Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #931
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
And what is your point Ms. Nancy? Do you have someone you are DYING to see and is DYING to see you in Montreal? Do you? DO YOU? Besides a glass of wine.

And I simply won't share that Montreal is far more interesting than Toronto. I WON'T!

I guess there isn't really a point. Except to annoy you Yes. I know that Toronto really wants to be part of the U.S. and is therefore trying desperately to become one with Buffalo

Quote:
Five kids just came to my parents' door - all dressed up and said "trick or treat". This is hardly confirmation that I truly have my mental health.
Wait. What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
So my dad is going in Thursday to have the same procedure that Brian's father was having when he passed away.
I can only imagine how stressful and gut wrenching that must have been Meg. And so soon after losing Brians father. Please, update us when you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
I also want to pick her up because it means I get to spend more time with her. I'm sneaky like that.

-------

It's looking a lot like I will be in Toronto for another 12 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Happy Friday and 53 day til DH, my and the girls are in WDW!!!!
So excited for you!!!

Quote:
Fast one. No computer. Died. Dead. Dong. Gone.

Oh NO! Lisa!

Down over 5 pounds for this one.

WOW! Sorry you were sick though.

Oh and Nancy - by the way - I didn't go back to the hour workouts on the first two weeks was stubborn and stayed with the short intense - but did this two week so HMMMM. Things that make you go hmmm....
Lots of things making me go HMMMMM lately. My weight has been stable. Significantly higher than I want it to be, but stable. I've been working mornings for my SIL making the goat cheese and 2 afternoons a week I do farmers markets for her. My workouts have been sporadic and I rarely track anything these days. My schedule change has forced a complete shift in eating - and I just think my body is so danged confused right now it doesn't know what to do with me

Karen- how's Rey?

Ronda!!! How are YOU!?!? Miss you.
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:38 AM   #932
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Happy 52 days Jo! We're at 107 or something like that.

Nancy, you stop tracking and for once I start! I am using MyFitnessPal, I like it! Trying to get back into the groove, biking still because the PF is still bugging me.

Rey has a ruptured disc in his back, according to the MRI. They want to do surgery because of the nerve issues it is causing in his leg. He is ok with that, but it's a waiting game now for appointments with a neurosurgeon, workers comp, etc. so so so relieved that he is getting workers comp to cover the loss in his income!

AND, we already rented points (nonrefundable) and purchased airfare for a three night trip to AKL in November, so if he is not recovered by then, I guess I will take Savannah and we will do a mother/daughter trip.

Sorry, All about me again. Im reading the thread, but it is hard to quote on my phone and Im keeping Rey company in the bed, so that is how I have been checking in.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #933
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Sorry I didn't update on my dad but it's been a crazy few days. My dad had a stint put in one of his arteries near his heart. He had one put in a few years ago in a different artery. The doctors said that stint looked perfect and aside from the work they had to do that day everything looked great. They said if it weren't for the stitches he got that he could go back to working out right away because his heart looked that good. The procedure itself took a but out of him but he's resting and says he's feeling better then he has the past few weeks.

My family just so happens to be on our yearly vacation to place in new Hampshire we've gone all my life. Perfect timing. My mom is in a state of what I can only call a mix of shock and relief. My brother is having a very hard time with it all. I feel bad for him.

If anything good can be said for having to go thru all of the worrying last week it's that we got to say a lot of things to each other that we don't say enough.

poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #935
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Meg, I'm so glad it sounds like everything went well and he's recovering!!
Yes, so happy to hear.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Happy Birthday Nancy - the boys are on facebook. I tried to double book them.

Love to you birthday girl.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #936
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Will catch up soon.

At my parents - have a bit of computer time yeah! Hopefully I'll be able to get a new computer soon. Hopefully.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #937
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

HELLO HELLo HELlo HEllo Hello hello....

Hope everyone is well, and are all just busy enjoying the Olympics!

I finally got weighed at the doctors instead of using my stupid lying scales at home....I'm 8lbs lighter than I thought I was That means I have 4lbs to get back to goal.........hardest 4lbs I'll ever have to lose!

Quote:
Sorry I didn't update on my dad but it's been a crazy few days. My dad had a stint put in one of his arteries near his heart. He had one put in a few years ago in a different artery. The doctors said that stint looked perfect and aside from the work they had to do that day everything looked great. They said if it weren't for the stitches he got that he could go back to working out right away because his heart looked that good. The procedure itself took a but out of him but he's resting and says he's feeling better then he has the past few weeks.

My family just so happens to be on our yearly vacation to place in new Hampshire we've gone all my life. Perfect timing. My mom is in a state of what I can only call a mix of shock and relief. My brother is having a very hard time with it all. I feel bad for him.

If anything good can be said for having to go thru all of the worrying last week it's that we got to say a lot of things to each other that we don't say enough.
So glad to hear everything went well Meg
Old 08-01-2012, 04:55 PM   #938
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Got back from my vacation in the woods on Saturday and have spent the days since then dealing with work drama. But I have been enjoying all the Olympics, I have watched every second I could.

I am off to boot camp but I will share more about my vacation a bit later.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:22 PM   #939
AKASnowWhite

<crickets chirp>

oh my. Guess I'm not the only one who's been insanely busy lately Miss you all
Old 08-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #940
AKASnowWhite

um, really?
Old 08-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #941
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Is everyone on summer vacation or maybe an Olympic vacation? Ran the Spartan Race this weekend and I will have to share some of the highlights later.

Life has been very chaotic. I have hit rock bottom when it comes to my work situation. I work under some people who don't care what they say to teachers and who dont value their employees. Brian and I are working hard to get things back on track after a very difficult few months. Our focus has been on his dad passing, mine having his heart problems and not as much on each other. I feel like I'm trying to piece my life back together again in so many aspects. It's a lot at once.

But I enjoyed the Olympics and looking forward to shark week on discovery channel.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #942
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Is everyone on summer vacation or maybe an Olympic vacation? Ran the Spartan Race this weekend and I will have to share some of the highlights later.

Life has been very chaotic. I have hit rock bottom when it comes to my work situation. I work under some people who don't care what they say to teachers and who dont value their employees. Brian and I are working hard to get things back on track after a very difficult few months. Our focus has been on his dad passing, mine having his heart problems and not as much on each other. I feel like I'm trying to piece my life back together again in so many aspects. It's a lot at once.

But I enjoyed the Olympics and looking forward to shark week on discovery channel.
\\

Megan. I'm so sorry. Hang in there. Remember what I said earlier. Can be a very difficult time. So look after YOU - okay???? Don't make me come there.

I don't have a computer and the ones in the lab - at the very same time - were not working properly. Totally frustrating.

Life is hell. I'm at my parents. Last time I'll be here. Closing is next week but I'll have Mom with me from Thursday (for a week to protect her from packing/moving) so that's it for me being here. And this move solves very little. Too tired to type that out.

And my brother just found out he has colon cancer. DKfjdlwfjasdkl;fjasdl;fjk. Yes that's me banging on someone else's computer.

I'm so done right now. So done.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 08-15-2012 at 09:47 AM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #943
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasnowwhite View Post
<crickets chirp>

oh my. Guess i'm not the only one who's been insanely busy lately Miss you all
\

miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #944
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Hello ladies! I can't even remember the last time I posted anything and I feel so far away form everybody. So to make up for lost time, let me just send out big fat and kisses to everyone!

I bit the bullet and FINALLY decided to get back to school. It's online and anyone who thinks that's easier than physically going to class needs to pull their heads out their dupas! I have SO much homework it's crazy!! But I needed to get it done and finally get that elusive diploma. So that, coupled with serious training time for the W&D Half in November (which my hubby now thinks he won't physically be able to run...I wish I could just make him understand he'll be fine), and working is making me feel like I can't even breathe sometimes. I had to go to one of those horrible social event thingies with the DH and I don't even know how to socialize anymore! I stink at small talk anyway and had social situations like those, but I really felt like I was from another planet.

Enough of my selfish venting though. Since I just don't have the magical power to turn back time, I have no idea what's been going on with everyone. Updates please! i need to feel like a human being again!

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #945
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

BUMP

Wow! Yeah, I'm back....catching up now!

3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: