Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #706
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by phicara View Post
Hi Everyone!

We're going in January for the first time this year. We'll be at WL from Jan 13-21. We had booked in December, but had to push it back. So, we missed free dining.
BUT, all our ADR's have been made, and even though I'm worried about the weather and marathon weekend, I'm so excited. Our youngest will have just turned 2 and I think he'll enjoy it so much more than he did last year.

Can you add me to the list, please?

Thanks!
to the DIS and to this thread
Hopefully, we will either get really good room only discounts or FD for January.

I had an idea that I have decided makes me a genius. I have figured out a way to get both the January 2013 trip and the Olympics. It means though that Russia will have to wait for a later date, but the 2014 Olympics weren't in the part of the country that I wanted to go to anyway. My plan is to go to WDW in January 2013, just the DH and I. Then in 2016 the DH and I can go to the Olympics in Rio de Janerio, Brazil in 2016. Although I did have the DH really excited about going to the winter Olympics and getting tickets to the event to watch them "skate really fast in circles over and over". That's what the DH calls it, he refuses to call it speed skating. I keep telling him that in exchange for missing the people skating really fast in circles, he could see lots of beautiful Brazilian women in bikinies on the beach.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #707
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I keep telling him that in exchange for missing the people skating really fast in circles, he could see lots of beautiful Brazilian women in bikinies on the beach.
Brilliant!!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #708
MrsMouse74
Earning My Ears

Pin code?

Has anyone received a pin code for 2013? I received about 452 of them for 2012, but of course I am not going in 2012.

Just wondered if anyone had seen them or if anyone might know when they would come out?

Thanks!
1996 Summer Cast member
June 1997 off site
July 2000 Dixie Landings
November 2006 Pop Century
January 2013 Port Orleans Riverside
MrsMouse74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #709
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Hey, Kim! After touring the AoA resort in July, we booked AoA Lion King Suite!! Dates are the same: Jan 13-17.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #710
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Sanaa ressies finally open for January 2013

I am happy to report that I was FINALLY able to make a reservation at Sanaa for January 2013. Now I have all my ADRS set unless I switch them at a later day.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #711
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Brilliant!!
Thank you, I thought so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Hey, Kim! After touring the AoA resort in July, we booked AoA Lion King Suite!! Dates are the same: Jan 13-17.
Gotcha changed.
Well, I had messed up on my MH scarf for the January trip and had to restart. That's what I get for trying to watch the new Conan movie while knitting.
Anyway, I decide to make the stripes wider and I think I like it better anyway. Hopefully, the money we are looking for will come soon and I can get this trip booked. Then the DH and I may get to have a little weekend getaway in September, that is unless the inlaws want to come with us. Then we'll have to take the DS as well. The Navy is commissioning a new ship and it's going to be named after the city of Ft. Worth (that we live right next to, and used to live with in the city limits even though we had a different cities zip code). Anyway, I put in a request for tickets, thinking that there was no way that we would get them. Well the official invite came in the mail yesterday. The only problem is that is in on Saturday September 22 in Galveston 5 1/2 drive without stops and accounting for the nightmare that is Houston traffic. If the inlaws come with us, it'll take even longer b/c they have to stop every 1 1/2 to 2 hours for 15 to 30 minutes b/c of their blood clot history.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 08-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #712
letthewookiewin

I'm going to post this here and on the other January 2013 thread, so I can hopefully get more opinions.....

Well I got distracted while knitting and watching a Disney Parks video on Netflix. I was watching it and thinking about what a great idea it is to do a Key to the Kingdom tour on my actual bday. Well I messed up and am having to start all over again. I could keep going with it, but I'm WAY to OCD to leave a mistake this obvious. Anyway, I'm trying to decide between two different pattern on the MH themselves and was wanting to get some other opinions. Which do y'all think would look more like a MH, the 1st or the 2nd one?

The 1st one, and the one I have been using.....

The 2nd one......

Old 08-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #713
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

Hey Guys!!! It's been awhile since I checked in here!!! We are getting excited. We are booked in a Nemo Suite at AOA from Jan. 6-13. We are driving for the first time from PA with 3 little girls ages 7,almost 6, and 3 and half at the time. I have booked our ADR's (on July 10 our 180 +10 day). Here is what we have: Dinner at Crystal Palace, Dinner at Via Napoli, Breakfast at Chef Mickey's, Lunch at Sci Fi, Dinner at O'hana, Dinner at T Rex, and dinner at Akershus. Hoping to switch our CP dinner to Be Our Guest. I'll be making every effort to book that one, even if it means midnight when they open the window for it!

My parents are coming for the first 2 days. My cousin gave them DVC points to stay for 2 nights at BWV. I'm jealous but we will love AOA!! Then they are going to spend the rest of the week with my Aunt who lives in FL.

The countdown on my phone says 151 days from today

That's nothing since I've been planning this trip for 2 years.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #714
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I'm going to post this here and on the other January 2013 thread, so I can hopefully get more opinions.....

Well I got distracted while knitting and watching a Disney Parks video on Netflix. I was watching it and thinking about what a great idea it is to do a Key to the Kingdom tour on my actual bday. Well I messed up and am having to start all over again. I could keep going with it, but I'm WAY to OCD to leave a mistake this obvious. Anyway, I'm trying to decide between two different pattern on the MH themselves and was wanting to get some other opinions. Which do y'all think would look more like a MH, the 1st or the 2nd one?

The 1st one, and the one I have been using.....

The 2nd one......
I like the 1st one better since there is more separation in the ears.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #715
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I like the 1st one better since there is more separation in the ears.
I like the first one too, please post the finished product.

Old 08-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #716
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoore718 View Post
. We are driving for the first time from PA with 3 little girls ages 7,almost 6, and 3 and half at the time.
I am curious to know what plans you have made so far for your drive down. We have considered trying to drive to WDW from PA but don't think our kids would tolerate the drive. Are you driving straight through or stopping? Any concerns about the weather in January? Please pass along any details on the as they develop. And good luck

Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #717
dmoore718
If you think being a firefighter is tough, try being a firefighter's wife

Sure! DH is a firefighter and used to staying up all night so we plan to leave around 8 pm and drive straight through. Of bad weather is in the forecast then we will leave a day early. We had snowstorms causing flight issues 2 yrs ago so that's why we decided to drive this time. We plan on either doing room only or off site the night we arrive and then check in for our package the next day.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #718
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Is everyone as excited as I am to learn that the new fantasyland areas will officially open on December 6th? I hope that means that any problems will be worked out before any of us arrive in January.

Now I just wonder when they will let us start making BOG reservations.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #719
pkf4bucs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Is everyone as excited as I am to learn that the new fantasyland areas will officially open on December 6th? I hope that means that any problems will be worked out before any of us arrive in January.

Now I just wonder when they will let us start making BOG reservations.
All reports I have read are at the end of the month for ressies at BOG.
pkf4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #720
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
I like the first one too, please post the finished product.
Well, it's not the finished product, but it is the first of 7 MHs that will be on the scarf. Also, on this one I took the pink out.

This is the stripe side, with the green MH...

This is the green side with the stripe MH...

It looks like MHs 1, 3, 5, and 7 will be white, light blue, and dark blue like this one. The other should be the offwhite (yellowish color), dark purple, light purple. Once I'm done with this I'm thinking of making some costers to put up on Etsy. My mom has a store on it, and I would just list it with her stuff to see if anyone buys them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: