Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #331
viluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Hi'a SandiKB and letthewookiewin - Thanks for the nice Welcome And thanks for the support It's been a very rough go - but on my dark days I picture myself healed and in WDW with my DH and kiddos having a great time! We've done several WDW trips - and I would like this one to be "the bees knees" of trips. A real big one We've never stayed the GF, in fact we've been off property the last 3 trips. After this whole experience, I'd like to go real big and enjoy every ounce if Disney we can squeeze in. Looks like i've got some planning to do to. I'm no longer in the loop for when and room discounts come out, what places we should eat, etc.

Maybe you all could help me with the dates? When is a good time in January to go? I'm taking the kiddos out of school so it doesn't need to fall around a holiday of any sort.

And, letthewookiewin, I'm very close to Estes. It is beautiful up there, isn't it? We just went for a drive there last weekend.

Thanks again! It's so nice to be online and in a group of folks who are looking forward to things (instead of doing scary online searches for figure out what this horrid med did to me). Onward and upward! Disney here we come!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #332
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by viluvsdisney View Post
Hi'a SandiKB and letthewookiewin - Thanks for the nice Welcome And thanks for the support It's been a very rough go - but on my dark days I picture myself healed and in WDW with my DH and kiddos having a great time! We've done several WDW trips - and I would like this one to be "the bees knees" of trips. A real big one We've never stayed the GF, in fact we've been off property the last 3 trips. After this whole experience, I'd like to go real big and enjoy every ounce if Disney we can squeeze in. Looks like i've got some planning to do to. I'm no longer in the loop for when and room discounts come out, what places we should eat, etc.

Maybe you all could help me with the dates? When is a good time in January to go? I'm taking the kiddos out of school so it doesn't need to fall around a holiday of any sort.

And, letthewookiewin, I'm very close to Estes. It is beautiful up there, isn't it? We just went for a drive there last weekend.

Thanks again! It's so nice to be online and in a group of folks who are looking forward to things (instead of doing scary online searches for figure out what this horrid med did to me). Onward and upward! Disney here we come!
I know what you mean. When I was pregnant with our first son, I was put in the hospital at 31 weeks pregnant with hypertension and toxemia. When my doctor put me in the hospital, he said that if they didn't get my blood pressure down, the baby and I could be dead with in 24 hours. I was in a hospital for almost 2 weeks when I had an emergency c-section. The entire time I was in the hospital I kept telling my DH that I would be fine. I hadn't taken our son to WDW yet, and I was planning on taking him on many many trips. Thinking of WDW trips is a great place to keep your mind off of medical problems. I really hope y'all do get to stay at the GF.

I would love to be that close to Estes Park. A girl that I grew up with is lucky enough to live in Loveland, CO. This may sound odd, but I have a favorite boulder in Rocky Mountain National Park that is in our favorite picnic spot. Every year when my mom and dad go up for Elk Fest, she takes a picture of it for me.

If you want we have a secret FB group. It's just another way to help plan and talk about things. Also, it'll be a good way to give live updates to each other while we are in the parks, and maybe even coordinate meets for rides and such. If you want to join it, just send me a PM with your name and description of your avatar picture and maybe your city, that way I know it's you when I send you a friend invite. With a secret group, you have to be friends with an admin to be in the group. We did it this way, so that only the people that should be in it, can even see the group. Once you join the FB group, we have some info over there that may help you pick your dates.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #333
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
on my dark days I picture myself healed and in WDW with my DH and kiddos having a great time!
Disney dreaming is such good therapy

I'd give you advice on which dates to go, but I am pretty sure I am changing mine so I can't even make up my own mind for sure
Old 04-08-2012, 08:24 PM   #334
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Well seeing as I am the forever date changer you might not want any advice from me!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #335
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So glad to hear you're doing well again! How scary that you had to go through that.

Picking dates should be easy! Crowds are always great then, but I would avoid Marathon Weekend and MLK Jr Weekend. If you're looking for possible free dining or a room discount, I would plan on the 24th- 31st. That way you avoid most of the "crowded" times and promotions will be more likely.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #336
viluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
So glad to hear you're doing well again! How scary that you had to go through that.

Picking dates should be easy! Crowds are always great then, but I would avoid Marathon Weekend and MLK Jr Weekend. If you're looking for possible free dining or a room discount, I would plan on the 24th- 31st. That way you avoid most of the "crowded" times and promotions will be more likely.

Thank you so much! I was already looking at the those exact dates What makes them more ideal for "deals" than others? Is it because it they're non-peak? Thanks again
Old 04-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #337
viluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
I know what you mean. When I was pregnant with our first son, I was put in the hospital at 31 weeks pregnant with hypertension and toxemia. When my doctor put me in the hospital, he said that if they didn't get my blood pressure down, the baby and I could be dead with in 24 hours. I was in a hospital for almost 2 weeks when I had an emergency c-section. The entire time I was in the hospital I kept telling my DH that I would be fine. I hadn't taken our son to WDW yet, and I was planning on taking him on many many trips. Thinking of WDW trips is a great place to keep your mind off of medical problems. I really hope y'all do get to stay at the GF.

I would love to be that close to Estes Park. A girl that I grew up with is lucky enough to live in Loveland, CO. This may sound odd, but I have a favorite boulder in Rocky Mountain National Park that is in our favorite picnic spot. Every year when my mom and dad go up for Elk Fest, she takes a picture of it for me.

If you want we have a secret FB group. It's just another way to help plan and talk about things. Also, it'll be a good way to give live updates to each other while we are in the parks, and maybe even coordinate meets for rides and such. If you want to join it, just send me a PM with your name and description of your avatar picture and maybe your city, that way I know it's you when I send you a friend invite. With a secret group, you have to be friends with an admin to be in the group. We did it this way, so that only the people that should be in it, can even see the group. Once you join the FB group, we have some info over there that may help you pick your dates.
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your story. It always helps to hear others experiences. People tend to get so locked down in their fears that they forget you're not the only one with challenges. Thank you

I don't use FB any longer - but thanks for the invite I'm shooting for Jan 24 to the 30th, I think. Any thoughts on that week?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #338
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Thank you for your kind words and sharing your story. It always helps to hear others experiences. People tend to get so locked down in their fears that they forget you're not the only one with challenges. Thank you

I don't use FB any longer - but thanks for the invite I'm shooting for Jan 24 to the 30th, I think. Any thoughts on that week?
Well as far as the dates, those sound like great days to be at WDW. Then again, any day sounds like a good day to be at WDW.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #339
danielle79
Dreaming of the Castle!

Yes I believe the days are a definate, I saw the kids school schedule for next year, and we are going January 27-February 3! Yeah1 We will definately stay at fort wilderness cabins hoping for free dining or 30% like last time!

danielle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #340
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
Yes I believe the days are a definate, I saw the kids school schedule for next year, and we are going January 27-February 3! Yeah1 We will definately stay at fort wilderness cabins hoping for free dining or 30% like last time!
Obviously you liked Ft Wilderness if you are going back how was the travel time? It was on the top of my list but then I started thinking about taking a bus to go to the pool and taking a bus to fill up the mug and I just wasn't sure anymore.

Thanks for any first hand knowledge
Old 04-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #341
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:

Welcome to the thread! I'm sorry to hear about your medical situation and I really hope this Disney trip is all that you want it to be!

As for dates, I agree with other poster that the last week of January is a great time to go! We did that this year and it was not crowded at all. You don't interfere with NY's leftover crowds, the Marathon or MLK crowds. The BTG are dwindling down and the February Valentine's and spring break crowds haven't started yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Wow what a scary thing for you and your baby, too! I love your answer that everything would be fine b/c you haven't taken your son to Disney yet!! Perfect response!

Quote:

I think that's a great week!!

I just checked Touring Plans crowd calendar and yep, it's all predicted at 3s, 4s and 5s (one 6 on that Sat).

Go for it!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #342
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle79 View Post
& added. I hope we get FD. I think that since everyone in my family is a "Disney adult" that it works out to be the best discount for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
Obviously you liked Ft Wilderness if you are going back how was the travel time? It was on the top of my list but then I started thinking about taking a bus to go to the pool and taking a bus to fill up the mug and I just wasn't sure anymore.

Thanks for any first hand knowledge
I was wondering the same thing. Also, did you rent a golf cart? If you did, how does it work parking them when you want to get on a bus or boat? Is there a little parking lot by the bus stop and dock just for that? The Cabins at the FW are still on my short list of resort that I would like to stay at for our January trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Welcome to the thread! I'm sorry to hear about your medical situation and I really hope this Disney trip is all that you want it to be!

As for dates, I agree with other poster that the last week of January is a great time to go! We did that this year and it was not crowded at all. You don't interfere with NY's leftover crowds, the Marathon or MLK crowds. The BTG are dwindling down and the February Valentine's and spring break crowds haven't started yet.

Wow what a scary thing for you and your baby, too! I love your answer that everything would be fine b/c you haven't taken your son to Disney yet!! Perfect response!

I think that's a great week!!

I just checked Touring Plans crowd calendar and yep, it's all predicted at 3s, 4s and 5s (one 6 on that Sat).

Go for it!

Old 04-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #343
dsnygrl21
Mouseketeer

Going to be in Disney January 11-19 staying at BLT 1 bdrm TPV for our disneymoon and we are both running the disney marathon!!

Just registered for the half marathon and DF is doing the full. It's official!

Disney Fairytale Wedding PJ 9-22-12
Only trips after High school listed:
'03-'04 CP MK PG & Conductor
11/03 YCR
04/04 CR
10/05 POP
08/06 Off-site
05/07 POP
05/08 Off-site
10/10 Engagement trip AKL CL
03-04/11 First DVC Stay POP/BCV
08/11 Big Family Trip OKW/BLT

01/13 Disneymoon BLT TPV
dsnygrl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #344
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnygrl21 View Post
Going to be in Disney January 11-19 staying at BLT 1 bdrm TPV for our disneymoon and we are both running the disney marathon!!

Just registered for the half marathon and DF is doing the full. It's official!
& added
For some reason I put you down as the 10-20 b/c I think I read it that way on the other January thread. I can change it to the 11-19 if those are the official dates.

I would love to some day get in good enough shape to do the 1/2 marathon. I don't ever see me in good enough shape for the full.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #345
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Hi everyone!

We were booked for a September trip, with free dining...but have to postpone to January due to rising wedding costs AND outrageous flight costs. I am bummed because we have been planning and planning BUT I am kinda glad since September is too humid AND January is my most favorite time to go! So I am looking on the bright side...

Now I need to pick the dates.

January 6-16 or January 26-February 5

I have been towards the end of February and it was wonderful besides some super cold nights. My birthday is January 9 so I thought celebrating that would be awesome. I still have time to decide.

I am excited to talk trip planning with all you January Peeps!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: