Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #511
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

Yes! Here but not commenting much. Ran 12 miles yesterday and it went well. More importantly, though, it is done! And I am ready for the Princess!

Last edited by 3DisneyKids; 02-16-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Top spot! Word!
3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #512
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post
A pokey Aunt Ronda would damage my rep!

Ronda
on that.

But sorry on the other. Frustrating. Especially because I know for you that running is a mental clearing as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post

Promise by next post, I'll have everyone's names down. Well, maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfan-12 View Post

Lisa - you were closest on the location. Southern tier, base of the Finger Lakes and not far from Ithaca. I will be in Corning!

Yeah Corning. I just went through recently - way to Williamsburg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Hi!

Leaving Sat Am.

Although I am a tad bitter. And sad. I've actually thought of grabbing a credit card.

But STILL happy for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
Yes! Here but not commenting much. Ran 12 miles yesterday and it went well. More importantly, though, it is done! And I am ready for the Princess!
WT F?

12? I thought you said you were finished long last week? Or maybe I'm confused. But good to hear you're ready.

And whatever on your edit.

It's been a year since Nathan. And he phoned today. And while I want to keep that part private and close to me I do want to share two beautiful things. Are you ready? I'm SO excited.

Ready?

He's having another child. Now that's lovely. Third.

And his creatinine (God I still can't spell it? ) is still dropping. STILL. This means super kidney is SUPER. And he feels fantastic.

And he's waiting for a cadaver for a pancreas - and that could happen at any moment but will probably be before the end of the year.

Yeah.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 02-16-2012 at 06:23 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #513
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Nancy - hang in there.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #514
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

And Liz. Thanks for asking. Frankie is same. Okay. But still in pain (in litter). So something is still to be figured out. I'm not allowing it to exhaust me at this point but it would be lovely to have him not feel any pain.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #515
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Gary Carter died today (baseball). Oh how I ADORED him. Big 15 year old crush. Expo forever for moi. Sad news.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #516
3DisneyKids

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
WT F?

12? I thought you said you were finished long last week? Or maybe I'm confused. But good to hear you're ready.

And whatever on your edit.

YES, I was supposed to do my last long run on Friday of last week. But I had Cammie home (she had her wisdom teeth out) and I couldn't leave her for that long. So the next available day I had was yesterday. So it was much later than I planned, but I got it in.

And you're just jealous on the edit. Suck. It.

It's been a year since Nathan. And he phoned today. And while I want to keep that part private and close to me I do want to share two beautiful things. Are you ready? I'm SO excited.

Ready?

He's having another child. Now that's lovely. Third.

And his creatinine (God I still can't spell it? ) is still dropping. STILL. This means super kidney is SUPER. And he feels fantastic.

And he's waiting for a cadaver for a pancreas - and that could happen at any moment but will probably be before the end of the year.

Yeah.
Now THIS! This made my day. :good vibes What amazing news! Amazing! So happy to hear this. The baby, the levels, and that he feels so good. You and he are on my bib again this year for the race next week. And Cutie's sister and my Kelly.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #517
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Lisa - I'd say to grab one and come. COME. Meet Em and My Former 36 Points!

Oh, and the team.

N is sad about Gary Carter, too. Mets fan. You know how they are.

LOVELY on Nathan, just great great news! Don't you feel just WONDERFUL about all of that! Oh! It brings tears to my eyes!

I don't want to pack. Dinner is late, cooking, the other two are working on a school project. They are quite cute. I am wishing I had a nice meal right now and TV and no packing. Grr to packing. Grr grr grr. Shut up, I know at least I have legs!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #518
3DisneyKids

Yes! Lisa!! Please, please, please! You have to come! Have. To.

Hmmmm....what can I do to persuade you?

Oh, I see what it is now. You are afraid. Poor, poor Lisa doesn't want the Pipsqueak to beat her down in Toy Story Maina. Or on Buzz Lightyear. Now I understand. *sigh* It must be difficult to be held captive by your fears of losing like that. I wouldn't know anything about that, seeing as I would OWN YOU on those rides. Yes, by all means, stay up there in the safety of the Great White North. And keep those excuses coming. Someone out there might actually believe them...

Old 02-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #519
3DisneyKids

Or maybe it is a fear of losing in Pool Slide races? *sigh* Just so so sad, these fears.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #520
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Or maybe it is a fear of losing in Pool Slide races? *sigh* Just so so sad, these fears.
OMG.

Whatever.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #521
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

If I had little or no CC debt - I would. Honestly. It's gone through my mind all week. But I have debt so I just can't.

THis is how serious I am. I booked NYE BW view. Got it!!!! Waited for months in anticipation to book it. And because of Frankie I think I will have to sell it. Truly. And it's ten months away.....

Work's been very slow and therefore I have way more debt than I am comfortable with - BUT I am trying to get to NYC (no money put out - tolls and gas - stay with a friend) for March break. So I will let you know if it works out. Erika you could visit your brother.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #522
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Lisa - I'd say to grab one and come. COME. Meet Em and My Former 36 Points!

Oh, and the team.

N is sad about Gary Carter, too. Mets fan. You know how they are.

LOVELY on Nathan, just great great news! Don't you feel just WONDERFUL about all of that! Oh! It brings tears to my eyes!

I don't want to pack. Dinner is late, cooking, the other two are working on a school project. They are quite cute. I am wishing I had a nice meal right now and TV and no packing. Grr to packing. Grr grr grr. Shut up, I know at least I have legs!
Yes shut up.

Oh how I would love to meet them.

And I too was touched with Nathan. I DO feel wonderful with this update. Because the chances are that the baby *might* never have come to this earth. And now he or she is a comin' - IS A COMIN'. THAT is thrilling. I'm sad not to have T (grandfather) here to see his grandchildren (he saw Nathan's first ) but pleased and think of him a lot and thrilled for this outcome.

Quote:
Yes! Lisa!! Please, please, please! You have to come! Have. To.

Hmmmm....what can I do to persuade you?

Oh, I see what it is now. You are afraid. Poor, poor Lisa doesn't want the Pipsqueak to beat her down in Toy Story Maina. Or on Buzz Lightyear. Now I understand. *sigh* It must be difficult to be held captive by your fears of losing like that. I wouldn't know anything about that, seeing as I would OWN YOU on those rides. Yes, by all means, stay up there in the safety of the Great White North. And keep those excuses coming. Someone out there might actually believe them...
THere is no way in bloody he!! that you - especially sitting on a phone book - would ever be able to beat me on either. I go for a win not "let me focus and get the shot". Accuracy is a loser's sport. Isn't that right, Nancy?

Great White North Toronto edition has no snow White all over Maine girl. So funny there is more than one WHITE all over Maine. Sorry for you on the people one.

Oh how I wish Erika.

Is Cammie back to school? It went well? D
Old 02-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #523
goofyfan-12
BL II - Purple Team
The squats have really started to lift my butt

Paula’s surprise vacation full of rest and relaxation

Ok – so you all know that I have been horrifically overworked for the past year and was long overdue for a vacation. I was originally going to go hang out in Florida with my aunt and uncle at the Villages just west of Orlando but the best laid plans were not to be. While I did spend some time at the Villages marveling of what my life could be once I turned 55 (the Villages is a huge retirement community that basically has all of the recreation an active adult could hope for – hello they have 37 golf courses!) this turned into so much more of a vacation because I went on a 4 night Disney cruise on the new Disney Dream!!!! So, come aboard and share in my fabulous week away from reality.

Day 1
With my sister as my travelling companion, we were up and out of the house as the sun was rising to head for the airport. We had scored $95 each way flights on Southwest and were loving life with that price. We even splurged for the extra $20 for the express check in service that guaranteed us an A group boarding pass. After a bit of a bumpy flight and one heck of a right turn on the tarmac at MCO (seriously, I didn’t know planes could make a hard right turn at that speed) we were soon on our way to baggage claim and the car rental counters.

Our bags arrived with no issues and we were soon pulling gout in our shiny red Ford Taurus and heading to the Hyatt Place hotel across from Universal Studios. I had a date with a certain wizard….

Before I go on I have to talk a bit about the Hyatt Place chain of hotels. They are relatively new and come from the Hyatt group. While I have yet to stay in a Hyatt Regency that I haven’t loved (hello – the one in Jersey City beats any of the mid-town Manhattan hotels at that same price range and can’t compare with their view), the Hyatt Place group continues to exceed my expectations. I first stayed with them in Sacramento when I went out there for work. The rooms are a bit bigger than most and include a small sitting area in addition to a generous bedroom area. What truly makes this place fabulous is the staff. They are just so accommodating and nice – I really can’t say enough about them. When you check in you get a quick tour of the lobby offerings including the ‘kitchen’ area. All you need to do is ask and they are there to help you get what you need. Way better than a Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, etc. and well within the same price range as these other chains. (think about $100/night depending on where and when you travel). We booked this through Universal’s website as they were a partner hotel and could get us into Universal’s Island of Adventures and hour earlier than the general public. No front of the line access but that pesky wizard doesn’t offer it anyways so no need to waste $300/ night on the on site properties.

After a bit of freshening up, we were off to the park. We had bought a two day, two park ticket so we were free to go where ever we wanted. The weather was a bit drizzly and generally kind of eh, but still decent touring weather. We headed through the empty gates (it was about 1:00 at this point), stopped for a sandwich at one of the coffee shops and then we started the walk back to Hogsmeade. We passed through the island with Dr. Suess theming which was cute and then through what I think was an Morrocan village, we were at the Hogsmeade gate. What struck us about our walk back there was how empty the park felt. It was as if no one was there. We soon realized where all the people were.

Hogsmeade was bustling with people but didn’t feel too crowded. We truly must have been there on an off day because while there were people there, it was not wall to wall. You could see all of the details in on the buildings and look in the shop windows and such with relative ease. We started to wonder back towards Hogwarts castle, stopped to see a bit of the Hogworts choir and frogs perform, and were pleasantly surprised by the ‘short’ wait time for the Forbidden Journey ride.

OMG what an amazing job they did with this ride. You enter into through the gates of the grounds, stow your stuff in a free locker and then head for the queue. You start out in the herbology greenhouses and soon find yourself in Dumbldore’s office, the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom and then you are off on the ride. I won’t give away too many spoilers here but the queue is in some ways better than the ride as there is so much to see. The ride itself was just amazing. It is one of the most realistic motion simulator rides I have ever been on.

Of course they dump you into the shop where you can buy pretty much anything Harry Potter related. The one downside is that the pricing is not cheap and yet all you saw walking around were kids outfitted in complete robes, scarves and wands. The total for that package is easily pushing $200! We headed out of there (I needed a breather before we did it again) and walked back towards Hogsmeade.

While in Hogsmeade, we rode the dragon coasters which have been newly themed to be part of the Tri-Wizard tournament and then it was now time to try some Butterbeer!

My sister had the frozen kind and I had the straight up kind. I think the frozen had the edge on the straight. The flavor is hard to describe as it was part crème soda with a bit of the spice from gingerbread in there. There was this frothy top to it that was vanilla like as well. All in all it was tasty but whoa Nelly was it sweet! Not sure I could recommend that to anyone with an existing blood sugar issue. We sipped our butterbeers as we strolled through Zonko’s and the candy shop. I almost bought a chocolate frog but opted for the keychain instead. Following our stroll through the shops, we dumped the rest of our butterbeer as they were too sweet to finish. I will say this though – they were cheap. I think it was about $3 each and the serving size was decent. By far the most reasonable expense in the whole area! From here it was back to Hogwarts and the Forbidden Journey again. Yes, it rocked on the second trip and I picked up even more from the queue.

From here we continued through the rest of the ‘empty’ park on our way to the Spiderman ride. The comic book island had so many images from all of the comic strips I grew up with. It was fun to walk through and remember things like Billy’s round-about paths with the dashed lines from Family Circus or Dudley DoRight and even Boris and Natasha. Lots of smiles happening there. A quick trip with the Spiderman and we had decided that there really wasn’t anything else that captured our attention there. At this point, it was about 4:00 so we decided to walk over to the original Universal Studios park to check out a few favorites there.

First we had to check out the construction of the Despicable Me ride (really it is the renovation of the Jimmy Neutron ride). They had some images of Gru and the minions along the protective wall around the work area which were fun. I love the minions so I had fun checking them out.

From there we were off to hang with the Simpsons! We virtually walked right on to the ride and escaped Sideshow Bob’s attempt to kill us all in his theme park. A fun trip as always. We then headed over to hunt some ailiens down at Men in Black – another walk on and then decided to check out the Mummy returns. This was the first time we ran into a line. The board out front reported a 15 minute wait but it was really closer to 30. No worries as it really was the only line of the day and the ride was great as usual. At this point, the park was closing and we were on our way out happy that we did all of our must dos in one afternoon! Dinner that night was at the Hard Rock Café. Good food, good music and generally a great way to end the day. It was back to the hotel for a much needed night’s sleep.
1981 - Contemproary Resort & Off Site; 1996 - Dixie Landings; 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort; 2008 - Saratoga Springs Resort; 2010 - Boardwalk Villas and the Princess 1/2 Marathon; 2012 surprise Disney Cruise!!!

Last edited by goofyfan-12; 02-16-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: still working on getting the photo sizing right. Perhaps I am turning Amish...
goofyfan-12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #524
3DisneyKids

YAY! Paula started her TR!

Last edited by 3DisneyKids; 02-16-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Now post the rest of it, dammit!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #525
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
THere is no way in bloody he!! that you - especially sitting on a phone book - would ever be able to beat me on either. I go for a win not "let me focus and get the shot". Accuracy is a loser's sport. Isn't that right, Nancy?
sitting on a phone book

I'm loving the TR Paula. But really? Amish?

Last edited by AKASnowWhite; 02-16-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: sitting.on.a.phone.book. lmao
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: