Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #676
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
We do the mini m&m tubes too. The kids love doing the pressed pennies, so they'll get a filled container in their Christmas stocking! It really helps keep them from constantly wanting a souvenir in every store. They hunt down the penny machine so they'll don't feel like they're leaving empty handed. That and pin trading saves us a bunch of money!
OOOOOH! Thank you for the great stocking stuffers!!!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #677
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen

OOOOOH! Thank you for the great stocking stuffers!!!
And if you want to try pin trading, you can always get great deals on 'lots' of pins on eBay. I've bought two different sets for the kids-it doesn't matter what pins thy are (as long as they're licensed Disney) because the kids are gonna trade them anyway.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Sept. 2014-POP
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #678
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
For my birthday trip one year we ate at narcossee's. What is your favorite food? I would work around that
It would probably be easier if I were a more picky eater. There are so many things that I love to eat. I had several favorite meals from our June trip. There was the dinner at Le Cellier. I had the Cheddar Cheese soup for the app, and it was as good as I read on the DIS. Then when you dipped the pretzel bread into it......OMG. I had the mushroom filet and it was the best steak I have ever eaten. I got the kids mousse to go, but loved it when I ate it later. The California Grill, but it'll be closed. I had the pork and loved it. Our first dinner was Fulton's Crab House. The red potatoes were amazing!! We had the Ultimate Crab and Lobster Experience. I just wouldn't order that again. We underestimated the yucky value of the lobster tamale. It was the first time that either of us had a whole lobster, once I saw the tamale, I really lost my appetite. I don't know if my DH would eat there again. He wasn't very happy with them, but part of it was our fault for not speaking up. First we got there a little early and there were several big groups waiting. Well these two handsome Italian looking guys walked in. They flirted a little with the women at check in and then told them that they had a party of 8 and wanted to eat dinner, but didn't have a reservation. They said, "oh we can seat you right away." Meanwhile there were at least two parties of the same size, already waiting. Instead of seating the parties already waiting, all together in the restaurant lobby, they seated these two men, that had to call the other members of their party that were at other DTD restaurants trying to find a place they could get in without a long wait. Now the part we could have spoke up about. When they seated us, they put us in a table in the bar area, that was on the outside on the room. It was a table for 4, the seats were barstool style seats, and they are crammed pretty close together. My DH wears about a 6XL t-shirt, and b/c the tables were so close together, no one could sit at the seat at the table right behind him. Then he said that he felt like he had to balance himself on the balls of his feat on part of the stool b/c our feet didn't touch the floor. By the end of the meal, he had cramps in his legs. My DH kept getting embarassed when they tried to seat of party of 4 behind him, and they would refuse b/c they couldn't use all of the seats. We both didn't think the table would work when we were seated, but didn't want to wait any longer. Basically, I love steaks, bacon, chicken, pork, bacon, veggies (I prefer red roasted potatoes over mashed potatoes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
This is a really good idea. I love getting pressed pennies as souvenirs and I was wondering how I was going to collect and store change for my WDW trip.
If your on the FB group, there are a couple of websites that will help you find different pressed penny locations.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #679
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I noticed your location as Brazil. My DH and I played World of Warcraft with several guys from Brazil and am still in touch with one that has talked about how beautiful it is there.

I'm sure the Brazil tour groups is the group mentality. Everyone I have ever met from Brazil has been beyond nice. So when people here would talk about running from them, I was confused. Then again, I would go in the opposite direction of any big group at WDW, no matter where they were from.
I had forgotten that there was such a thing as a location on my profile

It is beautiful here, but I see that mainly when I go to the countryside or to the beach as I live in Sao Paulo, which is a nice but giant metropolis similar in size to New York.

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #680
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

ADR's are made!

I called (since online wouldn't work for me Surprise!) and I had planned on making 3. Then the CM said "is there anywhere else?" And all of the sudden I found myself making other ADR's that I hadn't planned on at all!

What is wrong with me?
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #681
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
ADR's are made!

I called (since online wouldn't work for me Surprise!) and I had planned on making 3. Then the CM said "is there anywhere else?" And all of the sudden I found myself making other ADR's that I hadn't planned on at all!

What is wrong with me?
Awesome!!! So where are you suddenly eating?

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #682
Kristallc
Mouseketeer

somehow I missed this thread
We are booked at POR for Jan 26th - feb 2
My dh, 2 ds, and dd (yes 5 of us stuffed in the room)
hopeing for free dining so we can eat! ha ha
Old 07-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #683
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Awesome!!! So where are you suddenly eating?
Saturday - Plaza for lunch
Sunday - Chef Mickey's for breakfast
Monday - Ohana's for breakfast
Tuesday - Big River Grille for dinner
Wednesday - Via Napoli for lunch

I added both the Big River Grille and Via Napoli at the last second. Big River just looks really good, plus we'll starting our stay at BWV that day. Via Napoli, we had an ADR for last year, but we canceled the day before bc my group is flaky.
I"m sure I'll make changes between now and then, but CM and Ohana's are a sure thing!

Last edited by readytogotodisney; 07-23-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #684
MrsMouse74
Earning My Ears

Wink

My very first post to Disboards!

We are going January 5-11 and obsessed with reading, planning, making lists and the like!
1996 Summer Cast member
June 1997 off site
July 2000 Dixie Landings
November 2006 Pop Century
January 2013 Port Orleans Riverside
MrsMouse74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #685
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMouse74 View Post

We are going January 5-11 and obsessed with reading, planning, making lists and the like!
Welcome! I'm from Indiana as well! Are you as excited to escape the midwest winter as I am this January?
Old 07-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #686
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristallc View Post
somehow I missed this thread
We are booked at POR for Jan 26th - feb 2
My dh, 2 ds, and dd (yes 5 of us stuffed in the room)
hopeing for free dining so we can eat! ha ha
& added. Hopefully, we'll get FD or a really good room only discount. With us going without the kids, the room only might be a better discount for us this time.

Quote:
Saturday - Plaza for lunch
Sunday - Chef Mickey's for breakfast
Monday - Ohana's for breakfast
Tuesday - Big River Grille for dinner
Wednesday - Via Napoli for lunch

I added both the Big River Grille and Via Napoli at the last second. Big River just looks really good, plus we'll starting our stay at BWV that day. Via Napoli, we had an ADR for last year, but we canceled the day before bc my group is flaky.
I"m sure I'll make changes between now and then, but CM and Ohana's are a sure thing!
We love breakfast at Chef Mickey's. Other than Biegarten, Chef Mickey's is the must do of any WDW trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMouse74 View Post

to the DIS and the thread. If you would like to add a resort, let me know and I'll update you.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 07-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #687
chrissya207
Earning My Ears

Going January 6-11 staying at Boardwalk! So excited!
chrissya207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #688
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissya207 View Post
Going January 6-11 staying at Boardwalk! So excited!
to both the thread & the DIS.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #689
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Welcome! I'm from Indiana as well! Are you as excited to escape the midwest winter as I am this January?
I know we are! Wisconsin in January can be brutal!!! We'll wave at you all as we drive thru IN

Old 07-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #690
RFrank9504
DIS Veteran

Just booked our annual January getaway! We are staying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. We stayed there last january and absolutely LOVED it! Its so cozy when its so cold here in january!
We renew our passes in january-so we always stay for 5-7 days and enjoy lighter crowds and cooler weather.
I am so ready to plan!!!! and I love cooking my own food. I am bringing my crock pot this year! bring on the stew.

Palm Beacher
RFrank9504 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: