Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #526
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

Sure. Go for the easy short joke. No creativity. Sad, sad, sad.

Last edited by 3DisneyKids; 02-16-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: HA! Bite me, Red!
3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #527
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
YAY! Paula started her TR!
Ha, that is what I was going to say!

Lisa, I just want to say Thank God for you. The gift you gave Nathan is just amazing. You are amazing! Yay for a new baby.
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #528
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Dreary Friday Morning here. Mild - almost 40* this morning - so it would be a good day to get an outdoor run in if it weren't for the rain!

I'm trying to get my WW mojo back. Number 1 thing on today's to-do list: get my sh!t together!
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:27 AM   #529
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I need to get my mojo back too Nancy! I did perfectly for the whole week after we got home, but now I've been slipping up and the scale is showing it. It's been crazy dreary here too and SO much rain! It's like a mudpit in my back yard. Luckily it finally stopped and the sun came out yesterday afternoon. This mild winter is GREAT though, couldn't ask for better temps (40-50) in February!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #530
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Today starts my danger week. The week before my period is just BRUTAL as far as food cravings go. When I was thinking of adding some Cheez-Its to my morning breakfast of yogurt I knew I was in for a rough time.

I think if it's not too hot down here this weekend, I may try for a short half hour run outside. This long weekend couldn't come soon enough.

Ha- I just tried to check the weather for WPB on weather.com, and right above the 82 degrees/partly cloudy for today is a link to check this weekend's ski report. Man, I miss the snow, but mostly I miss skiing. I never thought I'd say that. But I'm justifying my almost monthly trips to Disney as "ski trips" I didn't go on.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #531
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Paula - I've only been to Universal in Los Angeles so I'm really enjoying the tour. Fantastic on the hotel.

Jo - thanks.

Liz - Have fun!!

Quote:
Sure. Go for the easy short joke. No creativity. Sad, sad, sad.
Well I hate to show my weaknesses. But I woke up feeling very guilty about the easy height joke. Bullocks!

And that's drugstore RED to you.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #532
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRhi View Post
When I was thinking of adding some Cheez-Its to my morning breakfast of yogurt I knew I was in for a rough time.

OMG.

Nancy and Karen - stress at all?

Last edited by lisaviolet; 02-17-2012 at 12:17 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #533
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

I'm down 1.1 this week. Yeah.

Okay Erika.

Now last time - years ago - you and your other red laughed at me and thought I was a nutcase so you both need to listen and behave.

So about two weeks ago I was working out and something strange went on. I had had two hours sleep and I thought "way too much with Frankie I shouldn't go down and this will be ugly". No sleep for days. U.G.L.Y.

And it wasn't. Not only was I fine. My HR was not going as high - I felt weirdly strong - and my HR was recovering at rapid speed in each interval.

So I went and and.

And then I went OH!!!!

I had taken the Carao juice (Carao plant) the night before. Out of the blue. We can't afford it any more (it's cheap - I just couldn't afford regular basis - plus shipping here is nonsense) and we had a local guy who works in Costa Rica get us a local bottle. And it tastes off like you can taste the bottle so I only took it out of desperation that night before. With the weird period I was feeling dizzy and weak and knew it was iron.

So for those who don't know. Jean has always been dangerously anemic - even as a child in Jamaica she has pica - single digits at times. She tried everything over the years - pills - shots - food - NOTHING HELPED her. And then she found this plant - Carao in Costa Rica and VOILA felt like a new girl and new athlete.

So Erika that day in the gym I thought about two things for you:

1) Is your insomnia in check?

Because if it isn't - that 15 pounds will forever be hard to keep off. Sleep is SO IMPORTANT for weight - especially at our age.

2) Even if your iron is not low low - low normal even - well the Carao will be a MIRACLE for you. A TRUE MIRACLE.

This has happened time after time after time where I take it - don't think about it - and I'm in the gym and go WT F - like I feel like I'm a powerhouse out of the blue - it takes me a sec and go OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I found a cheaper version. I'll give you both. I BET YOU WOULD HAVE A PERSONAL BEST AT THE PRINCESS. I BET. If you can get it in time. And if not I bet it would be a life changer.

I bet all of you would have a personal best.

ORDER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I don't secretly own the companies.

I'll put the links in in a sec for any of you guys that know you're low or even normal and feel "blah". It's 100% plant - Carao is a plant.

This is our original one:

http://www.naturalstamina.net/product-info.htm

And this one is cheaper:

http://www.costaricannoni.com/Other/Exotic-Fruits/Carao

And warning: I can down it no issue. Jean and Tasha (niece) have to work themselves up just to get it down.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 02-17-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #534
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
OMG.

Nancy and Karen - stress at all?
In my defense, you know, sometimes when you dip your tortilla chips into your strawberry margarita it tastes good. OK, so that's a HORRIBLE defense.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #535
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Paula - thanks for the Hyatt Place tip. Always looking for a good value. Love your TR details. I don't know when I'll get to Universal again. Vicarious living will have to do. Looking forward to more.

Glad Gary Carter is in the Hall of Fame as an Expo. Cancer really, really sucks.

We are packing up and heading to St Louis tonight. Three day weekend makes it easier.

I ran a mile this morning. I little flakiness in my knee. I had to be very deliberate to go in a straight line. That sounds easy on the TM, right? Any sideways pressure I felt something different. I'll try again tomorrow.

Liz - when does Em find out? Anxious to hear how you like BCR. Have a wonderful trip. Hope you can post a few tidbits here or on FB.

Ronda
Old 02-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #536
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Paula! Love the TR, can't wait to read more. You are making we want to try "the dark side" but I have trouble detaching myself from Disney for even a moment, so I'm unsure how I would pull it off!

Ronda, safe travels.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #537
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Horrid night last night and KAREN - I reread the first half of your TR in the middle of the night. And it soothed me. It's wonderful. And I've said it over there but brilliant photography as usual. Just brilliant. Breathtaking.

And I'm totally caught up now as well.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #538
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry you had a bad night, but I'm glad my TR soothed you! I have no idea how my craziness could soothe, but whatever works!

OH.MY.FRACKIN.FEET! Yesterday was worse, I should be glad today isn't AS bad, but still...I wore my running shoes and had to take them off I was in such pain. WHAT is going on here? I hate PF. hate it.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #539
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

Quote:
P
Well I hate to show my weaknesses. But I woke up feeling very guilty about the easy height joke. Bullocks!

And that's drugstore RED to you.
Oh please. I thought it was HI LAR IOUS. No guilt.

Quote:
I'm down 1.1 this week. Yeah.

Okay Erika.

Now last time - years ago - you and your other red laughed at me and thought I was a nutcase so you both need to listen and behave.

So about two weeks ago I was working out and something strange went on. I had had two hours sleep and I thought "way too much with Frankie I shouldn't go down and this will be ugly". No sleep for days. U.G.L.Y.

And it wasn't. Not only was I fine. My HR was not going as high - I felt weirdly strong - and my HR was recovering at rapid speed in each interval.

So I went and and.

And then I went OH!!!!

I had taken the Carao juice (Carao plant) the night before. Out of the blue. We can't afford it any more (it's cheap - I just couldn't afford regular basis - plus shipping here is nonsense) and we had a local guy who works in Costa Rica get us a local bottle. And it tastes off like you can taste the bottle so I only took it out of desperation that night before. With the weird period I was feeling dizzy and weak and knew it was iron.

So for those who don't know. Jean has always been dangerously anemic - even as a child in Jamaica she has pica - single digits at times. She tried everything over the years - pills - shots - food - NOTHING HELPED her. And then she found this plant - Carao in Costa Rica and VOILA felt like a new girl and new athlete.

So Erika that day in the gym I thought about two things for you:

1) Is your insomnia in check?

Because if it isn't - that 15 pounds will forever be hard to keep off. Sleep is SO IMPORTANT for weight - especially at our age.

2) Even if your iron is not low low - low normal even - well the Carao will be a MIRACLE for you. A TRUE MIRACLE.

This has happened time after time after time where I take it - don't think about it - and I'm in the gym and go WT F - like I feel like I'm a powerhouse out of the blue - it takes me a sec and go OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I found a cheaper version. I'll give you both. I BET YOU WOULD HAVE A PERSONAL BEST AT THE PRINCESS. I BET. If you can get it in time. And if not I bet it would be a life changer.

I bet all of you would have a personal best.

ORDER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I don't secretly own the companies.

I'll put the links in in a sec for any of you guys that know you're low or even normal and feel "blah". It's 100% plant - Carao is a plant.

This is our original one:

http://www.naturalstamina.net/product-info.htm

And this one is cheaper:

http://www.costaricannoni.com/Other/Exotic-Fruits/Carao

And warning: I can down it no issue. Jean and Tasha (niece) have to work themselves up just to get it down.

Thanks for the tip! I will totally try. Maybe my local health food store carries it? I'll try there first. No, insomnia so NOT in check. 4 hours per night. Sometimes 5. Most most most I ever get is 6. And I KNOW the weight won't come all the way off without sleeping enough. MUST. DEAL. WITH. IT.

3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #540
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post

OH.MY.FRACKIN.FEET! Yesterday was worse, I should be glad today isn't AS bad, but still...I wore my running shoes and had to take them off I was in such pain. WHAT is going on here? I hate PF. hate it.
So sorry Karen.

No crazy. Your TR is a wonderful read.

Quote:
Oh please. I thought it was HI LAR IOUS. No guilt.

Thanks for the tip! I will totally try. Maybe my local health food store carries it? I'll try there first. No, insomnia so NOT in check. 4 hours per night. Sometimes 5. Most most most I ever get is 6. And I KNOW the weight won't come all the way off without sleeping enough. MUST. DEAL. WITH. IT.
Listen great and powerful OZ - notice I didn't call you a munchin - you can't control my obsessive and ridiculous guilt issues.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not in any health food store Pipsqueak. I bet they've never heard of it. Grab a CC - do rapid mail and down it. I swear I'll be your bestie for life if you imbibe it before the big race.

Have you tried meditation - on the sleeping? I'm ducking.

For a fast fix. I sometimes - once in awhile - and I know this isn't smart - down a benadryl - one and it works. Not often but it helps to get a great sleep in. Or have you tried Valerian? Or you know what? You know how one hears that working out at night will keep one up? The other day I did an eleven o'clock workout and slept like a baby. Strange. Okay brainstorming but get the carao.

Have you talked to Liz? How was Emily? So fun.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 02-19-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: