Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #496
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
I've made an executive decision. Becca MAY NOT go away to college. Nope. She must stay home and take online classes. She is far too big a source of entertainment for her not to be around on a daily basis.
Yes. I like that decision

I am SO off-plan this week. I haven't tracked a thing since last ? Wednesday maybe?
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #497
goofyfan-12
BL II - Purple Team
The squats have really started to lift my butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post

Paula! Last name on WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? tonight.
I'm here... just been in part post vacation bliss and part work doom and gloom.

Been thinking of you all and will properly introduce myself to all of our newbies. I will also make a real point of not waiting so long in between visits. Lots going on here to fill you all in on.

First - I do have a trip report started for my vacation. I needed to go through the pictures so that I can do it right. Almost done with that so I can post the first day or two.

Second - work update. After a great deal of I can't believe you people are making this big a deal out of this, I am being transferred to a new project! It is all very exciting and a little scary since I will be moving three hours west of where I have been for the vast majority of my life. The project is a great one and the career opportunities are amazing but leaving the capitol is going to be hard as I have been there for the better part of 8 years now. Of course, they want me there in about two weeks so there is lots to do. Of course, my being alone in a new town gives me more time to hang out here. heh-heh....

So that about sums things up for me. I need to pick some pictures for day one and will be back with the start of the trip report.

Lisa - sending you and Frankie hugs. Nancy, you get them too for Becca.

For everyone who is healing, please listen to your bodies and let them heal. I am battling both PF (ouch) and some minor arthritis in my back (double ouch) at the moment. It just plain sucks but all I can do is wait it out and let it heal.
1981 - Contemproary Resort & Off Site; 1996 - Dixie Landings; 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort; 2008 - Saratoga Springs Resort; 2010 - Boardwalk Villas and the Princess 1/2 Marathon; 2012 surprise Disney Cruise!!!
goofyfan-12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #498
goofyfan-12
BL II - Purple Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
Yes. I like that decision

I am SO off-plan this week. I haven't tracked a thing since last ? Wednesday maybe?
You and me both Nancy. Just ate Ben and Jerry's PB Cup ice cream. Where is the whacking yourself upside the head icon?
1981 - Contemproary Resort & Off Site; 1996 - Dixie Landings; 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort; 2008 - Saratoga Springs Resort; 2010 - Boardwalk Villas and the Princess 1/2 Marathon; 2012 surprise Disney Cruise!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #499
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfan-12 View Post

Second - work update. After a great deal of I can't believe you people are making this big a deal out of this, I am being transferred to a new project! It is all very exciting and a little scary since I will be moving three hours west of where I have been for the vast majority of my life. The project is a great one and the career opportunities are amazing but leaving the capitol is going to be hard as I have been there for the better part of 8 years now. Of course, they want me there in about two weeks so there is lots to do. Of course, my being alone in a new town gives me more time to hang out here. heh-heh....
Congrats on the new project! Back in November, I had three weeks to finish my project at work in MA, pack what I could of my house into my tiny Ford Escape, and move to Florida with my dog. I arrived in town at 10pm on a Friday night and started my new assignment at 9am on Monday. It is nice to have tons of time without social obligation in the evenings, but not knowing anyone outside of my boyfriend and a few coworkers has made for a bit of a rough transition for me. I hope yours goes smoothly.

Just gandering a guess here, but are you headed to out to the Syracuse area? Or are you going kind of north/west? I did my undergrad up at SLU, so that part of the state used to be pretty familiar to me. Although in the 10 years since graduating, the closest I've come to the area is Lake Placid.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #500
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

How exciting Paula!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what a fun game for moi.

FINGER LAKES??????

My guesses:

1) Auburn

2) Seneca Falls

Or NW - hmmmm have to think about NW. What fun!

Will return later....
Old 02-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #501
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Or a little SW - Ithaca. Oh that would be pretty.

NW???? Mountains - Adirondacks hmmm - that's more north - NW - Somewhere south of Watertown.

Killing me.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:18 AM   #502
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Paula, what exciting news! Two weeks! Ack! Get packin!

My PF is annoying the &$#* out of me, especially b/c it's bothering me enough that really all I can do is sit around. I'm not an idle person, so it's depressing me a bit, especially with post trip blahs and weather blahs going on as well. Only direction at this point is up, so that's a plus!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #503
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Paula - what a great opportunity! Congratulations, but understand the scary part. I haven't started over in a LONG time. I'm anxious to see and hear about your cruise. We are hoping to go somewhere warm soon.

Our somewhere warm will likely be Puerto Rico. DGF wants to snorkel. I want to zipline. We both want to get away.

I get to get away first. The planning for WDW spring break trip next month is going strong. Just realized the Cardinals are playing the Braves at WWoS that week. We'd love to do that, but it's the beginning of the trip. The kids would be more interested in sitting on the hillside Thursday or Friday. Monday, NO WAY!

I ran for one minute this morning. Walking feels fine. A as soon as I began to run there was pain. I'm not training for anything (damn you Chicago) so there's no need to push it. My other don't push it is I don't want to be the weak link at Disney or on vacation with DGF. A pokey Aunt Ronda would damage my rep!

Give it a few days and try again. Sigh.

Ronda

Last edited by Ronda93; 02-15-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Ronda93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:30 PM   #504
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Ronda, have you thought of Belize? A friend of mine just got back and was talking about an awesome zip line and cave tubing day trip she took. They apparently went through a rainforest at different stops, it sounded really neat.

I think we may actually be in Disney around the same time-- my dad is in Orlando for a conference, so DBF and I are heading up for the long weekend. We are thinking about going to the game on Saturday vs. Toronto over the game on Monday since the Cardinals spring training facility is literally throwing distance from where I work, so we figure we'll change things up a bit. If Uggla (the DBF's man crush) is out of the lineup, we'll likely be at every game between Saturday and Monday, trying to see him.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #505
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Ronda, sorry you couldn't run. Puerto Rico sounds nice! ANYTHING with sun and warmth sounds nice now, but spring will be here soon enough, time seems to be flying by this winter!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:43 PM   #506
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Hhhheeeelllllooooo ladies!!! How is everybody doing on this beautiful Wednesday night? Beautiful as in 73 degrees, I'm FINALLY off call tomorrow and can get back to running and yoga again...yay!!! Hit the elliptical a bunch of times over the past week but it's just not the same

Anyone ever deal with a hip problem? For some bizarro reason, I haven't been able to sit cross-legged since before Thanksgiving and have limited range of motion in my left hip. My chiro has been able to get a little mobility back, but even she said it was time for the orthopedic. It doesn't bother me a bit to run, thank goodness, but it's pretty comical to watch me in yoga class.

(Disney alert: watching Lion King for only the millionth time!)

Anyone going to be visiting the holy Mickey land on Mother's Day weekend???

Promise by next post, I'll have everyone's names down. Well, maybe...

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #507
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post
Our somewhere warm will likely be Puerto Rico. DGF wants to snorkel. I want to zipline. We both want to get away.

zipline is SO FUN! You will LOVE it Ronda!

I ran for one minute this morning. Walking feels fine. A as soon as I began to run there was pain.
be better Ronda

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRhi View Post
Ronda, have you thought of Belize?
OOOH! Belize! That's a great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Anyone ever deal with a hip problem? For some bizarro reason, I haven't been able to sit cross-legged since before Thanksgiving and have limited range of motion in my left hip. My chiro has been able to get a little mobility back, but even she said it was time for the orthopedic. It doesn't bother me a bit to run, thank goodness, but it's pretty comical to watch me in yoga class.
oh yeah. Hip issues right here. I dealt with what I thought was a hip flexor issue for, oh, maybe close to a year? I finally went to the orthopedic just before Christmas and an x-ray confirmed that I have arthritis in my left hip I will never cure it, but I can manage it. I now take glucosamine daily, been thru tons of PT and spend at least 15 minutes a day doing some very targeted stretching.

I'm usually one for working thru *discomfort*. But- it is so worth it to figure out what the root of the problem is so that you know how best to attack it and make it better.
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:52 PM   #508
goofyfan-12
BL II - Purple Team

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. It will certainly be an adventure.

Lisa - you were closest on the location. Southern tier, base of the Finger Lakes and not far from Ithaca. I will be in Corning!

Someone needs to tell me why I am eating as if it is my job.... sigh. I so want to stop this bad trend.

Ronda - take care of you

Hip pain is not fun. Nancy is the expert on this one so I will defer.

Off to bed for me.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #509
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Hit the elliptical a bunch of times over the past week but it's just not the same
Ain't that the truth. I suppose it's OK for me now since it's not as taxing, but I don't always feel like I get in a good workout. I'm trying to get my body into the swing of my training schedule (short distances T, W, Th, weight training F, light cardio Sat, long run Sun, rest M), and not over-doing it on an elliptical is hard. But man, do I wish I could run as fast as I roll on an elliptical!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #510
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train

Hi!

Ronda, THANK you for the tutorial - I totally understood that. I have to pay attention to where my blister forms and troubleshoot the reason - I have tape just in case!

Vacation anywhere is awesome. I was in Belize for a day and I loved it.

I am busy at work, trying to do errands, clean house, and pack! Leaving Sat Am. Em still doesn't know!

I am reading but not commenting a lot. But I am here!

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: