Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #766
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2013 View Post
I can't believe I haven't subbed here yet!
We are going to wdw for the first time January - sometime between 2-9 and staying at aoa
Super excited and nervous all at the same time
& gotcha added

We stayed at the Pop at drove by the AoA, so many times on our June trip. It looks so cool!! I wished it had been open during our trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #767
disjseag
Earning My Ears

Subbing!

Hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary in January at our very favorite place!

It will be our first trip to WDW without the kiddos! We are super excited with some twinges of guilt thrown in (can't imagine not being there with the kids). It will also be our first time staying at the Poly. VERY excited about that too!
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #768
JessiMommy
DIS Veteran

Count me in! Arriving January 27 - Feb. 3 AOA!

Most recent visits...
AKL ~ September 14-21, 2013
AoA ~ January 27-February 3, 2013
POR ~ November 10-17, 2012
JessiMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #769
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by disjseag View Post
Subbing!

Hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary in January at our very favorite place!

It will be our first trip to WDW without the kiddos! We are super excited with some twinges of guilt thrown in (can't imagine not being there with the kids). It will also be our first time staying at the Poly. VERY excited about that too!
& added I put you in undecided since you didn't put your dates. If you want to add them, that's fine. If you don't, that's fine as well.
My DH and I went for a couple of days without the kids in 2000 for our 5th wedding anniversary. We had met at the MK in 1994 while on Spring Break. Every once in a while I would feel a little guilty about not taking the kids. Then again, we were only in the parks for two days over 4th of July weekend and the DSs were both under 2. Besides I think it's good for mom and dad to get away without the kids. We were going to go on another kidless trip in January 2013, but then we noticed it would be right in the middle of wrestling season. We will go again without the kids, b/c it's just nice to be able to do the things they don't like (or want) to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessiMommy View Post
Count me in! Arriving January 27 - Feb. 3 AOA!
& added
That resort just looks so cool!! What section are y'all staying in? I would love to stay in each of them at least once.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 09-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #770
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Maurice's cottage sneak peek

We just got back last night from WDW and can't wait for our January trip, especially for Fantasyland to open up. To our surprise yesterday after being inside Mickey's Philharmagic an announcement was made that Disney is doing a testing on one of the new attractions at Fantasyland and if we had an hour to spare and would like to take part please head back to the blue construction walls and cast members will direct you from there. So of course we went to check it out, we only had 1.5 hours until we had to catch the ME to the airport but we weren't going to miss this opportunity to be some of the first to see parts of the new Fantasyland additions.

DD had a Belle outfit on and the CMs leading us into Fantasyland kept making a fuss over DD. So we started to think we were going to see some of the new Beauty and the Beast areas of Fantasyland.

Just let me tell you the details we saw were AMAZING .

We got to enter in Maurice's cottage. Hanging on a wall is a picture of Belle as a child with her mom. There is also a growth chart of Belle on one of the walls. We of course had our DD stand next to it to see where she compared with Belle. There is even the book that Belle is reading in the movie and the sheep took a bite out of the page sitting on a table inside the cottage.

Then they take you into Maurice's workshop. There are blueprints all over the place and a beautiful mirror hanging on one of the walls. We made sure to stand in front of the mirror. Once everyone is inside, the CM tells you no more flash photography and asks us to repeat after him. "Show us the night Belle and Beast fall in love" The mirror then transforms into a doorway and we are asked to walk through. It was so magically to see the mirror transform and then walk into Beast's castle.

Once inside the castle, which is breathtaking , another CM is there with the enchanted wardrobe. Yes, there is a lifesize talking/animated wardrobe inside this room. They explain that the Beast wants to surprise Belle by having us "villagers" help retell the story of how they met. They ask for villagers to help act out the parts. DH was picked to be one of the "marching" knights. The villager actors are given props for their roles and we all practice our "parts".

We are then lead into the Castle Library and Luminaire is on the mantle to meet us along with two additional CMs. The actors are asked to take their places and the rest of us "villagers" are asked to take a seat on three different rows of benches. We decided to sit on the far right side of the room up front to be position in front of DH. WHich happened to be a great spot because we were seated right next to the door that Belle entered and exited. Everyone acted out their parts and they had a Photopass photographer taking pictures. All the actors got a bookmark from Belle and a special photopass card with Belle on the card. I wasn't planning on buying photopass from this trip but now I might be tempted once I load up all our cards.

I am so excited that we got see this firsthand and now can't wait to see the rest of fantasyland in January.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #771
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
I am so excited that we got see this firsthand and now can't wait to see the rest of fantasyland in January.
Wow!! Sounds so amazing - lucky you!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #772
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Wow!! Sounds so amazing - lucky you!
If you check out the disney blog you can see some of what I saw in person.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #773
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

mickeyplanner - that sounds so cool! I cannot wait to see it in January!
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #774
tianna26
Mouseketeer

just got home from AAA its official we will be there June 2-11 staying at AoA- finding nemo suites!

Last edited by tianna26; 09-05-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: wrong room sorry
tianna26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #775
cormac05
Earning My Ears

I just subbed to this, but we are going to wdw jan 26 - feb 2. This will be our first trip there and we will be staying at the poly! Looking forward to sharing in the excitement as it gets closer!
cormac05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #776
michsig
DIS Veteran

120 days til we are back!
June 2010 - CSR
July 1999 - Villas at Disney Institute
May 1991 - Offsite
michsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #777
MikeinBoston
Stockholder

Count me in! January 3-7 Port Orleans French Quarter, just me and my girlfriend!

Port Orleans French Quarter- 2015
Port Orleans French Quarter- 2013
Port Orleans Riverside- 2009
Saratoga Springs- 2007
MikeinBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #778
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormac05 View Post
I just subbed to this, but we are going to wdw jan 26 - feb 2. This will be our first trip there and we will be staying at the poly! Looking forward to sharing in the excitement as it gets closer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinBoston View Post
Count me in! January 3-7 Port Orleans French Quarter, just me and my girlfriend!
to you both and your both added

I'm sorry it took me so long to get y'all added. The DSs have started back to school, which includes football practice, and I've started back as well. It's crazy around here. I already miss sleeping.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #779
swimchick1984
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone,

I am Nicole. DH, DD, and I are all going to the World from January 5th to the 13th. I will be running the half marathon on the 12th. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level.
swimchick1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #780
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimchick1984 View Post
Hi everyone,

I am Nicole. DH, DD, and I are all going to the World from January 5th to the 13th. I will be running the half marathon on the 12th. We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level.
& added

I would love to stay at the AKL sometime. It looks like such a beautiful resort.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: