Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #46
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

So how is everyone's planning going?

I haven't gotten very far yet. Life is crazy around our house. We moved in last year with my in laws b/c my mil had blood clots in both lungs. Well after two weeks of breathing problems (he had to use my mil's oxygen while at home and sleeping), my fil finally went to the ER. He didn't go for the breathing issues, but b/c he had an allergic reaction to something and he tongue was swelling very badly and his throat was closing up. Well we found out last night that he has blood clots in both his lungs as well. My fil runs an appliance repair company that both my DH and bil work for. With my mil and fil at the hospital my DH and I have had to pick up the running of the company.

I did sign up for Touring Plans, but haven't had time to look at the site. I know that we are spending out DS's bday at Epcot and mine at the MK.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #47
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,434

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
So how is everyone's planning going?

I'll start planning after we get back from our WDW -- we leave in 2 days!!!!

But our idea for Jan 2013 is

4 nights - Value, maybe Pop Century since we haven't tried that
3 nights - Disney DREAM cruise
2 nights - BLT 1br

Our plan is to concentrate mostly on MK and the new FLE.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #48
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
So how is everyone's planning going?

I haven't gotten very far yet. Life is crazy around our house. We moved in last year with my in laws b/c my mil had blood clots in both lungs. Well after two weeks of breathing problems (he had to use my mil's oxygen while at home and sleeping), my fil finally went to the ER. He didn't go for the breathing issues, but b/c he had an allergic reaction to something and he tongue was swelling very badly and his throat was closing up. Well we found out last night that he has blood clots in both his lungs as well. My fil runs an appliance repair company that both my DH and bil work for. With my mil and fil at the hospital my DH and I have had to pick up the running of the company.

I did sign up for Touring Plans, but haven't had time to look at the site. I know that we are spending out DS's bday at Epcot and mine at the MK.
I'm sorry to hear about your inlaws

As far as planning goes, this is what I know as of now:

Two rooms at POP, or 2 LM rooms at AOA, I have to think hard on that one seeing as I have 2 boys and 2 girls. The sleeping arrangements in the suites just won't work for us, this I know, so it's 2 rooms wherever we go

Definitely taking youngest DD to Ashkerhaus, the older two have said in the past that whenever we go, its all about the 2 youngest. Probably do CP and another character meal.

We'll do 2 MK days, a full day each at Epcot and HS, and then AK on our last day before we head home.

Not sure if I'm going to take DD to BBB for hair and nails or just do it myself for her princess dinner, still thinking on that one.

Depending on oldest DS's exam schedule, we might leave a day earlier, if we do then I'll have a down day in there and just hang around and bum.

I think thats about it so far, I've been browsing all the menus, youngest DS has food aversions so I have to make sure there is stuff for him to eat wherever we go.

Love Love Love Planning!!!
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #49
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I'll start planning after we get back from our WDW -- we leave in 2 days!!!!

So jealous!!! LOL! Have a wonderful time!!
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #50
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I'll start planning after we get back from our WDW -- we leave in 2 days!!!!

But our idea for Jan 2013 is

4 nights - Value, maybe Pop Century since we haven't tried that
3 nights - Disney DREAM cruise
2 nights - BLT 1br

Our plan is to concentrate mostly on MK and the new FLE.
Have a magical trip!! Come back and tell us all about it. It'll help me get in the planning mood.

Sounds like a good plan so far. I would love to do a Disney cruise. Maybe when I graduate, we can do a land/sea trip for a graduation present.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your inlaws

As far as planning goes, this is what I know as of now:

Two rooms at POP, or 2 LM rooms at AOA, I have to think hard on that one seeing as I have 2 boys and 2 girls. The sleeping arrangements in the suites just won't work for us, this I know, so it's 2 rooms wherever we go

Definitely taking youngest DD to Ashkerhaus, the older two have said in the past that whenever we go, its all about the 2 youngest. Probably do CP and another character meal.

We'll do 2 MK days, a full day each at Epcot and HS, and then AK on our last day before we head home.

Not sure if I'm going to take DD to BBB for hair and nails or just do it myself for her princess dinner, still thinking on that one.

Depending on oldest DS's exam schedule, we might leave a day earlier, if we do then I'll have a down day in there and just hang around and bum.

I think thats about it so far, I've been browsing all the menus, youngest DS has food aversions so I have to make sure there is stuff for him to eat wherever we go.

Love Love Love Planning!!!
Thank you.

Have you thought about the cabins at FW? They sleep 6. The bedroom has a double bed and a set of bunk beds. Then in the living room, there is a pull down double bed. The down side is there is only one bathroom and you might not want to do that with that many people. It's not as much of a big deal with our family b/c we're just a family of 4.

That is so sweet that the older two are willing to go where ever for the youner two. Looks like y'all are doing a great job.

I do know that we are going to be there a minimum of 6 days. I want to do the MK for 2 days, Epcot for 2 days, AK for 1 day, and then DHS 1/2 a day. How much time we spend at AK will really depend on the weather. If it's too cold, we'll more than likely skip all of the animals. Then we'll just do EE, ITtbaB, and Dinosaur. I do want to eat lunch at Yak & Yeti, though. Our last day at WDW will either be the 10th (my bday) or the 11th. If it is the 10th, we'll drive our mini van to the T&TC that morning and then check into an Orlando hotel that night before starting the drive home the next day. If we check out on the 11th, we will go to one last park. Eat lunch and then head home after lunch.

Also, I need to plan our route, since we are driving. I did download a new app for my iPhone for our trip. It's called Road Ninja and it tells you what is coming up at the next exit. Things like hotels, gas, and food I know it shows for sure.

Then when it get closer to the trip, depending on the budget, I can hopefully plan for things like a stop at the Kennedy Space Center. We took our DSs to the LBJ one in Houston and they loved it.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #51
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
So how is everyone's planning going?

I haven't gotten very far yet. Life is crazy around our house. We moved in last year with my in laws b/c my mil had blood clots in both lungs. Well after two weeks of breathing problems (he had to use my mil's oxygen while at home and sleeping), my fil finally went to the ER. He didn't go for the breathing issues, but b/c he had an allergic reaction to something and he tongue was swelling very badly and his throat was closing up. Well we found out last night that he has blood clots in both his lungs as well. My fil runs an appliance repair company that both my DH and bil work for. With my mil and fil at the hospital my DH and I have had to pick up the running of the company.

I did sign up for Touring Plans, but haven't had time to look at the site. I know that we are spending out DS's bday at Epcot and mine at the MK.
Sorry your year is having a rough start.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I'll start planning after we get back from our WDW -- we leave in 2 days!!!!
Have a great time!!

I *think* I have narrowed it down to Pop and the Cabins, with the lead going to 2 rooms at Pop. I like the idea of being close to everything and I really like the excitement at the values, it feels really young to me, and I like to feel young And the cabins have all double beds and DH and I are not little people and are used to our King. I now look at the Pop pics about once a day.. have to keep amping the kids up

As far as days there are a few different things I am thinking of. I already have 5 days park hoppers from NE tickets we bought in 09. So if we get free dining we will buy two days, so we will do a full day at AK, MK and a hop from Epcot/DHS day. If we buy the DDP (which seems to be making less and less sense the more I price out food for us) we would buy one day which would give us 1 full day at MK, hop Ak/DHS and ?/Epcot. If we don't buy any tickets we will either hop for two or three days. I won't really nail that down until we know if there is free dining. I really, really want free dining

We know we are driving both ways so that part is set in stone. You know, unless we win the OMDD a girl can dream....

DD - 13 said to me yesterday "Well I know we have two years ( ) but I miss having countdown parties, think we can do them even though we still have so much time before we go?" Oh yes, yes we can... I wasn't going to do any because we are trying to surprise them and they think we have two years left but since it was Sapphire's idea how could I not indulge I love countdown parties. Now I get to plan those too
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #52
ImaDVCwannabe
Mouseketeer
 
ImaDVCwannabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 151

Well since I am slightly crazy and been planning this dream trip since before the birth of my last two kiddos I have lots of ideas.

ADR's we are thinking about: Crystal Palace, Akershus, 50's, Whispering Canyon, Ohana's, Beaches and Cream (mostly for the kitchen sink) Planet Hollywood, Donald's Safari Breakfast and Boma.

Originally I said we would either be staying at ASMo or AoA however if we can swing it I would love to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. My girls love the Princess and the Frog movie and now some of the rooms have been renovated to look like that so we are looking into it. If free dining is offered we may go for it.

As of right now we plan to spend 2 days at both MK and AK. Our girls love animals and my oldest loves all things fossils and Dinosaurs. We will also spend a day at both DHS and Epcot. We will also have a DTD/downday to see the Beach Club resort (my dream resort) and maybe hang out at our resort and swim if its warm enough.

I'm sure over the next few months may of these things will change but this is our plan of attack right now
__________________
Me Lydia DH Joel DD9 Emma DD5 Jillian DS2 Noah



Disney World Honeymoon Pop Jan 2008
ImaDVCwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #53
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Have you thought about the cabins at FW? They sleep 6. The bedroom has a double bed and a set of bunk beds. Then in the living room, there is a pull down double bed. The down side is there is only one bathroom and you might not want to do that with that many people. It's not as much of a big deal with our family b/c we're just a family of 4.
I did, but my DS is 6'4" and I'm 6', the two middles could sleep in the bunks, but my DS would have to have a bed to himself, and there is no way me, DH and my youngest would fit in a double bed! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post



How much time we spend at AK will really depend on the weather. If it's too cold, we'll more than likely skip all of the animals. Then we'll just do EE, ITtbaB, and Dinosaur.
That's how I'm looking at AK as well
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #54
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

I hit the one year mark!!!!
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #55
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
I hit the one year mark!!!!
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #56
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
Sorry your year is having a rough start.
I *think* I have narrowed it down to Pop and the Cabins, with the lead going to 2 rooms at Pop. I like the idea of being close to everything and I really like the excitement at the values, it feels really young to me, and I like to feel young And the cabins have all double beds and DH and I are not little people and are used to our King. I now look at the Pop pics about once a day.. have to keep amping the kids up

As far as days there are a few different things I am thinking of. I already have 5 days park hoppers from NE tickets we bought in 09. So if we get free dining we will buy two days, so we will do a full day at AK, MK and a hop from Epcot/DHS day. If we buy the DDP (which seems to be making less and less sense the more I price out food for us) we would buy one day which would give us 1 full day at MK, hop Ak/DHS and ?/Epcot. If we don't buy any tickets we will either hop for two or three days. I won't really nail that down until we know if there is free dining. I really, really want free dining

We know we are driving both ways so that part is set in stone. You know, unless we win the OMDD a girl can dream....

DD - 13 said to me yesterday "Well I know we have two years ( ) but I miss having countdown parties, think we can do them even though we still have so much time before we go?" Oh yes, yes we can... I wasn't going to do any because we are trying to surprise them and they think we have two years left but since it was Sapphire's idea how could I not indulge I love countdown parties. Now I get to plan those too
Thanks I just keep telling my DH that his family is getting all the bad stuff over at the beginning of the year.

We're driving as well. This will be the furthest we have driven with our DSs. I think the farthest I have driven with them, was to Gulf Port/ Biloxi or Calsbad Caverns, NM. Hopefully since they will be 15 & 14 and will have iPod touches and a DVD player in the mini van, it won't be too bad with them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaDVCwannabe View Post
Well since I am slightly crazy and been planning this dream trip since before the birth of my last two kiddos I have lots of ideas.

ADR's we are thinking about: Crystal Palace, Akershus, 50's, Whispering Canyon, Ohana's, Beaches and Cream (mostly for the kitchen sink) Planet Hollywood, Donald's Safari Breakfast and Boma.

Originally I said we would either be staying at ASMo or AoA however if we can swing it I would love to stay at Port Orleans Riverside. My girls love the Princess and the Frog movie and now some of the rooms have been renovated to look like that so we are looking into it. If free dining is offered we may go for it.

As of right now we plan to spend 2 days at both MK and AK. Our girls love animals and my oldest loves all things fossils and Dinosaurs. We will also spend a day at both DHS and Epcot. We will also have a DTD/downday to see the Beach Club resort (my dream resort) and maybe hang out at our resort and swim if its warm enough.

I'm sure over the next few months may of these things will change but this is our plan of attack right now
You're not crazy at all. I was put in the hospital when I was 31 weeks pregnant with our oldest DS. My blood pressure was up really really high and we were told that if they couldn't get it down my kidnies would fail and my baby and myself could die. While I was in the hospital, I kept telling my DH that I would be just fine. I hadn't taken our DS to WDW yet, and I was way too stubborn to die before I got to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
I did, but my DS is 6'4" and I'm 6', the two middles could sleep in the bunks, but my DS would have to have a bed to himself, and there is no way me, DH and my youngest would fit in a double bed! LOL



That's how I'm looking at AK as well
I don't have to worry about being too tall. I say that I am gnome sized. I tell people that I am 5'5", but I'm probably closer to 5'2-5'3"-ish. My DH is only 5'10". I think our oldest DS is going to take after my 6'2" tall dad. He's 14 and 5'10".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
I hit the one year mark!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

After I pick up my nephew from school, I'm going to do some research on Touring Plans. Then I am going to start on my first ADR draft.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Last edited by letthewookiewin; 01-17-2012 at 03:06 PM.
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:17 PM   #57
MrsDrewsky
DIS Veteran
 
MrsDrewsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
& added.

I would love to get a good enough discount (and save enough money) between now and our trip to get to stay at the WL. We stayed there on our last trip and I totally fell in love. I know my DH has is heart set on the FWC, but it's my birthday so if I can fit it in the budget so be it.

How long have y'all been married? I would love to do a renewal at WDW. My DH and I have been married 16 1/2 years and we met at the MK.
Thank you so much for your welcome. We haven't been married very long, it will only have been 1 1/2 years when we have our VR. Originally we planned to get married and have our wedding at WL, but then I slipped my disc and damaged my sciatic nerve so I couldn't really "walk down the aisle". We decided to wait until I was all fixed up and done with physical therapy for the wedding, and so we just eloped last summer.

That is so magical that you met at the MK. Congratulations on 16 1/2 years I really think that a love for Disney helps keep the "magic" in the marriage!
__________________
MrsDrewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #58
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,434

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
So jealous!!! LOL! Have a wonderful time!!
Thanks! I'm so very excited!!

[QUOTE=letthewookiewin;43763126]Have a magical trip!! Come back and tell us all about it. It'll help me get in the planning mood.

Sounds like a good plan so far. I would love to do a Disney cruise. Maybe when I graduate, we can do a land/sea trip for a graduation present.


I'll give you all any pointers I learn from our January trip!!

yeah, this is our first Disney cruise -- can't wait since I've only heard positive things.


Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
Have a great time!!

We know we are driving both ways so that part is set in stone. You know, unless we win the OMDD a girl can dream....
Thanks!

We can definitely dream about winning OMDD!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
I did, but my DS is 6'4" and I'm 6', the two middles could sleep in the bunks, but my DS would have to have a bed to himself, and there is no way me, DH and my youngest would fit in a double bed! LOL
You all sound like my family. I'm 6' tall too and my DH is 6'6" so those double beds just kill us!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #59
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,954

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDrewsky View Post
Thank you so much for your welcome. We haven't been married very long, it will only have been 1 1/2 years when we have our VR. Originally we planned to get married and have our wedding at WL, but then I slipped my disc and damaged my sciatic nerve so I couldn't really "walk down the aisle". We decided to wait until I was all fixed up and done with physical therapy for the wedding, and so we just eloped last summer.

That is so magical that you met at the MK. Congratulations on 16 1/2 years I really think that a love for Disney helps keep the "magic" in the marriage!
I'm so sorry that happened before y'all were married. I bet it will make the VR at WL even more magical.

The funny thing is, that we had so many chances to meet before we met at the MK. The high schools that we went to, played each other in football. When I saw his hat for his high school football team, I talked to him. He remembered seeing me talk to my cousin, who went to the same high school as my DH, at several band competitions. It took us going to WDW to meet.


[QUOTE=Marshay;43767528]Thanks! I'm so very excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Have a magical trip!! Come back and tell us all about it. It'll help me get in the planning mood.

Sounds like a good plan so far. I would love to do a Disney cruise. Maybe when I graduate, we can do a land/sea trip for a graduation present.


I'll give you all any pointers I learn from our January trip!!

yeah, this is our first Disney cruise -- can't wait since I've only heard positive things.
Just be prepared to have us pick your brain.

I used to work at a day care and a few months before our last WDW trip, this one family went on a WDW cruise. They loved it and told me that I really needed to take our boys.

ugh, I'm just so annoyed with the online Disney store. So, when I was in high school I had this amazing teacher. In fact when he retired, I went back for his retirement party. He suggested that in order to keep you from spending at a mall, that you leave your credit cards and money in the trunk of your car. Then if you see something you want, if you are willing to walk all the way back to your car, then it's something you really need/want. Well what I do with the credit card/banking card that I have on file with the on line Disney store, it's attached to a bank account. There is never much money in the account, unless I add money to it. Then if I want to buy something, if I'm willing to drive the about 40 minute round trip, then I know it's something I really really want. My sil and bil bought me a Mickey cover for my iPhone for Christmas, but it was for a 3G instead of the 4 that I have. I tried to return it to the store, but they only carried the 3G ones in the store. They gave me a card with the amount on it and a thing to get free shipping, and then a gift card for my birthday. I got on the on line store and customized one, and tried to pay with the gift certificates that I had. Well it tried to charge my cc. When I called customer service they said that it was company policy that if you were paying with a Disney gift certificate on line, to charge your cc, and then refund the cc when they shipped your item. Ummm, no your not charging my cc, so you can just cancel that. I'll just keep my plain 'ol black Otterbox. Oh well, I guess that's about $60 that can go into the WDW spending money fund.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11 I've been BOO'ed by pigletgirl!!
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #60
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!
 
Marshay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 13,434

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
When I called customer service they said that it was company policy that if you were paying with a Disney gift certificate on line, to charge your cc, and then refund the cc when they shipped your item. Ummm, no your not charging my cc, so you can just cancel that. I'll just keep my plain 'ol black Otterbox. Oh well, I guess that's about $60 that can go into the WDW spending money fund.
Wow, really?? That doesn't make sense at all? At a minimum they should just give you a new gc in the same amount to use.

I'd be mad, too!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: