Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #661
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
& added.
I hope they announce FD for January, but then I don't work for Disney (wish I did). The Pop Century is a really cool resort. We stayed there on our trip this June. I bet where you live is just beautiful!!
Yeah, I believe we will end up going to Pop considering that the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA aren't included in the 2012 FD and probably won't be in the FD for January/February either (I wish they announce it soon. )

I'm not sure where do you think we live, but we're all Brazilians and live in São Paulo, Brazil. (Just so that anybody knows, I run away from the tour groups just as much as any of you and I feel ashamed to be from the same country as most of them!)

My fiancee's grandparents came to Brazil from Italy after WW2 and her family has kept a close connection to her European relatives having gone there on several occasions.

My sister actually lives in Switzerland now, having lived for a time in Versailles, just outside Paris. She even had Annual Passes for DLP! So jealous! I only managed to visit those parks on New Year's Eve 2009/2010 when I was visiting her.

Well, great to be here enjoying all the Pre-Trip excitement of everyone as we plan everything for our trips at the start of the new year!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #662
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
Yeah, I believe we will end up going to Pop considering that the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA aren't included in the 2012 FD and probably won't be in the FD for January/February either (I wish they announce it soon. )

I'm not sure where do you think we live, but we're all Brazilians and live in São Paulo, Brazil. (Just so that anybody knows, I run away from the tour groups just as much as any of you and I feel ashamed to be from the same country as most of them!)

My fiancee's grandparents came to Brazil from Italy after WW2 and her family has kept a close connection to her European relatives having gone there on several occasions.

My sister actually lives in Switzerland now, having lived for a time in Versailles, just outside Paris. She even had Annual Passes for DLP! So jealous! I only managed to visit those parks on New Year's Eve 2009/2010 when I was visiting her.

Well, great to be here enjoying all the Pre-Trip excitement of everyone as we plan everything for our trips at the start of the new year!
I noticed your location as Brazil. My DH and I played World of Warcraft with several guys from Brazil and am still in touch with one that has talked about how beautiful it is there.

I'm sure the Brazil tour groups is the group mentality. Everyone I have ever met from Brazil has been beyond nice. So when people here would talk about running from them, I was confused. Then again, I would go in the opposite direction of any big group at WDW, no matter where they were from.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #663
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Yesterday we got some Mickey Mail. It was a thank you for our recent trip. Also, we got a package from one of DH's old jobs. He hasn't worked there since 2008. He had put money into some kind of retirement or something thing, and since he no longer works there, he can just get the money or roll it into something else. After some convincing, he has decided it would be best to use it to take me to WDW for my birthday. Now to just pick out the resort.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 07-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #664
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin
Yesterday we got some Mickey Mail. It was a thank you for our recent trip. Also, we got a package from one of DH's old jobs. He hasn't worked there since 2008. He had put money into some kind of retirement or something thing, and since he no longer works there, he can just get the money or roll it into something else. After some convincing, he has decided it would be best to use it to take me to WDW for my birthday. Now to just pick out the resort.
Welcome officially to January 2013, so glad you can start planning with us.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #665
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Welcome officially to January 2013, so glad you can start planning with us.
Thank you. I'm glad to be given the go ahead on this trip from the DH, which is the 2nd time he has given me the go ahead on a January 2013 trip. Now I can do more than just update the first page, I can start planning our trip. I have nothing done. I know I want to be at the MK on my bday and that's as far as I have gotten. What do y'all think would be a good birthday dinner.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #666
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Woohoo!! I have no input on a cool birthday dinner since I could happily eat a Dole Whip and be in heaven!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #667
Tallent
Mouseketeer

Count us in!

We'll be at FQ Jan16-22 in part to celebrate dd turning 11 and to close out the chapter of being able to pull her out of school for trips again as she'll be going to middle school next year. This trip will be myself (hi!), dd11 on the trip, and ds7. Hoping dh will be able to make it but he won't know till Dec.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #668
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallent View Post
We'll be at FQ Jan16-22 in part to celebrate dd turning 11 and to close out the chapter of being able to pull her out of school for trips again as she'll be going to middle school next year. This trip will be myself (hi!), dd11 on the trip, and ds7. Hoping dh will be able to make it but he won't know till Dec.
& added

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Woohoo!! I have no input on a cool birthday dinner since I could happily eat a Dole Whip and be in heaven!
Oh, I've already told my DH that as birthday girl (and boss of the trip, so he can't refuse me anything even rides on it's a small world) that I WILL be eating several Dole Whip Floats with Orange soft serve. Luckily, that is the one thing about the trip he is totally in agreement with me on.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #669
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Dole Whips with ORANGE soft serve? oooooh. Now I have to have TWO Dole Whips.

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #670
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Dole Whips with ORANGE soft serve? oooooh. Now I have to have TWO Dole Whips.
It was suggested in either the June thread on the DIS or on the June FB group, I just can't remember which. It was so good!!! My DH was leary of the vanilla-pineapple combo. He was convince that it had milk in the soft serve, and the acid in the pineapple juice would curdle the milk in our tummies. It's not exactly the same, but we've been putting pineapple juice in a blender with a little ice and oranger sherbert. It comes close. The DH wants to add rum to it. We would have this last weekend, but I accidently bought coconut flavored rum. We made pina coladas instead.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #671
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

I bet the coconut rum would be fantastic! I may have to try that concoction this weekend!
And Yay! For getting your DH to agree on the trip! Sure wish those hours would come out so I can plan my days and ADRs.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Oct. 2014-???
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #672
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2PrncChrmgs View Post
I bet the coconut rum would be fantastic! I may have to try that concoction this weekend!
And Yay! For getting your DH to agree on the trip! Sure wish those hours would come out so I can plan my days and ADRs.
It was really good in the pina coladas. In one batch, I even added fresh strawberries.

I actually got one thing accomplished for our trip!! When we went in June, I had mini M&M tubes for laundry quarters, tolls, pressed pennies, and pressed quarters. I have a Mickey piggy bank that I use for spending money. I went through it counted it, and took all the pretty shinney pennies and put them in one of the tubes. Now I just need to find a map of all of the penny and quarter presses in WDW so I can get as many as possible.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #673
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you. I'm glad to be given the go ahead on this trip from the DH, which is the 2nd time he has given me the go ahead on a January 2013 trip. Now I can do more than just update the first page, I can start planning our trip. I have nothing done. I know I want to be at the MK on my bday and that's as far as I have gotten. What do y'all think would be a good birthday dinner.
For my birthday trip one year we ate at narcossee's. What is your favorite food? I would work around that

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:01 AM   #674
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

I actually got one thing accomplished for our trip!! When we went in June, I had mini M&M tubes for laundry quarters, tolls, pressed pennies, and pressed quarters. I have a Mickey piggy bank that I use for spending money. I went through it counted it, and took all the pretty shinney pennies and put them in one of the tubes. Now I just need to find a map of all of the penny and quarter presses in WDW so I can get as many as possible.
This is a really good idea. I love getting pressed pennies as souvenirs and I was wondering how I was going to collect and store change for my WDW trip.
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #675
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It was really good in the pina coladas. In one batch, I even added fresh strawberries.

We do the mini m&m tubes too. The kids love doing the pressed pennies, so they'll get a filled container in their Christmas stocking! It really helps keep them from constantly wanting a souvenir in every store. They hunt down the penny machine so they'll don't feel like they're leaving empty handed. That and pin trading saves us a bunch of money!

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Oct. 2014-???
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: