Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #676
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Lisa, you should enter your pictures in some sort of contest, you would win by a mile

yes I think its a bit of both she is afraid and uncordinated.
Its tough ,DH is big, very big on sports. He played baseball/ softball all his life, he still plays when he can.

Tell big ball man to leave her alone. Is he bad like that or am I being a sh!t?

I want to tell you something wonderful about my father. He is far from perfect. And didn't give me tools for success or confidence like he could have - he just didn't have it in him. Truly. HOWEVER, he did something that I think is beautiful. He coached some of my teams. And like I said I was good but not the star. And he didn't make excuses for me OR sell me out in any way. At any moment. And both are easy to do - parents are human and can eff up so easily. And I said to him just recently "Dad you never seemed embarrassed or sad or whatever that I wasn't this or that back in those days". He wasn't. He worked with me. I pitched and I practised and played catch and did probably as well as I could have. AND I was still very competitive and hard working. I guess I hope she is having fun Jo. The rest isn't as important. I don't know what I'm rambling about. It's late. I just have the BEST memories. THE BEST to this day. And I KNOW a lot has to do with my father not putting any of his issues on to me in any sport - tennis and softball.

And I thought Rhianna made some great points.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:17 PM   #677
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

And on the pictures - thanks Jo but you should see some photography. It's WAY beyond me. And I can never be equal to a SLR camera because SLR makes shots clear and crisp. And mine is a dying point and shoot. One day I will be able to afford a SLR - but unsure is I really want one. My passion is taking the pictures not really the photography.
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #678
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Beautiful night. Nathan gave me Raptors tickets - HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because he's so happy about his year. Fifteenth EFFIN' row. HEAVENLY. I'm usually in $12.50 seats.

And it was the Knicks - and I've been a Baron Davis lover for years and years and years and he was right there. Okay then.....

Who cares about Linsanity or the lack of when my love Baron is around.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:21 PM   #679
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Rhianna - I have much to say about your TR. Will this weekend.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 03-23-2012 at 11:26 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #680
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
And on the pictures - thanks Jo but you should see some photography. It's WAY beyond me. And I can never be equal to a SLR camera because SLR makes shots clear and crisp. And mine is a dying point and shoot. One day I will be able to afford a SLR - but unsure is I really want one. My passion is taking the pictures not really the photography.
I'm in the same boat. I've got some fabulous shots with my Cybershot, and would LOVE a DSLR, but I'm just not sure I'd ever carry it around. Some days my little point and shoot is too much. I mean, I'm so lazy I just carry my iPhone.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #681
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRhi View Post
OK!
Our next trip is April 20-23, and we'll be up at Kidani Village at AKL. I can't wait.
Loved it. And as I was reading I was smiling at all the things I have never done at WDW all these years - all these trips.

I have never been into Disney Quest. Don't know why. I had passes with extras for years on end. So . I have to make it in there before they close it. Are those rumours still going on?

And I'm always missing the Braves schedule. Would love to do that.

Loved the hat Rhianna.

And the Grey Goose. Everyone talks about it and another item to put on my list.

The Kidani trip is coming quickly, eh? Yeah for that. I've done all my AKV stays (four??) at Jambo - I usually do a Value unit (which is only at Jambo) and Standard at Jambo because Jambo's Standards are a lovely pool view - guaranteed. Great view. I've been around and swam at Kidani and love the exercise room there - - because I don't get kicked out for wearing open toe shoes - I regularly get kicked out of DVC gyms because I hate shoes when exercising.

SO long story short - never stayed at Kidani - can't wait to hear.

Nancy? Ronda? Home? Fun time?

I'm going to go bug the Goddesses for a flippin' race report.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #682
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
I'm in the same boat. I've got some fabulous shots with my Cybershot, and would LOVE a DSLR, but I'm just not sure I'd ever carry it around. Some days my little point and shoot is too much. I mean, I'm so lazy I just carry my iPhone.
Changing the lens - I would be so impatient about missing the shot.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:32 PM   #683
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I'm such a bad bad goddess. I've just been in a funk and haven't been coming to the DIS much, the feet are still no better.

BUT, I just had to tell you Lisa...your shots are STUNNING!!! Seriously, you can tell the caliber of a photographer based on how their shots are WITHOUT the DSLR, and you, my dear, have it! This is how it began for me, and it may be something you end up loving. It is an investment and it does take a LOT of learning, but you should definitely consider it. There have been times I wished I just had a point and shoot, but I do love my camera and wouldn't trade it for my old P&S ever! Just beautiful shots. Really, I loved every single one of them!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #684
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know. I know. You are looking fantastic Megan. And I'm a sh!t for not being a cheerleader right now. I was just happy to hear about your race and then KDfjlakjf;lkadjf;lasdkjfl;asdf to hear about the swelling. But regardless I can't wait to hear that it's feeling secure.

I just feel for you - which doesn't help the positive flow. Love to you Megan.

NYC was wonderful. WONDERFUL.
Thank you Lisa. I have to be honest sometimes its nice when people don't try to be a cheerleader and just agree that it sucks. But I haven't to say out of everything has come tons of motivation and reminder that I can do anything I want to.

Tell me more about the basketball game!! I'm trying to picture just how excited you were. Did you wear a t shirt? Did you see lots of interesting people? Sporting events always bring out interesting people.

My last trip December 2012 for my sister's Disney wedding!
poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #685
poppinspal
DIS Veteran

Karen- I was in a funk all winter. Just feeling off. Hope you feel better soon.

So in November I ran a 5k with a 9min per mile pace. After my 5k a few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to get back to that pace again. Brian thinks I'm capable of pushing myself to run one with a sub 9 min pace. So we started ramping up my training this weekend. We ran some sprints this weekend and while we were on our way to the track he let me know he was going to push me way beyond my limits. I told him that I'd be so mad at him the whole time but I'd love him after. I'm sure if anyone had been on the track they'd think we were nuts, he told me to move faster and I told him to leave me alone. When we left I loved him for pushing me and understanding what we need. So I'm going to boot camp and running, then I have Brian working on teaching me to push far beyond what I think my body can do. (And I'm now understanding why he was such a great wrestler in high school and college.)

My excitement about pushing myself to be fast has him so excited with are sorting out races to run. Looking at about four 5ks and a few half marathons. It's safe to say I've finally gotten Brian bit by the running bug.

My last trip December 2012 for my sister's Disney wedding!
poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #686
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

I'm back! And now I owe you TWO reports. <sigh>

Lisa - your NYC pictures are FABULOUS! My favorite was the window that said "make your magic every day" (or something like that. Now I have to go back and look again )
Old 03-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #687
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Loved it. And as I was reading I was smiling at all the things I have never done at WDW all these years - all these trips.

I have never been into Disney Quest. Don't know why. I had passes with extras for years on end. So . I have to make it in there before they close it. Are those rumours still going on?
I think covering the "we've never done THAT befores" is what we lean towards doing these days. In the fall we do a longer trip where we can spend full days at the parks and take advantage of short wait times, but our long weekend trips (especially when the parks are busy) are usually resort-centric. We may hit a park or two, but usually we take advantage of down time and only head to parks to do things or eat at restaurants we haven't yet experienced. It's amazing how in so many years, there's so much we've never done. I can't tell you how many times I've been and STILL have not caught the Electrical Parade.

As far as the rumors- I'm not sure. The place was packed when we were there, so I have a hard time thinking they'll close it, but then again it IS $45/pp to go in. A little steep for what they offer, IMO. I mean it's cool-- arcade style games, plus a few interactive games that don't always seem to be working when we're there, but barely worth $45 or enough to do to spend an entire day at. We usually go if it's too hot to do anything else, or if it's raining. Plus DBF's family's DVC home is SSR, so we spend quite a bit of time at DTD since it's so close.

Quote:
And I'm always missing the Braves schedule. Would love to do that.

Loved the hat Rhianna.
The game was fun-- a little expensive for spring training ($20/pp for a lawn seat), but then again I work walking distance from Roger Dean Stadium here in Jupiter so I'm used to picking up a $10 ticket for the same thing.

I became A HAWK looking for the ears and they were hard to find, so coming home with them was a total win. I saw a bunch of people with them and really wanted them, so it became our mission. They weren't available in ANY stores, you had to find specific vendors who had them. Usually, they were sold alongside of alcohol. Go figure.

Quote:
And the Grey Goose. Everyone talks about it and another item to put on my list.
I don't know if I like them because they're a good alcoholic beverage or if they're a good cold beverage. On a hot day, they really hit the spot. And boy do they go down easily. Usually by the time I've hit Japan, I want to walk back for my second one. I can't walk with two because they spill all over my hand and then it gets sticky. As my future sister in law would say, "first world problem."

Quote:
The Kidani trip is coming quickly, eh? Yeah for that. I've done all my AKV stays (four??) at Jambo - I usually do a Value unit (which is only at Jambo) and Standard at Jambo because Jambo's Standards are a lovely pool view - guaranteed. Great view. I've been around and swam at Kidani and love the exercise room there - - because I don't get kicked out for wearing open toe shoes - I regularly get kicked out of DVC gyms because I hate shoes when exercising.

SO long story short - never stayed at Kidani - can't wait to hear.
I CAN'T WAIT TO GO. And I can't believe that we're almost at the end of the month of March. It seems like just yesterday I was waiting for our POR stay. I've been so excited for AKL for years, and I expect the actual camera to be dragged out for this one. I think I'll be gushing about this, even if it's the worst stay ever. Really can't wait.

Quote:
I'm going to go bug the Goddesses for a flippin' race report.
Yeah! I'd love to hear all about the race as well!
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #688
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
I'm back! And now I owe you TWO reports. <sigh>

Lisa - your NYC pictures are FABULOUS! My favorite was the window that said "make your magic every day" (or something like that. Now I have to go back and look again )

NANCY!!!!!!!!!

Hi to all! Will be back to catch up.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #689
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Before I catch up....

Okay - let me not make this a drama. But I chose to be courageous and very vulnerable this week and I was met by - are you ready? Silence. Simply ignoring. Nada. And I've said this before if any of you deal with conflict or vulnerability in your life by silence - change it. It leaves the other person feeling - sh!t I don't know the word - but I find it very self absorbed and cruel and disrespectful to choose that. Acknowledgement - whether good or bad or difficult is much kinder and better in the end. Even if it comes with a disappointment - which of course is a valid outcome - at least one was acknowledged for their own courage and strength.

I'm holding on to me and my strengths. I'm doing fabulously with so many things these days. So although this is hard - I'm trying hard to hold on to me. Looking great - I'm at that size that is very good. I'm saying size because it's no longer a weight - my fitness has made that weight higher. Good thing. But the size where if I didn't get any smaller I could live with it. Onward.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 03-28-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #690
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I'm such a bad bad goddess. I've just been in a funk and haven't been coming to the DIS much, the feet are still no better.

BUT, I just had to tell you Lisa...your shots are STUNNING!!! Seriously, you can tell the caliber of a photographer based on how their shots are WITHOUT the DSLR, and you, my dear, have it! This is how it began for me, and it may be something you end up loving. It is an investment and it does take a LOT of learning, but you should definitely consider it. There have been times I wished I just had a point and shoot, but I do love my camera and wouldn't trade it for my old P&S ever! Just beautiful shots. Really, I loved every single one of them!
Sorry about the funk Karen. The bike is doing okay?

Thank you so much Karen. I am pleased with them. As for the DSLR - I'm very torn. I've learned that I like taking pictures more than any technical choices. My choice would be a point and shoot with a lens that is crisp and clear like a DSLR. I've looked at the 4/3s but so unsure. I'm very attached to my camera. It's a love affair and it's dying. Well not on the dying part.

Maybe a Rebel? I don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
Tell me more about the basketball game!! I'm trying to picture just how excited you were. Did you wear a t shirt? Did you see lots of interesting people? Sporting events always bring out interesting people.
Okay - first I never ever thought to take my camera. My favourite NBA player of all time was there and no camera. So I was entranced to see Baron up close and personal. I literally have this fabulous memory of a hotel room in Charlotte years back - ooh that sounds like a good story. Anyway, I'm on the bed there standing up reenacting Baron behind the back - through the defense and to the basket. BOOM. I love him.

So it was wonderful. Imagine I spend most of these years - staring down from the rafters in the $12.50 seats (which are not bad seats - they did a fantastic job of designing the Air Canada Centre) looking at all the rich people. And often I swear at them if we are sold out and there are empty seats - like a geez who the eff had tickets and didn't even come? Idiots.

The best people are during the fourth quarter scan - one guy who was over 200 pounds was dancing like he was on Soul Train. And he was white. Priceless.

I was in the seats where you have a menu and someone comes to serve you. Hello. But I didn't buy anything. You can see the excitement. You can see them coming and leaving the tunnel. See them dancing and fooling around being boys. The commentators and their makeup is visible. It's just an entirely different vantage point.

And I found myself looking at the big screen - which was now up in my view not down and it would take a few minutes for me to click in that I don't need to stare at the big screen. Hello, my seats provide the big screen.

And I also think of you and Kat when I'm there whether upper or lower bowl. The 13 Stanley Cups banner hang - and they end in 1967. . I was born in 1967 - those poor poor Leaf fans.

Megan - they did fire the coach. The chanting became too much I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
Brian thinks I'm capable of pushing myself to run one with a sub 9 min pace. So we started
He is not the only one.

Quote:
. Usually by the time I've hit Japan, I want to walk back for my second one. I can't walk with two because they spill all over my hand and then it gets sticky. As my future sister in law would say, "first world problem."
OMG Rhianna - this KILLED me.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 03-28-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: