Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #961
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Hi Gang!

Lisa - you really need to EMAIL me before you cross the border!!!

Thinking about you with your parents - the stuff with my mom is very intense right now. it's too bad we can't have a weekly destressing meet up!

Meg - yes, we all do process in our own way, so true. Lisa is right. Sometimes it takes a long time to get back - sometimes we never get there, just to somewhere new. You had a really good beginning, a good story and good times to hang onto - those beginnings help when the toad gets rocky, which is always does.

Tell us more about the wedding! Who is she marrying? Father of the baby? Yes?

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #962
amykab
Congrats to ALL the losers this week!
We were told to look busy at our desks. So I read ALOT of fan fic

Hi everyone! Going to try and make an effort to check in more frequently! I need the accountability. I'm sitting in car circle now waiting for D to get out of kindergarten!

We joined YMCA this summer and it really has been the best thing! I've been doing spin, tabata, Zumba, and I just started a boot camp 3 times a week. Since the week after 4th of July I've lost about 10 lbs. I slacked off for the 2nd half of August and am now trying to get back on track. On a good day I weigh about 185. I would like to be solidly under 175 by early December when I am doing tough mudder ! I have a few other obstacle races between now and then. I'm hoping the boot camps and tabata will improve my upper body strength as right now I have hardly any
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 PM   #963
SeptemberGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykab View Post
Hi everyone! Going to try and make an effort to check in more frequently! I need the accountability. I'm sitting in car circle now waiting for D to get out of kindergarten!

We joined YMCA this summer and it really has been the best thing! I've been doing spin, tabata, Zumba, and I just started a boot camp 3 times a week. Since the week after 4th of July I've lost about 10 lbs. I slacked off for the 2nd half of August and am now trying to get back on track. On a good day I weigh about 185. I would like to be solidly under 175 by early December when I am doing tough mudder ! I have a few other obstacle races between now and then. I'm hoping the boot camps and tabata will improve my upper body strength as right now I have hardly any
I LOVE your Twilight scene. Sigh.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #964
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Hi Gang!

Lisa - you really need to EMAIL me before you cross the border!!!

Thinking about you with your parents - the stuff with my mom is very intense right now. it's too bad we can't have a weekly destressing meet up!

Meg - yes, we all do process in our own way, so true. Lisa is right. Sometimes it takes a long time to get back - sometimes we never get there, just to somewhere new. You had a really good beginning, a good story and good times to hang onto - those beginnings help when the toad gets rocky, which is always does.

Tell us more about the wedding! Who is she marrying? Father of the baby? Yes?
Liz, I would never come without telling you ahead of time. This time I was going to road trip you all (if you were available I mean - laughing) - had it all planned in my head and mapped - and then when it fell apart I was so incredibly drained with everything I needed no plans. Just needed to go with the flow. But I swear Red Bank will be seeing me one day. For sure. And grateful to you for meeting up with me in the city.

As for Mom - did she get some disappointing tests back? I know that's direct but it's the only way I can do it. Thinking about you all the time Liz. So proud of you as well. I will ask again - tell me a bit about your program - I mean I know it's MSW but what do you want to do with it? I'm so happy for you. So thrilled.

Quote:

OMG TOTALLY psychic moment Amy. I was JUST going to ask you about all your dedication and how it's playing out body wise on facebook. So thrilled for you. It must be wonderful mentally as well, eh?

Yeah for you! Outstanding.

Oh and by the way I'm not sure you need accountability Amy. Wink.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #965
SeptemberGirl

Amy is a rock star! Not that we are surprised. She is SO consistent!

My mom. She has a brain tumor. No idea if it's malignant or not. Plus she can't eat, has gallbladder issues, and has been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks with no resolution or progress or anything. She went in two weeks ago for tests, the the cancer treatment center, and she has not left. Now she has been transferred to Temple but all we get is "waiting until she is stronger" etc bs My dad is exhausted and I just started a new job and grad school plus I have that kid to raise, so I am not in Philly advocating. So. No one is with her and no one is picking up the slack. He needs a break and I literally can't step in, if they let me anyway.

I have to figure out taking some time off and going there asap.

It's a mess. But it's not unique, right? Such is life, I have legs!

Old 09-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #966
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

So last night I watched a lot of TV. Some studio small home forced - FOOTBALL. But I also caught a late feed of Oprah's Jennifer Hudson interview. I swear I don't know how that girl simply stands every single day. I don't know what I'm trying to say besides HOLY. H-O-L-Y. And it was something to hear that although her boyfriend thinks she now has even more confidence he actually preferred her larger.

AND this I LOVE - Jennifer Hudson never ever disliked her previous weight. At all. Said she had confidence and joy within. But loves where she's at now for clothes etc. I can't stand when some _______ on their previous selves - I never think they'll hold their new weight when they can't even love themselves before. And look at her. Wow.

And Kate Hudson - God love her for the truth. She's looking beyond fantastic and she's admitted that she was exercising SIX hours a day. WT F? No comment. But thank you Kate for not saying "oh I just breastfed".
Old 09-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #967
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Amy is a rock star! Not that we are surprised. She is SO consistent!

My mom. She has a brain tumor. No idea if it's malignant or not. Plus she can't eat, has gallbladder issues, and has been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks with no resolution or progress or anything. She went in two weeks ago for tests, the the cancer treatment center, and she has not left. Now she has been transferred to Temple but all we get is "waiting until she is stronger" etc bs My dad is exhausted and I just started a new job and grad school plus I have that kid to raise, so I am not in Philly advocating. So. No one is with her and no one is picking up the slack. He needs a break and I literally can't step in, if they let me anyway.

I have to figure out taking some time off and going there asap.

It's a mess. But it's not unique, right? Such is life, I have legs!
Come on - stop - it is unique Liz. It's okay to call it like it is. It's okay to feel sorry for you and for her and for him. (Cause I know there's time for that and time for a myriad of emotions - none of them wrong). She's been through he!! - you've been through he!! - he's been through he!!. Not everyone has to face that Liz. Not everyone does. Okay, shutting up now.

All I can say is I'm so incredibly sorry - in the loving sense. And big love to you. SIGHING, SIGHING and sighing.

I'm so VERY happy that you are surrounded by wonderful friends and family. It's always evident that you are and thank GOD.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 09-10-2012 at 10:06 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #968
SeptemberGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Come on - stop - it is unique Liz. It's okay to call it like it is. It's okay to feel sorry for you and for her and for him. (Cause I know there's time for that and time for a myriad of emotions - none of them wrong). She's been through he!! - you've been through he!! - he's been through he!!. Not everyone has to face that Liz. Not everyone does. Okay, shutting up now.

All I can say is I'm so incredibly sorry - in the loving sense. And big love to you. SIGHING, SIGHING and sighing.

I'm so VERY happy that you are surrounded by wonderful friends and family. It's always evident that you are and thank GOD.
You are right. It's unique and it sucks and I HATE it. Hate it.

So my supportive friends, so true. Like the girls on here. Lifelines, I swear.

Last edited by SeptemberGirl; 09-11-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #969
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
You are right. It's unique and it sucks and I HATE it. Hate it.

So my supportive friends, so true. Like the girls on here. Lifelines, I swear. And Em's school. Well tonight was back to school night. The moms were coming up and hugging me, etc.
How smart of you to concentrate on those who are standing right beside you. How incredibly smart.

__________________________________________________ ______

Last edited by lisaviolet; 09-11-2012 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Just in case - for you. Love to you!
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #970
amykab
Congrats to ALL the losers this week!
We were told to look busy at our desks. So I read ALOT of fan fic

Another car line check in! I totally forgot I had the twilight thing in my sig. I am using the iPad app to post and I can't see pics, emoticons, or sigs. :/ easier to post from the app though.

Off day from working out today. I believe I had just a bit of dehydration or heat sickness from boot camp yesterday even though I hydrated well afterwards. Feeling better now though

I am loving the variety in my workouts. And while the scale is fairly stagnant right now, I am feeling stronger with every workout and all my clothes are getting looser. Not to mention just a bit of definition in my arms So these are good things too.

I surprised myself I'm the boot camp fitness test on Friday. 20 real pushups, 50 sit ups, 10 pull ups (on the pull up machine) and a 9:05 timed mile!! We'll do another fit test in a month!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #971
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Another car line check in! I totally forgot I had the twilight thing in my sig. I am using the iPad app to post and I can't see pics, emoticons, or sigs. :/ easier to post from the app though.

Off day from working out today. I believe I had just a bit of dehydration or heat sickness from boot camp yesterday even though I hydrated well afterwards. Feeling better now though

I am loving the variety in my workouts. And while the scale is fairly stagnant right now, I am feeling stronger with every workout and all my clothes are getting looser. Not to mention just a bit of definition in my arms So these are good things too.

I surprised myself I'm the boot camp fitness test on Friday. 20 real pushups, 50 sit ups, 10 pull ups (on the pull up machine) and a 9:05 timed mile!! We'll do another fit test in a month!
Outstanding Amy.

The scale is totally secondary to all of this - even though you're ten lower (yeah on its own). All of this means so much more - sighing - totally so much more. Yeah Amy.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #972
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Hi, remember me........

So for a quick post I'm just jumping in to say:

Liz and Lisa - you both have some horrible, crappy situations going on now - and I have no words to describe how incredibly sorry I am for both of you. You both have great friends here and good support systems, so

Come here, vent, rant, scream, swear as much as the filters will allow - get it all out.

I will be back...at the end of the week...when I finally get some time off work! On a happy note I am going to see Phantom of the Opera tomorrow (again!) with my Mum, Aunt and best friend - random ladies day out!

Love to you all!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #973
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Hey ladies, I will try to catch up. I'm day five of being sick and I think my fever is finally gone! So I will be back.

My last trip December 2012 for my sister's Disney wedding!
poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #974
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
Hey ladies, I will try to catch up. I'm day five of being sick and I think my fever is finally gone! So I will be back.
Hope you're feeling better Meg!

So, I'm back and I mean business!

1) Me and DH are joining a gym at the end of the month. His job is to find one for us that has lots of treadmills, which leads me on to number...

2) We have signed up for a 10k run next year. I know, 12 months is a long time away but this is a really great run that gets booked up really quickly. Its the Bupa Great Yorkshire Run. You can raise money for any charity you like. Mine is for the Alzheimer's Society

3) I am 10lbs over what I want to be. This WILL change.

4) I am currently rocking the water consumption!

Hope everyone is well
Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #975
SeptemberGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGalUK View Post
Hope you're feeling better Meg!

So, I'm back and I mean business!

1) Me and DH are joining a gym at the end of the month. His job is to find one for us that has lots of treadmills, which leads me on to number...

2) We have signed up for a 10k run next year. I know, 12 months is a long time away but this is a really great run that gets booked up really quickly. Its the Bupa Great Yorkshire Run. You can raise money for any charity you like. Mine is for the Alzheimer's Society

3) I am 10lbs over what I want to be. This WILL change.

4) I am currently rocking the water consumption!

Hope everyone is well
YAY for you! You have less than a stone to lose!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: