Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #721
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore718 View Post
Hey Guys!!! It's been awhile since I checked in here!!! We are getting excited. We are booked in a Nemo Suite at AOA from Jan. 6-13. We are driving for the first time from PA with 3 little girls ages 7,almost 6, and 3 and half at the time. I have booked our ADR's (on July 10 our 180 +10 day). Here is what we have: Dinner at Crystal Palace, Dinner at Via Napoli, Breakfast at Chef Mickey's, Lunch at Sci Fi, Dinner at O'hana, Dinner at T Rex, and dinner at Akershus. Hoping to switch our CP dinner to Be Our Guest. I'll be making every effort to book that one, even if it means midnight when they open the window for it!

My parents are coming for the first 2 days. My cousin gave them DVC points to stay for 2 nights at BWV. I'm jealous but we will love AOA!! Then they are going to spend the rest of the week with my Aunt who lives in FL.

The countdown on my phone says 151 days from today

That's nothing since I've been planning this trip for 2 years.
May I ask what countdown app you are using? Hopefully android???
Old 08-10-2012, 10:22 AM   #722
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Well, it's not the finished product, but it is the first of 7 MHs that will be on the scarf. Also, on this one I took the pink out.

This is the stripe side, with the green MH...

This is the green side with the stripe MH...

It looks like MHs 1, 3, 5, and 7 will be white, light blue, and dark blue like this one. The other should be the offwhite (yellowish color), dark purple, light purple. Once I'm done with this I'm thinking of making some costers to put up on Etsy. My mom has a store on it, and I would just list it with her stuff to see if anyone buys them.
Amazing, if you post anything on etsy please let me know

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #723
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Kim -- I love the designs. Great job, your family will look so cool.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #724
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Kim -- I love the designs. Great job, your family will look so cool.
Thank you. I'm just making one for me. The DH and I will be going without the DSs this trip. Also, I started all over again. I found a pattern for a MH that I like better on a knitting/crochet website.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #725
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin

Thank you. I'm just making one for me. The DH and I will be going without the DSs this trip. Also, I started all over again. I found a pattern for a MH that I like better on a knitting/crochet website.
Too funny, can't wait to see the new one, too!
Old 08-12-2012, 03:24 PM   #726
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Too funny, can't wait to see the new one, too!
I really like the new pattern so much better. I was never totally happy with the other one, but it was the only one that I could find. Here is the new one....
Stripe side, solid MH...

Solid side, stripe MH...

Well now that I have the scarf figure out, I just need to get this trip booked. The money I was supposed to have gotten already is now not coming until early September. I hate waiting that late to book.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 08-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #727
loveshak22
DIS Veteran

I made all our ADRs for our Jan 2013 trip except for paying for the CRT reservation. I haven't actually booked the trip yet until the January special offers are posted...fingers crossed for big discounts right! And I'm waiting for BoG to open up for ADRs which should hopefully be soon
loveshak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #728
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
I made all our ADRs for our Jan 2013 trip except for paying for the CRT reservation. I haven't actually booked the trip yet until the January special offers are posted...fingers crossed for big discounts right! And I'm waiting for BoG to open up for ADRs which should hopefully be soon
Your a genius!! I didn't even think about making ADRs before I book the trip. I know what I'll be doing in the morning.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #729
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshak22 View Post
Is everyone still going with the rumor date of August 28th that we can try to make BOG reservations. I am still up in the air if we might just try QS lunch

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #730
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Is everyone still going with the rumor date of August 28th that we can try to make BOG reservations. I am still up in the air if we might just try QS lunch
That's the last I had heard...but I'm sure Dis, UG and other Disney places will light up when it becomes announced officially!

I'm definitely want to try one time at lunch and maybe 2 times at dinner so I can order different things. When I first read the menu, it all sounded really good!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #731
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay

That's the last I had heard...but I'm sure Dis, UG and other Disney places will light up when it becomes announced officially!

I'm definitely want to try one time at lunch and maybe 2 times at dinner so I can order different things. When I first read the menu, it all sounded really good!
An official menu has yet to be posted, right? I'm assuming that you are referring to the blog write-up about several menu items.

Does anyone know when we will be able to read a full menu? Not until the restaurant opens perhaps?
YC GV- January 2015, GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #732
KayTom
Mouseketeer

Hi all,

My DBf and I are going to Disney World for the first time and our first time abroad together on January 10th, staying til 19th off site.

We are so so excited!

I'm hardly booking any ADR's because we're more play it by ear people, but i did miss tusker house breakfast so i'm hoping i might be able to snatch up a cancellation on the 18th.

Am i correct in thinking that to book the wishes dessert party you can only book 2 months in advance? xx
KayTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #733
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayTom View Post

Am i correct in thinking that to book the wishes dessert party you can only book 2 months in advance? xx
At most. I know last year we weren't able to book the dessert party for our January trip until the 1st week in December. It's pretty random the way they release ADR's for it, not at all like the other restaurants one day at a time, 180 days out. Right now they're only booking out through Oct.

You can watch this thread and you'll be one of the first ones to know when January opens up.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2699362
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #734
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Just heard that's the official date for BOG ADRs will be noon on 8/20 for reservations after 11/19!

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Eventer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #735
Morningstar2807
Earning My Ears

Today marks 5 months until out first Disney trip! The count down can't go by fast enough!

Sent from my VS920 4G using DISBoards

Morningstar2807 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: