Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #151
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermacdady View Post
Hey all! Just sent a pm to the op for the fb page! <--- when did this become a proper sentence? Lol!

Quote:
Anyways, we will be in the world from January 5-12,2013! There are 14 of us going and I'm coordinating it! in three weeks I'll be buying plane tickets (just for my family of 4, the rest of them will be paying their own way.) This will be my wife and I's 4th trip, and our kids 3rd! The rest of the group has never been! It will be my parents, my brother and his wife and daughter, my three sisters and two of their boyfriends! Any advice on a group like this would be helpful! I know I'll be back, so it's not really a trip for me this time, meaning I want the people who won't be back to experience the magic! Sorry for the rambling! Just getting excited!
& added.

I have never planned a trip for that many, so there is not much advice I can give on that. I hope you come out of it with your sanity in tact, or at least as intact as it is now. I would make a FB group like we did with this thread. This way you can make polls and such and it may be easier to plan. With that many I wouldn't plan on staying together every minute of every day. I would just plan to meet up for one meal a day and maybe a few rides.

Well I better get off the boards. Every couple of seconds my DH says, "Kim, are you on SW:tOR yet? Well hurry up." and it's driving me nuts.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #152
Hermacdady
Earning My Ears

We have a FB page event created, its amazing how easy it is to get everyones input so quickly! Not to pick on anybody, but I don't want us to look like a tour group walking through the park, chained together with me leading them! I figured we would decide on the park we go to and one meal that we all meet up at and share our fun of the day. Then, the groups could break off if they wanted to. My main wish right now is that I really really REALLY want our rooms next to each other at the resort! If that were to happen that would make my trip!
Hermacdady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #153
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

We will be celebrating my 34th bday and DDs 14th when we go

Hermacdady - traveling with that many definitely sounds chaotic but fun. I think getting together for most meals sounds like a good plan. I'd love to go with other people sometime but could not imagine trying to tour the parks with a large group
Old 01-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #154
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
We have a FB page event created, its amazing how easy it is to get everyones input so quickly! Not to pick on anybody, but I don't want us to look like a tour group walking through the park, chained together with me leading them! I figured we would decide on the park we go to and one meal that we all meet up at and share our fun of the day. Then, the groups could break off if they wanted to. My main wish right now is that I really really REALLY want our rooms next to each other at the resort! If that were to happen that would make my trip!
You mean you don't want to look like the Brazilian tour groups?
Maybe if you put all of the rooms in your name they will be all together. I'm not really sure how that works. We have only ever needed one room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
We will be celebrating my 34th bday and DDs 14th when we go

Hermacdady - traveling with that many definitely sounds chaotic but fun. I think getting together for most meals sounds like a good plan. I'd love to go with other people sometime but could not imagine trying to tour the parks with a large group
I'll update you.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 01-29-2012, 10:31 PM   #155
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

I started the official Feb thread since most of our time falls in Feb, but would love to be added in here too!!

We arrive Jan 28 and leave Feb 5. Art of Animation!!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 AM   #156
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
I started the official Feb thread since most of our time falls in Feb, but would love to be added in here too!!

We arrive Jan 28 and leave Feb 5. Art of Animation!!
Added

Old 01-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #157
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anyways, we will be in the world from January 5-12,2013! There are 14 of us going and I'm coordinating it! in three weeks I'll be buying plane tickets (just for my family of 4, the rest of them will be paying their own way.) This will be my wife and I's 4th trip, and our kids 3rd! The rest of the group has never been! It will be my parents, my brother and his wife and daughter, my three sisters and two of their boyfriends! Any advice on a group like this would be helpful! I know I'll be back, so it's not really a trip for me this time, meaning I want the people who won't be back to experience the magic! Sorry for the rambling! Just getting excited!
We usually go with my parents, my sister, her DH and two kids, my older brother, his wife and daughter, and my younger brother, plus myself, my DH and DS. That's 13 of us so I know what you're going through!

The way we go about it is, someone decides on which park we're going to (usually me!) and I just say this is what we're (DH, DS and me) are doing, anyone want to join us? I want everyone to feel like they're welcome to join us, but also not obligated either.

When we head out in the morning, usually half of us end up going in the morning, the rest will text someone in the group when they want to join us.

I will make the ADR for all, and then update the numbers once I know for sure who is going. Sometimes it's not until the night before, sometimes it's months before.

Rooms I'm not much help on, my parents are DVC members so we end up with either a grandvilla or (2) 2 bedroom villas. But if you're all staying at the same resort, I would have everyone request a certain building or section. While it might not work, Disney will do what they can to accommodate the requests.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:57 PM   #158
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran

Count me out for January Having to move to Feb b/c of DH's new job.... Ya'll enjoy January!!!

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #159
Hermacdady
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
We usually go with my parents, my sister, her DH and two kids, my older brother, his wife and daughter, and my younger brother, plus myself, my DH and DS. That's 13 of us so I know what you're going through!

The way we go about it is, someone decides on which park we're going to (usually me!) and I just say this is what we're (DH, DS and me) are doing, anyone want to join us? I want everyone to feel like they're welcome to join us, but also not obligated either.

When we head out in the morning, usually half of us end up going in the morning, the rest will text someone in the group when they want to join us.

I will make the ADR for all, and then update the numbers once I know for sure who is going. Sometimes it's not until the night before, sometimes it's months before.

Rooms I'm not much help on, my parents are DVC members so we end up with either a grandvilla or (2) 2 bedroom villas. But if you're all staying at the same resort, I would have everyone request a certain building or section. While it might not work, Disney will do what they can to accommodate the requests.
Thank you for the good ideas! I'm hoping that if we can't be next to each other, hopefully we will be in the same building. I know the 3 little ones will want to have sleep overs in each of the rooms and that will make it easier for them to do. 339 days left!
Hermacdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #160
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Ok, I'm back from WDW. Had a super awesome time...couldn't ask for better weather and low, low crowds.

Gave me good practice for our Jan 2013 trip.

I'm really giving AoA some serious thought. If they offer free dining or an AP discount, I think we can swing it. Otherwise, we'll probably just go to Pop before our Disney Dream cruise.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #161
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Count me out for January Having to move to Feb b/c of DH's new job.... Ya'll enjoy January!!!
I'll take you off the list then. I'm sorry you're having to move your trip. I hope y'all have a magical time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Ok, I'm back from WDW. Had a super awesome time...couldn't ask for better weather and low, low crowds.

Gave me good practice for our Jan 2013 trip.

I'm really giving AoA some serious thought. If they offer free dining or an AP discount, I think we can swing it. Otherwise, we'll probably just go to Pop before our Disney Dream cruise.
Welcome back!! I'm glad the trip went so well. Now I just hope all our trips go as well next year.

I haven't done a whole lot of planning this week. I did make an appointment to get our taxes done on Saturday night. We might sneak off to a movie after. My DH keeps insisting that we put it off, b/c he wants to spend the weekend doing nothing but playing Star Wars. That's fine, we can do that, but we are going to get the taxes done so I can see if we're getting a return. That way, I can start planning the trip.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #162
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Welcome back!! I'm glad the trip went so well. Now I just hope all our trips go as well next year.

I haven't done a whole lot of planning this week. I did make an appointment to get our taxes done on Saturday night. We might sneak off to a movie after. My DH keeps insisting that we put it off, b/c he wants to spend the weekend doing nothing but playing Star Wars. That's fine, we can do that, but we are going to get the taxes done so I can see if we're getting a return. That way, I can start planning the trip.
yeah, if this January trip is any indication of what January is like, then we may have just found ourselves our new time to go! It was a total blast!

My DH insists on doing our taxes on his own. I'm ok with that as it saves us money and we know our financial situation. but he won't start until April and then is literally down to the wire hitting "send" at 11:58pm. We usually get a bit of money back and I'd like to have that asap. But can't convince him otherwise.

And since I don't want to do it either, I just 'smile and nod'!
Old 02-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #163
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
yeah, if this January trip is any indication of what January is like, then we may have just found ourselves our new time to go! It was a total blast!

My DH insists on doing our taxes on his own. I'm ok with that as it saves us money and we know our financial situation. but he won't start until April and then is literally down to the wire hitting "send" at 11:58pm. We usually get a bit of money back and I'd like to have that asap. But can't convince him otherwise.

And since I don't want to do it either, I just 'smile and nod'!
We have never done our own taxes. H&R Block has always done them. I love the insurance that we can buy from them, that if something is done wrong we don't have to do a thing. They fix it and take care of the fees up to a certain amount (I just can't remember how much).

Did the DIS always have a spell check feature? I have been using Google Chrome b/c the boards seem to run faster on it than on Internet Explorer. I wasn't paying attention and I typed "certain" as "certian" and I noticed a red squiggly line under it, like when he spell a word wrong in Microsoft Word. I don't remember it ever doing that before. Well I'm going to watch a movie called "Imprint" that my mom insist that I watch. She's in love with one of the actors in it.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #164
Marshay

No, DIS did not have spell check when I first started using it.

Let's us know how Imprint was.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #165
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post

Did the DIS always have a spell check feature? I have been using Google Chrome b/c the boards seem to run faster on it than on Internet Explorer. I wasn't paying attention and I typed "certain" as "certian" and I noticed a red squiggly line under it, like when he spell a word wrong in Microsoft Word. I don't remember it ever doing that before.
Firefox does that, maybe it is also a google chrome feature?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: