Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #91
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
Yoga and running are a great mix. Coming from the avowed non-hippie over here, too.

I also very much appreciate that you used "really nice" instead of "real nice".

I need to stop weighing every day (Hi Lisa!) but I am down almost 12 lbs since Jan 4th. Gotta love the getting rid of water weight effect!

My leg is a lot better and I am hoping to start walking again sometime late this week.
Yay for the leg getting better! AND, congrats on the 12 pounds! Wow! Who cares WHAT kind of weight it is, it's poundage and I'm sure not all water!

oh and I went to look up how to pronounce Plantar Fasciitis and when I told my son he laughed and laughed, saying he could make up words too. It does sound pretty funny when you say it out loud.

I'm clearly procrastinating this morning. I don't want to clean!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #92
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Oh and another thing! (can you tell this is a quiet day for me with nothing on the calendar?!!?)

I have Plantar Fasciitis, or a mild case of it. Right now you are saying to yourself..."is there anything NOT wrong with Karen?" BUT, this may sound crazy, I'm actually glad! Well, not glad that I'm having heel pain, but it was REALLY nice to actually start searching for a reason for pain and find the answer! MUCH better than trying to find out what is causing pain and not finding anything or any way to fix it. So, it was really nice to see that other people have had this pain and find stretches and shoe recommendations to help! My shoes are about ready to be replaced, so after the trip I'll get some new ones that help support my arch better. I am thinking of doing some yoga on off days, haven't done it in a couple years...but thought that yoga and running weren't a great mix. Any opinions on that?

HA! Beat THAT ramble Lisa...I know you can, C'mon, don't make me talk to myself like a fool here.
My boyfriend has plantar fasciitis, and he was told two things that could help him out- those silly looking Strassburg socks (which he said no to, based on cost-- but I don't think he wanted me making fun of him) and using a foam roller. He'll roll his leg muscles and when he's sitting down watching TV or playing video games, he'll put it under his foot and roll the bottom of his feet. He says the foam roller has really helped over the few months he's been doing it.

I swear by a combination of Biofreeze (the original, not the new stuff you get at expos) and foam rollers for just about anything.... it's seriously my duct tape. But that might be why all these other random things are popping up.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #93
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

I'm starting over new. I'm going back to my higher protein and lower bad carb diet (just the bad ones, keeping the good ones). I'm sick of feeling dizzy and like I'm living outside of my body. That's what my insulin issues do to me. I hate it and I am angry at myself for getting back into my old habits. I went so long without having issues and now, it's almost daily. Turning over a new leaf, don't even care what the scale says. I just want to have energy again.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #94
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Waahoo! I've gotten reservations for the Wishes Dessert party for my upcoming spring break trip! My brother and I are again taking his two kids, 10 and 8 to WDW over spring break. I did the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party last weekend and was sold! Reservations for March finally opened up today!

Not having to defend a seat is going to be fantastic!

Ronda
Old 01-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #95
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

EE - go with what makes you feel good. Knowing what IT is gives you a huge advantage.

Ronda
Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #96
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
oh and I went to look up how to pronounce Plantar Fasciitis and when I told my son he laughed and laughed, saying he could make up words too. It does sound pretty funny when you say it out loud.
Oh Karen. I had P.F. before and I wouldn't wish that on anyone! Painful only begins to describe it. Here are some things that I had to do as part of my therapy.

Foam rollers are great, but you can also roll your foot on a tennis ball or, even better, a frozen water bottle.

Put a small towel (like a hand towel or a dish towel size) on the floor and using your toes "scrunch" the towel in toward you.

Take advil to reduce the inflammation.

Before you get out of bed in the morning, take a few moments to wiggle all your toes, roll your ankle and just generally get a decent stretch going on before you stand up.

Shoes. Probably the most important! Good shoes are a must. Insoles help a ton! I didn't end up with custom orthodics which can be super pricey. I use some by New Balance.

Also - with shoes. Avoid flip-flops, clogs, etc - anything that doesn't have a back to it. Whether you realize it or not, your toes are "gripping" putting more stress on your ligaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsrtw View Post
I'm starting over new. I'm going back to my higher protein and lower bad carb diet (just the bad ones, keeping the good ones). I'm sick of feeling dizzy and like I'm living outside of my body. That's what my insulin issues do to me. I hate it and I am angry at myself for getting back into my old habits. I went so long without having issues and now, it's almost daily. Turning over a new leaf, don't even care what the scale says. I just want to have energy again.
I want you to feel better too, EE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post
Waahoo! I've gotten reservations for the Wishes Dessert party for my upcoming spring break trip! My brother and I are again taking his two kids, 10 and 8 to WDW over spring break. I did the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party last weekend and was sold! Reservations for March finally opened up today!

Not having to defend a seat is going to be fantastic!

Ronda
Awesome Ronda! That's so exciting!

Wait. When in March are you going to be there?
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #97
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks Nancy! I have been doing some exercises, and stretched before getting out of bed, but still hobbling around. It's actually WORSE when I'm inactive? I guess b/c the ligaments are tightening up? Anyway, I don't feel it much when running, although I can feel my calves are tight, which is strange and new, maybe I need new shoes or something? Not sure what has changed to bring on the PF, but I have run outside more than normal (used to only train on the TM)? Maybe that is changing how I'm running and causing it.

OMG, 9 days until Disney! I don't even know what to do with myself!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #98
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Karen - good luck with the PF. Does it bother you when walking? They say the worst is when your feet first hit the floor in the morning. Keep moving. Are you going to do a live TR?!!?

Nancy - we'll be there 3/18-24. Is Becca tripping then? I'm also planning to book the Beachcomber Shack at Typhoon Lagoon. Shade for Aunt Ronda makes the day last longer. I slipped up last year. We didn't get the water parks and more with their hoppers. WHAT A DEAL! They loved TL and BB will be open this year, too. DNephew was so bummed about BB being closed for refurb last year. Bro and I may play golf, too. Surely they'll rent clubs?

Ronda

Last edited by Ronda93; 01-18-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Ronda93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #99
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Ronda, yes, it hurts walking and lots in the morning. The more I keep moving, the better it is! I ran 3 miles on the TM this morning and I was a little sore, but WAY more sore after sitting in the car on the way home, not moving. So I guess I could just keep moving indefinitely!

I will most likely do FB updates and pics throughout the trip, but the BIG TR will come when I get back! There's just not enough time for me to ramble on about the trip during the trip!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #100
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post
Nancy - we'll be there 3/18-24.
We are there 3/19 - 3/26!

Karen! You are there NEXT WEEK!!!!
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #101
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Hi all posting from my kindle, Rhi duck tape?
KAREN where r u staying?
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #102
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

I didn't plan much at all today. Breakfast was coffee and a pure protein bar. I've also managed to choke down a bottle of water. I. Grumble grumble.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #103
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Hi all posting from my kindle, Rhi duck tape?
KAREN where r u staying?
We're staying at POP! (with free dining)
Old 01-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #104
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

Karen - we enjoyed Pop last summer. Steps away from a pool.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #105
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are there 3/19 - 3/26!
Cool! It would be great to meet IRL. We're staying at Bonnet Creek Resort. Tried it last year and it cannot be beat for location and value. Is this a band trip, too?

I think the Princess is off the table. DGF and I want to go someplace really warm and February looks like the month to do it. Thinking Puerto Rico.

Ronda

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: