Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #346
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Hi everyone!

We were booked for a September trip, with free dining...but have to postpone to January due to rising wedding costs AND outrageous flight costs. I am bummed because we have been planning and planning BUT I am kinda glad since September is too humid AND January is my most favorite time to go! So I am looking on the bright side...

Now I need to pick the dates.

January 6-16 or January 26-February 5

I have been towards the end of February and it was wonderful besides some super cold nights. My birthday is January 9 so I thought celebrating that would be awesome. I still have time to decide.

I am excited to talk trip planning with all you January Peeps!
& added For now I put you under the undecided since you weren't sure about the dates.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!! I love wedding shows!! I could sit and watch them all day on Sundays, if the men in the house would let me.

Personally I would go 1/6 - 16, to be there for your birthday. Then again, I am biased since we are going to be at WDW for both my January birthday and our youngest son's. Actually your birthday falls right inbetween ours. His is January 8th and mine is the 10th.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #347
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Jan 26 - Feb 5 will be less crowded and you can still celebrate a belated birthday.

Your earlier dates will bump up with the Marathon crowds and the early start to MLK crowds. However, the parks may also be open a bit longer to accommodate and there is something special about being in Disney on your ACTUAL birthday!

But either date should be fine! I'd go with whichever has cheaper transportation/hotel costs.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #348
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Jan 26 - Feb 5 will be less crowded and you can still celebrate a belated birthday.

Your earlier dates will bump up with the Marathon crowds and the early start to MLK crowds. However, the parks may also be open a bit longer to accommodate and there is something special about being in Disney on your ACTUAL birthday!

But either date should be fine! I'd go with whichever has cheaper transportation/hotel costs.
Please stop talking about MLK crowds LOL! I might have to change my dates again, and I know you all don't want to go through that anymore!

On another note, I posted this on the FB page, but for those not on it, FD has been offered for 2013 in the UK

http://wdtc.disneyinternational.com/...ffers.asp?ID=8

SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #349
BeckyL620
Earning My Ears

Smile January hopefull

Been lurking for several weeks. Hoping to go in January. Dates would be around MLK weekend due to kids being out of school. We are out 17,18 and 21. We went the same time in January 2010.
BeckyL620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #350
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyL620 View Post
Been lurking for several weeks. Hoping to go in January. Dates would be around MLK weekend due to kids being out of school. We are out 17,18 and 21. We went the same time in January 2010.
I'm not alone for MLK weekend! Same reason here, we are out 18, 21 and 22 and I'm hoping DS doesnt have a final on the 17th so we can leave early in the morning!

SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #351
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
& added For now I put you under the undecided since you weren't sure about the dates.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!! I love wedding shows!! I could sit and watch them all day on Sundays, if the men in the house would let me.

Personally I would go 1/6 - 16, to be there for your birthday. Then again, I am biased since we are going to be at WDW for both my January birthday and our youngest son's. Actually your birthday falls right inbetween ours. His is January 8th and mine is the 10th.
Thanks for the welcome!
And thanks for the wedding congrats! I am excited..but I am at the point where if I even think about it my stomach knots up lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post

I totally forgot about MLK day! Ohhhhh man! I have been at the end of January and it was wonderful. It was also 2007...so I don't know if people are on to January as being an awesome time to go. I can have a belated birthday cupcake...it will be our secret haha

We will be flying out of Salt Lake. Being so far away from Florida, the prices are usually pretty outrageous, especially lately. I couldn't believe the price for our tickets in September. $275 each person each way! Yowzahs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
Please stop talking about MLK crowds LOL! I might have to change my dates again, and I know you all don't want to go through that anymore!

On another note, I posted this on the FB page, but for those not on it, FD has been offered for 2013 in the UK

Free dining would be fantabulous!!

The more I think about it, the more the end of January sounds good.

There is a FB page? Can I join?

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #352
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyL620 View Post

& added
I put you down as the 17 - 21. If those dates change or you want to add a resort to it, just let me know.

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome!
And thanks for the wedding congrats! I am excited..but I am at the point where if I even think about it my stomach knots up lol.
I got married to my DH when we were both 19. I picked out the colors, the invites, the napkins, the style of dress I wanted, and that was pretty much it. Anytime my mom wanted me to drive home, about an hour from where I was living with the DH, he wouldn't let me "b/c he didn't want me driving on that danerous road with all those rock truck". Funny thing is the road wasn't too dangerous when I had to drive up and down it to see him while we were dating. I didn't even see my wedding cake design until the day before the wedding. At the time, I didn't care so much about all the little details as long as we got married. I am much more into all the details of a wedding today than I was then. Oh and I did pick our wedding song. I heard it once on the radio when my mom, sister and I were going some where. I didn't even hear the full song before I decided that would be our wedding song. I don't even remember now what song it was. I think it was Michael Bolton, but remember thinking it was the longest song ever and both the DH and I felt like we were going to pass out b/c it was so long.

Quote:
We will be flying out of Salt Lake. Being so far away from Florida, the prices are usually pretty outrageous, especially lately. I couldn't believe the price for our tickets in September. $275 each person each way! Yowzahs!
That's about what ours is. On our other trips with the DSs, it seems like we paid $800-ish total for airfare. It is just way cheaper for us to drive than fly. We live in North-central Texas. I just checked the airfare going out of DFW airport on AA and it's just over $2,100 for us, but not sure if that includes the baggage fee. If we drive it's about $800 round trip for gas and another $200 - $300 for hotel stays to have one night stay there and one on the way home. The cost would easily double for us to fly.

Quote:
Free dining would be fantabulous!!
Yes it would. Since our family is all "Disney adults" I think it would work out to be a better discount for us.

Quote:

There is a FB page? Can I join?
Yes you can, but it is a secret group. Which just means that in order to join you have to be a FB friend to an admin. I'll shoot you a PM with my name on FB and what my profile pic looks like, so you can send me a friend request. Once that is done, I will add you to the group. We did the group this way so that only the people that are in this thread, and the other January 2012 thread, can even see the group.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #353
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team

Not seeing my cake design until the day before would put me in a tailspin lol. I like having control over all the wedding plans. Nate, my fiance, likes it that way too. I think he is avoiding any decision making. He is pretty easy going. I look forward to getting married to such a sweet and patient man. I am also excited about the wedding stuff...but I feel like I will somehow I will mess things up. I think it is the perfectionist in me. I am still waiting for my fiance's mom to get me her guest list... I love her, she is AWESOME...but seriously. I need that list haha

I wish we could drive. But we just don't have the extra days to spare and who knows how much gas will be by January . Ah, but I do love road trips and there would be so many neat things to see driving cross country...maybe someday..

Old 04-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #354
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post

Well, I do expect crowds for MLK -- but 6's, 7's. maybe 8's on Saturday.

But it'll also be when a lot of us Dissers are going to, so DISMEET!!

Quote:
I totally forgot about MLK day! Ohhhhh man! I have been at the end of January and it was wonderful. It was also 2007...so I don't know if people are on to January as being an awesome time to go. I can have a belated birthday cupcake...it will be our secret haha

Personally, if you can avoid MLK I would.

For my July trip, the cheapest airfare I could find direct was $400 r/t. I'm really hoping a special will come out soon.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #355
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Not seeing my cake design until the day before would put me in a tailspin lol. I like having control over all the wedding plans. Nate, my fiance, likes it that way too. I think he is avoiding any decision making. He is pretty easy going. I look forward to getting married to such a sweet and patient man. I am also excited about the wedding stuff...but I feel like I will somehow I will mess things up. I think it is the perfectionist in me. I am still waiting for my fiance's mom to get me her guest list... I love her, she is AWESOME...but seriously. I need that list haha

I wish we could drive. But we just don't have the extra days to spare and who knows how much gas will be by January . Ah, but I do love road trips and there would be so many neat things to see driving cross country...maybe someday..
My DH was only asked for two things in our wedding and he reminds me every anniversary that he did only ask for two things and didn't get one of them. 1. He wanted to wear all black, black suit, tie, shirt, vest, black everything. I wouldn't let him b/c I though it would look like he was going to a funeral. Plus we got married on July 1st, and Texas summers aren't exactly cool, so I thought he would be too hot. Since then I saw a wedding show where the groom dressed like that and it looked so cool. 2. He wanted to do our first dance the right way and have a special song. Well I grew up Southern Baptist and had our wedding in a Southern Babtist church and dancing was always a no-no. He complains the most about that one. I told him that one day, we would renew our vows at WDW and he could have his dance then.

Luckily, we can take the time to drive. I am a SaHM and my DH works for his family's appliance repair business. I'm not sure on how many days we will be gone, b/c I'm waiting to see if I get my school money in time. We may be gone as long as 14 days, only 5 of which are WDW days.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #356
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
My DH was only asked for two things in our wedding and he reminds me every anniversary that he did only ask for two things and didn't get one of them. 1. He wanted to wear all black, black suit, tie, shirt, vest, black everything. I wouldn't let him b/c I though it would look like he was going to a funeral. Plus we got married on July 1st, and Texas summers aren't exactly cool, so I thought he would be too hot. Since then I saw a wedding show where the groom dressed like that and it looked so cool. 2. He wanted to do our first dance the right way and have a special song. Well I grew up Southern Baptist and had our wedding in a Southern Babtist church and dancing was always a no-no. He complains the most about that one. I told him that one day, we would renew our vows at WDW and he could have his dance then.

Luckily, we can take the time to drive. I am a SaHM and my DH works for his family's appliance repair business. I'm not sure on how many days we will be gone, b/c I'm waiting to see if I get my school money in time. We may be gone as long as 14 days, only 5 of which are WDW days.
Aw your poor DH! All black in the summer though? You were just looking out for him. How awesome to renew vows at WDW! I would love love LOVE that!! We actually teetered with the thought of a disney wedding but bagged it pretty quickly when we realized no one would come but my parents. Oh well.

It would be soooo nice to have 14 days of vacation...disney or not! I will keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #357
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Aw your poor DH! All black in the summer though? You were just looking out for him. How awesome to renew vows at WDW! I would love love LOVE that!! We actually teetered with the thought of a disney wedding but bagged it pretty quickly when we realized no one would come but my parents. Oh well.

It would be soooo nice to have 14 days of vacation...disney or not! I will keep my fingers crossed for ya!
Hopefully we can do the renewal at WDW. When we got married I didn't even know they did weddings at WDW.

14 days will be great, if we can do it, especially with us living with the inlaws.

Also, if anyone has sent me a friend request in FB and haven't gotten the invite to the group PM me. I added a couple of people on FB and I wasn't sure if they wanted to be in the FB group or not.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #358
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team

Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

We are all one day closer to our trips!

Old 04-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #359
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

We are all one day closer to our trips!
WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #360
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

We've talked about a vow renewal at wdw but then I price it out and decide not to. Maybe for a really big anniversary.

14 days sounds awesome!!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: