Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #751
Bozni
Earning My Ears
 
Bozni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 34

We'll be in WDW January 6th through the 12th and we're tentatively staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room. Woot!
__________________
01/13 - POP | 01/12 - CSR | 01/11 - POR | 05/06 - Offsite | 03/92 - Offsite
Bozni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #752
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,102

Add me to the list, I just hope I don't jinx myself...

I'm tentatively planning a trip Jan 2-12 for our anniversary. It's possible that I might have to cut it shorter, but for now I'm shooting for the moon. We at least have to be there on Jan 9 for our Be Our Guest ADR. Maybe I'll just fly out there by myself in order to go?

DH seems to be on board, but we're waiting on a few life situations to sort themselves out before we can truly commit to anything.

EDIT: I guess I should add that we're not sure where we're going to stay yet. The goal is the Wilderness Lodge, but if we end up at a moderate I'm hoping for Port Orleans. We'll be booking with a military discount, so I MIGHT be able to convince DH to do something a bit more pricey under the guise that we may never get another 40% off again. A split stay might be on the table.
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #753
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozni View Post
We'll be in WDW January 6th through the 12th and we're tentatively staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room. Woot!
& added

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Add me to the list, I just hope I don't jinx myself...

I'm tentatively planning a trip Jan 2-12 for our anniversary. It's possible that I might have to cut it shorter, but for now I'm shooting for the moon. We at least have to be there on Jan 9 for our Be Our Guest ADR. Maybe I'll just fly out there by myself in order to go?

DH seems to be on board, but we're waiting on a few life situations to sort themselves out before we can truly commit to anything.

EDIT: I guess I should add that we're not sure where we're going to stay yet. The goal is the Wilderness Lodge, but if we end up at a moderate I'm hoping for Port Orleans. We'll be booking with a military discount, so I MIGHT be able to convince DH to do something a bit more pricey under the guise that we may never get another 40% off again. A split stay might be on the table.
& added
Hopefully, you'll be able to meet your WL goal. I have loved it there since our October 2006 stay. I wanted to stay there are our last trip, but the DH wouldn't go for it unless I gave up the DlxDDP. Since we'll have more time to save for the trip, it's on my short list for our June 2013 trip.

Those that are eating at the new BOG restaurant will have to give me all the details after their trips. I would love to eat there when we go next June, but wonder if I want to eat there for lunch or dinner.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #754
3Paige14
Mouseketeer
 
3Paige14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southeast Texas
Posts: 186

Guess I might as well join the party.

Going to be at WDW 1/6-1/11 and staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room!

This is going to be my second WDW trip in January. Went in '08 and was freezing most of the week. Hope it's a bit warmer this time around (I love jeans and flips flops weather with a jacket in the morning and evening).
__________________
Paige
INDYCAR fan and blogger; Future motorsports journalist; WDW addict (15 trips and counting)
3Paige14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #755
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Paige14 View Post
Guess I might as well join the party.

Going to be at WDW 1/6-1/11 and staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room!

This is going to be my second WDW trip in January. Went in '08 and was freezing most of the week. Hope it's a bit warmer this time around (I love jeans and flips flops weather with a jacket in the morning and evening).
& added
Hopefully the weather will be just right.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #756
danceintherain
DIS Veteran
 
danceintherain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 5,102

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Paige14 View Post
Guess I might as well join the party.

Going to be at WDW 1/6-1/11 and staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room!

This is going to be my second WDW trip in January. Went in '08 and was freezing most of the week. Hope it's a bit warmer this time around (I love jeans and flips flops weather with a jacket in the morning and evening).
I'm hoping for warm weather too, because I want to try the Water Parks for the first time. The weather when we went in 2009 wasn't bad, but I'm not sure it was Water Park worthy.
It was cool in the mornings and the evenings with warmer days, but it probably didn't break 80 degrees all week.
__________________
~*Becca*~
Well Begun is Half Done...When Plans Go Awry: April 2013 Trip Report
Me (27) DH (27) DS (3) DD (born Feb 2014)
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #757
pkf4bucs
Mouseketeer
 
pkf4bucs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I'm hoping for warm weather too, because I want to try the Water Parks for the first time. The weather when we went in 2009 wasn't bad, but I'm not sure it was Water Park worthy.
It was cool in the mornings and the evenings with warmer days, but it probably didn't break 80 degrees all week.
I thought they closed the water parks this time of the year for refurbs.
pkf4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #758
redoschi
Mouseketeer
 
redoschi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil
Posts: 472

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkf4bucs View Post
I thought they closed the water parks this time of the year for refurbs.
They do, but one at a time. Typhoon Lagoon will be closed until Jan 5th and then Blizzard Beach will go down for rehab.
__________________

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site


WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #759
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,438

I went late Jan this year and we definitely had water park worthy days! We did pools, Splash and Kali and loved it. However the week before my friends were in gloves/hats so you never know.

We too will add TL (or maybe even Discovery Cove) if it looks like really warm weather.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #760
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran
 
dawnhaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,736

I actually prefer cooler weather (70s are great for me) but I'm hoping to have one good water park day during my January trip too.
__________________
Aug '12 (All Star Sports), Oct '12 (All Star Music), Jan '13 (Art of Animation), Oct '13 (Pop Century), Aug '14 (All Star Music)

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #761
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying
 
dtr_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: too far from Disney
Posts: 1,826

I'm definitely hoping for warm weather in January! My brother wants to go to blizzard beach no matter what, so here's hoping January 5th is warm since the next day it closes for rehab and it will be our only shot ( we arrive mid day on the 4th)
__________________
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #762
rpbear
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Coppell, TX
Posts: 883

[QUOTE=letthewookiewin;43699195]and no Epcot. We were there a few days longer than you were. We were there October 8-13, 2006, and went to our first MNSSHP. It was a great trip!! We stayed at the WL in a woods view room near the otter pond. We couldn't see the MK, but we could see the fireworks popping through the trees.

I would love to live that close to WDW. I would be there as often as my DH would let me. Now I just need to convince Disney that they want to move all of WDW to North Texas.





Please, please move WDW to North Texas.
__________________
Previous Trips - 32 and counting since 1995

It has been too long since the last trip. Adding a ticker finally for my next trip.
rpbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #763
Michelle1125
Mouseketeer
 
Michelle1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I would love to live that close to WDW. I would be there as often as my DH would let me. Now I just need to convince Disney that they want to move all of WDW to North Texas.

Please, please move WDW to North Texas.
I would sign that petition!
__________________
Michelle1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #764
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

[QUOTE=rpbear;45974697]
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
and no Epcot. We were there a few days longer than you were. We were there October 8-13, 2006, and went to our first MNSSHP. It was a great trip!! We stayed at the WL in a woods view room near the otter pond. We couldn't see the MK, but we could see the fireworks popping through the trees.

I would love to live that close to WDW. I would be there as often as my DH would let me. Now I just need to convince Disney that they want to move all of WDW to North Texas.





Please, please move WDW to North Texas.
I wish they would!!! I have heard my entire life that Disney was building another park off of 287 inbetween Rhome and Decatur. My mom called me excited one day. My dad has a cousin that is a realtor in Decatur. My mom had been in her office talking about selling her house and land. They were catching up and talking about the kids and stuff. When she told the cousin that I was obsessed with anything Disney, the cousin told her that she had news that would make me super happy. She said that Disney had been in the area looking at land and such to build another park. My mom looked really confused when I laughed instead of getting really excited. I was like, "silly mom, if Disney was really looking for land to build another park, or even just a resort, they sure wouldn't do it under the Disney name. They would do it like they did with Disney World and use dummie company names, so the land prices wouldn't go up."
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #765
newbie2013
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 99

I can't believe I haven't subbed here yet!
We are going to wdw for the first time January - sometime between 2-9 and staying at aoa
Super excited and nervous all at the same time
newbie2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: