Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #616
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
And the SHOES! The one guy had fabulous shoes!

Rats! That is the worst week possible for me. Becca's school production is the 16-17th and that means I am in costume lockdown the whole week prior. (Partially my own fault. I've procrastinated a bit )
Rats is right. And then you head off to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
no love for my jeans? Now I have to go look at the pictures.
There is nothing to find in the pictures. All the pictures are beautiful of you. My point is that I can clearly see the jeans don't show off your body (hide it more) - that's all. Not tight vs. not - just show off. And you work so hard to have what you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
YOU were clearly delightful!

Their lack of bras was SO obvious! tatas are not meant to be on your knees, or off to the sides. They aren't elbows, people!

YES let's go with Becca. FUN. It is fun there I swear. I have plans for April 21st - would that work for you?

Ah, I will have amnesty! Sleep amnesty!!!

Yes, introverts. Please. We need some. Also, you? Not an introvert. Erika? Not the basis for comparison.

Any chance of you coming to NJ to visit me? I can plan on going into NYC to see you if not! Sad you won't be here for the High Holy Day, but you would probably not want to know me that day, anyway.
HELLO, I am an introvert. Introvert does not mean anti-social or shy. I am friendly because I've been conditioned. And I just recently took a test for fun. About 80% questions for me on the introvert side - so I'm not even close to the middle.

Liz, I thought of that. I'll get back to you.

What day are you referring? St. Patrick's Day? Or am I way off? I'm confused.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 03-01-2012 at 07:25 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #617
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post
Nancy - you have to flesh out the airport jail story. Come on! BTW, what are your Disney dates? We arrive March 18, and skedaddle the 24th. Staying at Bonnet Creek Resort. We cross, don't we?

Ronda
Yes Nancy. Story.

Ronda, all is okay in your area with storms?

Boy, your trip is coming at express speed.

Hope Sue's Mom had a better weekend.
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #618
goofyfan-12
BL II - Purple Team
The squats have really started to lift my butt

Hi gang!

Welcome back goddesses! Was following your trip on FB and with the life race tracking. You all kicked butt and had a great time. So great to see and boy how I missed not being there.

Started my new project in Corning. Been living in a hotel this week (not as much fun as it sounds - I want a kitchen but will be missing the maid service). The new team appears to be a good one and I am starting to catch on to what is going on. Was actually told that I need to drink more. I am too much of a lightweight I guess.

Getting excited about gym shopping and actually starting to be on program again. I am so going to need help climbing back on that wagon again.

Thinking of you all!
1981 - Contemproary Resort & Off Site; 1996 - Dixie Landings; 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort; 2008 - Saratoga Springs Resort; 2010 - Boardwalk Villas and the Princess 1/2 Marathon; 2012 surprise Disney Cruise!!!
goofyfan-12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #619
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Liz, I thought of that. I'll get back to you.

What day are you referring? St. Patrick's Day? Or am I way off? I'm confused.
Woo! Lisa in the NJ!!! That would be FUN. I would do my this is my life tour and bore you silly.

You got it. The High Holy Day of Non-Irish Redheads the world over!

Or as my mother once called it, The Very Important Drinking Day with My Friends.

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #620
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

Ah yes, Airport Jail. Another Nancy and E Adventure!

3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #621
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

We've been missing the violent weather. It really fires up as it moves in to the Ohio valley. I will say we're getting variety though. It was 73* yesterday and this morning there's a blue blob headed this way on the radar. Never a dull moment.

DGF's mom has been recovering slowly. Her kidney function has come back and she left the hospital and returned to rehab on Wednesday. Sue is headed to St Louis this afternoon and I expect we'll be back there next weekend. Efforts to get her moving, really exertion of any kind, causes her lots of pain. Rehab is just going to hurt.

I'm getting pumped and beginning to feel guilty about the trip. A great combo. This weekend I plan to make Mickey head tie-dye tee shirts for the four of us... Karen, you did this, right? Any tips? My nephew has been checking the wait time app faithfully. TSM default appears to be 90 minutes ; ) BTMRR rehab is a bummer. It was one of their faves last year. We'll just have to expand horizons! Space Mountain and RnRC are on the "willing" list. I'm pushing ToT, but no takers yet. We'll get the Water Parks and more option this year. I expect a trip to TL, BB and DQ (I want to do Virtual Space Mountain). I also want to do Sum of All Thrills at Innoventions.

We have a Beachcomber Shack at TL and I've got ressies for the Wishes dessert party. Actually I have several ressies for the dessert party ; ) If there's availability we may try Discovery Cove, too. I'd hate to pre-pay, no refund and get a horrible weather day. At $300 a head that would be bad. If the stars align, there's availability and the five day forecast has a bright spot we'll do it.

Paula - what an adventure. Glad it's starting well. Yeah, hotel living is fun for three days. Good luck on you gym and home search. Run beside the wagon, we'll pull you on!

Liz - Love you mom's alternate definition!

Lisa - DGF is an introvert. I am not. She explained intro/extro is what energizes you. I'd never thought of it that way, but it really sharpened my understanding of introverts. It's not shyness or anti-social feelings, it's simply tiring to interact continiously. Does that ring true for you, too?

Ronda

Last edited by Ronda93; 03-02-2012 at 08:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Ronda93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #622
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfan-12 View Post
Hi gang!

Welcome back goddesses! Was following your trip on FB and with the life race tracking. You all kicked butt and had a great time. So great to see and boy how I missed not being there.

Started my new project in Corning. Been living in a hotel this week (not as much fun as it sounds - I want a kitchen but will be missing the maid service). The new team appears to be a good one and I am starting to catch on to what is going on. Was actually told that I need to drink more. I am too much of a lightweight I guess.

Getting excited about gym shopping and actually starting to be on program again. I am so going to need help climbing back on that wagon again.

Thinking of you all!
Paula!!!!

Just what Ronda said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Woo! Lisa in the NJ!!! That would be FUN. I would do my this is my life tour and bore you silly.

You got it. The High Holy Day of Non-Irish Redheads the world over!

Or as my mother once called it, The Very Important Drinking Day with My Friends.
That dam! V bridge to Staten Island - what is it made of diamonds? It was $11 last time I crossed - I think. It's $13. I'm trying to budget tolls. I know it seems silly. But we have a boatload of them on the way to LI and the way home. Some times - depending on route - $30 - $40. And this has to be little moulah getaway. TOLLS. TOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS!

I will try my best. I would be BEYOND excited to do your life tour. I'm not being nice Liz. I WOULD BE BEYOND. It's 2 hours and ten minutes from where I am - I've already looked.

But I'm not giving up on Nancy quite yet. Nancy. But I won't stress you Nancy.

St Paddy's Day. We used to have a HUGE party every single year university and beyond for a few years. Great time. Funny story. My roommate - his name is Patrick Walsh. Paddy Walsh. So Irish. His big day. And that's where my head always strangely went. And then one day I went "Pat - what generation?" and it was something like great - or great great to get back there. And I am one generation removed. My mother's parents born and raised in Ireland. And I'm not all Irish me. And I found that amusing. I never celebrate.

WARNING: I think I've told this story a million times here. I'm getting old!

But then again I'm a drugstore redhead. My mother - poor ting - is a redhead - four kids - NONE. N.O.N.E. She had three blondes and one brunette (me). Obviously father's fault. He obviously did not carry the gene (but one of niece is). Bad father. My mother's sister - redhead - three kids - two redheads. Yeah for my uncle - he carried it! My mother actually mourned her NO REDHEAD us. I'm being serious and she's not that type - she's happy energy but she mourned. Great for one's confidence. And you should see when we get together with that side. One of my cousin's kids - three kids - three redheads.

So PLEASE tell me again what you do - your house (I can't remember) or do you all party out? I want to hear all about it.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 03-02-2012 at 09:18 AM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:10 AM   #623
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post

Lisa - DGF is an introvert. I am not. She explained intro/extro is what energizes you. I'd never thought of it that way, but it really sharpened my understanding of introverts. It's not shyness or anti-social feelings, it's simply tiring to interact continiously. Does that ring true for you, too?

Ronda
Good news on both fronts. Yeah. Happy to hear.

On the storms - I've been thinking of you and Amiee and Karen. Today is supposed to be the worst, eh? Hopefully, nothing strikes. Anywhere.

And so exciting with the trip. You're like a little girl Ronda. I LOVE it.

Introvert - yes. That's me. Your explanation. But I'm a little more strange. I ADORE people in the sense of crowds. The energy. Think WDW crowds - I'm fine. I get energy from the crowds. Ie. Downtown energizes me. Most people it drains. But I have no interest in interacting. ZERO. At all. Isn't that awful. Be there but don't speak to me. I know how bad that sounds. But that drains me. I wish it wasn't so - I get very jealous of people who love people but I don't. I feel awful typing that. But it's the truth. See Ronda - you're bang on - it's the interacting that drains me.

I am an introvert in every way. I would say imagine a dinner party - where I knew the people/energy - I do well. LOVE it. Imagine a party. It sucks every single bit of energy out of me. I don't do well. It feels like he!!. I used to judge myself - and then I read more about how introverts are so important in the world in the background and I accepted myself more.

I took all my courage - yes I said courage - to make a Teppan Edo reservation. Things like that make me shiver. Talking to people in a group that I don't know. Isn't that strange? But it did. And I ended up with a full table of introverts. Funny.

Liz doesn't think I am because I met up with her. I'm friendly and can be talkative (what a surprise!!! ) and very interested in people when I feel not overwhelmed. But I *knew* Liz and Jean and her were bonded beyond and I just sat back and watched that and smiled.

Boy that was an essay.

__________________________________________________ _________

I'm down 1.2 this week. Haven't even had a gain yet this round since January 1st. (but will of course but I'm wowed regardless). Was in the top ten for BL this week (last week's weigh in). And fit in to (not completely/ comfortably on all) on ALL my old jeans.

And you know where my whacked head goes. Don't be singing it out Lisa - you'll probably have a gain next week. So WARPED. SO FLIPPIN' WARPED.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #624
ge0rgette2
DIS Veteran

Good Morning...

I'm lurking here as SeptemberGirl mentioned this forum to me on another thread, one that I started, being upset with myself over dieting and weight loss

So here I am..

I'm going to go and read thru some posts, maybe get some motivation to stick with a 'healthy' diet and lifestyle..

I just can't stay focused .. do well a few days, best intentions and then fail miserably at it.

Anyways - enjoy the day... Best of luck!
Georgette

NYC to Bermuda ~ Norwegian Breakaway ~ May 2013

NYC Inaugural Disney Cruise to Bahamas ~ May 2012 ~ Disney Magic

NYC to Bermuda ~ May 2011 on NCL Gem

ge0rgette2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #625
3DisneyKids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge0rgette2 View Post
Good Morning...

I'm lurking here as SeptemberGirl mentioned this forum to me on another thread, one that I started, being upset with myself over dieting and weight loss

So here I am..

I'm going to go and read thru some posts, maybe get some motivation to stick with a 'healthy' diet and lifestyle..

I just can't stay focused .. do well a few days, best intentions and then fail miserably at it.

Georgette
Welcome! Please do stick around. We are crazy but absolutely DELIGHTFUL once you get to know us! :good vibes

I am from NY originally (just north of the city) and in Maine now.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #626
3DisneyKids

Happy Birthday, Cutie! Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Old 03-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #627
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge0rgette2 View Post
Good Morning...

So here I am..

Georgette
Hi Georgette - welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen, I went back and read your original thread. I truly believe that weight loss - and even more so keeping it off - is about more than food and exercise. And you'll have that here on this thread. Without overwhelming you I just want to let you know that these women have given me such strength - changed things I would never have imagined could be changed and that is such a gift that doesn't always come a knockin' in one's life. Blessed.

So happy to have you here.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:04 AM   #628
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
Happy Birthday, Cutie! Come out, come out, wherever you are!
Hey Pipsqueak - pssst did you find her?
Old 03-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #629
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Hey Goddesses, sorry I haven't been posting much, I don't have much positive to talk about and my mom always said...

Ronda, yes, we have made the mickey tie dyes a few times! The most important thing is to rubberband the mickeyhead REALLY TIGHT and thick (not just right over your stitching, but on both sides of it as well), mine is usually at least an inch, if not 2 of rubberband, this protects the stitching and ensures that the mickeyhead is defined! Good luck with it, they are hard work, but totally worth it, I hope you post pics!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #630
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Nothing left but the packing....

The tie-dye turned out pretty well. No stitching, just rubber banding. I haven't discarded the dye yet. I have another idea

Hi Georgette. Welcome. It's all moderation for me. Deprivation will drive me to milk and cookies in the KwikiMart parking lot. Stay satisfied is my mantra. And keep moving. I can have more than one mantra, right?

DGF returned this afternoon. She's sad. It's sad.

Ronda

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: