Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #1171
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

I'll catch up with everyone soon - and reply and such.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #1172
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Hi, just checking in. We are hosting friends who are without power. It is just really sad and everywhere I turn, there is more.
I've been thinking of you Liz and following all your posts on FB. I just cannot imagine but I see so much beauty in all the horror, so many people reaching out to each other and so much kindness. Anyway, I'm so sorry and wanted you to know you and those of you in Jersey are on my mind!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2012, 06:28 AM   #1173
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

So I'm very very excited. Brian told me that as my birthday gift he's taking me to Universal for three days after our Disney trip so I can see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I've never been to Universal so he's pretty excited we'll experience it for the the first time together. Now we'll be down there November 29 to December 9!

My mom couldn't believe he didn't wait to tell me on my birthday but I'm glad he told me early so I could help with the planning.

My last trip December 2012 for my sister's Disney wedding!
poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #1174
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
So I'm very very excited. Brian told me that as my birthday gift he's taking me to Universal for three days after our Disney trip so I can see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I've never been to Universal so he's pretty excited we'll experience it for the the first time together. Now we'll be down there November 29 to December 9!

My mom couldn't believe he didn't wait to tell me on my birthday but I'm glad he told me early so I could help with the planning.
That is awesome Meg!
cantwaitvaca09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #1175
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Meg, so FUN!!! GREAT gift!!!! Okay, I will post my TR just for YOU.

Thanks for the good thoughts, ladies. We have a noreaster coming our way today. The general feeling is "B$tch, please!" We are just DONE with the weathern and what it brings.

So many don't have pwoer and now this will knock more people out. The families displaced, the ones cold, even the small things are hard. Stores are still running out of basics like bread and eggs and milk and while the gas rationing helps, there are always lines and the stations close when they run out.

Yes, my dad has power back, too, and while we do, not an hour goes by that I don't hear a new story. All people we know.

I'm just TIRED.

Today I will leave work early and maybe go home and sleep - although some people are probably coming over to get warm today. I don't begrudge that at all - I actually like people around - it's just that life here is so far from normal and it will take a while to get back to it and that wears on one. Schools are out until Monday and ours isn't sure they will have HEAT but hey, bundle the kids up and send them in - they already lost 2 weeks!

Em got to trick or treat on Monday, in the downtown, at stores, because it was canceled again for all the towns. I fought for her to go do something. I wanted something normal in her life. Nick took her. I sat on my couch and cried. That's so not how I parent, you know?

And she got to swim yesterday - the Y reopened finally. So that helps. Helps her and it helps me.

I need a nap!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #1176
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post

Thanks for the good thoughts, ladies. We have a noreaster coming our way today. The general feeling is "B$tch, please!" We are just DONE with the weathern and what it brings.

So many don't have pwoer and now this will knock more people out. The families displaced, the ones cold, even the small things are hard. Stores are still running out of basics like bread and eggs and milk and while the gas rationing helps, there are always lines and the stations close when they run out.

Yes, my dad has power back, too, and while we do, not an hour goes by that I don't hear a new story. All people we know.

I'm just TIRED.

Today I will leave work early and maybe go home and sleep - although some people are probably coming over to get warm today. I don't begrudge that at all - I actually like people around - it's just that life here is so far from normal and it will take a while to get back to it and that wears on one. Schools are out until Monday and ours isn't sure they will have HEAT but hey, bundle the kids up and send them in - they already lost 2 weeks!

Em got to trick or treat on Monday, in the downtown, at stores, because it was canceled again for all the towns. I fought for her to go do something. I wanted something normal in her life. Nick took her. I sat on my couch and cried. That's so not how I parent, you know?

And she got to swim yesterday - the Y reopened finally. So that helps. Helps her and it helps me.

I need a nap!
Love to you Liz.

On the bold - that is perfect parenting Liz. Letting Nick take over when you just can't. Men feel loved when they're needed and he was needed. Why? Because although he lost his MIL - you lost your beloved mother and then as you're trying to grieve your loss you've been hit with other losses - for your friends/your NJ *people* and their homes - with loss of power - of places that are your adolescent memories. You're not superwoman Liz. Pretty close but NOT. Nor should you try to be.

A wonderful mother uses some time away from her child to let out a myriad of emotions so that they don't seep out into her child's or husband's life in a way you don't want them to. Every mother needs to recharge. But a mother that has been through what you have in such a short time- well it's critical Liz. So love to you! . And good for you.

Stay safe tonight with the latest storm.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #1177
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Will be back to catch up. AGAIN.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #1178
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Getting into my car at bootcamp I dropped my 8lb weight on the top of my foot, I skidded into the curb driving home in the snow. (My snow tires aren't on yet of course.) It was a day filled with things like that. There's so much going on in the world that is worse then my petty problems but today I just can't deal with it. My bad work situation is just finally making me crack. And I'm sharing here because I feel like I can share that I'm cracking and no one will judge. I wish people would understand this is an exhausting line of work, you're on your feet all day, you have to chase around after little kids and deal with lots of yelling. If you can't deal with this at all you're probably in the wrong place and complaining to me all day, every day is not going to help either of us. Or maybe I'm in the wrong line of work because I love the children but I can't deal with the fact that there are so many lazy people!!

Sorry rant over. I just need some safe place to get some emotions out. I should go back to Universal research now, hard to be unhappy with something like that to look forward to.

I'm also going to have to decide if I'm doing the Princess soon before it closes. I regretted not doing it this year, I'm mental listing the reasons why and why not to do it.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #1179
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

I'm up 1.1 this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
We are doing it. Just some of us I am not going to say any names
are a little slow to register. But I think I have bugged them all enought that they all have done it as of last night. Lets hope so.
Good work JO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
We are doing it Lisa. And get this. At some point during our last Princess Adventure Weekend it was decided that we would also do the Royal Family 5K on Saturday. But, if that wasn't enough - this 5K? yeah. We are dressing up. In FAIRY COSTUMES

Definitely we are walking the 5K. Definitely. For me, personally, my hip won't allow me to run a 5K on Saturday and then complete a half marathon the next day. Plus, I did mention the whole "costume" thing, right? So, dear Lisa. My dear, dear, Lisa - what do you say? You want to join us for a leisurely stroll on a Saturday morning in February?
Good thing I have a wonderful memory.

Last year, you all said instead of the half you might not do it and do the 5K instead. NOT BOTH!

You've already proven you can do it. But I guess some of you just love running.

Nancy, I hate to be a mother but are you supposed to be training for a half? Are you? I know you're an adult and don't need another mother!

Thank you so much for the invite to run the 5k - I mean walk - NO. I only do destination walking and have zero interest. But what fun.

I won't start drama about me coming. It's absolutely ridiculous at this point. And if I don't - you know you guys would miss the UPDATES!!! You forget updating me is half the fun. But I'm on it and trying. I promise. And I don't want to discuss because it's ridiculous and dramatic at this point. (although I have had good reasons ).

Quote:
I thought about doing the 5k when I ran but decided not to do it. Love the fairy costume idea!! I love running in costume, don't know why.

Lisa- It's ok to laugh, its funny. I laugh at it myself. It's something I'm really thinking of learning in the spring. There's a triathlon at the lake I've grown up going to in New Hampshire and they say it's amazing so the idea is in my head.

Thank you for your reminder about nutrition. I try to really make sure to keep myself fueled and to listen to my body. I'm sure I could do better but I do what I can. My parents honestly try to keep an eye on it as well.

Liz- Thinking of all you down there.
I love running in costume, don't know why. I'm sorry - I loved that. It kind of sounded like a gay man who was in denial.

You're welcome Megan. I think tons of very focused athletes forget that the professional ones have so much looked after for them - massages, nutrition, supplements , ice baths.......

Ronda does ice baths. Ouch.

And I'm really excited to watch/follow your future races!!! Smiling.

Quote:
Getting into my car at bootcamp I dropped my 8lb weight on the top of my foot, I skidded into the curb driving home in the snow. (My snow tires aren't on yet of course.) It was a day filled with things like that. There's so much going on in the world that is worse then my petty problems but today I just can't deal with it. My bad work situation is just finally making me crack. And I'm sharing here because I feel like I can share that I'm cracking and no one will judge. I wish people would understand this is an exhausting line of work, you're on your feet all day, you have to chase around after little kids and deal with lots of yelling. If you can't deal with this at all you're probably in the wrong place and complaining to me all day, every day is not going to help either of us. Or maybe I'm in the wrong line of work because I love the children but I can't deal with the fact that there are so many lazy people!!

Sorry rant over. I just need some safe place to get some emotions out. I should go back to Universal research now, hard to be unhappy with something like that to look forward to.

I'm also going to have to decide if I'm doing the Princess soon before it closes. I regretted not doing it this year, I'm mental listing the reasons why and why not to do it.
A sh!tty day Megan. I know you adore kids. But I also know how disrespected you are financially and other ways. I know. There are other areas to touch kids' lives without some of the issues you face.

What is going on with your personal training? Update.

AND GO TO THE PRINCESS MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you feeling like you're almost breaking so to speak is probably simply your soul telling you changes are needed somewhere. So when it sucks - remember that.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 11-08-2012 at 06:53 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #1180
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Liz - I know you have way more important things to deal with - but when you come up for air - I still want you to post that Universal report.

EDIT: Whoops - I just noticed this -

Hope the latest storm didn't do too much damage. I hate to think of no power and cold. Sighing.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 11-08-2012 at 08:23 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #1181
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Hope Karen's having a wonderful time! She's there now, right?
Old 11-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #1182
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Nancy - did you get a lot of snow?

The sun actually decided to show itself today. Unreal. I have never ever seen a fall like this in my life. So strange to be so gloomy day after day. We always have many days of sun. So strange.

You see Sunday or Monday - we're all getting warm - maybe possible 65?????
Old 11-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #1183
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

Missed this - what fun! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #1184
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
I love running in costume, don't know why. I'm sorry - I loved that. It kind of sounded like a gay man who was in denial.
Maybe thats why I love running in costume, maybe I have an inner gay man.

Quote:
You're welcome Megan. I think tons of very focused athletes forget that the professional ones have so much looked after for them - massages, nutrition, supplements , ice baths.......
As time goes on it has become so much more important to me to not just work out but take care of these other things as well. Some days I do better with it then others. As for the ice baths... Ronda is crazy! Oh I'll ice, I'll ice half my body if I have to, but to sit in a bath of ice like the pros do... crazy!

Quote:
And I'm really excited to watch/follow your future races!!! Smiling.
Oh I feel like I've neglected you. I have a obstacle/mud run tomorrow! Not a big one, I believe it's a 5k with 20 obstacles. But I'm doing it with two girls I've known forever, we have matching shirts, nail polish, headbands... yup we're going to be ultra matching. I always think of you when I'm getting close to these races and during them.

Quote:
A sh!tty day Megan. I know you adore kids. But I also know how disrespected you are financially and other ways. I know. There are other areas to touch kids' lives without some of the issues you face.
You don't know what this means to me. Just to have someone understand. I've known for awhile that I need to do something different, to make a change. I just haven't figured out what that next step is. Some days I can just put the smile on my face and distract myself with the kids. This week has not been that easy. I know the universe is trying to push me to make some changes I just don't know what those changes are yet.

Quote:
What is going on with your personal training? Update.

AND GO TO THE PRINCESS MEGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You mean me getting my butt kicked every week? My body is changing, my weight has gone down a few pounds without me really going for a loss. I was brushing my teeth the other day and I was looking in the mirror and I kept trying to figure out if I was flexing while brushing or if it was really just my arms look like that now. I think it was that moment where I finally realized my body is changing. I always have a hard time realizing that this new body is really mine. I did the same thing when I lost weight, I need something to click in my brain. I'm not saying I'm all muscle yet but I see the switch happening in my body. I have about a week till I'm 31 and two weeks till I make an active attempt to PR a 5k. I don't know who this person is I've become. I'd like to tell the 25 year old me that it gets so much better, that 25 was rut and 30 is amazing.

Way more then you asked for I know. And the Princess, I'm going to have to decide soon. If it wasn't so much money I'd just register and say I'll see what happens.

So much more of a response then you asked for.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #1185
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Lisa- How was your walk to WW this week? I imagine pretty cold! I saw that it's going to warm up Sunday and Monday, I almost went into shock. I thought winter was just here for us, it'll be nice to have a little sun and warmth. Oh and I just remembered I said I'd share my archery story... I will do this tonight after work!

Nancy- How have you guys survived the snow? I know it created problems up here because the trees and such already took a hit from Sandy.

Liz- Post a TR when you can, I'd love to read it. (Obviously no rush.) I'm keeping up with you on facebook. Em looked great in her Halloween costume! So cute. It can be hard to keep up when your normal life changes or when I new normal is being shoved at you. It was good you sat and cried, those emotions are there and it is far worse if you try to push them aside. When you're dealing with so much there is no way of knowing how to do it, normal has gone out the window. I so admire your strength and how positive you remain but know that it's okay to not always be strong and positive. I'm thinking of you guys.

Okay ladies I'm off to get ready for work. Anyone have anything good planned this weekend?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: