Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #931
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

Hi! Still pretty new to the boards but thought I would pop in on here. We are headed down for our honeymoon Jan 5-17! First 10 nights at POR followed by a big splurge (for us) at AKL club level. It is both of our first trip, we are from the San Francisco area and are Disneyland annual passholders, but planning this trip has taken on a mind of its own. I'm really glad that we waited to go a few months after our wedding (we got married 10-11-12), it would have been too much to plan the wedding and the trip. Can't wait!
Old 11-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #932
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

Also, our plans so far are

1/5- arrive, ADR at Raglan Road
1/6- ADR for lunch at Le Cellier and a late dinner at Biergarten (I think this is a little crazy, but the only way we could work the two)
1/7- ADR lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In
1/8-Be Our Guest ADR (I made this before we were even sure we could afford to go, I can't wait !)
1/9-ADR for Rosé & Crown, hoping to snag a patio table.
1/10-no ADRs yet, planning to be in MK
1/11- Spirit of Aloha dinner
1/12- Yak and Yeti dinner ADR
1/13- planning on going to Universal for Harry Potter
1/14- no parks planned yet, my just take the day off and explore other resorts, since we will have our rental car at this point.
1/15- planning a pool day for the day we switched resorts. Read on here that some people do that and it sounded like a good idea. We also have ADR at Boma
1/16- no park plans yet, probably just hit whatever we feel we missed or want to revisit. Also, just relaxing, enjoying our savannah view.
1/17- Downtown Disney and then we head home.

Is there anything major we are missing as far as ADRs? There is so many places we want to eat. It's so hard making decisions. Especially this far out.
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #933
NateTiff
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin312 View Post
Hi! Still pretty new to the boards but thought I would pop in on here. We are headed down for our honeymoon Jan 5-17! First 10 nights at POR followed by a big splurge (for us) at AKL club level. It is both of our first trip, we are from the San Francisco area and are Disneyland annual passholders, but planning this trip has taken on a mind of its own. I'm really glad that we waited to go a few months after our wedding (we got married 10-11-12), it would have been too much to plan the wedding and the trip. Can't wait!
I'll be there the same time you are! We're going to the parks on slightly different days though. Staying at POFQ.
I also went to WDW this past January for my honeymoon and yes, it was a big pain to plan a wedding followed by a honeymoon immediately after!
NateTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #934
kdog_1981
Mouseketeer

Heading to the BC with three little kids Jan 2-10. Anyone in the same hotel?

2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013-BC
kdog_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #935
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Now that is November, all of us can say in two months we will be in Disney World!
I can't wait to see sunshine again, I am hoping the sun finally breaks through Sandy this weekend.
YAY!! Hoping for sunshine for you all!!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #936
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
& added
Congrats on the recent wedding!! That is a date that will not be easily forgotten. Oh and I love your username. Penguins are my favorite animal on the planet, closely followed by a few others. Are y'all going to get the bride and groom Mickey ears to wear while you are there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog_1981 View Post
Heading to the BC with three little kids Jan 2-10. Anyone in the same hotel?
& added
Will there be another adult with you or are you doing WDW with just yourself and three little kids? If you are by yourself, you are braver than I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
YAY!! Hoping for sunshine for you all!!
I totally agree!! Also, that the power is totally restored before the weather gets too cold. I know there are still some areas without power.

I hope everyone is having as great of a weekend as we are. Even though this is a NASCAR weekend for us, which is normally anything but magical since I can see the track from my front porch. My sister is a document review lawyer and was working on a case that her firm just rented a bunch of rooms at a hotel down the street from the court house for since they were working such crazy hours. Well the trial got over sooner than they thought and the rooms had been paid for. Since the hotel wouldn't give them the money back on the days they weren't going to use, they offered us one of the rooms for the weekend. My DH didn't feel comfortable leaving the boys two nights with his parents (since his dad is having health issues again) so we just did one night. It was really nice to be out of the house for the night, and was the hotel that JKF slept in the night before his assaassination.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #937
kdog_1981
Mouseketeer

The wife of course will be there

2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013-BC
kdog_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #938
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

& added
Congrats on the recent wedding!! That is a date that will not be easily forgotten. Oh and I love your username. Penguins are my favorite animal on the planet, closely followed by a few others. Are y'all going to get the bride and groom Mickey ears to wear while you are there?.
That was the hope when we picked the date. Penguins are my favorite animal, too! I want to get the ears but I doubt my husband will wear them. We are big Star Wars fans and I have the R2D2 ears with my Mrs. New last name and our date stitched on them.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #939
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTiff

I'll be there the same time you are! We're going to the parks on slightly different days though. Staying at POFQ.
I also went to WDW this past January for my honeymoon and yes, it was a big pain to plan a wedding followed by a honeymoon immediately after!
This is our first trip to WDW and it's a huge difference than our quick trips to DL every few months. I used EasyWDW as a guide when deciding what parks to visit on which days. Plans could change.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #940
ryckpen
Earning My Ears

POR January 27th till February 1st can't wait!! Will be sharing the magic with family for the first time.
ryckpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #941
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know when the 2013 vacation video will be released? I would love to see how they present all the new stuff from 2012. I am hoping if you order a vacation video in December you will get the 2013 video before our January trips?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #942
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Does anyone know when the 2013 vacation video will be released? I would love to see how they present all the new stuff from 2012. I am hoping if you order a vacation video in December you will get the 2013 video before our January trips?
I'd love to know this too.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #943
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
That was the hope when we picked the date. Penguins are my favorite animal, too! I want to get the ears but I doubt my husband will wear them. We are big Star Wars fans and I have the R2D2 ears with my Mrs. New last name and our date stitched on them.
We are big Star Wars fans as well. Back when our boys were little, my DH went to school on Saturdays. My boys and I would have movie marathons. One weekend it was Star Wars, then Lord of the Rings, and then Harry Potter(what ever was out at the time).

I didn't realize until after we were married, my DH agreed on our wedding date b/c it was easy for him to remember. I thought it would be cool to have a wedding near the 4th of July, and the Saturday before was the 1st. I asked my DH if that was ok, and he excitedly agreed, so we got married 07/01/1995. A year or so later, we were walking though downtown of the town I grew up in for some parade or something. I noticed a painting of Gettysburg, and at the bottom a plaque saying "The Battle of Gettysburg July 1-3 1863". I pointed to the painting and asked if that was why he agreed to the date so quickly. My DH is a huge Civil War buff, and he did agree to that date b/c he knew it would be easy for him to remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryckpen View Post
POR January 27th till February 1st can't wait!! Will be sharing the magic with family for the first time.
& added
Your first family trip....how beyond exciting!! I wish I had known about the DIS before our first trip. Even though, I didn't know as much about planning, beyond booking the trip, it still is the most magical of all our trips.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #944
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats on your recent marriage. I think it was a great idea to plan your honeymoon a few months after your wedding, it gives you something to look forward to after the dust from the wedding settles. All your ADRs look great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I didn't realize until after we were married, my DH agreed on our wedding date b/c it was easy for him to remember. I thought it would be cool to have a wedding near the 4th of July, and the Saturday before was the 1st. I asked my DH if that was ok, and he excitedly agreed, so we got married 07/01/1995. A year or so later, we were walking though downtown of the town I grew up in for some parade or something. I noticed a painting of Gettysburg, and at the bottom a plaque saying "The Battle of Gettysburg July 1-3 1863". I pointed to the painting and asked if that was why he agreed to the date so quickly. My DH is a huge Civil War buff, and he did agree to that date b/c he knew it would be easy for him to remember.
]
At least you don't have to worry about your DH forgetting your anniversary.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #945
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala
Congrats on your recent marriage. I think it was a great idea to plan your honeymoon a few months after your wedding, it gives you something to look forward to after the dust from the wedding settles. All your ADRs look great too..
Thank you! We also both work in some form of retail so it's nice to have something to look forward to after the craziness of the holidays. And I'm glad you think the ADRs look good. I'm getting a but nervous since it was very hard to pick and choose with so many great options. I did switch the Yak and Yeti ADR to a late Ohana dinner.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: