Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2012, 11:10 AM   #1036
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Thank you Jo - but I've said it before no one is going to watch a young man die and that's what he would have done - I believe. But of course - you're a mother - so the choices would have been a lot more difficult. The children - their children - made the choice very easy. And Nathan has a long road ahead still. He's decided to have pancreatic transplant as his type I diabetes did this to his kidneys. And that's one serious transplant. Sighing.

Jean is THRILLED about her role. She's this woman who has a head injury and is a cab driver : And that's all I'm allowed to know. Oh she has a white sister. The play is called BEDTIME STORIES (she's Yolanda). But I've stopped myself from reading up. I do know her lines - because I've practised (MKK I think of you every time I type these! Smiling. )them with her - but they make no sense to me out of context.

So days full of tremendous pain and joy. First my niece is pregnant again so I'm going to be a Great Aunt again. (I had to hold my joy for her and watch my voice since my father had just phoned an hour before with news below and there was no reason to let her know since my father's decision was not made - plus didn't want to let pain into her joy (as long as it can be kept).

EDITED: My mom has just been called for a opening in a home and my father has 24 hours to make the decision. And there's a tremendous amount of pain around it all.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 10-03-2012 at 05:46 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #1037
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Lisa- my heart goes out to you and your father. There are no words I can offer that will change things and really whatever emotions you are feeling you should let yourself feel. Just know we are all here for you.

My last trip December 2012 for my sister's Disney wedding!
poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #1039
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post

Me? Yeah, my crown is tarnished and collecting dust....time to work on that!
<digs thru closet, looks under bed> crown. Crown. I know I had one somewhere? What in the blazes did I do with that crown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
a rational mind is one of the most successful factors in keeping weight - or should I say SIZE - off.
A rational mind! That's what I've been missing

Quote:
AND Jean has her theatrical debut this week. And is beyond thrilled. I forgot all this time to say that. Community theatre.
You *forgot* to mention Jean's performing in the theatre? FORGOT? You're killing me. You know that right?

Becca is starting rehearsals tonight for Cheaper By the Dozen. She got the role of the mother. She's taking her American Girl Bitty-Baby doll with her to rehearsal. because she has an infant.

---------

Lisa - I wish there were magical words that could make everything *right* in the world again. It's so, so hard. On so many levels. Supporting your dad is probably one of the most important things you can do. He'll need it. You'll need it too.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #1040
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

thank you for listening to my emotions. As I know you both understand. It helped.

He went with her and toured the one that came up and hated it - the room - everything. And decided no - he couldn't do it.

So different worries because he's stubborn to get help from his friends. My parents have the social life of twenty year olds - if one friend did an hour or two a month times whatever - that would help.

Anyway, he is going to get more respite for now. He has other options - more day program hours.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 10-03-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #1041
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Wait - when did my Nancy sneak in here.

Must have been while I was on the phone with my father. I'm going to see what you said. I'm sure you're thrilled. (well that came out wrong! - my head - I mean aren't you thrilled I'm going to run on over and read ya!).

Laughing. Don't even try to follow.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 10-03-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:11 PM   #1042
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
<digs thru closet, looks under bed> crown. Crown. I know I had one somewhere? What in the blazes did I do with that crown?

You *forgot* to mention Jean's performing in the theatre? FORGOT? You're killing me. You know that right?

Becca is starting rehearsals tonight for Cheaper By the Dozen. She got the role of the mother. She's taking her American Girl Bitty-Baby doll with her to rehearsal. because she has an infant.

---------

Lisa - I wish there were magical words that could make everything *right* in the world again. It's so, so hard. On so many levels. Supporting your dad is probably one of the most important things you can do. He'll need it. You'll need it too.
OMG!!!! MCK!!!! (who I keep calling MKK ) - get over here. Nancy's gone British or Canadian. Check her spelling.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #1043
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

---------

Becca - one day I must see her perform! Should I see her first and meet you later?

Yes Jean has been taking some acting courses for about a year or so. She was quite focused in her youth (with wanting to pursue)

Anyway, she reclaimed it when I sent her parts of that awkward musical Grey's Anatomy (loved some of it - meaning Sara Ramirez) and she LOVES Callie. As in stalker love. So she played her parts over and over and over and then all scenes over years with her and acting was back! Yeah Jean!

So she premieres tomorrow - last rehearsal right now. I'm going to two performances but not opening night - I want her to feel free. Everyone that is coming was told *do not tell me when you're coming*.

Don't make me quote WIZARD OF OZ with your crown missy!!!!! You know the line, right? I told you I was the witch in that, eh?

Thanks Nancy. You're so right. And he's so hard to support. I'm actually laughing. (YEAH FOR THAT!!!) I can't even explain to you. But I do regardless of course. But it's like running up this hill over and over.

Okay - tomorrow I have some news for you all when I weigh-in. Big stories. Liz needs to get back for this!

Last edited by lisaviolet; 10-03-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:43 PM   #1044
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Hugs Lisa to you and your dad..

Oh man. You called out Liz.
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #1045
AKASnowWhite

Quote:
OMG!!!! MCK!!!! (who I keep calling MKK ) - get over here. Nancy's gone British or Canadian. Check her spelling.
it's just classier! lol

Quote:
Don't make me quote WIZARD OF OZ with your crown missy!!!!! You know the line, right? I told you I was the witch in that, eh?

hmmm....there's no place like home? If I only had a brain? I'll get you my pretty and your little dog too?

Okay - tomorrow I have some news for you all when I weigh-in. Big stories. Liz needs to get back for this!
I need to join your Thursday morning weigh ins. Really.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #1046
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

So I have two things to share tonight.

First, I'm in love, love with my new sneakers. I got New Balance minimus, if you couldn't guess they are minimalist sneakers. I've had some issues with my feet and I went to my trainer to talk to her about it. She told me Nike(which is what I had been wearing) was probably going to be tough for me. She suggested a more minimalist sneaker and so I tried on a few and loved these. I've been wearing them for a little over a week now and they are just amazing. I'd resisted the minimalist movement but I have to say these sneakers work perfectly for me.

My other big news is... I will be working part time as an assistant to my trainer. No not doing any class related things. She and her partner (business partner that is) have one fitness studio, they are working on a second. They new someone to enter new clients into their data base, keep their facebook page for them, help them out with tasks around the studio. We're still working out details but they want me to come on board, its more a matter of making it work for the three of us. I'm psyched because they are both great people, obviously I love the work they do and I could definitely use the extra money. I guess I probably could have just not picked up a second job and kept a few nights a week for myself but where's the fun in that?

Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #1047
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
So I have two things to share tonight.

First, I'm in love, love with my new sneakers. I got New Balance minimus, if you couldn't guess they are minimalist sneakers. I've had some issues with my feet and I went to my trainer to talk to her about it. She told me Nike(which is what I had been wearing) was probably going to be tough for me. She suggested a more minimalist sneaker and so I tried on a few and loved these. I've been wearing them for a little over a week now and they are just amazing. I'd resisted the minimalist movement but I have to say these sneakers work perfectly for me.

My other big news is... I will be working part time as an assistant to my trainer. No not doing any class related things. She and her partner (business partner that is) have one fitness studio, they are working on a second. They new someone to enter new clients into their data base, keep their facebook page for them, help them out with tasks around the studio. We're still working out details but they want me to come on board, its more a matter of making it work for the three of us. I'm psyched because they are both great people, obviously I love the work they do and I could definitely use the extra money. I guess I probably could have just not picked up a second job and kept a few nights a week for myself but where's the fun in that?
Yay for happy feet Meg.
Thats cool on the part time job. Have you ever thought of becoming a personal trainer? I think you would be good at it.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:42 AM   #1048
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

So my weight is exactly the same as last week and this is awesome. I tend to go up when its... the time of the month(tmi) but I didn't this time. And while I figure I'll be dropping some weight on the way to my new body I don't intend on having it fall off all real fast. Plus my favorite workout pants were a little loose and so were a pair of underwear. So all points in the win column for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Have you ever thought of becoming a personal trainer? I think you would be good at it.
Thanks Jo! You're actually the third person to mention it to me this week. My mom has once again started telling me she thinks I should become one. Also a girl at my boot camp mentioned it as well.

I've looked into it a bit, especially where I've wanted to go back to school anyways. I think the only reason I haven't started the process to do this is because it doesn't seem like it's possible that me of all people can become a personal trainer. I don't know, it's definitely been on my mind.

I hope everyone has a great day, it's almost Friday!

Old 10-04-2012, 06:48 AM   #1049
AKASnowWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post

I've looked into it a bit, especially where I've wanted to go back to school anyways. I think the only reason I haven't started the process to do this is because it doesn't seem like it's possible that me of all people can become a personal trainer. I don't know, it's definitely been on my mind.
um, remember that time we ran a half marathon together? yeah. You've got what it takes. Trust me.

Oh - and Meg - we're going to Vermont this weekend! It's parents weekend at Norwich. Saturday afternoon we're going to the Magic Hat Brewery
Old 10-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #1050
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
um, remember that time we ran a half marathon together? yeah. You've got what it takes. Trust me.

Oh - and Meg - we're going to Vermont this weekend! It's parents weekend at Norwich. Saturday afternoon we're going to the Magic Hat Brewery
Meg I so agree that you are SO SO SO SO cut out to be a trainer!
YOU CAN DO IT!

Nancy, Craigs likes Magic Hat Beer, I did not know it was from Vermont.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: