Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #301
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
So... I've never had any girl scout cookies.. heard the samoas are good.. you should buy me a case and mail them my way ASAP ...
HA! But the Thin Mints are better, especially right out of the freezer...

And now make that 3 times DD5 has watched the planning DVD. I think I need to stop counting, we've had it a day and a half...

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:14 PM   #302
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey View Post
I love the planning part - count me in. DH, me, son, daughter-in-law, grandson 10, granddaughter 6. On site Jan 10 - 11 - for 5K and 1/2 marathon, probably All Star Family Suite, or A of A - would love to stay at FW Cabins, then moving offsite to Wyndham BC.
Lindsey

& added
I just started walking/ jogging to get in shape for our June 2012 WDW. I would love to some day be able to do a 1/2 marathon at WDW.

Quote:
I know winter travel can be nerve wracking but it is so nice to get to take a break from the snow!

So... I've never had any girl scout cookies.. heard the samoas are good.. you should buy me a case and mail them my way ASAP ...

oh ok, just kidding

That was very nice of you!
When I first read "I've never had any girl scout cookies.. heard the samoas are good" I thought, "O heck no, I can't have that. I've gotta send her some." I actually have a box of those sitting beside me to help me get through the two papers I need to write tonight, so I can have the rest of the weekend free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldwest View Post
Newbie to posting. Headed to WDW Jan 3ish (flights might adjust a day or 2) to Jan 12th. DH (48) DS (15) and first trip with niece (11) Our second trip - we were last there in 2009. Stayed at POR and plan to return this trip.
& added
Has the niece ever been before or is this just her first trip with y'all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
HA! But the Thin Mints are better, especially right out of the freezer...

And now make that 3 times DD5 has watched the planning DVD. I think I need to stop counting, we've had it a day and a half...
Oh jut wondermus, now I want some Thin Mints and I don't have any. The only GS that I know her mom and could get some quickly from is more than likely asleep.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2012, 10:53 PM   #303
goldwest
Earning My Ears

Niece new to DW but not DL

I feel sooo lucky cause niece is happy to talk over all the planning. She has been to DL twice - never to DW. Guys happy to have me do all the planning and will answer questions here or there but not interested in being too involved. I love the planning. DS loves the pool. Even when it was only a few degrees above freezing he was happy at the mostly deserted water park! We can't wait to find out which waterpark will be open when we are there. We are hoping for Typhoon Lagoon! Last time one was open when we arrived, it closed and the other opened before we left.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #304
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
I feel sooo lucky cause niece is happy to talk over all the planning. She has been to DL twice - never to DW. Guys happy to have me do all the planning and will answer questions here or there but not interested in being too involved. I love the planning. DS loves the pool. Even when it was only a few degrees above freezing he was happy at the mostly deserted water park! We can't wait to find out which waterpark will be open when we are there. We are hoping for Typhoon Lagoon! Last time one was open when we arrived, it closed and the other opened before we left.
It's great you have her to be a planning budy.
On our first trip, we went to TL. It was March, and even though it was cold, it was the only day we had planned for a water park. It was 60F according to a life guard that stopped us when we were leaving. He had stopped us b/c he noticed the bloody leg I got when diving to save my youngest son's head from getting hit on the ground when a wave in the wave pool knocked him over in the shallow end of it. Plus the poor little guy had blue-ish lips and was shivering so hard that I had to carry him. Hopefully, you have a better time there when you go.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 03-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #305
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

I already told the girls we are skipping the water parks. It's our very first visit, so we are planning one day at AK, one day at Epcot, one "down" day (maybe DTD) and two days at MK. Hollywood Studios doesn't interest me that much, I would rather two days at MK. I hope it's nice and warm for the water parks when you are there!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #306
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Usually Typhoon Lagoon is closed from Dec-March for refurbishment, but I'll cross my fingers for you that they switch it up next year!

We always will do some swimming while we're down there, but we've never braved the water park in January.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #307
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

We enjoyed our January 2012 trip so much that we are hoping to go again in 2013. If it works out for us we will go the same time as we did this year, over the MLK weekend with tentative dates being January 16-23rd. I think we will stay at either Port Orleans French Quarter again or try the Art of Animation resort. Keeping my fingers crossed that this works out for us!
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #308
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
Usually Typhoon Lagoon is closed from Dec-March for refurbishment, but I'll cross my fingers for you that they switch it up next year!
It's true, you're right though it would be nice if they switched for those that take their vacations the same time each year.

We plan on using a waterpark day at Blizzard Beach when we go in January. My family loves swimming and I think as long as it is open they will want to go. If last minute we decide not to go worst thing that happens is we have a *gasp* free day Our NE tickets have the water park add on so we own the tickets either way.

We watched the Tangled short that was on tv last night, very cute
Old 03-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #309
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
We enjoyed our January 2012 trip so much that we are hoping to go again in 2013. If it works out for us we will go the same time as we did this year, over the MLK weekend with tentative dates being January 16-23rd. I think we will stay at either Port Orleans French Quarter again or try the Art of Animation resort. Keeping my fingers crossed that this works out for us!
& added. If you decide to change your dates, or pick which resort y'all want for sure, just let me know and I will change it.

Old 03-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #310
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Looks like we might be moving our trip to Feb. I'm not sure what I think about that.

Right now we're planning on heading down Jan19th-24th, and be in the parks the Sun-Wed. We want to do a split stay at BLT/BWV, which we we'll have enough points for even with grandvillas and a theme park view while at BLT. The kids will be out MLK day, and then miss 3 more days of school. My sister (their mother) is okay with them missing 3 days, so we're good there, but it's still MLK day. One of the few weekends in Jan that DW is slightly busy, but this is when we usually go so it's not that big of a deal for us.

Our new option is Feb 1st-6th. We'd head down after the kids are out of school on the 1st, so they'll still only miss 3 days of school. We'll do the parks Sat- Tues, and the crowds are forecasted to be lower then our dates in Jan. This will be over my Dad's birthday, which would be fun to celebrate there.

We'll still want to do a split stay with BLT/BWV. Only difference is that we won't have enough points for the theme park view at BLT, and maybe either borrowing from next years points or paying cash for part of the reservation.

So which would you choose? We usually go down as a big family, with my parents, sister, her two kids, myself and my DS. No one has any real opinion either way, so it looks like it's up to me. Help me choose please?
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream

Last edited by readytogotodisney; 03-29-2012 at 08:05 PM.
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #311
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Why are you thinking of switching, because of crowd levels? What is the difference in the crowd levels?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #312
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
Looks like we might be moving our trip to Feb. I'm not sure what I think about that.

Right now we're planning on heading down Jan19th-24th, and be in the parks the Sun-Wed. We want to do a split stay at BLT/BWV, which we we'll have enough points for even with grandvillas and a theme park view while at BLT. The kids will be out MLK day, and then miss 3 more days of school. My sister (their mother) is okay with them missing 3 days, so we're good there, but it's still MLK day. One of the few weekends in Jan that DW is slightly busy, but this is when we usually go so it's not that big of a deal for us.

Our new option is Feb 1st-6th. We'd head down after the kids are out of school on the 1st, so they'll still only miss 3 days of school. We'll do the parks Sat- Tues, and the crowds are forecasted to be lower then our dates in Jan. This will be over my Dad's birthday, which would be fun to celebrate there.

We'll still want to do a split stay with BLT/BWV. Only difference is that we won't have enough points for the theme park view at BLT, and maybe either borrowing from next years points or paying cash for part of the reservation.

So which would you choose? We usually go down as a big family, with my parents, sister, her two kids, myself and my DS. No one has any real opinion either way, so it looks like it's up to me. Help me choose please?
I would keep it as is mainly b/c of the view.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #313
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

It seems like just yesterday this was over a year away, and now it's 9 1/2 months!
Old 03-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #314
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
It seems like just yesterday this was over a year away, and now it's 9 1/2 months!
I now feel like I better start some of the projects I want to do soon!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:01 PM   #315
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
WOO HOO!!! I can't wait!! My DH is still saying that it's not going to happen, but I'm not taking no for an answer. If he messes with me too much about it, the man is going to be paying for a MKV room at the CR.

Quote:
I now feel like I better start some of the projects I want to do soon!
Me too!! Especially since we're going to have two birthdays while we are there. I would love to get John some kind of birthday basket to arrive in our room on his birthday.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: