Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #436
dvcmbr94
Mouseketeer

I'd like to join this group. My hubby and I will be at the World for our 10th anniversary from 1/19 through 1/25 or 1/26. Currently booked at SSR through the 26th. But when the 7 month DVC window opens for us, we may switch resorts and come home a day earlier. I may have a business conflict on the 26th but won't know for sure until September.

I'll be sending a PM for the info for the FB group too. Look forward to hanging with all of you during the wait over the next few months!

DVC since 1994

dvcmbr94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:51 PM   #437
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcmbr94 View Post
I'd like to join this group. My hubby and I will be at the World for our 10th anniversary from 1/19 through 1/25 or 1/26. Currently booked at SSR through the 26th. But when the 7 month DVC window opens for us, we may switch resorts and come home a day earlier. I may have a business conflict on the 26th but won't know for sure until September.

I'll be sending a PM for the info for the FB group too. Look forward to hanging with all of you during the wait over the next few months!

& added Just let me know if you want to make any changes.

Happy Early 10th Wedding Anniversary!!!

We toured SSR on our last trip, and I really liked it.

I'll go check the PM and send you a request on FB to put you into the group.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #438
Morningstar2807
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=letthewookiewin;44686415]Gotcha updated

& added. Just let me know if you ever need to make any changes. I've been so wrapped up in making the pattern for this scarf, that I missed your post for a few days.

Its no biggie, I understand. The scarf is looking good! Can't wait to see it when its finished!

Morningstar2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #439
dvcmbr94
Mouseketeer

Thanks for kind welcome. We are planning to do a different type of trip this time - no parks!! Not sure if we can really do that but I've just begun the planning. We always do lots of resort hopping so that will take a lot of time. I've done the Segway Tour at Epcot, but if DH can get down to the weight limit, I'd like to do the one at Fort Wilderness. We also are thinking mini golf, parasailing, rent a boat, rent bikes, tea at Grand Floridian, Luau, Mickey's BBQ, Jelly Rolls, a pub crawl through the resorts, bowling at DTD and a movie or two. Sounds like a busy week without hitting the parks at all.

I'd love to know if any of you have ever done a trip without parks and if you have any suggestions for other activities. As you can tell, my kids are grown so it's just the two of us.

DVC since 1994

dvcmbr94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #440
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningstar2807 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Gotcha updated

& added. Just let me know if you ever need to make any changes. I've been so wrapped up in making the pattern for this scarf, that I missed your post for a few days.

Its no biggie, I understand. The scarf is looking good! Can't wait to see it when its finished!
Thank you!! I got the actual yarn the other day and all I've been doing is working on the pattern. Here is the yarn colors:

The green is going to be the solid side.

Quote:
Thanks for kind welcome. We are planning to do a different type of trip this time - no parks!! Not sure if we can really do that but I've just begun the planning. We always do lots of resort hopping so that will take a lot of time. I've done the Segway Tour at Epcot, but if DH can get down to the weight limit, I'd like to do the one at Fort Wilderness. We also are thinking mini golf, parasailing, rent a boat, rent bikes, tea at Grand Floridian, Luau, Mickey's BBQ, Jelly Rolls, a pub crawl through the resorts, bowling at DTD and a movie or two. Sounds like a busy week without hitting the parks at all.

I'd love to know if any of you have ever done a trip without parks and if you have any suggestions for other activities. As you can tell, my kids are grown so it's just the two of us.
That still sounds like a great trip. I just don't think I could do one, right now, without doing the parks. I probably could if we got to WDW more often.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #441
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:

Yep, DH and I did a no-parks trip when we stayed at AKL in November about 10 years ago. It was one of our favorite trips, surprisingly!

We slept in, walked around the resort (AKL is great to do that at with all the animals and decorations in the lobby areas), used the pool a lot, and did lots of shopping.

We explored DTD a lot, ate a restaurants and lingered for drinks or dessert which was nice since we didn't have to rush to get back to the parks for parades/rides.

We went over to GF and ate at Narcoosee, watched EWP and Wishes. One day we just explored GF, Poly and Contemporary while taking the monorail around to each resort. Then we went to TTC and got on the monorail to Epcot and just didn't get off. (so we could say we WERE in Epcot, albeit for just 1 minute!).

We did take the Segway tour at FW and loved it too! (althougth that was a different trip).

Other great things to do: balloon ride at DTD, explore the next resort you'd like to stay at, do a DVC tour if that's an interest at all, DisneyQuest, taking the smaller boats to WL/Poly/CR/GF just for the boat ride (once again, you don't have to get off), or over at BC/YC you can do the same. Explore Boardwalk, rent bikes at favorite resort (or one of those surrey ones over at Boardwalk), movie nights at the various resorts, etc.

As you said, you'll find so much to do outside the parks, you won't really miss the rides/shows!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #442
Disneyhayes
DIS Veteran

Was invited over to this thread. We are going in January again. We went 09/11 and then in 01/12. I just don't think I could talk my husband into 2 trips again that close. We are going to be taking out niece this trip too. It's going to be her first trip to WDW. I tried to talk her mom into going with me and my youngest but she's pregnant and the baby will only be 4 months at that time. We are going to be staying at AoA or POFQ. Haven't decided. It will probably come down to cost where as it should come down to space.

Sept 2011 - ASMo - MNSSHP**Jan 2012 - POP**Nov 2013 POP
Disneyhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #443
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhayes View Post
Was invited over to this thread. We are going in January again. We went 09/11 and then in 01/12. I just don't think I could talk my husband into 2 trips again that close. We are going to be taking out niece this trip too. It's going to be her first trip to WDW. I tried to talk her mom into going with me and my youngest but she's pregnant and the baby will only be 4 months at that time. We are going to be staying at AoA or POFQ. Haven't decided. It will probably come down to cost where as it should come down to space.
& added

I didn't notice dates, but that could be from being super tired. I spent 9 hours today driving my in laws around DFW trying to get him a MRI. I even went to the Dallas Cowboys hq to get him one done. Yeah, they need to pay more attention to their loby. One couch had a used snotty tissue on it and there was a cup of half drank coffee on a table left by someone.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #444
Morningstar2807
Earning My Ears

Talking

Can some please help me if we get to WDW on the 12th of January when can I start booking our ADRs? And can you guys recommend some good places to eat at in each park? Not looking for fancy or anything its going to be DH, DD5 and me. And what times are good if you plan on trying to watch the parades and night shows? I am a first timer at this, so I need all the help I can get! Thank you in advance!

Morningstar2807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #445
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Can some please help me if we get to WDW on the 12th of January when can I start booking our ADRs? And can you guys recommend some good places to eat at in each park? Not looking for fancy or anything its going to be DH, DD5 and me. And what times are good if you plan on trying to watch the parades and night shows? I am a first timer at this, so I need all the help I can get! Thank you in advance!
You can make your ADRs on 7/16/2012. Here is a link to the ADR calculator here on the DIS. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...dispscalc.html

At Epcot a must do for our family is Biergarten. For DHS we enjoyed the Sci-Fi Drive-In. At CR we like Chef Mickey's and at the Poly we like the character breakfast. We haven't done a lot of places. I know we've eaten at CS, but none of them stand out enough for me to remember the names. This June, we are eating at a lot of TS since we'll be on the DlxDDP.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #446
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're a mostly QS family but I do like Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom, it's a buffet with Pooh characters. We've only done breakfast here, and if you can get an ADR for BEFORE park opening you can get some great shots with your family on a nearly empty mainstreet!

In Epcot I have always wanted to try Garden Grill, and La Hacienda. But I've had Nine Dragons (Chinese) and La Cantina De San Angel which were both good. We mostly do QS in Epcot.

And for HS and AK we've only do QS now, but the new menu at Mama Melrose at HS looks really good! We have done 50's Prime Time and Sci-fi and never one were all that impressive to us. They weren't bad, but they also weren't anything special to bring us back.

As for times to eat around parades/fireworks, in MK the fireworks are usually at 8pm, Mainstreet Electrical Parade is usually at 7pm (but not every night), Magic Memories and You is 15 min before the fireworks. And daytime parade is at 3pm.
In Epcot Illuminations is always at 9pm, and there is no parade.
In AK the only parade here is at 3:45pm
In HS the only parade is at 3pm, and if they have Fantasmic it's usually at 6:30 and sometimes 8pm.

But check the January calender when it comes out, because the evening parades/fireworks for MK does change depending on when you'll be there. The January TA calender will probably be out mid June.

I would plan on being done with any meal about 45 minutes before the parades/fireworks start so you can get a good spot and you're not rushed. And most TS meals take about an hour, maybe 1.5 hours if you're doing a character meal.

HTH!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #447
miss_nik_nik
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
We're a mostly QS family but I do like Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom, it's a buffet with Pooh characters. We've only done breakfast here, and if you can get an ADR for BEFORE park opening you can get some great shots with your family on a nearly empty mainstreet!

HTH!
For this trip, I want to try and get a crystal palace reservation before the park opens, but we will be relying on Disney busses to get us there. Any tips? It just makes me nervous that we will miss the reservation

Last time we did a keys to the kingdom tour. Waited for a bus 90 minutes in advance and ended up running to meet to check in. I wish each bus stop had a board that showed you when the next bus would be arriving. I know the buses have gps tracking on them, so it would just be taking it one step further and would put my mind at ease. Btw we were staying at CBR and will probably staying there again in jan
miss_nik_nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #448
pkf4bucs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Here are a few of the places we have enjoyed while at Disney.....

MK: Caseys Corner (QS): its has dogs and the fixings
Pinnochio Village Haus: (QS) burger, pizza etc.
Tortuga Tavern: (QS) mexican. If you can catch it open

HS: 50's prime time (TS) good southern flair food, fried chicken, pot roast, meatloaf etc
Backlot express (QS) burgers and such

EPCOT: Coral Reef: (TS) steaks and seafood. Nice atmosphere
Akershus in Norway: (TS) ate here for breakfast. Had the princesses and the food was good.
Teppan Edo in Japan: (TS) Hibachi style
Le Cellier in Canada: (TS) steak place. heard they went to 2 credits though.
Lotus Blossom in China: (QS) chinese....duh!
Boulangerie Patisserie in France: pastries, GREAT snacks (a must EVERYTIME we are there)

Ft Wilderness: Hoop-Dee-Doo. BBQ with a great show. 2 credits

Wilderness Lodge: (TS) Whispering Canyon...... BBQ, steaks, etc. Alot of kid interaction. Ask for ketchup

Coronado: Peppertree Market: (QS) you can get a ribeye dinner for only a quick service credit. There are other stations as well. We go here for lunch alot while at disney. Just get it to go to avoid the 10% upcharge. You can eat outside on the tables.

There are alot of other places we have been but these are the ones that stick out the most for use. I am hoping to get Ohana's in Jan. as we havent tried that place yet.

Last edited by pkf4bucs; 05-01-2012 at 01:19 PM.
pkf4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #449
PixieTrio
Earning My Ears

2013 Rates & Reservations

Does anyone know when the rates for the following year are available and how soon reservations can begin to be made?
PixieTrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #450
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieTrio View Post
Does anyone know when the rates for the following year are available and how soon reservations can begin to be made?
I think with in the next couple of months. Hopefully before our 180 day out comes up to make ADRs.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: