Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 12:55 PM   #736
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
That is so awesome. Please do give your brother my heartfelt thanks. Seriously. So often our military men and women are under-appreciated. Our society takes so much forgranted, and I think that's a travesty.
I will definitely tell him thank you. I don't think he realizes that he is a hero... to him, he's just doing his job. Me? I blast how awesome I think he is everywhere just to remind him.

Quote:

Today is "A" and I'm going to focus on being Active. (which means the minute I finish this post I'm back up out of my chair and finding something else to do!) My potential to-do list for today includes a bit of gardening, washing some windows, mopping the kitchen floor. Active. Tomorrow, I'll choose a "B" word (ha. not b*tchy. I hope. ) and so on...
I like this idea, so I'm stealing it. My B will hopefully not be "butterball." My A might be "a-hole" though, if we're using today as a guide. I'll aspire to 'active' the next time I go through the alphabet.

We did a bunch of gardening over the weekend. Since I moved into DF's house, I've been REALLY into turning the yard into something pretty. He, however, doesn't really care about the yard being a tropical paradise and I think does things as long as I'm happy. Nothing is funnier than going flower shopping with him and having him pick out these bright pink beauties because he wants them in the front yard. So maybe he does care, but just lacked the ambition previously? But man do my hamstrings hurt today. Squatting is serious business.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #737
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGalUK View Post

Karen - I'm sure you have mentioned it before and I'm sorry for asking again, but what is eating raw?

Everyone - Hi
Basically, I'm a raw vegan. No animal products (I don't eat raw meat or anything! Mainly raw veggies, tons of salad, fruits, and nuts. I have been raw for years, but after a while I slink into just vegan...then vegetarian...and just recently my little attempt at LC with fish. I keep playing this game with myself that I can be like everyone else, but really I have some major food allergies (gluten, dairy...anything with starch such as potatoes, rice. etc.) and eating raw always makes me feel better. AND, I don't gain 45 pounds in a year an a half when I'm eating raw.

So, back to raw, feeling better, dropped some pounds already, but have quite a ways to get back to where I was in 2009!

Quote:
[COLOR="navy"]

So exciting on the new camera. And double exciting on the thought of a November get-away!!! How's the biking going?

Biking WAS going really well until we had about 4 days of straight rain. It's finally over, so I'm planning on heading out tomorrow morning. I've been doing about 8 miles, on LOTS of hills (I don't live in a flat area) and I think not only is is great exercise, but I think it was helping my PF! I had a flair of it this past weekend when I was not biking, so I think stretching those calf muscles biking, it was helping my feet!

Quote:
So, I've been struggling a bit. Well, lot. And as a result I've been avoiding some things - one of which is posting here.

That is a big mistake. It's the times that I'm struggling that I need to be here the most. SO! Now that I'm done with vacations and weekends away for a while I've decided that I'm recommitting to ME today.

I like to play mind games with myself. It makes hard/long/unpleasant tasks easier to manage. I tried this particular tactic a while back - maybe Vol 1 or 2 of the thread? Anyway, it's my alphabet adjective game. Every day I pick a new adjective that I'm going to do/be/strive for during the day. 26 days of being "on plan" is a daunting thought right now. But for one day, I can be one thing.

Am I making any sense at all

Today is "A" and I'm going to focus on being Active. (which means the minute I finish this post I'm back up out of my chair and finding something else to do!) My potential to-do list for today includes a bit of gardening, washing some windows, mopping the kitchen floor. Active. Tomorrow, I'll choose a "B" word (ha. not b*tchy. I hope. ) and so on...
This is a great idea! I find that the only time I'm really happy is when I'm ON. Not just on plan (eating & exercise, although that makes a huge difference too) but ON-ON...like PRESENT. In the here and now, focusing on positive things, growth, etc. I've been on lately. What I have been doing is my "Moment of the Day" post in my personal journal. I pick one thing that was my moment of the day and just write it down. It doesn't seem like much, but it makes me THINK about what I'm doing all day and whether I'm enjoying it. It's also so nice to look back and see all the little things that I enjoyed each day like playing cards with my kids, the feeling of running a mile straight, a heart to heart with Savannah...etc.

Hey! That was nearly Lisarambleworthy!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #738
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Will return. Just saying "hi". Weird times on the DIS. Sometimes I'm logged in suddenly as a totally different person - which horrifies me that someone could read my PMs that I rarely delete if they get logged in as moi. The thought.

And then suddenly I log in and it says I am but I'm not. I swear I'm not drinking. Unfortunately.

to all.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #739
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRhi View Post
My A might be "a-hole" though, if we're using today as a guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Will return. Just saying "hi". Weird times on the DIS. Sometimes I'm logged in suddenly as a totally different person - which horrifies me that someone could read my PMs that I rarely delete if they get logged in as moi. The thought.

And then suddenly I log in and it says I am but I'm not. I swear I'm not drinking. Unfortunately.

to all.
I hate when things are all wonky!

I was thinking of you last night. We've been talking about going to Montreal. I know, that's not exactly your neck of the woods, but it's the right COUNTRY at least

Karen- hope the weather has cleared and you can get back to the bike. It's so great that it seems to help your feet too! Did you get your new birkenstocks?

Today is "B". I don't have any really fabulous "B" ideas. So I'm going with the dynamic duo of "busy" and "believe".

As in....keep myself busy (read: active again!) and BELIEVE in myself. Believe in the process. Believe that things that are a struggle or uncomfortable are worth the end result.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #740
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

to all.
Lisa, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the DIS lately. I can't get in at all in Chrome today even after clearing my disboard cookies. and when I came over to use IE, it said I was someone else too. As soon as I tried to do something it made me log in as me.

Whatever they did to "upgrade" rivals Facebook for upgrade fail.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #741
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

My mom had a pretty bad fall last night - she's okay - stitches (well staples) - and some scans. But not good. So I will catch up later - no head space. The positive is that I've been bugging my father to reach out to get access to care and the hospital helped him out with that and pushed him and he's getting assistance already - as in tomorrow - my mom doesn't want them in but oh well - my dad was out for a bit and could of not been there to help her after she fell and there was blood - so like I tell him he has to have a life (Despite my mom's condition - they NEVER stop - still go the theatre and dinner and all that socializing - it's unreal - and even without the dementia they are 76 and 77 this year). I've also been begging him to do the legal documents that are necessary as if anything happens to him were totally screwed with our legal clout to make things right for my mom. So I'll start praying that he does it. Oh life.

Staples. Remember when I was dying to pull my staples out myself Nancy? So funny!!! They were so ripe for the picking. It killed me not to. AND I don't think I've told you but my scar is like NOTHING - the ONE plus of fairer than fair whiter than white pinker than pink skin. The ONE plus.

Oh and Nancy you've TOTALLY screwed me out of my birthday present. Totally. Wait to you hear what I asked for and why you screwed my chances of ever getting it - royally.

I've got a lot of catching up to do. Hi to everyone.

Oh and I went back on FB tonight and was totally annoyed within minutes. I'm not joking. MINUTES. Totally annoyed seems to be my thing this week. Just one little funhouse moment - my sister's on there talking about my grandparents and how they both came from Ireland here (separately met here) on a ship and somehow is relating it to the Titanic. OMG. I miss a little tiny bit of fb. I have to learn how to ignore. But bullsh!t just sucks every single ounce of energy from my body. And it's SO STINKY over there.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #742
AKASnowWhite

Quote:
My mom had a pretty bad fall last night - she's okay - stitches (well staples) - and some scans. But not good.

I'll be praying for you all

Oh and Nancy you've TOTALLY screwed me out of my birthday present. Totally. Wait to you hear what I asked for and why you screwed my chances of ever getting it - royally.
oh jeez. I can't wait to hear this one

In continuing with my daily game, I'm on C. And having trouble with chosing one word. I'm beginning to feel like a Dr. Suess Book.

Big C, little c, what begins with C? Consistant concious choices...C, C, C.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #743
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Lisa, OMG so much you have your father have to deal with, how is your mom today?

Nancy, how is the letter C today?

Rhi, Your brother in Japan, when does he come home?

OH, Hi my name is Jo.. bad thread friend.. I have DIS back on line at work (for now) so I hope to be back in at least once a day.

My legs are better I ran 7 on Saturday, but have not worked out other than that. I need to get to doing some weight training, I have been learning that alot of my legs issues is from lack of weight training.

Lisa, your weight training... tell me what you do that you love so much
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #744
AKASnowWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Nancy, how is the letter C today?

other than wanting to add "CRYING", so far so good. I'm frustrated on so many levels right now but really trying to get a grip on the new *normal* (whatever that means )

OH, Hi my name is Jo.. bad thread friend.. I have DIS back on line at work (for now) so I hope to be back in at least once a day.

enjoy it while it lasts

My legs are better I ran 7 on Saturday, but have not worked out other than that
nice job on the mileage Jo!

I'm on a running sebatical. Biking, elliptical, walking. That's my primary cardio exercise. I go back to PT tomorrow, so we'll see what they say. <sigh>
Old 04-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #745
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

I just lost a aksdfjkldjfdlkfjalskdfj post - a long - thought out - lovely multi-quote. Kdfjldkfjalk;dfja;lsdkfjal;sdfkjal;sdkfj;lfjk;a. And it this has been going on for over an hour. This is one he!! of a week.

So here's the short form. Just for you Karen!

Thank you everyone.

Karen - you can't just say new camera and then nada. Come on! Details. No thoughts on the mirrorless?

Rhianna - I can't even tell you everything I said to you. My head hurts thinking of everything. Love the race. Sighed at your brother - we have no clue, eh? None. Zip. Nada what they live. Work - frustrating but take it from me just leave them on their path - don't get on it and jump back on yours. I know you are - just a big lesson for me - get the he!! off other people's paths and nonsense. Can't wait to hear about the weekend. Good for you to focus on the loss not gain AND laughed so loudly at your attempt to join Nancy's alphabet fun. LOVED it.

Kelly - with your granddad. Miss you. Big time. Hang in there. I had English words to pass by you - don't know if I remember but I think *chav*.

I went back on fb last night and went straight to your page. So funny you are.

Jo - I'll come back with the weight training schedule. I'm too wiped right now. And to talk to you Nancy as well - I'm wiped. Much to say Nancy.

Hi Kat!

Last edited by lisaviolet; 04-18-2012 at 05:59 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #746
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

thats ok Lisa no need for schedule today, instead of leg work, I am eating a 50cal fudge pop!!!
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #747
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Morning all. I had a crazy week or so but I finally feel like things have settled down now that a big work event is over. (Evening of Excellence where we display artwork for the children so parents can come see how excellent their children are. I spent hours mounting art on poster board, hours and hours.... at my house.)

Nancy- Montreal?? Thats like 30 minutes from Brian's house or maybe 45 yet I've never been. But everyone says its a great place to go. When are you thinking about going?

Lisa- I can't tell you how many times I post things on facebook and think this is a post Lisa would comment on. It's often. I cleared a lot of negative people off my facebook and do my best to ignore the rest. As for your mom I'll just send you lots of hugs. My grandfather had dementia for the last ten years of his life, it's a very hard thing for a family to live with. I hope your mom is doing better today.

Jo- Weight training definitely helps or really any kind of strength training. (Some of the best exercises are done using your body as the weight.) I've seen a big improvements in my race times since I started a regular strength training routine. I use Nike Training Club on my iphone when I'm in Vermont(away from the workout room we have in our house) or on those days when I decide to do something in addition to what I had planned that day. It might be worth checking out.

Everyone have a great day, off to work for me.

My last trip December 2012 for my sister's Disney wedding!
poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #748
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Lisa, I'm so sorry about your Mom's fall. I think you should look into mirrorless! They are better than P&S camera's without all the hassle of a DSLR. They are all the rage, I would love to get my hands on one, just to see how it works!

LOVE my camera, the upgrade was so worth it, the clarity I get is amazing...better than my own eyes, I think! Here's a shot I took Tuesday:

Megan, sounds like your busy week is slowing down just as mine is speeding up! Crazy week-end and weekend of petsitting, Earth Day stuff, and two teen bday parties (thank goodness I can just drop her off). BTW, my daughter is just 11, so it doesn't sit well with me that all her friends are turning "teen" this year! Actually, one is turning 12 and the other 14. I didn't tell you (b/c this is a public forum) that my baby...is NOT a baby anymore! I knew it was coming, but didn't think it would actually freak me out the way it did. Luckily we had talked many many times and I held all my freaking out on the inside!

darn, rambling again. Sorry!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #749
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Jo - He literally just left, so it will be *maybe* another 9 months before he's home, and depending on what happens with his rank he could be off again just as soon as he gets back. Whether or not he picks up, there's a chance he could either stay out in San Diego and head back on another deployment three months after he gets home, or they'll move him back to Lejeune and he'll likely go back to Infantry. His wife and I are keeping our fingers crossed that he gets sent back to Lejeune because there's a great brain injury center there. However, I do have to say that after dealing with years of his being deployed to the Middle East, his current deployment which will have him bouncing around the islands in the Pacific Rim is a cakewalk as far as my stress goes. I get pics of his adventures there and it looks BEAUTIFUL.

Lisa- Thanks. From the bottom of my heart-- even though I didn't get to read the full response, the fact that you took the time to type something out really means a lot. I think I just tend to internalize it all so when it finally comes out it's just BLAH. The best part of letting it all out is that I'm starting to feel a lot better-- like things aren't weighing on my chest and I'm actually able to get out of my pity party for one and start living life. I was trying to think of a C for yesterday, and after the 5k I ran last night, CATASTROPHE is the word I'd choose. But more on that in a few.

Karen- LOVE the shot. I'm way better at shooting scenery than people. Do you just take tons of shots and find the 'good' ones? Or is there a secret?

And on to the catastrophe, which really wasn't THAT bad now that it's the morning after. It was more a comedy of errors. My company put together a team for the Mercedes Benz Corporate Challenge in WPB, and the plan was that I'd drive over with a few coworkers and I was left behind. I finally catch up with them and park somewhere so we can carpool. When we finally found a spot to park, we realized that we needed to put $5 into the slot. We only had $20's. Eventually this guy came over to us saying he was the parking attendant. We gave him money, got change, and left for the race. At the start, there was this Tony Little-on-crack-type guy warming up the crowds for like a 40 minute warm up. It was hysterical and I likely would have joined in had it not been like 90 degrees with air so thick you could bite it. The race wasn't bad as we basically ran along Flagler Drive for an up and back course. We started out in a cluster-eff of people who didn't realize strollers should start behind runners, but eventually managed to hit a good pace for the first half. However, as we're taking the corner, one of my coworkers realized he lost his keys. So the last 1.5 miles was us basically stopping everyone and asking if anyone saw them, running around palm trees trying to see if they were kicked there... a mess. But we had rum. Yes, my coworker brought rum to the 5k and was drinking it while he was running. I have to admit, it was helpful. We found our coworkers, found the keys at lost and found, managed to have our picture taken with some sports drink people, and then went off to the bar. On our way back? We realize that the parking attendant may not have actually been a parking attendant since it was someone else on duty. It was a hilarious catastrophe that we can't stop talking about this morning. So all in all, a win.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #750
AKASnowWhite

Crazy busy day here. Just popping in to say D - determination! That's what I'm focused on today.

Headed out to PT in just a few. More from me tonight.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: