW, and animals don't poop."

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #982
crazy4tig
Mouseketeer

I was booked for Jan 16-28 but have changed my dates to Jan 26-feb 6. Thanks... So excited its right around the corner!!

1996 off site2000 All Star Music2006 POR2007 POFQ2009POP
2010 POFQ (with an awsome discount)2011 POP2013 POR

crazy4tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #983
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The 2 visits we were with SV, I definately would not call the balconies private. Here is a couple of photos. The first one is the wooden wall between balconies and the 2nd shows that you can see all the balconies accross and the majority to the left (not pictured).

Did you bring binoculars or were they in the room for you to use? We willl be staying at AKV Kidani for part of of January stay. That might be a good christmas gift idea if we need them.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #984
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
The hubby called earlier and we were talking about it. When he called it the poop view, I said, "Food doesn't have calories at WDW, and animals don't poop."
That's good to know since we'll be on the dXDDP this time!!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #985
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Great pics!! But I don't see any animails...did you see a lot from your balcony during your trip?
Old 11-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #986
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4tig
I was booked for Jan 16-28 but have changed my dates to Jan 26-feb 6. Thanks... So excited its right around the corner!!
I tried updating from my phone, but I'm having trouble with making it do that. As soon as I get home, I'll update you.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #987
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22

That's good to know since we'll be on the dXDDP this time!!
We did the DlxDDP on our last trip. I loved it, but the DH thought we spent too much time on meals. Either making sure we weren't late, waiting at the restaurant to be seated, or eating. We only had 2 ADRs a day.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #988
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
We did the DlxDDP on our last trip. I loved it, but the DH thought we spent too much time on meals. Either making sure we weren't late, waiting at the restaurant to be seated, or eating. We only had 2 ADRs a day.
Well I'd probably be on your side if I got a vote in your family Although we've never done the dXDDP so we'll see after our next trip how we feel!

We only have 2 ADRs a day as well and I tried to book places covenient to where we are going to be and it's just me and my DH so we usually can get through everything we want to see pretty quick and our dinner ADRs are later, mostly after all the parks close. So...we'll see how it goes! If I could just get that BoG ADR and I'd be ecstatic!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #989
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Did you bring binoculars or were they in the room for you to use? We willl be staying at AKV Kidani for part of of January stay. That might be a good christmas gift idea if we need them.
No binoculars in the room, but the times we stayed, I didn't feel like we needed them.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #990
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4tig View Post
Updated

I finally got home and was able to get to my laptop. I knew I should have taken it with me this morning. We had several recalls for my minivan, that I needed to get taken care of. They told me when I dropped it off this morning just before 10 AM, that it wouldn't take more than half the day-max. About 3:30, I called and they promised it would be done today. Then at 5:15, I called and they said they really needed to keep it overnight to get it done. They had to track down some parts and it took longer than usual. Plus they were swamped tonight.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: