Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #1156
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

I'm down 1.6

And have much to say. Will return.

Denise - STOP IT. None of this will matter when you're back at goal. And stop disrespecting lessons - gains are wonderful lessons in the end.

Okay I sound all aggressive.

Good for you for going back.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #1157
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
I'm down 1.6

And have much to say. Will return.

Denise - STOP IT. None of this will matter when you're back at goal. And stop disrespecting lessons - gains are wonderful lessons in the end.

Okay I sound all aggressive.

Good for you for going back.
Lisa you are on fire!! Down Again!!! WAY TO GO!!
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 05:48 PM   #1158
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Lisa you are on fire!! Down Again!!! WAY TO GO!!

Remember "NOW THAT'S A FIRE!".

You're probably too young Jo.

Thanks. I was actually sitting here thinking I do not like what this loss is doing to my face and a$$. I really prefer myself bigger in some ways. And I still want to lose thirty something. OH AGE.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #1159
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

I don't know where to start.

First, thank you Nancy, Megan and Karen - I really appreciated all your insights. It helped. Greatly.

Nancy, great extra thoughts. However, I'm monthly pass so I don't pay any membership/registration fees - I doubt they would do any promotion with monthly passes (could be wrong). But I thought that as well. So we're thinking alike.

So I'm staying for now.

I told Jean what you all said and I was still determined to go to online and get my money back and she said "why don't you try what I suggested?" . And I thought this is the year to broaden my mind and give other's thoughts and accomplishments and opinions and outcomes more respect. Hence even going to WW.

And I find myself saying "open up" around a lot of things these days.

So I'm staying for now and trying Jean's way of hanging on (I have the money for a couple of months really - it can be found) and then leaving if so be. My personality is if there is a possibility of leaving then I'm going NOW and controlling it first. And not being vulnerable to one day it's a stop.

Yes I'm really talking about WW.

So I'm staying for as long as I can.

Lovely meeting today - don't have it in me right now - my leader is hysterical. Why? She is ALL SHARP EDGES. And I find it very entertaining. Poor people that have just started and need some comfort.

AND I have never ever seen this before - I don't know if it's because I'm downtown but everyone at these meetings (I'm talking 95%) are small. It's unreal. Some come in on week one and I go "HUH?". Maybe I should open my mind.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 11-01-2012 at 08:43 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #1160
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
He actually got remarried this summer! Amazing, right?
OMG. OMG. What wonderful news.

I was actually thinking that but thought "no he's probably not".

As for the other - I think age in general brings one closer to the death penalty. I have always been against it and Texas has WAY TOO many racists - ie. way too many innocents put to death.

But I hear you Nancy.

I'm actually pretty sure I could kill those two *men* myself. I'm not being flippant. I think I could as horrific as that sounds. I'm sure I could find it somewhere in myself. I'm actually shocked that I'm typing that - I have a boatload of compassion for many issues in life. Honestly, I felt physically ill hearing about it - as I'm sure everyone did. I think many people can do horrific things in this world and sometimes they can take themselves down a road - because of their past/lack of this or that or stupidity and it can be a mistake that could have been stopped somehow. By someone in their lives at some point. By someone giving them what they really needed to heal.

But those two - different animal. EDIT: I think I know why I feel that. Many people have mental health issues and there not really *there* so to speak. These two seems SO lucid. I don't know how to explain it.

Yeah, it has to be five years. He will be forever on my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
I'm going to give you all permission to laugh... I don't know how to ride a bike. At all. My dad grew up in the city, we live on the top of a large hill... between the two he saw enough accidents that he felt we didn't need to learn. My brother end up teaching himself somewhere along the way then in turn taught my sister. I can swim... I was on a swim team every summer from 6 till 16. Obviously I can run. The idea of a triathlon has haunted me for awhile. I'm just not sure I can pick up riding well enough to do a tri. My friend's dad who does them thinks I could but I can't explain the sensation of trying to balance on a bike to someone who has been riding since they were a kid. It's very... odd.

Lisa- You asked what I was thinking on doing to up my athletics. I've over hauled my running schedule with my trainer which has been great but I find as much as I like that, I need to push myself in more then just running. I think the plan is to get the Insanity workouts to do in addition to my runs on run days. I'm going to try to challenge myself to do double workouts on those days. It'll be a challenge to be disciplined and hopefully it'll be a good added workout. I wish Tough Mudder and the races along those lines were more affordable, I'd do them all. I am trying to get signed up for more affordable mud/obstacle races. I'm doing an obstacle run and a 5k in November, a 5k in December and looking into longer races. (Not sure about that one in Florida, though I do have a four day park pass sitting here. Just not sure whats in my cards for that.) Oh and yoga... please don't judge but I love what yoga does for my body, I hate feeling like making sound is frowned upon. I'm not saying I will make noise but I hate feeling like if I make a noise people are judging. But I'm going to try to go more often, give my muscles a different workout. I guess I'm just craving more.

So let me catch up with all of you now that I've made this post about me....
Okay, I laughed.

Not in judgment really - just in visuals. Which I suppose IS judgmental. Smiling.

Megan honestly I think you should google adults who learned to ride and read those who did. Because I believe you would be a POWERHOUSE at triathlons. An absolute powerhouse.

I don't drive Megan. So it wasn't in judgment but laugh I did.

I'm all for doing more. But please remember big time athletes that do that - have people making sure they get this in their body or that to recover -for recovery. So be careful with overtraining. Getting sick easily or feeling *heavy* in the legs/body - big sign.

But otherwise very excited for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post

We have FOUR days!!!
OMG - I'm so excited!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see the pictures. Can you imagine YOU taking pictures of the Savanna. I can't wait.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 11-01-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #1161
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Kelly - get the he!! back here. I either want to sleep with Jeremy Irons or Rodrigo Borgia - I haven't decided as yet.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #1162
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

Also, Lisa. I've started this whole Thursday morning weigh-in business. Not because I wanted to, mind you - but because Mini-Minion is making me She caught me off guard last week. I was supposed to journal all week - I didn't. I was definitely more mindful about my food, but I only tracked 3 days out of the 7. Yesterday I made the decision to stop having my own personal pity party and get the he!! on with things. I tracked every crumb, and am feeling like I'm mentally ready to do this thing! Today I was shocked when I weighed in and lost 2 pounds. TWO WHOLE POUNDS.

Thanks Lisa. Thanks for being in my head so much - in a GOOD way [/COLOR]
OMG! So fantastic Nancy!

Denise, Nancy's small so two pounds off is huge.

And wonderful on the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Tracking works Nancy, it just does! yep...I had no freaking clue what you were talking about just 6 months ago when you were talking about tracking...now I think I'm an expert or something! I think it's like magic. I track, the scale moves.

!
Quote:
It IS magic!
I want to say something here. I agree. I've always agreed.

Karen, when we started (I came six months in) I was the lone wolf who didn't do tracking - so it was hard because everyone was into it.

But even then I said I know it works 100% but not for me.

I just want to say it's not the only way. The 50 pounds pre -ww that I've kept off and that have been kept off for years now - came off and stayed off with not one moment of tracking. I think it came off due to environment - walking city and honestly healing of myself (psychologically).

I'm not putting tracking down. I do it three times a week or so. But one has to be able to think that they will do it for life. Whatever you do now must be done or replaced with a another strong strategy after goal.

Everything for the hardest hurdle (maintaining goal) has to something that one can do for life. Every single week.

I know I'm sounding very negative just giving the other side.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 11-01-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #1163
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs1228 View Post
I am enjoying reading this thread - still trying to figure out who is who but mostly trying to get the motivation to lose weight! I did it today took the plunge and went back to WW and hated every minute of the thought of it! I have decided I am going to stop beating myself up and get going even though I still do not know how I could let myself put on 40 pounds in 5 years! Is it physiological or what walked out of WW meeting and all I could think about ALL DAY was FOOD Going walking tonight - my friend is really good about getting me going and we do a 1 hour walk at a decent pace. Need to get back on my elliptical and really work up a sweat but baby steps for now!

Lisa - Yes the money is motivation and to think I was going for free for years and now back to the paying.......

Nancy - The storm here was not so bad last years storm for us was awful - 7 days without power and about 12,000.00 in damages from trees landing on our pool and all over the yard. What part of Ct are you from? I am about 20 minutes east of Hartford.

Gotta run for now thank you all for making me feel welcomed!
Listen Denise - let it go - really - you could flip your story around and it would be so positive - really. First, some compassion. Nancy, Erika (who they call E) and I all know about this age. *Some* of that weight came on because it's so much harder mid-forties. Good for you taking charge.

And the thinking about food that's why I never did tracking. I do better not thinking about food and it's composition. Just me. Just how much I love it. Everyone is different. The three days is okay though for me not get food centric. I promised myself years and years and years ago that I would stay heavy rather than not eat foods that I ADORE. So I still do that. I eat everything. (I know many do - it's just a big deal to me to LOVE food still)

Yeah for doing okay through Sandy. It's awful to see.

--------------------

Love to you Liz. Thinking about you all the time.

Quote:

And yoga. I know I should be doing more yoga. I think that is one of the most under-rated forms of exercise there is going. Thankfully more and more people seem to be embracing it, but it's been hard to convince some people of yoga's benefits.

Yep. Bang on. Another wonderful thing that's not for me. But boy do I respect it. My brain could use it.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #1164
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

I think I'll go eat. Something yummy.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #1165
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Hey! Are you guys not doing the Princess? I've heard no chatter and I found out that they are at 80% now.

Nancy, if you're talking to Liz - please send my love. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:15 AM   #1166
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey! Are you guys not doing the Princess? I've heard no chatter and I found out that they are at 80% now.

We are doing it. Just some of us I am not going to say any names
are a little slow to register. But I think I have bugged them all enought that they all have done it as of last night. Lets hope so.
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #1167
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:

We are doing it Lisa. And get this. At some point during our last Princess Adventure Weekend it was decided that we would also do the Royal Family 5K on Saturday. But, if that wasn't enough - this 5K? yeah. We are dressing up. In FAIRY COSTUMES

Definitely we are walking the 5K. Definitely. For me, personally, my hip won't allow me to run a 5K on Saturday and then complete a half marathon the next day. Plus, I did mention the whole "costume" thing, right? So, dear Lisa. My dear, dear, Lisa - what do you say? You want to join us for a leisurely stroll on a Saturday morning in February?
Old 11-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #1168
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Hi, just checking in. We are hosting friends who are without power. It is just really sad and everywhere I turn, there is more.

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #1169
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But, if that wasn't enough - this 5K? yeah. We are dressing up. In FAIRY COSTUMES
I thought about doing the 5k when I ran but decided not to do it. Love the fairy costume idea!! I love running in costume, don't know why.

Lisa- It's ok to laugh, its funny. I laugh at it myself. It's something I'm really thinking of learning in the spring. There's a triathlon at the lake I've grown up going to in New Hampshire and they say it's amazing so the idea is in my head.

Thank you for your reminder about nutrition. I try to really make sure to keep myself fueled and to listen to my body. I'm sure I could do better but I do what I can. My parents honestly try to keep an eye on it as well.

Liz- Thinking of all you down there.

My last trip December 2012 for my sister's Disney wedding!
poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #1170
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Hi, just checking in. We are hosting friends who are without power. It is just really sad and everywhere I turn, there is more.
Liz, I'm so sorry and please know you are on my mind all the time. I know that with everything - your mom and missing her and the suffering going on there - well it's a lot when you read every day things - I honestly get that Liz - not what New Jersey and New York and other areas are going through - obviously - but the feeling of *shut the eff up* going on in my head after deaths around me. But please know you're on my mind every day.

And I really feel - although I know you are all happy to be not hurt physically - the loss of your places of memories and childhood and such.

I adored the wedding stories - a light in everything.

AND what you wrote above is the lovely of the ugly. Taking in friends.

Love to you. Your father?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: