Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #976
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

So I got pretty wiped out by being sick. I had a fever for days and my allergies decided to kick in as well. Yesterday was the first day I'd say I was functioning as myself. This has been one of the worst starts to the school year in terms of illness.

I know a lot of you are going thru hard times with family being sick, I don't want to offer advice as much as I want to say how amazing you all are. I can't say anything you guys don't already know but I lost my grandfather after he suffered the affects of a stoke and dementia for 10 years so I know the struggle. We're always here to listen to you vent or even remember the good times.

Amy- I saw on facebook you signed up for Tough Mudder. I'm so excited for you! I went thru the same thing with boot camp that you mentioned... my weight loss often comes to a stand still but I feel more toned. I think that's the great thing I've noticed about boot camp for me, even if the number isn't going down I'm getting stronger. When I went up in the weights I was using at boot camp was when I stopped making the scale my only focus.

Kelly- That's so cool that you can raise money for any charity you like. I think 12 months is a long time but in a way that's great because you can set plenty of mini goals along the way.

Lisa- Hi!!!

Liz- How is school going for Emily? How are you?

So I just registered for the Rebel Run, another mud/obstacle type run. It's in November so the weather might be a factor depending on how cold it gets then but either way I'm running with two girl friends and so looking forward to it. I'm also going to run a 5k that I run every Thanksgiving but I'm going to try to drop a minute off last years time. That's a lot but I'm totally focused on this goal now. Weight loss is secondary right now to getting in shape and fast for this race.

I will share wedding details soon and I'll share pictures from the Disney themed shower I threw Sunday but right now I think I need a wedding break. lol

poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #977
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Hellllooooo ladies!!!! Can't believe I'm actually able to steal a few minutes to touch base again. So here's the five minute update from the tropics:

Liz/Lisa-I'm not usually one to give advice nor am I so good at words of wisdom. But I have been told I have great crying shoulders and they are at your disposal any time!!

In the big picture of life, the last thing I need to be doing is b**ching about a bum knee, but please indulge me for just a moment... T minus 51 days until the W&D Half and I have no idea what is going on with it! I can get about 2-3 miles in and pain slowly starts creeping across my knee cap until I just can't step on it unless I stop and massage the poo out of it for a minute. That keeps me going for another mile when I have to stop and do it all over again. I am going to the ortho today, so hopefully he'll give me good news. Sounds like we could all use a little cheering up!

I had to put school on hold AGAIN. I was thinking my work would reimburse me for my tuition, but the powers that be determined psychology is not related to my job. Little do they know! So until I can be sure that I can keep putting money away from my big trip to Italy next year, I put the learning on hold. Needless to say, I was quite angry, but what can you do?

As I seem to be able to get on Facebook more often than here, PLEASE send me info so I can friend you guys!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #978
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
Hey ladies, I will try to catch up. I'm day five of being sick and I think my fever is finally gone! So I will be back.
Oh sucks Megan. Hope you're all better - yes, I could merely keep reading down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGalUK View Post
Hope you're feeling better Meg!

So, I'm back and I mean business!

1) Me and DH are joining a gym at the end of the month. His job is to find one for us that has lots of treadmills, which leads me on to number...

2) We have signed up for a 10k run next year. I know, 12 months is a long time away but this is a really great run that gets booked up really quickly. Its the Bupa Great Yorkshire Run. You can raise money for any charity you like. Mine is for the Alzheimer's Society

3) I am 10lbs over what I want to be. This WILL change.

4) I am currently rocking the water consumption!

Hope everyone is well
Back in business. You have to give me the goods. So what is up? You're still doing WW - online/meetings? Goods MCK. GOODS. Every single time I talk to you now I get that annoying little man's face in my head. He better not touch my closet. I'll drop kick him. Stronger, faster....

Kelly, I had no one with me last time and that just sucked. So I'll go back on with you and do Thursdays. Do you have day? Or maybe I should ask first! Laughing, do you even want a day here to weigh in. Maybe not.

I'm feeling great mentally - around all this I mean. I've accepted me a lot more. I've kept off all the weight I lost over YEARS and YEARS - and now I actually give myself credit for that - but still bouncing that weight around back and forth that I lost here. And in the past I would have concentrated on any gain and got down mentally. BUT and here's the but - I'm fine if I don't lose a pound ( I want to though). When I was in NYC I was getting a lot of hmmm action. And normally I don't see that b/c my head's down but what I'm trying to say is if I take out healthy (which I am IMO) it's women and women and women. Me included I mean. This is not a man's perspective AT ALL. And yes I am a feminist and make my own choices and not based on men. However, it's been eye opening lately to have a different one.

I shouldn't say lately it's always been there I'm just now - at friggin' 45 - accepting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
YAY for you! You have less than a stone to lose!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
So I got pretty wiped out by being sick. I had a fever for days and my allergies decided to kick in as well. Yesterday was the first day I'd say I was functioning as myself. This has been one of the worst starts to the school year in terms of illness.

I know a lot of you are going thru hard times with family being sick, I don't want to offer advice as much as I want to say how amazing you all are. I can't say anything you guys don't already know but I lost my grandfather after he suffered the affects of a stoke and dementia for 10 years so I know the struggle. We're always here to listen to you vent or even remember the good times.

Amy- I saw on facebook you signed up for Tough Mudder. I'm so excited for you! I went thru the same thing with boot camp that you mentioned... my weight loss often comes to a stand still but I feel more toned. I think that's the great thing I've noticed about boot camp for me, even if the number isn't going down I'm getting stronger. When I went up in the weights I was using at boot camp was when I stopped making the scale my only focus.

Kelly- That's so cool that you can raise money for any charity you like. I think 12 months is a long time but in a way that's great because you can set plenty of mini goals along the way.

Lisa- Hi!!!

Liz- How is school going for Emily? How are you?

So I just registered for the Rebel Run, another mud/obstacle type run. It's in November so the weather might be a factor depending on how cold it gets then but either way I'm running with two girl friends and so looking forward to it. I'm also going to run a 5k that I run every Thanksgiving but I'm going to try to drop a minute off last years time. That's a lot but I'm totally focused on this goal now. Weight loss is secondary right now to getting in shape and fast for this race.

I will share wedding details soon and I'll share pictures from the Disney themed shower I threw Sunday but right now I think I need a wedding break. lol
Hello! Races! You give me such happiness Megan. Keep on signing up.

Oh and caught your shower pictures. Fine work. AND bang on on the scale to Amy cause you LOOK FANFLIPPINTASTIC Megan.

Looking after my mom I absolutely understand bodies so much more. And to watch any athlete go on a talk show too. The smallest bodies are sometimes the ones with no muscle. Not interested. It can really do a mind ____ on you this looking at small bodies that sometimes are small because there is no fitness behind them. (Yes sometimes there is depending on how one builds or not - or bone size).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Hellllooooo ladies!!!! Can't believe I'm actually able to steal a few minutes to touch base again. So here's the five minute update from the tropics:

Liz/Lisa-I'm not usually one to give advice nor am I so good at words of wisdom. But I have been told I have great crying shoulders and they are at your disposal any time!!

In the big picture of life, the last thing I need to be doing is b**ching about a bum knee, but please indulge me for just a moment... T minus 51 days until the W&D Half and I have no idea what is going on with it! I can get about 2-3 miles in and pain slowly starts creeping across my knee cap until I just can't step on it unless I stop and massage the poo out of it for a minute. That keeps me going for another mile when I have to stop and do it all over again. I am going to the ortho today, so hopefully he'll give me good news. Sounds like we could all use a little cheering up!

I had to put school on hold AGAIN. I was thinking my work would reimburse me for my tuition, but the powers that be determined psychology is not related to my job. Little do they know! So until I can be sure that I can keep putting money away from my big trip to Italy next year, I put the learning on hold. Needless to say, I was quite angry, but what can you do?

As I seem to be able to get on Facebook more often than here, PLEASE send me info so I can friend you guys!
Kimberley - I'm on and off facebook. Sometimes I close down. I was off when you asked before but now
I'm on. EDIT: I left my full name and contact information up for you for quite a few days Kimberley - I was too lazy to PM.

As for your knee. Don't be ridiculous. It's frustrating as he!!. So vent away. Hope it gets better.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 09-23-2012 at 09:40 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #980
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Liz, I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you.
Thank you for this Karen - I might not have gone on. Much love to you Liz.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 09-23-2012 at 12:01 AM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #981
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Thank you, ladies.

I wrote the obit - of course. And her eulogy. The wake was yesterday, then a gathering at my dad's house. Funeral today, then repast brunch and back to my dad's. Lots of friends came. Four of my guy friends were pallbearers and then her friends filled it out. She will be cremated.

Hard days but the worst days are ahead. Going through her things, and missing her every day.

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:28 AM   #982
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl
Thank you, ladies.

I wrote the obit - of course. And her eulogy. The wake was yesterday, then a gathering at my dad's house. Funeral today, then repast brunch and back to my dad's. Lots of friends came. Four of my guy friends were pallbearers and then her friends filled it out. She will be cremated.

Hard days but the worst days are ahead. Going through her things, and missing her every day.
Liz - I'm not good with words like Lisa, but I'm thinking of you and your family and friends and sending love and hugs
Old 09-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #983
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Thank you, ladies.

Love sent Liz. Thank you for sharing her with us. And loving and trusting us enough to be vulnerable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGalUK View Post
Liz - I'm not good with words like Lisa, but I'm thinking of you and your family and friends and sending love and hugs
Most of the beauty is in simplicity anyway Kelly. So

And there are many - MANY - times when I say too much Kelly. Often, I type and flow and don't consider the full impact on others - wait I do consider but afterward I feel I haven't enough - or even my own fragile vulnerability of putting myself out there in feeling.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #984
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Kelly - are you weighing in at all? Thoughts on doing that with me. I'm Thursday.

I will do it alone BUT I don't want to - smiling.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #985
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Lisa!!

Yes - I thought I had replied to you, but it turns out I'd just replied in my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Give me the goods. So what is up? You're still doing WW - online/meetings? Goods MCK. GOODS. Every single time I talk to you now I get that annoying little man's face in my head. He better not touch my closet. I'll drop kick him. Stronger, faster....

You should see me when I'm drinking out of my mug

Kelly, I had no one with me last time and that just sucked. So I'll go back on with you and do Thursdays. Do you have day? Or maybe I should ask first! Laughing, do you even want a day here to weigh in. Maybe not.

I'm doing online in a fashion, so Thursday is a perfect weigh in day for me - I'm in!

I'm feeling great mentally - around all this I mean. I've accepted me a lot more. I've kept off all the weight I lost over YEARS and YEARS - and now I actually give myself credit for that - but still bouncing that weight around back and forth that I lost here. And in the past I would have concentrated on any gain and got down mentally. BUT and here's the but - I'm fine if I don't lose a pound ( I want to though). When I was in NYC I was getting a lot of hmmm action. And normally I don't see that b/c my head's down but what I'm trying to say is if I take out healthy (which I am IMO) it's women and women and women. Me included I mean. This is not a man's perspective AT ALL. And yes I am a feminist and make my own choices and not based on men. However, it's been eye opening lately to have a different one.

I shouldn't say lately it's always been there I'm just now - at friggin' 45 - accepting it.
You rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Most of the beauty is in simplicity anyway Kelly. So

And there are many - MANY - times when I say too much Kelly. Often, I type and flow and don't consider the full impact on others - wait I do consider but afterward I feel I haven't enough - or even my own fragile vulnerability of putting myself out there in feeling.
I do very often say more than I should, but I do try to take a step back first mostly I rage in anger

So I had my second gym session today. Its going well, but thats probably because I haven't had my 'free 40 minute personal trainer session'. Side note - I really thought that going to the gym with my 'degree in fitness, former gym instructor and personal trainer' husband meant that he would show me how to use the machines, make sure I don't fall off, then leave me to it so I didn't have to talk to anyone or be made to do weird exercises in front of people - oh no. No. He is making have the session. I ask you, why do I bother

I've 'pre-registered' for the race next year, and also signed up with the Alzheimers Society so I can fundraise for them. Someone at work asked me what I was running for, I told them and they said 'oh, thats nice. Have you thought about raising money for the RSPCA?' Yes, yes I have, but at the minute I DON'T have a pet but I DO have a Grandad with Alzheimers Some people....

Anyway, I think thats plenty of rambling for tonight.

Lisa - I will do my weigh in tomorrow!

Hope you are all well
Old 09-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #986
SeptemberGirl

Kelly - you don;t need to say a word.

Lisa - you can type as many as you want. Always.

Fundraising. It's true we often think another's charity is lame, right? Like look at the poor poster I scared off over Komen. Well, that charity IS lame!

I think, once I can wake up without crying, that I will start a fund in my mom's name to raise money for metastatic research.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #987
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Lisa- Since I know you were going to ask me next I'll let you know... I'll weigh in with you on Thursdays!!! While I'm more focused on lowering my 5k time and my fitness level, weight is still part of my training. I'm looking to loose weight then I need to be accountable for maintaining. So I'm totally in!! (Isn't that sweet of me?)

Kelly- I'm very excited for you on the race. I raised money while running a race for Crohn's disease. (My brother got his Crohn's disease diagnosis five years ago this Christmas Eve.) I think that if the charity is important to you then you need to just ignore those who question it. I will say it made me so proud to wear my jersey with the charity's name on it and to stand with my brother at the finish. I also will say the charity I raised money for helped find the medicine that my brother now takes to let him live a "normal" life. So stick to your charity because it means something and the race will mean more to you.

Liz- I think starting a charity would be a great idea and when you're ready to it'll be a good part of the healing process.

So me... I was going to talk about my sister's wedding but.... it'll wait and I'm very excited about some fitness breakthrough I've had recently. I've been in a pretty good place weight wise but I felt like I wanted more and I felt like I lost motivation. I met with my boot camp instructor about wanting to look more muscular and also about focusing on a faster 5k time. We reviewed what I eat and found my one weak spot in my healthy eating. I was eating luna bars and special k bars that were loaded up with sugar. Since that talk I've been doing amazing with cutting out products with added sugar. I love chocolate but I've really done fine so far with cutting it out. I've also finally forced myself to eat greek yogurt and get over the fact that I didn't like it. It's growing on me. She also set a goal for me to get down to at least a 24 minute 5k. From fall 2010 to fall 2011 I cut almost 2 minutes off my 5k time. I would have to cut a little over 2 minutes off this fall to reach this goal. She (and Brian) have said that I'm physically there, I'm not mentally there. Like my body is strong enough to do it I just need to learn to push myself to be faster. So life now includes 27 minutes of sprints three times a week. Since we had this talk I've noticed I've been able to refocus, I'm more motivated and determined. She told me to give it about 2 months and she says people will really start to notice my body changing. (2 months is also about when my sister's wedding is.)

So that's my long ramble about having a breakthrough and becoming determined to take my fitness level to a new level. Hopefully tomorrow I won't be as long winded.

poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #988
SeptemberGirl

I love the long winded. Love it.

What a great, cool, fitness goal. Good for you.

And spot on about the charities. Like PERFECT spot on Amen sister.

Tell us more about the wedding!

Old 09-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #989
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Quote:
Kelly - you don;t need to say a word.

Lisa - you can type as many as you want. Always.

Fundraising. It's true we often think another's charity is lame, right? Like look at the poor poster I scared off over Komen. Well, that charity IS lame!

I think, once I can wake up without crying, that I will start a fund in my mom's name to raise money for metastatic research.
Liz-No charity is lame if it's important to you! Look at me, I go from Labs (http://www.labradorrescue.net) to soldiers who don't get mail from home (www.americasmomsforsoldiers.com). I know, shameless plugs, but those critters and people are what's important to me and that's all that matters. And if the motivation to start a new non-profit drives you to try something new, as long as your heart is in it, who cares? At the worst, you'll at least have attempted something that's important to you and has helped you focus your emotions in a positive direction.

Knee update: went to a great ortho office in Boca last week and was evaluated by one of the best PA's I've ever met. Bad news is I have degeneration and the beginning of arthritis in my knee. Semi good news is I can still keep running (with a new fangled brace) but have to take it easy on the mileage. Not exactly what I wanted to hear at T minus 2 months until the W&D Half (and hitting my runDisney 11-17 miles training phase), but at least I don't have to give it up completely. I haven't hit the road since the 16th, so we'll see what happens when I get back out there as soon as my brace comes in. I've been hitting the elliptical hard and started back to yoga in an attempt to strengthen those pesky quads, so who knows? Maybe I'll still be able to scratch "finished full marathon" off my bucket list yet!

And since I'm still somewhat DIS and Facebook challenged, please PM me your FB stuff so I can try and find you guys! Gracias!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #990
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Can I come back?

Hi my name is Jo, I use to be a good Dis friend but I lost my way.
My I come back??

Liz, Sending you lots of love and prayers and strength and patron shots!

Megan, who you have a hard core work out schedule.
I would love to hear about your sisters wedding.

Again, I am sorry for not being on the thread. Please forgive me.

I went Disney Crazy. I was very wrapped up in planning our family trip.
Its over now but it was wonderful!
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: