Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #631
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

Thanks.

Omg your tye dyes are awesome.

Can you teach me how to do that for our upcoming cruise???

NYC to Bermuda ~ Norwegian Breakaway ~ May 2013

NYC Inaugural Disney Cruise to Bahamas ~ May 2012 ~ Disney Magic

NYC to Bermuda ~ May 2011 on NCL Gem

ge0rgette2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #632
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post

Hi Georgette. Welcome. It's all moderation for me.
This is my success as well Georgette.

Ronda - so sorry. Sighing.

The shirts are great. Good job and SO curious of what you have up your sleeve.
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #633
BethBell
Earning My Ears

I would love some motivation too! I am training for a 10 mile in September, and I am packing to move and somehow I legitimized making a pan of brownies and eating two last night.
BethBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #634
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

I'm waving the white flag of surrender right now I can't keep up with ME never mind posting. I loved my trip but now I'm paying for it. I'm in costume pergatory for the next week plus and to make matters worse, my cohort just called - her machine just BROKE!

Quote:
Nancy - you have to flesh out the airport jail story. Come on! BTW, what are your Disney dates? We arrive March 18, and skedaddle the 24th. Staying at Bonnet Creek Resort. We cross, don't we?
Airport jail? It isn't as exciting as it it pitiful! Erika and I were late for her flight. LATE late. As in, if it weren't for the kindness of a Southwest curbside employee who totally let her jump line to check in, we never would have made it on time late. We were both on SW - different flights. My departure time was about an hour or so after hers. Security was a nightmare. We finally get to the front of the line and know that we are going to have to RUN for the tram and she'll RUN directly to her gate so as not to miss this plane. She gets thru security just fine. And me? Well, I'm that *random* person that they decide needs closer inspection. They usher me over to a plexi-glass "cage" and lock me in where I'm told to wait for a female TSA agent. Erika turns to find me - and here I am: hands and face pressed against the glass with a pitiful "what did I do" look on my face. She can't stay. We do the whole boy-in-a-plastic-bubble goodbye thing and she's on her way. They didn't keep my long - just long enough for my friend to leave without a proper good bye and now *I* have to rush to my gate. I go flying to the tram and when I get to the other side I get a text from Erika. After all that hurrying, her flight was delayed. I rush to the gate to discover that mine was too. So it was rush, panic, rush, panic, jail, panic, rush......wait.

as for our trip dates - YES! We do over lap. Becca just brought home her itinerary for the Magic Music Days program that they are participating in. Let me look it over and see where my obligations are and hopefully we can connect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Rats is right. And then you head off to WDW.
yes. Yes I am And when I unpacked from the Princess, I only sorta unpacked. Suitcase is still at the ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfan-12 View Post
So great to see and boy how I missed not being there.

And we missed you too Paula

Getting excited about gym shopping and actually starting to be on program again. I am so going to need help climbing back on that wagon again.
We're always here, you know that I'm going to live vicariously thru you and your gym search! I'm less than thrilled with my options. LOVE Erin, hate the facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
You got it. The High Holy Day of Non-Irish Redheads the world over!

Or as my mother once called it, The Very Important Drinking Day with My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
Ah yes, Airport Jail. Another Nancy and E Adventure!
I must not have been delightful that day

Quote:
DGF's mom has been recovering slowly
So glad things are improving, even if it's slowly.

Quote:
I'm down 1.2 this week. Haven't even had a gain yet this round since January 1st. (but will of course but I'm wowed regardless). Was in the top ten for BL this week (last week's weigh in). And fit in to (not completely/ comfortably on all) on ALL my old jeans.
Awesome Lisa. Now, about these jeans. Are they shape-showing jeans or do we need an intervention together

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge0rgette2 View Post
I just can't stay focused .. do well a few days, best intentions and then fail miserably at it.
Welcome Georgette! Queen of ADD here. So much so that my kids say I'm A.D. ooooh shiney! Somehow we'll all muddle thru though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
Welcome! Please do stick around. We are crazy but absolutely DELIGHTFUL once you get to know us! :good vibes
yes. Positively delightful

Quote:
The tie-dye turned out pretty well.
"Pretty well" ? They are AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethBell View Post
I would love some motivation too! I am training for a 10 mile in September, and I am packing to move and somehow I legitimized making a pan of brownies and eating two last night.
Welcome Beth
Old 03-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #635
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Ronda, I'm sorry Sue (and you) are having to go through this, I'm glad she looks to be slowly recovering.

Nancy, why is it that when we get back from vacation, life seems to want to punish us for the fun we had?!?! I hope the craziness isn't too bad and it slows down a bit for you! Nice airport drama!!! I laughed...I hope that's ok.
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #636
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
First - for me - making a pan of brownies and eating two is both legitimate and very yummy. I don't do it on a regular basis but I would absolutely do - and have - and have been successful at weight loss and fitness as well.

And second - WELCOME!

And congratulations on your race. You have a great thread for that. Most of this thread are runners - half marathoners (not me but most).

Also (Georgette as well) this thread had ebbs and flows and right after the Princess is not a busy one. They simply drank too much.

Seriously if it gets slow hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
I'm waving the white flag of surrender right now I can't keep up with ME never mind posting. I loved my trip but now I'm paying for it. I'm in costume pergatory for the next week plus and to make matters worse, my cohort just called - her machine just BROKE!
Oh no!

Quote:
Airport jail? It isn't as exciting as it it pitiful! Erika and I were late for her flight. LATE late. As in, if it weren't for the kindness of a Southwest curbside employee who totally let her jump line to check in, we never would have made it on time late. We were both on SW - different flights. My departure time was about an hour or so after hers. Security was a nightmare. We finally get to the front of the line and know that we are going to have to RUN for the tram and she'll RUN directly to her gate so as not to miss this plane. She gets thru security just fine. And me? Well, I'm that *random* person that they decide needs closer inspection. They usher me over to a plexi-glass "cage" and lock me in where I'm told to wait for a female TSA agent. Erika turns to find me - and here I am: hands and face pressed against the glass with a pitiful "what did I do" look on my face. She can't stay. We do the whole boy-in-a-plastic-bubble goodbye thing and she's on her way. They didn't keep my long - just long enough for my friend to leave without a proper good bye and now *I* have to rush to my gate. I go flying to the tram and when I get to the other side I get a text from Erika. After all that hurrying, her flight was delayed. I rush to the gate to discover that mine was too. So it was rush, panic, rush, panic, jail, panic, rush......wait.
I forgot about that. LOVED it. Especially imagining you behind the glass.

I am regularly touched at the airport and questioned. I went through this period -before passports were needed - where my passport had expired and I would use it as ID (not as a passport - crossing by car for that) in Buffalo and get through every single time and at MCO they weren't having it.

Quote:

]We're always here, you know that I'm going to live vicariously thru you and your gym search! I'm less than thrilled with my options. [B]LOVE Erin, hate the facility.
Ummm, hello details - you're killing me with that one. DETAILS!!!!!!!!!

OMG, the Disboards!!! This has taken me so long to post and edit.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 03-05-2012 at 04:17 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #637
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

I had to split these quotes up to be allowed to post and then it took my goodness a half an hour just to post. At least.....

Quote:

Awesome Lisa. Now, about these jeans. Are they shape-showing jeans or do we need an intervention together

Sychronicity. So I have these jeans.....

And I have them on at home and they are so unflattering but comfortable and I'll probably take them to NYC because of that fact and I say to Jean "CRAP. Nancy is going to have my head if she sees them". Crap.

And then I questioned Jean about what I said to you. I was like "I was being cute - but was it mean? - I didn't mean as MEAN - she's got a great body - works hard for it and such". And she thought it was funny but I hope it didn't come off as mean.

Or maybe I shouldn't care if gets you a pair of sexy jeans.

Oh God. I will always been in jean he!!. I've hardly stopped wearing those ones in the red picture even though I'm up and they are tight. Why? Because it's he!! finding jeans that fit my legs. I don't think it will change when I'm at goal either. In fact, I'm worried it will get worse.

[/QUOTE]

What if I appeared and simply watched you sew? Okay, I'll stop. Just frustrated not to see you.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 03-05-2012 at 04:22 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #638
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

I posted a profile on the SOLO board. Singles looking for singles. Who's proud of me - besides me?

( I struggle with the thought of online dating b/c I want cocky and someone to find me first but oh well and it doesn't feel natural .....but it's done)
Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #639
BethBell
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I posted a profile on the SOLO board. Singles looking for singles. Who's proud of me - besides me?

( I struggle with the thought of online dating b/c I want cocky and someone to find me first but oh well and it doesn't feel natural .....but it's done)
Go you! I totally can understand wanting cocky, but maybe you will find that cocky here. I think you have to be somewhat cocky to approach a woman online, just like in person. Although it is more nerve wracking to do it in person! I just think it is awesome to put yourself out there and see what nibbles. Plus if something nibbles in a hilarious way, I think you might have a good audience for it.
BethBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #640
AKASnowWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Nancy, why is it that when we get back from vacation, life seems to want to punish us for the fun we had?!?! I hope the craziness isn't too bad and it slows down a bit for you! Nice airport drama!!! I laughed...I hope that's ok.
I know, right? I can't complain too much though. Two weeks from today I'll be waking up in Disney again. So....yeah.

Quote:
First - for me - making a pan of brownies and eating two is both legitimate and very yummy.

For me, two brownies IS the pan

Also (Georgette as well) this thread had ebbs and flows and right after the Princess is not a busy one. They simply drank too much.

OMG. My liver was HATING me. Totally. I could hear it screaming "W-T-F? I thought we were FRIENDS"

On the up side, I got on the scale this morning and am back to my pre-trip weight.

I forgot about that. LOVED it. Especially imagining you behind the glass.
yes. Caged animal at the zoo. That's what I felt like. People were looking at me like I was a criminal. ME! A criminal. laughable, isn't it?

Quote:

me! I'm proud! Now, don't delete it!

Quote:
Go you! I totally can understand wanting cocky, but maybe you will find that cocky here. I think you have to be somewhat cocky to approach a woman online, just like in person. Although it is more nerve wracking to do it in person! I just think it is awesome to put yourself out there and see what nibbles. Plus if something nibbles in a hilarious way, I think you might have a good audience for it.

Last edited by AKASnowWhite; 03-06-2012 at 10:24 AM. Reason: still laughing at the number of times "cocky" came up in the last 2 posts. Yes. I'm 12.
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #641
AKASnowWhite

Quote:
I had to split these quotes up to be allowed to post and then it took my goodness a half an hour just to post. At least.....

YES! curse the disboards and their icon limits

And I have them on at home and they are so unflattering but comfortable and I'll probably take them to NYC because of that fact and I say to Jean "CRAP. Nancy is going to have my head if she sees them". Crap.

Worse than Big Brother watching.

And then I questioned Jean about what I said to you. I was like "I was being cute - but was it mean? - I didn't mean as MEAN - she's got a great body - works hard for it and such". And she thought it was funny but I hope it didn't come off as mean.

NO! I didn't think it was mean. Reality is, they are my comfy jeans. Of course, the last few days I've been wearing more flattering jeans. You know, because you said to!

What if I appeared and simply watched you sew? Okay, I'll stop. Just frustrated not to see you.
I would never get anything done. But I'd have fun. And I'd love it. And too bad if the kids are naked
Old 03-07-2012, 08:50 AM   #642
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hooray!

I was hesitant to start online dating a while ago and was convinced that even when I was paying for a profile, I'd meet someone like the Craigslist killer. I did meet some REALLY sketchy people where I was thankful to be on a date in a public place, but I also met some really great guys that I'm still friends with. I think if you go into it with the positive attitude of finding friends who could be something more, you'll have some luck. Or at least some GREAT stories to share with friends later.

Sorry I've been somewhat absent- work is super busy trying to get out some stuff for potential collaborators/partnerships, and none of my experiments are working. I can't tell if it's the design or the subject that's forcing this, but hopefully time will tell.

I am LIVING for my trip to visit the Mouse in 10 days. We'll only be in town the 17-19 and it's our first time staying at POR. I'm a little bummed because my dad had to cancel last minute, but I'm sure some Grey Goose slushies will fix that for me. As will walking around the parks looking at places for a wedding reception.

On other good news fronts, I was at the doctor yesterday and my heart is back to it's normal settings post-exercise. No surgery or shocking needed for now, but I still have to keep an eye on it and take things slowly. Another win!

Hopefully this afternoon I can catch up on everything I've missed here.

Oh, can someone give a tie-dye for dummies lesson? I LOVE the shirts but have never been able to do tie dye where the colors stay separate and don't look like vomit. This looks like a fun thing to try out.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #643
AKASnowWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRhi View Post
I am LIVING for my trip to visit the Mouse in 10 days. We'll only be in town the 17-19 and it's our first time staying at POR.

Have fun! I arrive late on the 19th. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping to connect with Ronda while there, as our trips overlap

On other good news fronts, I was at the doctor yesterday and my heart is back to it's normal settings post-exercise. No surgery or shocking needed for now, but I still have to keep an eye on it and take things slowly. Another win!
That is EXCELLENT news Rhianna!

My hip gets the rating "does not play well with others"

I'm so stinkin' frustrated right now. My marathon training was uncomfortable at times, but manageable. Of course, Erika laughed at me the entire weekend for my limp But it's the new "normal" for me. I had an appointment with the orthopedic dr. last week and he was pretty adament that I back off (read: eliminate) on the running for a while. And I have. And my hip has gotten WORSE! In only one week "off", I swear I'm back to where I was last fall. I think that daily (or almost daily) running gave me much needed muscle & joint movement. Now, I'll readily admit that the pounding of the running probably isn't the best idea and is likely to accelerate any degeneration in my hip however I can't give it up completely. I'm miserable and have so much more pain and stiffness that now it's barely tolerable. And I have a very high threshold for pain! <sigh>
Old 03-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #644
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Oh man, we're leaving probably around lunch that day. Got to make it back in time to pick up my grandparents from the airport.

I'm surprised the doc told you to back off. Can you maybe ride a bicycle instead of running? Have you tried glucosamine and/or chondroitin? It helps my knees when they start to flare up.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #645
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Hi!

Super quick fly by from me.

I will fully admit to thread bankruptcy - I have been reading along every day but to be honest I have had nothing to say! Work is manic busy, we've had a death in the family, and generally life has gotten in the way! DH and I are going away for the night on Saturday for some much needed rest away from it all!

Lisa - YES!! I am SUPER proud of you!

Nancy - I laughed at cocky too. I'm a teenage boy at heart

Rhi - Awesome news!

Ronda -

Everyone - Hi

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: