Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #121
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

Oh Nancy, you would miss him! Thanks for the legs reminder. It makes me understand that I need to quit complaining.

Made it most of my work day without cheating. I'm not a meal planner either.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #122
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

The legs reminder is a good one! I complain far too much about pain, Dallas & I were talking about what motivates us the other day when we ran together and he said that other people motivate him, that if they can overcome and do it, he can push himself to do more and go farther...then I ran stunned for a few minutes that my 16 year old son was so insightful.

Lisa, your kitties are adorable!!! I always used to think I was a dog person(I mean, I'm a petsitter after all!) but in recent years I've really become just as attached to my cats.

Hi Kim! Welcome back! I've only been around about a year, so it's nice to "meet" you!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #123
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Hi Kim!!! Good to see you back.

Oh Lisa, I couldn't feel you more on the kitty. My almost-11-year-old has had three bladder stone surgeries so far and a removed fecal impaction. I generally joke that I should just sign one month's pay over to the vet every year and be done with it. That and if you scratched her hard enough, there would be gold underneath. I love love love her, but it's so hard sometimes. Of course, then I go into tears even thinking about losing her, too.

So so sorry you won't be with us.

Nancy, next year you will just train to walk in the back with us. Walking. 15-16mm. Period.

Unfortunately, though, I may not get to make the Princess this year. FIL is not doing well at all, and we expect to get the end-is-near call any time in the next weeks, months at the most. At least Southwest will give me credit back for my tickets.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:38 PM   #124
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Kat -
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 PM   #125
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

Kat

Well, I made it through diet day 1. I'm grouchy and I want a Nutty Bar.

I have a plan for day 2 though.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #126
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Hi Kim. I just missed you! Welcome back.

Kat - +1

Lisa - We recently had Flick treated for hyperthyroidism. Yeah, that's a couple house payments. Worst part is while radioactive he was confined at the vet's. Isolation. He howled! They were glad to see him go. Cuddle your little guy.

Nancy - you should write personal ads.

Ronda
Old 01-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #127
goofyfan-12
BL II - Purple Team
The squats have really started to lift my butt

For Lisa

goofyfan-12 - aka Paula. I am a fan of Goofy and have been since I was a kid. Getting a picture with him at WDW is a must do for me.

Height: 5'-3" sigh...
Weight: 270. really sighing...
Personal Stats: Comng off of a crazy six months at work where we did the equivalent of 14 - 16 months of work in six. I am a construction project manager. Now I am just trying to ease back into normalcy.
Live in: Upstate, NY near Albany
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom!
But I am a sucker for: Toy Story Mania baby
Passions: cycling, knitting, baking (100 doz cookies every Christmas get baked)
Important to know: I may not win the race, but I will do my best to finish. I am slow and am ok with that. I really stink at managing stress. I took to eating my way through it this last six months and well...
Weight loss plan and goals: Following Jenny Craig (or Jenny as it is now called). Lost 80 pounds, gained back 50 and now working to get back to the 80 pounds lost so I can move on to the 100 pounds lost mark.
1981 - Contemproary Resort & Off Site; 1996 - Dixie Landings; 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort; 2008 - Saratoga Springs Resort; 2010 - Boardwalk Villas and the Princess 1/2 Marathon; 2012 surprise Disney Cruise!!!

Last edited by goofyfan-12; 01-18-2012 at 10:25 PM.
goofyfan-12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:19 PM   #128
goofyfan-12
BL II - Purple Team
The squats have really started to lift my butt

Where to start?

Lisa - sending you hugs for your kitty cat. I know how hard this can be. Hang in there.

Kat - you too. Hugs are on the way for peace.

Hi to all of the old friends and the new ones. I feel a bit like both given that I haven't been here much in the past year. My workaholic nature took over and the results have not been all good. I am trying to find some balance in my life again and I am going to need all the help I can get.

Karen - I feel your pain on the PF. My heels are killing me at the moment. Lots of rolling on a ball, new shoes and stretching. It is getting better but still not where I want it to be. Have fun on your trip and safe travels.

Rhi - welcome to the group. These are an amazing bunch of ladies.
1981 - Contemproary Resort & Off Site; 1996 - Dixie Landings; 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort; 2008 - Saratoga Springs Resort; 2010 - Boardwalk Villas and the Princess 1/2 Marathon; 2012 surprise Disney Cruise!!!
goofyfan-12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #129
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Kat - I'm so sorry.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #130
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

He's home for now. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were beyond blessed and lucky. They said no - he hasn't peed. And it was at closing. We came just to check again. Just got involved in the ins and outs of decisions with a vet - got talking and someone came flying out and said -

He peed!!!!!!!!!! And that meant home for the night.

So one last test result - procedures done for now - and should know more tomorrow - and possible surgery but he's home.

Thank you everyone. And Kat and Ronda - we all know it's not about money but I can tell you - with an open heart - that it DID help to vent and share around it all. Truly. Thank you.

Kat, both issues for him that you mentioned with your lovely - both - he's 13 and before today had been blessed with great health.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #131
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfan-12 View Post
Where to start?

Lisa - sending you hugs for your kitty cat. I know how hard this can be. Hang in there.

Kat - you too. Hugs are on the way for peace.

Hi to all of the old friends and the new ones. I feel a bit like both given that I haven't been here much in the past year. My workaholic nature took over and the results have not been all good. I am trying to find some balance in my life again and I am going to need all the help I can get.

Karen - I feel your pain on the PF. My heels are killing me at the moment. Lots of rolling on a ball, new shoes and stretching. It is getting better but still not where I want it to be. Have fun on your trip and safe travels.

Rhi - welcome to the group. These are an amazing bunch of ladies.
So happy to see you here again. And I was getting my begging all prepared.

Everyone - lots to comment on but wiped. Love to all.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #132
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfan-12 View Post
For Lisa

goofyfan-12 - aka Paula. I am a fan of Goofy and have been since I was a kid. Getting a picture with him at WDW is a must do for me.

Height: 5'-3" sigh...
Weight: 270. really sighing...
Personal Stats: Comng off of a crazy six months at work where we did the equivalent of 14 - 16 months of work in six. I am a construction project manager. Now I am just trying to ease back into normalcy.
Live in: Upstate, NY near Albany
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom!
But I am a sucker for: Toy Story Mania baby
Passions: cycling, knitting, baking (100 doz cookies every Christmas get baked)
Important to know: I may not win the race, but I will do my best to finish. I am slow and am ok with that. I really stink at managing stress. I took to eating my way through it this last six months and well...
Weight loss plan and goals: Following Jenny Craig (or Jenny as it is now called). Lost 80 pounds, gained back 50 and now working to get back to the 80 pounds lost so I can move on to the 100 pounds lost mark.
'

OMG, I totally missed this Paula. SO THRILLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge smile came across my face.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #133
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Paula- glad you are trying to find some balance, it's hard! My PF is worse today after running, not sure if I should stop running for a bit or just push through the pain? I was icing last night, that helped while sitting there, but walking...not so much.

Lisa! I'm so glad he's home! So, being the nosy petsitter that I am, will you tell me his symptoms? Urinary/bladder issue with no peeing? I'm sure they have tried special food and stuff, do you give him bottled water or tap? I had to get my kitties a fountain, it was the only way to get them to drink enough water. They love it though! I have no idea what your kitties issues are though, I'm no vet, I just like to play one.

I'm sorry you won't be making it to The Princess Kat.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #134
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Hi Kim, I'm Jo

Lisa I have a dog. A rottie, and it costs $250 just to walk into the vets office.
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #135
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Paula- glad you are trying to find some balance, it's hard! My PF is worse today after running, not sure if I should stop running for a bit or just push through the pain? I was icing last night, that helped while sitting there, but walking...not so much.

Lisa! I'm so glad he's home! So, being the nosy petsitter that I am, will you tell me his symptoms? Urinary/bladder issue with no peeing? I'm sure they have tried special food and stuff, do you give him bottled water or tap? I had to get my kitties a fountain, it was the only way to get them to drink enough water. They love it though! I have no idea what your kitties issues are though, I'm no vet, I just like to play one.

I'm sorry you won't be making it to The Princess Kat.
It's not for sure either way yet Karen - just the distinct possibility that the call we don't want to take will happen just before I am ready to leave. Or worse, during. He could rally again, too. We've been here with him before, and he has come back, but with stage IV congestive heart failure, eventually there will be no coming back. His symptoms are pretty bad this time, but who knows.

Kitty - Trinity has had bladder stones 3 times, and had them removed 3 times. She also has a kidney stone that they cannot remove, and occasionally has UTIs that put her into kidney failure, but a week or two of fluids and she has rebounded. The fecal impaction has happened 3 times as well. The first time we took her to the vet, and the other two, we have handled ourselves (she is a good kitty).

We have her on special food (and have since the first surgery), and we use DISTILLED water in her pet fountain as well as the carbon filter, etc. The vet was very specific about distilled as it will contain no impurities at all.

Of course, my other cat just drinks from the toilet! Usually with one paw in it...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: