Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #646
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Hi there!!!! Count us in as well!

My name is Heather and my DH is Bob

This will be our first time time WDW in January. To be honest, I am a little nervous about it. We are new DVC owners and we are taking my mom, dad, brother and sister as a Christmas gift. I just hope that the weather is nice in Jan. I don't want to hear my mom complain that she's on vacation and can't get a tan

rusafee1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #647
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Planning a trip in late january until first weekend of February.

For now we're planning to arrive on January 21st and leave on February 2nd but we haven't booked yet! (hoping for Free Dining! Do you people think it will show up next month like it was revealed this week for the remainder of 2012?) We're planning for a value resort, preferably Art of Animation, but I'd love to stay at Pop Century also as I haven't stayed there before.

This will be my Dear Fiancee's second trip to WDW and her Mother and Brother's first! (They have been to Disneyland Paris, but never to WDW!).

I'm Eduardo by the way!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #648
pkf4bucs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctniners View Post
sorry for asking this but how do we get invited to the facebook page?...Its a private page correct?....thanks a lot
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/D...rathonWeekend/

Just request to be added. They are fairly quick about it.. This is for Marathon weekend though. If thats not that group your looking for you just do the same thing with any other FB disney page.
pkf4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #649
jenniferma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkf4bucs View Post
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/D...rathonWeekend/

Just request to be added. They are fairly quick about it.. This is for Marathon weekend though. If thats not that group your looking for you just do the same thing with any other FB disney page.
does anyone have a link to the regular Jan 2013 page? thanks!

DH42, ME41, DD12, DD10 and DD6

jenniferma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #650
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
does anyone have a link to the regular Jan 2013 page? thanks!
If you mean the FB group, it's a secret group. To get an invite you have to be a friend of a admin. Marshay and I are the two admins for the FB page. We made it secret, so only the people that should be in it could find it.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #651
maman_et_fille
Just a spoonful of sugar . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
If you mean the FB group, it's a secret group. To get an invite you have to be a friend of a admin. Marshay and I are the two admins for the FB page. We made it secret, so only the people that should be in it could find it.
So send one of them a PM on DIS with your FB name (or maybe they already sent you a PM), and then they will friend you on FB and add you to the January group.

June 2009 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge; January 2010 -- Wilderness Lodge; January 2011 -- Contemporary + "Bonus" Days -- Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2011 -- Bay Lake Tower; November 2011 -- Old Key West; January 2012 -- Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House), August 2012 - Disney Magic to Canada; January 2013 -- Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House); January 2014 Saratoga Springs Resort/POP Century; February 2014 --GSC Girls' Weekend at Art of Animation; July 2014 -- 10th Anniversary Trip at Beach Club Villas
maman_et_fille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #652
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctniners View Post
sorry for asking this but how do we get invited to the facebook page?...Its a private page correct?....thanks a lot
If you mean the FB page for the January 2013 group, it's a secret group. To get an invite you'll have to be a friend of an admin. Marshay, the OP of the other January 2013 thread on the DIS, and I are the two admins. We made the group this way, so that only the people that are supposed to be in it can see it. You'll have to send one of us a PM on the DIS with your name on FB. It's easier if you add your city and what your profile pic looks like. If you don't want us on your normal FB, you can always create one just for this trip.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 07-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #653
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post

This will be our first time time WDW in January. To be honest, I am a little nervous about it. We are new DVC owners and we are taking my mom, dad, brother and sister as a Christmas gift. I just hope that the weather is nice in Jan. I don't want to hear my mom complain that she's on vacation and can't get a tan
& added. Well I added you to the undecided, since you didn't post your actual dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
Planning a trip in late january until first weekend of February.

For now we're planning to arrive on January 21st and leave on February 2nd but we haven't booked yet! (hoping for Free Dining! Do you people think it will show up next month like it was revealed this week for the remainder of 2012?) We're planning for a value resort, preferably Art of Animation, but I'd love to stay at Pop Century also as I haven't stayed there before.

This will be my Dear Fiancee's second trip to WDW and her Mother and Brother's first! (They have been to Disneyland Paris, but never to WDW!).

I'm Eduardo by the way!
& added.
I hope they announce FD for January, but then I don't work for Disney (wish I did). The Pop Century is a really cool resort. We stayed there on our trip this June. I bet where you live is just beautiful!!

Old 07-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #654
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Quote:
& added. Well I added you to the undecided, since you didn't post your actual dates.
Thank you!! We will be traveling from Jan 5th - Jan 11th and staying at Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani! It's our home resort, but we have never stayed there before.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone over the next few months!

rusafee1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #655
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183

This is our first time going in January as well and I'm nervous! We're taking my brothers (20 & 24) for the first time since they were kids. One of my brothers wants to go to blizzard beach more than anything so I hope the weather is nice!
May 2011 AKL CL Pixie Dust, Pineapples & Plummits - complete
May 2013 AoA Suite We're Late For a Very Important Date - in progress
2014 off site
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #656
maman_et_fille
Just a spoonful of sugar . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
This is our first time going in January as well and I'm nervous! We're taking my brothers (20 & 24) for the first time since they were kids. One of my brothers wants to go to blizzard beach more than anything so I hope the weather is nice!
Blizzard Beach is closed for its annual rehab as of 1/6, I believe (not sure if I'm allowed to post the allears rehab link or not?). Typhoon Lagoon would be open weather permitting, though. We have been three times in January - you definitely take your chances with the weather. So far we have been okay - layers are a must, but it's nice to not sweat through the days!

June 2009 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge; January 2010 -- Wilderness Lodge; January 2011 -- Contemporary + "Bonus" Days -- Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2011 -- Bay Lake Tower; November 2011 -- Old Key West; January 2012 -- Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House), August 2012 - Disney Magic to Canada; January 2013 -- Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House); January 2014 Saratoga Springs Resort/POP Century; February 2014 --GSC Girls' Weekend at Art of Animation; July 2014 -- 10th Anniversary Trip at Beach Club Villas
maman_et_fille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #657
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
I'd definitely skip the water parks too. We always swim when we go (nearly every January for the past 15 years), but it's only for about an hour, and that's with the sun shining right on you. As soon as you get in the shade it's a little chilly to be hanging out in your swimming suit in my opinion.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #658
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
I'm not sure, I don't have any inside information at all, but I think it makes total sense.
1) they've already tested it out but haven't made any announcements on rolling it out. I don't see them doing the nextgen rollout during the opening of the FLE, which isn't that far away.
2) It's supposed to be in unison of the roll out of the RFIP bracelets and the door locks are already in the process of being changed out.
If and when this happens, do you think it's going to be a mad scramble for people to do it? Will there be little impact to those of us going in the "off season"? I know no one has the answers, but maybe some speculation? I just don't know how I feel about it. Will it be a good thing or a bad thing? There are probably a million posts on the disboard about it, but thought maybe I could get some info here with this quaint little group.
eeyoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #659
ctniners
Earning My Ears

Quote:
If you mean the FB page for the January 2013 group, it's a secret group. To get an invite you'll have to be a friend of an admin. Marshay, the OP of the other January 2013 thread on the DIS, and I are the two admins. We made the group this way, so that only the people that are supposed to be in it can see it. You'll have to send one of us a PM on the DIS with your name on FB. It's easier if you add your city and what your profile pic looks like. If you don't want us on your normal FB, you can always create one just for this trip.

Hello..just sent you a PM for the FB group...thanks
Old 07-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #660
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoreland View Post
If and when this happens, do you think it's going to be a mad scramble for people to do it? Will there be little impact to those of us going in the "off season"? I know no one has the answers, but maybe some speculation? I just don't know how I feel about it. Will it be a good thing or a bad thing? There are probably a million posts on the disboard about it, but thought maybe I could get some info here with this quaint little group.
I don't have any idea myself. For our family I can't see why you would want to schedule your entire trip, down to which rides at what times. We like flexibility, I may plan which park each day, but it's just an idea so we know where the crowds are supposed to be, but we'll easily change that plan on a daily basis. I can see us using the system to schedule one big ride in each park. Maybe Soarin' in Epcot on a day I KNEW we'd be going to Epcot, or TSM on our HS day, but not much more then that.

I think the big question will be how far in advance you'll be able to pick your times. It'd be nice if you could do it just days ahead instead of months out.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: