Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 11:53 PM   #751
Bozni
Earning My Ears

We'll be in WDW January 6th through the 12th and we're tentatively staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room. Woot!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:19 AM   #752
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Add me to the list, I just hope I don't jinx myself...

I'm tentatively planning a trip Jan 2-12 for our anniversary. It's possible that I might have to cut it shorter, but for now I'm shooting for the moon. We at least have to be there on Jan 9 for our Be Our Guest ADR. Maybe I'll just fly out there by myself in order to go?

DH seems to be on board, but we're waiting on a few life situations to sort themselves out before we can truly commit to anything.

EDIT: I guess I should add that we're not sure where we're going to stay yet. The goal is the Wilderness Lodge, but if we end up at a moderate I'm hoping for Port Orleans. We'll be booking with a military discount, so I MIGHT be able to convince DH to do something a bit more pricey under the guise that we may never get another 40% off again. A split stay might be on the table.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #753
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozni View Post
We'll be in WDW January 6th through the 12th and we're tentatively staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room. Woot!
& added

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
Add me to the list, I just hope I don't jinx myself...

I'm tentatively planning a trip Jan 2-12 for our anniversary. It's possible that I might have to cut it shorter, but for now I'm shooting for the moon. We at least have to be there on Jan 9 for our Be Our Guest ADR. Maybe I'll just fly out there by myself in order to go?

DH seems to be on board, but we're waiting on a few life situations to sort themselves out before we can truly commit to anything.

EDIT: I guess I should add that we're not sure where we're going to stay yet. The goal is the Wilderness Lodge, but if we end up at a moderate I'm hoping for Port Orleans. We'll be booking with a military discount, so I MIGHT be able to convince DH to do something a bit more pricey under the guise that we may never get another 40% off again. A split stay might be on the table.
& added
Hopefully, you'll be able to meet your WL goal. I have loved it there since our October 2006 stay. I wanted to stay there are our last trip, but the DH wouldn't go for it unless I gave up the DlxDDP. Since we'll have more time to save for the trip, it's on my short list for our June 2013 trip.

Those that are eating at the new BOG restaurant will have to give me all the details after their trips. I would love to eat there when we go next June, but wonder if I want to eat there for lunch or dinner.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #754
3Paige14
Mouseketeer

Guess I might as well join the party.

Going to be at WDW 1/6-1/11 and staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room!

This is going to be my second WDW trip in January. Went in '08 and was freezing most of the week. Hope it's a bit warmer this time around (I love jeans and flips flops weather with a jacket in the morning and evening).
Old 08-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #755
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Paige14 View Post

This is going to be my second WDW trip in January. Went in '08 and was freezing most of the week. Hope it's a bit warmer this time around (I love jeans and flips flops weather with a jacket in the morning and evening).
& added
Hopefully the weather will be just right.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 08-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #756
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Paige14 View Post

I'm hoping for warm weather too, because I want to try the Water Parks for the first time. The weather when we went in 2009 wasn't bad, but I'm not sure it was Water Park worthy.
It was cool in the mornings and the evenings with warmer days, but it probably didn't break 80 degrees all week.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #757
pkf4bucs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceintherain View Post
I'm hoping for warm weather too, because I want to try the Water Parks for the first time. The weather when we went in 2009 wasn't bad, but I'm not sure it was Water Park worthy.
It was cool in the mornings and the evenings with warmer days, but it probably didn't break 80 degrees all week.
I thought they closed the water parks this time of the year for refurbs.
pkf4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #758
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkf4bucs View Post
I thought they closed the water parks this time of the year for refurbs.
They do, but one at a time. Typhoon Lagoon will be closed until Jan 5th and then Blizzard Beach will go down for rehab.

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #759
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

I went late Jan this year and we definitely had water park worthy days! We did pools, Splash and Kali and loved it. However the week before my friends were in gloves/hats so you never know.

We too will add TL (or maybe even Discovery Cove) if it looks like really warm weather.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #760
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

I actually prefer cooler weather (70s are great for me) but I'm hoping to have one good water park day during my January trip too.

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #761
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

I'm definitely hoping for warm weather in January! My brother wants to go to blizzard beach no matter what, so here's hoping January 5th is warm since the next day it closes for rehab and it will be our only shot ( we arrive mid day on the 4th)
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian & Windsor Hills //
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #762
rpbear
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=letthewookiewin;43699195]and no Epcot. We were there a few days longer than you were. We were there October 8-13, 2006, and went to our first MNSSHP. It was a great trip!! We stayed at the WL in a woods view room near the otter pond. We couldn't see the MK, but we could see the fireworks popping through the trees.

I would love to live that close to WDW. I would be there as often as my DH would let me. Now I just need to convince Disney that they want to move all of WDW to North Texas.

Please, please move WDW to North Texas.

It has been too long since the last trip. Adding a ticker finally for my next trip.
rpbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #763
Michelle1125
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I would love to live that close to WDW. I would be there as often as my DH would let me. Now I just need to convince Disney that they want to move all of WDW to North Texas.

I would sign that petition!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #764
letthewookiewin

[QUOTE=rpbear;45974697]
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
and no Epcot. We were there a few days longer than you were. We were there October 8-13, 2006, and went to our first MNSSHP. It was a great trip!! We stayed at the WL in a woods view room near the otter pond. We couldn't see the MK, but we could see the fireworks popping through the trees.

I wish they would!!! I have heard my entire life that Disney was building another park off of 287 inbetween Rhome and Decatur. My mom called me excited one day. My dad has a cousin that is a realtor in Decatur. My mom had been in her office talking about selling her house and land. They were catching up and talking about the kids and stuff. When she told the cousin that I was obsessed with anything Disney, the cousin told her that she had news that would make me super happy. She said that Disney had been in the area looking at land and such to build another park. My mom looked really confused when I laughed instead of getting really excited. I was like, "silly mom, if Disney was really looking for land to build another park, or even just a resort, they sure wouldn't do it under the Disney name. They would do it like they did with Disney World and use dummie company names, so the land prices wouldn't go up."

Old 08-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #765
newbie2013
Mouseketeer

I can't believe I haven't subbed here yet!
We are going to wdw for the first time January - sometime between 2-9 and staying at aoa
Super excited and nervous all at the same time
newbie2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: