Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #136
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran
 
DsnyMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,028

We haven't decided between January and February....

How do you guys feel about the crowds?

Haven't read through the thread yet, but when considering between Jan and Feb for next year, I searched Touring Plans crowd predictions.

Curious to know why many dates in January are 1-2's this year, and many are 5-6's - even lots of 7's next year? Seems like there are literally no 1-2's next year and tons this year for the entire month?


Thoughts?
__________________
Amber Richard Ava {5} Levi {3} Aspen {7m}
Past Trips * January 2008 AKL * March 2009 CSR * November 2011 POP *
*November 2012 AKV/CSR/Poly * February 2014 POP/AKL *

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #137
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
We haven't decided between January and February....

How do you guys feel about the crowds?

Haven't read through the thread yet, but when considering between Jan and Feb for next year, I searched Touring Plans crowd predictions.

Curious to know why many dates in January are 1-2's this year, and many are 5-6's - even lots of 7's next year? Seems like there are literally no 1-2's next year and tons this year for the entire month?


Thoughts?
The only reasons I know of are Marathon weekend, dont know the dates though, MLK day is later next year and also people that go for NY and stay the week. Thats all I can think of
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #138
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
OK, this is how pathetic I am, the mall is not somewhere I often go, so a few weeks ago my GF and I went with youngest DD, so we're upstairs and looking down at the Disney Store, DD is all excited in her stroller, and we're telling her 'Look, it's Disney World!!! There's Mickey, and Minnie' etc., etc., LOL So now she thinks DW consists of a mall storefront and her princess tent, LOL
That's how I feel at the disney store The CM brought out her special secret trading box and let dd trade her vinylmation. She was psyched to swap a "pigs in space" muppet for Dr. Facillier. It was like the disney magic feeling. I have to say she is an awesome CM. I really need to write her name down sometime so I can write a letter to Disneystore telling them how amazing she is.

When I got there (you know, when they opened ) they had a sale on all the barbie sized dolls and they had mother Gothel. Super cool. I picked it up, hemmed and hawed and did not get it. Well after shopping and eating at Rainforest we went back to the disney store and they were all gone. Dang it. Good thing I pre-ordered Lady and the Tramp while I was there, now I HAVE to go back


Sandi, I noticed your ticker says one year! So after today you can say, "We go to Disney in less than a year!"
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #139
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran
 
DsnyMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,028

We've been in January once before - January 6-14th and it was pure heaven.... Weather was beautiful - in the 80's nearly the entire time. It was our first trip (we were 19 and 21) and it was our honeymoon I don't remember the crowd level though - I checked back on touringplans and they have those dates in '08 as 1-3's and that sounds right - I know we rarely waited, but don't remember the specifics as we were slightly smitten




Looking at either the last week in January- first of Feb, or doing last week in Feb- 1st of March... I just don't know!



Wondering what - if anything major - will be down for refurb as well
__________________
Amber Richard Ava {5} Levi {3} Aspen {7m}
Past Trips * January 2008 AKL * March 2009 CSR * November 2011 POP *
*November 2012 AKV/CSR/Poly * February 2014 POP/AKL *

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #140
Sandy Mouse
distant cousin of Mickey
 
Sandy Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain, Louisiana
Posts: 563

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaDVCwannabe View Post
You can find some really great examples on the Creative Community section of the boards or www.twopeasinabucket.com is a great site. Look in the gallary under Disney

Once I have some of my pages done I will post them so you can see if you like?
Thanks, I would appreciate that. I think I've talked younger DD into doing most of the work. She has never done autograph books but is really creative. I need to show her what others have done.
__________________
Me DD DD DSIL DGS21 DGD15 DGS9 DGD6

Sandy Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #141
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer
 
ButterflyJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Just the fact that he even offered to go to DL in June, knowing that we are planning on going to January is enough for me. Actually going is just icing on the cake.
How awesome of your DH!! Fingers crossed here that it's enough...
__________________
Me DH DD9 DD6

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #142
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
That's how I feel at the disney store The CM brought out her special secret trading box and let dd trade her vinylmation. She was psyched to swap a "pigs in space" muppet for Dr. Facillier. It was like the disney magic feeling. I have to say she is an awesome CM. I really need to write her name down sometime so I can write a letter to Disneystore telling them how amazing she is.
She sounds awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
When I got there (you know, when they opened ) they had a sale on all the barbie sized dolls and they had mother Gothel. Super cool. I picked it up, hemmed and hawed and did not get it. Well after shopping and eating at Rainforest we went back to the disney store and they were all gone. Dang it. Good thing I pre-ordered Lady and the Tramp while I was there, now I HAVE to go back
LOL, of course you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post
Sandi, I noticed your ticker says one year! So after today you can say, "We go to Disney in less than a year!"
lets hope it STAYS that way now!!
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #143
UndercoverMama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 363

[QUOTE=DsnyMama;43876297]Looking at either the last week in January- first of Feb, or doing last week in Feb- 1st of March... I just don't know!

We went back and forth between Jan and Feb since we had dne the first week in February once and lvoed it. My dd and I have birthdays a week apart in January which is what made dh and I decide to try January. Any celebrations for you in Jan/Feb/Mar? Maybe that could help you decide.
__________________
UndercoverMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #144
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran
 
DsnyMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,028

[QUOTE=UndercoverMama;43877632]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
Looking at either the last week in January- first of Feb, or doing last week in Feb- 1st of March... I just don't know!

We went back and forth between Jan and Feb since we had dne the first week in February once and lvoed it. My dd and I have birthdays a week apart in January which is what made dh and I decide to try January. Any celebrations for you in Jan/Feb/Mar? Maybe that could help you decide.

Well, I think pricing just sealed the deal for us! Many of our days would be "peak" season if we do Feb/March - but all value 1 if we do Jan/Feb!

My birthday is in February, but our 5th wedding anniversary is in January
__________________
Amber Richard Ava {5} Levi {3} Aspen {7m}
Past Trips * January 2008 AKL * March 2009 CSR * November 2011 POP *
*November 2012 AKV/CSR/Poly * February 2014 POP/AKL *

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #145
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post


Well, I think pricing just sealed the deal for us! Many of our days would be "peak" season if we do Feb/March - but all value 1 if we do Jan/Feb!

My birthday is in February, but our 5th wedding anniversary is in January
Welcome to January No better place to celebrate your anniversary
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #146
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO
 
letthewookiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 4,802

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
How awesome of your DH!! Fingers crossed here that it's enough...
Thanks!! We would need a good tax return for that to happen I'm thinking. I've been trying for days to price a DL trip on their website, but it hasn't been working. I've been going through Internet Explorer. I thought that I would try going through Google Chrome, and it worked. For a one night stay at a good neighbor resort (one of the Best Westerns, nothing too "fancy") and two days in the parks it was $892. Then again, I'm thinking of joining AAA. I was thinking of doing that anyway b/c of the January trip. It would ease my mind a little to have AAA with us driving TX to CA and then TX to FL. We have never driven that far. The only time we have driven far was to Carlsbad, NM or to Buloxi/ Gulf Port, MS we had a mechanic with us (fil, well used to be a mechanic but moved to appliances).

[QUOTE=DsnyMama;43877800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndercoverMama View Post

My birthday is in February, but our 5th wedding anniversary is in January
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
Welcome to January No better place to celebrate your anniversary
That's what I was thinking. I would love to spend our anniversary again in WDW. Especially since we met at the MK. If we were able to go more often, I would go without the DSs. My youngest would have more of a miserable time if we went over our anniversary, not to mention the higher crowds and price. Our wedding anniversary is July 1. We spent our 5th anniversary in 2000 in WDW. We didn't take our DSs with us b/c they were both under 3, and my mil offered to watch them for us. She has always thought it was important for a married couple to get away with out the kids for short vacations when possible.

If anyone has changed their dates, remind me. Also, if you want to add that you are celebrating either a birthday or anniversary let me know. Like, I have on mine that we are celebrating both mine and my youngest DS's bdays.
__________________
Me(38)DH(38) DS16 DS15 Bug R.I.P. 8/20/11
'81-OS/w parents; 3/94-OS/w HS band & met future DH; 7/00-OS,5th wedding anny; 3/04-CBR,DS's 1st trip; 10/06-WL,MNSSHP; 6/12-PC; 9/13-Swan/AKL SV; 5/14 DL; 12/14 SoG, Suz & I & MVMCP


"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:54 PM   #147
DsnyMama
DIS Veteran
 
DsnyMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,028

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
Welcome to January No better place to celebrate your anniversary
We celebrated our honeymoon at AKL January 6-14th in 2008 :wub:
__________________
Amber Richard Ava {5} Levi {3} Aspen {7m}
Past Trips * January 2008 AKL * March 2009 CSR * November 2011 POP *
*November 2012 AKV/CSR/Poly * February 2014 POP/AKL *

Up Next: October2014
Feb 2014 TR - click HERE
DsnyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #148
Hermacdady
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Le Claire, IA
Posts: 51

Can I come too?

Hey all! Just sent a pm to the op for the fb page! <--- when did this become a proper sentence? Lol! Anyways, we will be in the world from January 5-12,2013! There are 14 of us going and I'm coordinating it! in three weeks I'll be buying plane tickets (just for my family of 4, the rest of them will be paying their own way.) This will be my wife and I's 4th trip, and our kids 3rd! The rest of the group has never been! It will be my parents, my brother and his wife and daughter, my three sisters and two of their boyfriends! Any advice on a group like this would be helpful! I know I'll be back, so it's not really a trip for me this time, meaning I want the people who won't be back to experience the magic! Sorry for the rambling! Just getting excited!
Hermacdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #149
SandiKB
Mouseketeer
 
SandiKB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermacdady View Post
Hey all! Just sent a pm to the op for the fb page! <--- when did this become a proper sentence? Lol! Anyways, we will be in the world from January 5-12,2013! There are 14 of us going and I'm coordinating it! in three weeks I'll be buying plane tickets (just for my family of 4, the rest of them will be paying their own way.) This will be my wife and I's 4th trip, and our kids 3rd! The rest of the group has never been! It will be my parents, my brother and his wife and daughter, my three sisters and two of their boyfriends! Any advice on a group like this would be helpful! I know I'll be back, so it's not really a trip for me this time, meaning I want the people who won't be back to experience the magic! Sorry for the rambling! Just getting excited!
How fun (and stressful) coordinating a trip for so many! My GF is toying with the idea of going in Jan when we go, if she does it will be 11 of us, with her group of 5 never having been, so you know who will be doing the planning LOL
__________________
Sandi
Offsite - 1975/MK; 1979/MK; 1992/MK; 1995/Epcot; 1999/MK; Onsite - POP - 2007/MK/PNPP/MGM
SandiKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #150
Hermacdady
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Le Claire, IA
Posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiKB View Post
How fun (and stressful) coordinating a trip for so many! My GF is toying with the idea of going in Jan when we go, if she does it will be 11 of us, with her group of 5 never having been, so you know who will be doing the planning LOL
It's a bittersweet feeling for sure! My main concern is making sure that we have each person experience what they feel is "Disney". Most of them are just excited to see the stuff in person! I'm fortunate that my family has trusted me when I tell them pitfalls from the few trips I've taken (example: going between Christmas and new years, lesson learned in 2009) so that is how we decided on January.
Hermacdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.