Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #1051
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

I've read but I'm zonked from yesterday. Absolutely zonked! (so have much to say to everyone but it will have to be later) (And Erika! Jean brought mail up and I'm telling you - day from he!! so PERFECT DAY to arrive - made me smile and smile)

So are you ready?

Are you SURE you're ready?

I'm down 7.2 this week. That's like three sizes for the Pipsqueak. Or almost goal for MCK! Or below goal for Nancy? ...............

There is such a story here. Do not take it in for a minute. Is that not BEYOND RIDICULOUS? Is the scale not the most ridiculous little sh!t on the planet? (Has to do with the pound gained last week being ridiculous too).

And Nancy - on Wizard of Oz. Do you really not know which quote I would throw at you?

So BIG story here around all this - but my father deciding - he actually said YES through crying and then changed his mind. WIPED. Maybe tonight or tomorrow I'll type out the funnies of weight. Oh and it's Thanksgiving here - YUM.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #1052
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Kelly - I'm SO curious how your body is reading Kelly the gym rat a la scale. Don't make me nuts with curiosity.
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #1053
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

And Arnold's here. Oh joy.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #1054
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
And Nancy - on Wizard of Oz. Do you really not know which quote I would throw at you?
Run, Toto, Run!? Follow the Yellow Brick Road??? Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain??!? Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking?

Weight loss. 7.2 pounds? Holy moly woman. I want the story. I'd have to chop my arm off to lose that much in one week!

Last edited by AKASnowWhite; 10-04-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: seriously - running out of quotes here....
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #1055
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
Run, Toto, Run!? Follow the Yellow Brick Road??? Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain??!? Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking?

Weight loss. 7.2 pounds? Holy moly woman. I want the story. I'd have to chop my arm off to lose that much in one week!
on BOTH.

YOU ALWAYS HAD IT - YOU ALWAYS HAD THE POWER.

But I so have enjoyed your memory of wonderful lines - Drat you and your little dog Toto. How about a little fire, Scarecrow?

__________________________________________________ _

Megan - let's not be ridiculous. No personal trainer anywhere is anything special beyond YOU. They just wanted it and went for it.

Very excited for you!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #1056
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

Oh God - I don't even know where to begin!

Let's start with WEIGHT WATCHERS.

I joined a couple of weeks ago. Let's all laugh.

I didn't want to say anything because my thoughts were with Liz - still are Liz - and you know.

I don't even know what to type here. Okay, so I only signed up for accountability. I had zero interest in WW as a choice but totally and I mean TOTALLY respect it.

Jennifer Hudson has been inspiring to me since I shake my head that she simply stands up every day. So she's been getting to me.

Okay I'll continue on the next post.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 10-04-2012 at 07:47 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #1057
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

So I was going merely to have the accountability only - a regular weigh in. AND my closest meeting is close- by streetcar mere minutes BUT is a 45 walk. So I'm like - hmmm - an hour and a half walk. So here we have accountability and a destination walk which I love. And I haven't had as much since my new condo is further from my regular 20 minutes destinations downtown. It's downtown but tucked in so to speak.

BUT here was my block. I'm not going to pay money and not even be eligible for LIFETIME. You know me all of us can lose weight but keeping it off is all I care about. My goal would be off their charts AND you have to be two pounds. That's insane - two pounds. Two pounds can be a friggin' hiccup.

And I was all "but I've lost most of my weight and kept it off" from not being accountable. The 50 I lost over years and it has stayed off. But I've bounced the more accountable last 20/25 back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. So I had to get over myself and know for whatever reason - age - the operation - unknown - my past actions were not working.

So I went in the first week and asked about LIFETIME. They must have thought "what?"

And she explained that you never lose it. I thought you went over two and poof.

And that they work with you re: two pounds during the six weeks - they don't show you the door.

And that WW will not hassle you if your doctor says higher LIFETIME is okay. Shaking my head - my doctor is a black male - here's hoping. But I don't know him well at all since I never go so crossing my fingers when the time comes.

Okay, new post.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 10-04-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #1058
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

So I tried really hard to open my mind to tracking - for all of you. I tried. I tracked the entire first week. It almost killed me.

So I go in after the first week. First weigh in. I feel smaller. Can feel it. Like honestly feel it. And she says "you want to take that shawl off?".

And I go NO.

She asks again.

And I go NO.

I'm up one pound. I'm not alluding this has to do with WW. It doesn't. The shawl ended up to weigh more than a pound but who cares. Laughing - I actually checked when I got home. So funny.

And it was a beautiful moment. They ALL cared that I gained the first week. in the "it's okay - don't worry - wonder what she did? etc:"

I didn't. I didn't care about it. Thought it was amusing. Thought I don't want to take my shawl off so that I can be *OKAY*. I am okay.

Paula, get a$$ back here. This is a lot to do with you.

I didn't care. I knew it was off. I knew I felt smaller.

The leader said she too gained her first week and said because she probably had thirty last suppers before her first week that caught up.

And I knew that wasn't me either. And didn't feel the need to say so either.

What a breakthrough. I'm not caring about a gain. I know this week at WW was not special. I had no last suppers. OMG - that wouldn't have even occurred to me!!! What an insight.

And I realized that my brain is becoming more and more rational. The only thing I've ever wanted as much a goal. Actually I believe I want it more.

So this 7.2 is really 6.2 in two weeks in the end - I knew the plus one the first week was off.

But 6.2 for two weeks is weird too. But it's probably just been lingering and walking/water sparked it.

Or maybe I'll find out next week that it wasn't 100% - probably with Thanksgiving too. But who cares.

So tracking. I still don't know how you guys do it. I didn't do it most of last week and probably won't do it regularly. But I'm addicted to etools. Great, another addiction. I plug in some foods and go *interesting*.

So that's all I can write for now. Or more than you all care.

Can you imagine I'm sitting there like a fraud when they talk points and tracking. Oh well. I respect it BIG TIME.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 10-04-2012 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #1059
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Oh Megan - also - fantastic on the maintain - I don't think I've ever had that on that week. Good for you.

Kelly - you're asleep now. Grrrr.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #1060
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
:YOU ALWAYS HAD IT - YOU ALWAYS HAD THE POWER.

But I so have enjoyed your memory of wonderful lines - Drat you and your little dog Toto. How about a little fire, Scarecrow?
And here I was going to say "Don't be silly Toto, Scarecrows don't talk" and "are you a good witch or a bad witch?" "I'm not a witch at all - I'm from Kansas"

Quote:
Paula, get a$$ back here. This is a lot to do with you.

WORD!

So awesome about WW! It really works. I swear by it. But my head is just not in the game right now And I'm too stubborn to go to an actual meeting. <sigh>
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #1061
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
And here I was going to say "Don't be silly Toto, Scarecrows don't talk" and "are you a good witch or a bad witch?" "I'm not a witch at all - I'm from Kansas"

WORD!

So awesome about WW! It really works. I swear by it. But my head is just not in the game right now And I'm too stubborn to go to an actual meeting. <sigh>
I'm not a witch at all - I'm from Kansas.

Reminds me of I'm not a witch - I'm your wife.

Of course WW is wonderful - look at you guys. I don't get it - aren't you lifetime, Nancy?

Tell me where you're at with everything. 10?
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #1062
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Lisa. You joined WW??? LISA. This is like coming to NYC and NOT CALLING.

Bad Lisa!

I'm kidding. But not about NYC.

Hey, this smiley is totally E!

Anyhoo, way to go, Lisa, or as we say in WW weigh to go! Jennifer Hudson is too skinny now, no?

Re your mom. I'm just holding my breath for you. I have no words just going ohmygodhelp over and over again. I think that works.

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:36 PM   #1063
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh - and Meg - we're going to Vermont this weekend! It's parents weekend at Norwich. Saturday afternoon we're going to the Magic Hat Brewery
Um so you do realize that Magic Hat is only about a half hour away from Brian's house, where I will be this weekend. (And it's right around the corner from the Lake Champlain chocolate factory store, if you like chocolates.)

Too sleepy to respond to the rest but I will do so in the morning!

My last trip December 2012 for my sister's Disney wedding!
poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #1064
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

WOW. Way to go Lisa on the loss.

That is awesome!
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #1065
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Hello and Happy Saturday! I am off to visit my dad's house and apparently I am charged with emptying my mom's closet and sorting through all her jewelry. Doesn't that sound not fun at all?

Hope you are all enjoying a nice fall day!!!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: