Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #466
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post

Sitting on my @$$ resting SUCKS! I just hope the resting is working.
Good girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
Popping in real quick before I start my crazy day to say:

Down 1.6 lbs :woohoo]
Hel - lo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRhi View Post

Speaking of slimming down, does anyone have any suggestions on food to eat when all you want are sweets? I used to eat cool whip and better'n peanut butter, but I can't find the fake peanut butter anywhere down here.
Agree with Nancy and Liz.

And feel that a lot of weight gain in the US and Canada - not all but a lot - come from not eating crap in general but thinking you can never eat it when losing - or not eating it when the craving simply comes and then gorging on it when the *good* food doesn't cut it in a specific moment and then the diet machine person gives in to what they could have had it balance to begin with. Ugly cycle I will never ever return to - I only eat foods I love healthy and not. Whoops - I think Liz already said this - more succinctly.

However, I have noticed that when I'm eating a lot of mixed frozen berries - which I love - I never want sweets. I don't set out to do that I just notice.

Plus, I also notice water is the same. Dehydrated want sweets.

Tired often translates as want sweets.

And as Nancy said it's to do with nutritional deficiencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post

Bridal shower - hmm, who is the Maid of Honor? Who is in charge so to speak? I need more details.

Look at you.

Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
Here! Sick and swamped at work.
Crap. Hate sick. I bet you fight it like he!!.

Quote:

I'm so wrapped up in thinking of that ride I forgot what I was going to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post

Have stayed in Kennebunkport. Love it! Used to hang out there and in Wells(?) over Thanksgiving weekend and hit up the no sales tax shopping in New Hampshire:
Oh NH memories.

We were always road tripping to North Conway in university. Lovely memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DisneyKids View Post
Saw this big guy on my run today. I knew it was a gorgeous day (in the 40s again), and apparently he wanted to catch some rays, too!

Look at THOSE HOUSES. Do you live that big?

I think I've seen a picture. I think.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 02-11-2012 at 02:40 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #467
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Will return. Must eat. Indian KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #468
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

Helpful parental driving instructor that I am - I screamed. and freaked just a little as this bird appeared to be stuck to the front of the car for a few moments before it blew over the hood and flew off. Or tumbled off..whatever. it was off. Becca was so disappointed that there were no feathers stuck in the grill and told everyone at drama how she just hit a pterodactyl [/B][/COLOR]
on Becca.

And double on your scream.

Glad all three of you were okay - you, Becca and the prehistoric creature.

Quote:
o
I don't mind picking up the slack, but they keep throwing out these ridiculous ideas (uplighting while opening her presents, and gift bags filled with champagne and nice glasses for guests) and only want to throw $50 towards the shower. It's just a little frustrating.
Holy cow Rhianna. Frustrating.

Quote:
So you have a group and no leader. Who is next in line to be MoH? Any forerunners?

Look at you part deux. Totally entertaining are you.

Quote:
And completely unrelated but good news-- I'm cleared for light activity. HOORAY! I'm going to have a HOT DATE with the elliptical tomorrow. I'M SO EXCITED.
Fantastic Rhianna. Great news. You must have been thrilled. HOT DATE I guess you are.

Quote:
I thought it was the server at work too

Lisa 29 days? Has that happened before?
Quote:
Lisa, have you talked to your ob/gyn?

Mine says that it's likely a pre-menopausal symptom that I shouldn't be too alerted about (***, I'm only 32!?!) unless it gets REALLY heavy with REALLY long and happens more often. Not very helpful, but figured I'd pass it along anyhow.
Thanks to both of you. Thanks to everyone.

Rhianna - that's where my head was at. Thank you so much for that.

No Jo - never before. Before 42 - like clockwork. Well every 24 days but regardless clockwork.

Since okay. One two for one about a year ago but nothing like this.

If it had come in a time without stress or at an earlier age I would be on it. But I have been having no sleep - heavy stress (not as much Frankie as kdflsdjkfjsdfl vets) - and I'm soon to enter menopause.

So I figure Bermuda triangle.

Rhianna - I have never been to an ob/gyn.

Also, if it isn't all that and it's fibroids they might do something that brings on menopause and I'm not emotionally ready for that. I will probably never get to be a mother - especially adding in Nathan's surgery (only meaning adds to age monitoring) - but I guess I want to be delusional for a little more time. Yeah I do.

If it happens again or continues I will go in. I don't want them to throw BCPs at me b/c I'm not taking them.

Thanks everyone. I'm just hoping this effed up hormone time doesn't start to affect weight. That I don't want. A given.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 02-11-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #469
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

I've been thinking about you lots Lisa. You and Frankie

Quote:

Hope all is well with you and Frankie and your parents....and all of it. Love you, babe.

Mom and Dad are okay. In Florida. Dad told me he had tremendous pain last week but wouldn't go to check it out b/c friends were away and he was worried that something was seriously wrong and what to do with Mom. Sighing. He seems to be okay. He also is paranoid about coverage. I've probably done that to him. Yep, probably. I've often said if you don't think it's life or death but you know it's serious. GO TO THE AIRPORT AND GET ON A DAM@ PLANE ASAP.

Horror stories of having coverage but not getting it when you have huge bills.

SIGHING.

Quote:
Lisa - always steady losses, no matter how small!
Thanks Liz. That helps.

And once again - youngins get it DONE. Since 42 - I know I'm a old record - entirely different.

Quote:
KAREN. LISTEN TO KAT. Also, ladies? Karen wore flip flops with her PF in WDW!!!!!!! Where is the scolding icon? We need a finger wagging icon! Tag Fairy? Can you make that happen?

Anyhoo sorry had to out you! For your own good!!!!!

Kat, good luck today! I am putting mine off until I feel better. I need to feel better. Lisa, you are right. PRONTO. I am SO over this.

Lisa, I am glad there is a good vet - at least Frankie has a dr who cares. Shame on those other ones. Shame shame shame.

I should vet shop now. Before the two need anything. Btw, they are crazy. But hilarious. No, Hi Lar Ious. They found my stack of things to pack and have been cuddled in the middle of my piles for 24 hours. When they are not running around at 11pm like lunatics, trying to fit between the walls and the entertainment center.

So I weighed in and I am 1.6 down! Woo!!!
Fantastic Liz!!!!!!!!!! Good for you.

Your cats sound adorable.

And you should on the vets. It's terrible to be looking in an emergency. We always had a regular until Billie died. Never loved them but lesser of evils. They tried to get me to give in and put him down. Gently. But I wouldn't. They were right. I was trying to save a dying cat and then when I finally did - as we were putting him down - bag of bones was he - the same vet answered Jean's emotional "we can't do a thing, right?" to the tune of "Well we don't REALLY know that for sure". As we were crying and putting him down.

AND I WAS D.O.N.E. for life there. Never ever went back or to another vet. It's still an awful memory.

So yes get a wonderful relationship going now.

And yes on the good vet. I can't even tell you what peace it gives me that no matter what happens to Frankie I now have a safe place to make tough decisions. And if Frankie does pass - at least I will never go through BS with Neville. Truly blessed to find them.

Aren't cats a joy? I always had dogs. And am a dog girl. But they are so funny.

Thanks for all your support. And your anger. I LOVE that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
Karen, wait until you have no pain can jump on both feet before you try to walk, let alone run.

Otherwise, again, you will spend months and months in pain until you finally have to give in and rest for 4-6 weeks while you heal.

Lisa, with Frankie. Some cats take longer to heal than others. Especially older cats. Trinity never did grow her fur back from the last surgery and it was over a year ago. A good vet is so so crucial. The first vet is hosing you, too, I have had this surgery done 3 times and it cost under $1000 each time. I shopped vets the first time as the original est was 2K and I found out that the vet that charges the reasonable vet is also the NICE vet.

Sorry I didn't email you - this week I was sick as a dog and completely swamped at work.

I'm doing the Princess! At a slow walk. My leg is completely better now but I have been unable to train as much as I would have liked due to laying off it for 5 weeks. Today is 11 miles walking so hopefully it goes well.
Kat. Thanks.

I did go to two vets. Both were coming in around $1700 for the surgery. I've noticed online that US vets seem to be lower. The first vet pre-surgery was about $700 in ten minutes. UNREAL. For checking him out and diagnosing. And it was WRONG. Twice.

I think some vets buy too many expensive *toys* that are not a necessity and then they have to get us to pay for upkeep and cost in general. This new vet uses her hands and brains for so much. And she was the only one that has been bang on. The other were xraying and such all over the place and got it all wrong.

Thank you.

Are you any better with illness? Yes? I hope so.

Glad to hear you're probably doing the Princess and that your leg is better . How is your FIL doing? Same I guess, eh?

RONDA - thinking of you and Sue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I promise! Oh and get this! Speaking of socks...I only have 3 pair of the Wright socks (those suckers are expensive!) and I took them to WDW b/c I knew I would need to wear my running shoes and thought it would help with blisters, etc. So we do laundry halfway through the trip and I LOSE one of my socks! I've never been so annoyed with losing a sock, but now my sock is blissfully hanging out somewhere in WDW without me.
Yes listen to them.

I've heard pilates can do wonders for PF. It might be reformer though not mat.

Also, if you stand still -do a plie or as much of a squat as you can - air punching rapidly upper cuts and regular sends the HR soaring. Surprisingly. So you're saving your lower body injuries. Can do this in intervals. Just in case you're going stir crazy.

But I agree with everyone. You shouldn't be stubborn. Easier said than done - I know.

I have to go back to your TR Karen.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 02-11-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #470
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

12 miles done. Walked almost all of it, but kept a reasonable pace and I am not too bad off now. Some blisters and a little sore, but the previously injured leg held up nicely.

Quote:
Your precious, precious feet! They carry you through this life, my friend! Be good to them, always. No more flip flops. Not until this is all healed. No running. HEAL. Good shoes and socks will cool your feet! (I have to send you the socks but you cannot run in them okay????)

No. Pain. At. All. Means no pain. At all.

I cannot answer for the bike - Nancy? But you can do yoga and pilates, I think!
YES. What she said. Seriously, which is better? Taking 3-4 weeks off now and then training back up to no pain, or suffering through pain for the rest of the year then taking 4-6 weeks off anyhow with the major injury you now have for suffering through the other?

Believe me, I have been there, done that.

Oh, and if you have chronic PF? Donate your flip-flops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post

Crap. Hate sick. I bet you fight it like he!!.

Kat. Thanks.

I did go to two vets. Both were coming in around $1700 for the surgery. I've noticed online that US vets seem to be lower. The first vet pre-surgery was about $700 in ten minutes. UNREAL. For checking him out and diagnosing. And it was WRONG. Twice.

I think some vets buy too many expensive *toys* that are not a necessity and then they have to get us to pay for upkeep and cost in general. This new vet uses her hands and brains for so much. And she was the only one that has been bang on. The other were xraying and such all over the place and got it all wrong.

Thank you.

Are you any better with illness? Yes? I hope so.

Glad to hear you're probably doing the Princess and that your leg is better . How is your FIL doing? Same I guess, eh?

I am much better now. Just some lingering congestion. Of COURSE I fight it like he!!. I mean, really.

Glad that you are in a better place with Frankie. This can really mess with them, but I am hopeful that new vet will get him squared away.

I am definitely doing the Princess and my leg is much better. When the Princess is done, I am taking March off from running completely and then April to work my way back up.

FIL, well, you know how it goes. End stage congestive heart failure has ups and downs. I think he will finally lose his drivers license now (long story) which is a *seriously* good thing for all involved.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #471
3DisneyKids

I'm having an out-of-body experience
I'll have to experiment on DH's computer
I am so lovin' you right now

Quote:

Look at THOSE HOUSES. Do you live that big?

I think I've seen a picture. I think.
Yeah, we live big. Funny saying it that way. That's my friend Kate's house in the back. The seal was on her property. They live on the marsh...and at high tide they can paddle through the marsh out to ocean. But that's the thing about Maine...we have SPACE. Lots and lots of it. We owns several acres which is the norm out here. Kate doesn't have much acreage since she is so close to the coast, we are more inland so we have lots more land. All wooded. Remember the bears? Yeah, Francis (the kids named him) will be back soon!

Quote:
Vintage Lisa.

LIZ! Way to go on the loss! Goddess Crown! Totally!

KAREN--flip flops? FLIP FLOPS?!?! With your known feet and knee issues? Yeah, they are out of your life pretty much forever. You can walk from your hotel room to the pool in them and that is it. Period.

The good news--yes, you can stationary bike with PF. No worries there. Are you doing your stretches?

KAT--awesome job on the miles! Woot! You are ready!

3DisneyKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #472
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
RONDA - thinking of you and Sue.
Thanks, Lisa. Sue was in StL all week. She came home Friday after her brother came in from Alabama. DGF is the youngest of 5. Another brother and SIL came to StL for a few days this week and that was company in the evenings. They left and the last evening she was there, alone in her mother's home and really overcome with emotion. Realizing her mother may not return to home was HARD. Mom is recovering physically. The hip repair is getting thumbs up from everyone. She continues to show really scary mental lapses and then an hour later seems so much better. When Sue greeted her Friday morning and asked how her evening had been, she replied, fine, but a plane had crashed into her room.

The expect that she'll move to skilled nursing tomorrow. Alabama brother and sister visited several assisted living sites today. The suddenness with which she is expected to move from place to place is surprising. The hospital was ready to kick her today. Prior to the fall the skilled nursing place had said they would TRY to give them 24 hours notice when she would be discharged. I can see why people panic.

The week alone was tough. For both of us. I'm not sure when we'll return. Soon.

In honor of Kelly, who can trip over paper, I hurt my knee on the way to the breakroom Friday afternoon. Seriously, got up, it's fifteen steps away, leg felt funny. Got to the sink and felt a pop. Still hurts. I've not taken pain relievers for anything running related. Until now. And it had nothing to do with RUNNING. It was a walk to the SINK!

We are both trying to get eating under control. It's a bad time for control. Had a pile 'o veggies and shrimp with peanut sauce tonight. Bliss. Spicy bliss.

E - awesome wildlife. Do you have bear pics?

Lisa - hugs on Frankie. We started scouting ER vets when Stretch had some early back trouble in 2006. Paid off. We were ready when he needed surgery. TWICE. But, he has bounced back with vigor. Only reminder are two thin scars on his back.

Kat - great job on the 12! Great comeback. Enjoy the Princess.

Rhi - I'm with the others... indulge your craving. In moderation.

Liz, EE, Kelly (damn you), Karen (FLIP FLOPS!!), Nancy, Jo, Amber, Gina, Paula, Kimberly HEY!

Ronda
Old 02-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #473
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Ronda, it's so tough. We are in the midst of very, very similar things with FIL. Different physical problems but definitely there, and very similar mental issues. MIL is still willing and able to take care of him (she takes him to work with her even), so we haven't gone to skilled nursing, but it will likely get there.

Sending hugs to you and Sue.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #474
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Hello all my estrogen friends!

Up (yes UP) 1.4 this week!!. Trying to make up for it by upping the level on the elliptical and I SKIPPED the 'ritas at La Bamba yesterday

Giving up on keeping names straight until I think to write them all down while on the computer. So stand by E Maine girl, Jersey Girl (like the Springsteen plug?), Goat Mama (and I mean that in the most complimentary of ways)

E Maine: actually had a moose sighting while AT Moosehead Lake - go figure...

Frankie Mom- sending out my best throat choking vibes to your old vet. I've been going to mine for 16 years now, through 2 cats and 2 dogs and I love him. And the best is he's so reasonably priced compared to so many other vets here in south Florida.

Off to make WW Chicken Marsala. Shooting for a 2.4 loss this week and staying away from Satan minions (well, mostly!)

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #475
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Hi everyone!

Quote:
Way to go, Nancy! That is a great loss! Goddess Crown for you! Remember those? That's the first thread! Maybe volume 2 also. Not sure how long, but it has been a while since we handed the crowns out!
I still have the Goddess Crown - that baby isn't going anywhere!

Quote:
Saw this big guy on my run today. I knew it was a gorgeous day (in the 40s again), and apparently he wanted to catch some rays, too!

So cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsnyMama View Post
I would love to join!

DsnyMama - Amber
Hi Amber, Welcome!

Quote:
Why oh why does that seem to have "Kelly" written all over it

[/COLOR][/B]
Been there my friend, been there.

Quote:
Becca was so disappointed that there were no feathers stuck in the grill and told everyone at drama how she just hit a pterodactyl

Quote:
Lisa - always steady losses, no matter how small!

WOW on the period. Just wow. I use drugs to control mine, and i cannot imagine doing anything else. I admire you sticking that out.
Me too Liz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
What exactly happens when Mr. banana gets posted? Something epic, I'm thinking, like the whole thread freezes up or something blows up. I still don't know, but I'm too a-scared to try.
I imagine it to be like one of two things:

1) Like when a Supernova explodes and gets sucked into a black hole.
2) Like what would happen if Chuck Norris was cloned and had a fight with himself. The end of the universe.

Quote:

You can't leave it there - what did you have?

Quote:
I see your tiny little writing! Over here we have to go every two years. My doctor specialises in womens health and if you miss your two-year appointment he hounds you by letter and telephone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post
In honor of Kelly, who can trip over paper, I hurt my knee on the way to the breakroom Friday afternoon. Seriously, got up, it's fifteen steps away, leg felt funny. Got to the sink and felt a pop. Still hurts. I've not taken pain relievers for anything running related. Until now. And it had nothing to do with RUNNING. It was a walk to the SINK!

I'm sorry...its catching!

Liz, EE, Kelly (damn you), Karen (FLIP FLOPS!!), Nancy, Jo, Amber, Gina, Paula, Kimberly HEY!

Hugs for you and Sue

So, as you will have seen from Facebook I had yet another accident! Bad times. What I don't think I put on Facebook is that the accident happened as I was walking from the bedroom to the bathroom to get in the bath...so I was bare-a** naked. When you have no clothes on there is NO protection from grazes and burns
It also means no running for a few days - the graze is right on my knee where it bends!

Kat - Glad you are feeling better

Liz / Nancy / Lisa - Way to go on your losses!

Everyone - Hi
Old 02-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #476
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Ronda, so sorry for all thats going on for you.

What do you think you did to your knee? How is it today?
Hearing a pop. Oh boy, I hope thats nothing
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #477
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

I really need to catch up here!

I'm headed out for my last long training run this morning. Aiming for 12 miles. I'll be back, oh, in a while
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #478
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Go, Nancy, Go!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #479
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
:

Also, if it isn't all that and it's fibroids they might do something that brings on menopause and I'm not emotionally ready for that. I will probably never get to be a mother - especially adding in Nathan's surgery (only meaning adds to age monitoring) - but I guess I want to be delusional for a little more time. Yeah I do.
I completely understand where you're coming from after facing the similar option about 14 years ago, but there have been tons of advances in ob/gyn where hysterectomies and their rotten cousins are usually a last resort. And you can always say no if it's not. I mean technically, you should be able to live with fibroids without them becoming cancerous or doing any more damage to your body other than what they already are. I'm the type that likes to know what I'm up against, so I'll always advocate for finding out. Hopefully things are getting better for you, though. Those long periods are not fun at all.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #480
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

My knee is feeling better. I skipped today's run. It's not completely normal and I'm not pushing for anything. I expect to be back at it Wednesday. It didn't come from running. I get this feeling several times a week and I'll bet you guys do to. I move or step and something feels funny. After a few seconds of panic everything feels fine. That's how this was, then it kept hurting. It's not muscle. It's through the joint. I can't believe it's a ligament. I wasn't doing anything and my knee feels stable. I vote for a tendon slipping over something and going back. I can MAKE it hurt by pointing my toes and dragging my leg inward. There must be something to having my knee flexed though... it's worse again today in the offce. Maybe I should work from home ; )

Lisa - I like this technique ; )

Nancy - how'd it go? Excited for all you Goddesses!

Kelly - I understood exactly what happened ; )

Karen - loving your FB pics. I'm going next month with my brother and you make me want to take more pics. We went last year, but you'd hardly know it from My Pictures. It was their first time and everything moved SO FAST. This time everyone will HOLD STILL and let Aunt Ronda take a picture. I'm also excited to try my string tripod for some night shots. Saw a fellow using one in a museum (no flash) and really liked the idea.

Okay, everyone, have a geat week. Kat - get healthy!

Ronda

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: