Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #316
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
WOO HOO!!! I can't wait!! My DH is still saying that it's not going to happen, but I'm not taking no for an answer. If he messes with me too much about it, the man is going to be paying for a MKV room at the CR.
There ya go!!!

I'm also now bringing one more with me, DS's BF is going with us, which is great because she will make sure to keep his butt in line! He wanted to bring a friend and she was the only one I would approve, LOL.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #317
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
There ya go!!!

I'm also now bringing one more with me, DS's BF is going with us, which is great because she will make sure to keep his butt in line! He wanted to bring a friend and she was the only one I would approve, LOL.
Are y'all planning on letting the two of them go off by themselves? I'm sure he'll love having a friend that is his age with him.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #318
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Are y'all planning on letting the two of them go off by themselves? I'm sure he'll love having a friend that is his age with him.
Yeah, he'll be 17 and she'll be a week away from her 18th bday. We'll eat together and meet up, but they're going to want to do things that the littles arent, so it makes it a lot less stressful
Old 03-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #319
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Yeah, he'll be 17 and she'll be a week away from her 18th bday. We'll eat together and meet up, but they're going to want to do things that the littles arent, so it makes it a lot less stressful
sounds like a great plan!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:21 PM   #320
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
sounds like a great plan!!
I agree it does

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #321
pkf4bucs
Mouseketeer

4 of us going Marathon weekend. I will be doing the half. Been away from "home" way to long.
pkf4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #322
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkf4bucs View Post
4 of us going Marathon weekend. I will be doing the half. Been away from "home" way to long.
What are the dates for that?

Old 04-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #323
scoutie
DIS Veteran

Me!

We'll most like go January 2nd until the 6th. I'm a teacher, and we have a late Christmas break this year. This will be our first trip to Disney as a family! I went as a kid, and went once to Epcot/Pleasure Island in college. I have a dd who will be five at the time, a ds who will be seven, and a ds who will be two right on the 2nd!!!!

The CBR is a strong contender (still reading and learning!!!), but we haven't booked anything officially yet.
scoutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #324
pkf4bucs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What are the dates for that?
Jan 10 - 13th

http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events...y/wdw-marathon
pkf4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #325
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutie View Post
Me!

We'll most like go January 2nd until the 6th. I'm a teacher, and we have a late Christmas break this year. This will be our first trip to Disney as a family! I went as a kid, and went once to Epcot/Pleasure Island in college. I have a dd who will be five at the time, a ds who will be seven, and a ds who will be two right on the 2nd!!!!

The CBR is a strong contender (still reading and learning!!!), but we haven't booked anything officially yet.
& added I went ahead and put the CBR as your resort. If you change it, just let me know.
Congrats on your first family trip!! My DS were 5 & 7 on their first trip and we had a blast!! We also stayed at the CBR on that trip. The boys loved it enough that they wanted to move in. Make sure to get them first time buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkf4bucs View Post
Have you added for the 10 - 13. If you want to add a resort, just let me know. I would love to some day run the 1/2 marathon.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #326
viluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Headed to WDW in Jan 2013!

Hi My family DS 9, DD 13, DH and myself are taking a loooong awaited and well deserved trip to WDW. Without dragging everyone down (too much), the short of it is, I am in the process of healing from a "medication mistake" (Dr prescribed a med that was not necessary and nearly destroyed me). It's been a very long haul - 15 months so far. I'm ten months off the med and hoping to be fully recovered by Jan 2013 (if not sooner *crossing fingers*). We're taking our trip to celebrate our family and move on. It will be fantastic! So we're really hoping to be able to pull off a stay at GF Thanks for the thread! Can't wait for this trip
Old 04-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #327
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by viluvsdisney View Post
Hi My family DS 9, DD 13, DH and myself are taking a loooong awaited and well deserved trip to WDW. Without dragging everyone down (too much), the short of it is, I am in the process of healing from a "medication mistake" (Dr prescribed a med that was not necessary and nearly destroyed me). It's been a very long haul - 15 months so far. I'm ten months off the med and hoping to be fully recovered by Jan 2013 (if not sooner *crossing fingers*). We're taking our trip to celebrate our family and move on. It will be fantastic! So we're really hoping to be able to pull off a stay at GF Thanks for the thread! Can't wait for this trip
For now I have you in the undecided until your dates picked. I hope you get to stay at the GF. It sounds like your family really deserves it. Also, don't worry about "dragging us down". This thread is to not only support each other in planning, but to support each others reasons for our trips. I'm so sorry your family went through that, but am glad that you are getting better. I can't think of a better place than WDW to celebrate you being better!!

Also, I noticed your in CO. My favorite place, other than WDW, is in the northern part of your beautiful state. It's Estes Park, CO. I would love to be up there at the end of September for Elk Fest.

Well, I'm off to do some school work and then to do some number crunching on FD. If they offer FD for January, we will still upgrade to the DlxDDP. I want to see if it would be cheaper to stay at the WL and upgrade to the DlxDDP than staying at the PC and upgrading to the DlxDDP. I hope it is, b/c that is where I would like to really stay. Well there or a MKV room at the CR.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #328
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by viluvsdisney View Post
We're taking our trip to celebrate our family and move on. It will be fantastic! So we're really hoping to be able to pull off a stay at GF Thanks for the thread! Can't wait for this trip
No better way to celebrate
Old 04-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #329
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin;43682653[U
Arriving the week of January 27 - 31[/U]

SandiKB 1/29 - 2/2 AoA
If I promise this is the last time I change my dates, can you put me at Jan 17-22
Old 04-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #330
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
If I promise this is the last time I change my dates, can you put me at Jan 17-22
Sure, sure!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: