Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #361
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

We are all one day closer to our trips!
WOOOO HOOOO!!!
We're not only a day closer to our January trip, but a day closer to our June trip. If things go as planned, we'll be leaving our driveway in 50 days and 53 days until the surprise check in at the Pop Century!!!! Honestly, I stay up every day until just after midnight, so I can see the countdown on my iPhone go down one day. Well actually I usually lay in bed until as late as 2 AM listening to my "night-night" music (soundtrack from the movie Queen of the Danged, don't think I can use real last word) and playing Solitaire on my iPhone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
We've talked about a vow renewal at wdw but then I price it out and decide not to. Maybe for a really big anniversary.

14 days sounds awesome!!!!
I would love to do one for a big anniversary. I would love to do it for our 25 th anniversary b/c that will be in 2020. If (when) we do it, it'll be the smallest package. My DH could just wear shorts and a green Polo and I could wear a simple sun dress. Maybe by then, both DS will be old enough to eat at V&A's and we can eat there after at the Chef's Table.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #362
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Think we may head to Pass A Grille Beach before we head to WDW. Friends in Tampa recommended it so we're checking it out. It's just for one day of beachcombing since the girls have never seen the ocean - ANY ocean!! So now I'm all excited about that.
We also found a good hotel for our way down - in Elizabethtown KY. We should get there around midnight & then leave right away in the morning (free continental breakfast, too!) . Lots of exciting trip stuff going on!!
Did I mention that the Easter bunny must know we're driving? Both girls got travel neck pillows in their Easter baskets - DD1 got a frog, DD2 got a monkey (their favorite animals) . They are very excited to try them out soon!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #363
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
Think we may head to Pass A Grille Beach before we head to WDW. Friends in Tampa recommended it so we're checking it out. It's just for one day of beachcombing since the girls have never seen the ocean - ANY ocean!! So now I'm all excited about that.
We also found a good hotel for our way down - in Elizabethtown KY. We should get there around midnight & then leave right away in the morning (free continental breakfast, too!) . Lots of exciting trip stuff going on!!
Did I mention that the Easter bunny must know we're driving? Both girls got travel neck pillows in their Easter baskets - DD1 got a frog, DD2 got a monkey (their favorite animals) . They are very excited to try them out soon!
For our January trip, we're not going to make any hotel ressies on the way there or on the way home. The plan is to just get in the car and drive until we feel like we need to stop.

Those pillows sound so cute!! I have thought about getting the boys some new travel pillows, but I'll probably just get the plain $5 from Wal Mart.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #364
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

I'm definitely taking a solo trip January 2013... My dates aren't firm yet but I definitely know I want to be there on the 16th (which is my birthday). I'm thinking about staying at Pop or AoA - leaning towards AoA but we'll see.

I'm thinking either the 10th-17th, 11th-18th, or 12th-19th. Flight prices will make the ultimate decision for me, but I think I'd rather be there for Marathon than any part of MLK Jr weekend. Opinions?

I have a loooooong list of ADRs I want to get - I rather want to do deluxe dining, since I'm a bit of a food enthusiast and I also want to do a lot of character meals (I don't think you're ever too old to love princesses and Mickey Mouse, lol). If packages aren't bookable yet by the 180 day mark, is it a good idea to book room-only in order to take advantage of the +10 period? Is it easy to convert that to a package reservation without losing ADRs?

I've got my fingers crossed for free dining in January to save me at least a little money on the dining plan, haha. But I want deluxe either way.

Last edited by dawnhaze; 04-12-2012 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Clarity
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #365
Michelle1125
Mouseketeer

We're going the 12-18 and staying at the Animal Kingdom Villas.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #366
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
I'm definitely taking a solo trip January 2013... My dates aren't firm yet but I definitely know I want to be there on the 16th (which is my birthday). I'm thinking about staying at Pop or AoA - leaning towards AoA but we'll see.

I'm thinking either the 10th-17th, 11th-18th, or 12th-19th. Flight prices will make the ultimate decision for me, but I think I'd rather be there for Marathon than any part of MLK Jr weekend. Opinions?

I have a loooooong list of ADRs I want to get - I rather want to do deluxe dining, since I'm a bit of a food enthusiast and I also want to do a lot of character meals (I don't think you're ever too old to love princesses and Mickey Mouse, lol). If packages aren't bookable yet by the 180 day mark, is it a good idea to book room-only in order to take advantage of the +10 period? Is it easy to convert that to a package reservation without losing ADRs?

I've got my fingers crossed for free dining in January to save me at least a little money on the dining plan, haha. But I want deluxe either way.
& added
I hope that they have the packages out by the time we hit our 180 day out. We're doing the DlxDDP for this first time this June. I hope to do it again in January. Like you, there are just so many places that I want to try. I really really hope that we get FD for our dates as well. We are a family of 4 Disney Adults, so it really is the best discount. More than likely, we'll just upgrade to the DlxDDP from whatever DDP we get depending on which resort that we stay at.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #367
Michelle1125
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post

We had to make that decision too and from what I've read, Marathon weekend is less crowded.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #368
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1125 View Post
We're going the 12-18 and staying at the Animal Kingdom Villas.
& added

WOO HOO!! Another DFW girl!!

Old 04-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #369
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We had to make that decision too and from what I've read, Marathon weekend is less crowded.
That's what I've read as well, too. I would imagine a lot of Marathoners are busy doing the Marathon rather than seeing the attractions, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
& added
I hope that they have the packages out by the time we hit our 180 day out. We're doing the DlxDDP for this first time this June. I hope to do it again in January. Like you, there are just so many places that I want to try. I really really hope that we get FD for our dates as well. We are a family of 4 Disney Adults, so it really is the best discount. More than likely, we'll just upgrade to the DlxDDP from whatever DDP we get depending on which resort that we stay at.
I really hope they do release packages for booking in June again. I will have far fewer worries if they do.

I think I could eat at least 2 meals a day just in Epcot and be happy with the food for several days, haha. Deluxe dining seems like the least stressful way to go about it. Plus I did the math and I will save about $150 vs what I would order OOP, without taking snacks into account, so it seems like a good idea.

Last edited by dawnhaze; 04-12-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Added second quote
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #370
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Those pillows sound so cute!! I have thought about getting the boys some new travel pillows, but I'll probably just get the plain $5 from Wal Mart.
The Easter bunny may have found them for $8 apiece at Target a few weeks ago

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #371
QTrunninglady
Earning My Ears

I'm there!!

January 9 - 16, 2013

1980 Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground
1988 offsite G-PHS Band trip
2010 Port Orleans Riverside - FD
2011 Disney's Wilderness Lodge - $500 gift card
2012 SPLIT STAY - Disney's POP Century & Disney's Polynesian Resort - FD
2013 SPLIT STAY - Disney's Art of Animation & Disney's BoardWalk Resort
QTrunninglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #372
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTrunninglady View Post
I'm there!!

January 9 - 16, 2013

Old 04-13-2012, 07:58 AM   #373
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
But remember they moved the Marathon weekend to one weekend later (Jan 10-13), which puts it closer to MLK weekend (Jan 18 - 21) for those people who will stay at WDW for 7+ days, they will probably overlap both weeks.

I'd still choose Marathon weekend over MLK, too, but I think we will see folks blending the two together, which is what we are doing.

Also, remember to pay attention to which parks and roads are going to be used for the Marathon and what times.

We went in May and there was an Ironman race going on and we got stuck on the road outside of AKV for 35 minutes!! They stopped all traffic to let the bikers go by. It was a mess when we specifically chose to do RD that morning. Needless to say, we didn't make it!

Last edited by Marshay; 04-13-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #374
pkf4bucs
Mouseketeer

Have you added for the 10 - 13. If you want to add a resort, just let me know. I would love to some day run the 1/2 marathon.[/QUOTE]

We are booked at the Pop for the 11th - 13th. Has to be a quick trip as the kids are in school.
pkf4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #375
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Good morning everyone!!

TGIF!!
Any Disney planning going on today?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: