Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #31
Ronda93
DIS Veteran
 
Ronda93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: next door
Posts: 2,029

Quote:
Seriously - you should make that your FB profile pic!
Agreed! It would make a great profile pic!
So let it be written...

Some more pics...






Ronda
__________________
Exercise is medicine.
Ronda93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #32
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train
 
SeptemberGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,389

RONDA!!!!

: cool1:


That RR was SO inspiring!!!! I am SO proud of you!!!!

I love your race reports - you always make me feel like I can do what you do. It's such a gift. Something so human and at the same time extraordinary in how you write them.

Sounds like a great marathon and a great trip!

I hope you decide to come to the Princess. We have a walking block - we get a little silly and I have been known to dance up hills but it's fun. I am sure the running block is fun, too!


Blisters - yes, I get them there. I have given up on the Wright socks, but I got some others last year that I like. I'll look at the name.

Also, I have a bag of barely used Wright socks and a water belt up for grabs - if anyone wants either let me know!
__________________
(Me, 38) (DH, 38) (DD, 8)

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #33
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train
 
SeptemberGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,389

Welcome to all newbies! And any lurkers, come play. We are nice!!!

So I have been tracking since Jan 3rd! YAY me! I also exercised 4 days this week so far. And I bought Zumba shoes for my class. It's starting to get dark in here again!
__________________
(Me, 38) (DH, 38) (DD, 8)

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:19 AM   #34
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Twoboysnmygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,246

I use Wright socks and love them! (except the darn price!) Liz, if no one else wants them, I could use them, I only have 3 pair right now so I get in deep trouble when I'm lazy with the wash!

Love the pics Ronda and your FB pic is PERFECT!

Well, our nice weather is over, I knew it had to come eventually and it came overnight in the form of snow! I had almost forgotten what snow looked like! 15 DAYS until Disney Goddesses! I'm crazy excited and can't believe it's really happening, part of me thought I would never make it back. Part of me is excited for it to be over so I can train more. That's strange.

I'm dying to live vicariously through you guys this year with the Princess, but this is the last year I'm on the sidelines, I'm gonna be there next year!

E~Where is your bio woman!?!?
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #35
Ronda93
DIS Veteran
 
Ronda93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: next door
Posts: 2,029

Karen - I hear you on the weather. The roads around KC are nasty slick this morning. Calamity ensues. It's not much snow, but was warm and then cold enough to make a layer of ice. Come on sun!

I'm excited for your trip. It's going to be WONDERFUL! The urge it train is not strange at all

Back to socks. I've used Wright socks for several halfs and other than the first on had no trouble. Still love 'em.

PrincessRhi - Yes, come on in!

Kelly - you running?

Liz - yea on the tracking! It just works. Zumba has shoes?

Nancy - Everything is different in FL!

Amy - I'd sell a timeshare of my soul for a couple inches of your height. I got the generation skipping short gene.

I am back on the treadmill tomorrow... something short.

We are going to St Louis this weekend. DGF's mom has moved to rehab/skilled nursing and seems to be on the mend. We've been caring for her dog, Gus. She's anxious to see him. He's a great motivator for her. I've got a mild cold right now - always when I fly - so I don't know how much I'll see her. It's my brother's bday tomorrow. I'll get to see him and the kids. Good motivator for me!

Ronda
__________________
Exercise is medicine.
Ronda93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #36
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 283

Thanks guys! I actually had been lurking on the DVC boards and park tip boards for years (usually right around my trips), but didn't find the WISH section until googling one of the awesome t-shirts I saw at the marathon this past weekend. Scrolling down on the main page is SO HARD.

PrincessRhi - aka Rhianna. Or one of the many nicknames I've picked up playing sports

Age: 31- will be 32 in just under 2 weeks
Height: 5'8'
Weight: Oh man. 240. Sigh.
Personal Stats: Just moved to WPB from Boston to live with my boyfriend-- would love a WDW wedding since we both love it there. We have three awesome dogs.
Live in: West Palm Beach, FL
Favorite Park: The science nerd in me LOVES Epcot.
But I Love: really big and fast rollercoasters
Passions: bar trivia, karaoke, rugby (retired from playing), hockey (also retired), coaching, rescuing senior animals, volunteering, neuroscience, canoeing, and drinking wine.
Important to know: I'm a nerd. I have a lot of knowledge to put plans together, but sometimes lack the action/motivation to follow through. I love being outside. I didn't become a 'runner' until I was 24, but I've run an ultramarathon relay (by far my FAVORITE event EVER), a few marathons, and even more half marathons, 10ks, 5ks, and other random distances-- plus DNFed a few times. I love the camaraderie of running, even though I'm a turtle.
Weight loss plan and goals: Man, has weight loss been a rollercoaster for me. I find that I eat balanced meals within my calorie range, but due to years of high stress jobs and family situations, I became inactive and the weight just snuck back on. Over the past six years, I've put back on 55 pounds that I worked hard to lose and keep off post-college. I didn't notice 10lb/year gains until I realized I was 10lbs lighter than I had been at my heaviest point. So my plan last year was to start running distance again. Long story short, my overall goal is to lose 5lbs/month (if I have bigger losses, great-- if not, oh well) and find my 9 minute mile that I loved so much. Maybe if I tempt it with cake it will come back. And I need the motivation/encouragement to actually stick to a training plan.

I just DNFed the Marathon Relay-- I got food poisoning on Thursday night, was RIDICULOUSLY sick through the weekend, HAD to show up on the line Sunday morning and give it a shot. Had I not had a phone/portapotty thing, I likely could have finished, but I'm glad I threw in the towel because it got bad. But rather than feeling like giving up, I signed myself up for the Princess half. I guess I'm off to a good start
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:57 AM   #37
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Twoboysnmygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,246

Welcome Rhi! Ooooh, new nickname already! I have a bad memory, consider yourself lucky that I've done this and won't forget your name...or SPELL IT WRONG for months! RONDA!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:07 AM   #38
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Welcome Rhi! Ooooh, new nickname already! I have a bad memory, consider yourself lucky that I've done this and won't forget your name...or SPELL IT WRONG for months! RONDA!
Even if you do spell it wrong, it's OK. I'll still likely answer to it

My favorite mis-spelling now leaves me feeling like Michael Bolton in Office Space-- "why should I change my name, he's the one that sucks!" Oh Rihanna, your poppy vibes have overtaken the wonderful Irishness of my name.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #39
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train
 
SeptemberGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I use Wright socks and love them! (except the darn price!) Liz, if no one else wants them, I could use them, I only have 3 pair right now so I get in deep trouble when I'm lazy with the wash!

They are yours!!! I suck at mailing things out, but I will make the package and leave it for DH to do.

Well, our nice weather is over, I knew it had to come eventually and it came overnight in the form of snow! I had almost forgotten what snow looked like! 15 DAYS until Disney Goddesses! I'm crazy excited and can't believe it's really happening, part of me thought I would never make it back. Part of me is excited for it to be over so I can train more. That's strange.

I hope you have a FANTASTIC trip and tell us all about, live TR.

I'm dying to live vicariously through you guys this year with the Princess, but this is the last year I'm on the sidelines, I'm gonna be there next year!

Yes, next year you need to be with us! Woo!

E~Where is your bio woman!?!?
Good question...sending out the search party for E!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post

Liz - Zumba has shoes?

They do! Not only do they have shoes, they have 5 main brands and tons of reviews to read!

But really, the shoes have pivot points and allow for lateral movement. Zumba in running shoes is an injury waiting to happen. It's latin dancing, that's how you have to think of it. I did the class barefoot last week, then went online and read up on it. The shoes I bought were Capezio and were cheaper at the local store than online. Love when that happens.


We are going to St Louis this weekend. DGF's mom has moved to rehab/skilled nursing and seems to be on the mend. We've been caring for her dog, Gus. She's anxious to see him. He's a great motivator for her. I've got a mild cold right now - always when I fly - so I don't know how much I'll see her. It's my brother's bday tomorrow. I'll get to see him and the kids. Good motivator for me!

Ronda
Have a safe trip! I am heading to see family this weekend, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRhi View Post
Thanks guys! I actually had been lurking on the DVC boards and park tip boards for years (usually right around my trips), but didn't find the WISH section until googling one of the awesome t-shirts I saw at the marathon this past weekend. Scrolling down on the main page is SO HARD.

PrincessRhi - aka Rhianna. Or one of the many nicknames I've picked up playing sports

Age: 31- will be 32 in just under 2 weeks
Height: 5'8'
Weight: Oh man. 240. Sigh.
Personal Stats: Just moved to WPB from Boston to live with my boyfriend-- would love a WDW wedding since we both love it there. We have three awesome dogs.
Live in: West Palm Beach, FL
Favorite Park: The science nerd in me LOVES Epcot.
But I Love: really big and fast rollercoasters
Passions: bar trivia, karaoke, rugby (retired from playing), hockey (also retired), coaching, rescuing senior animals, volunteering, neuroscience, canoeing, and drinking wine.
Important to know: I'm a nerd. I have a lot of knowledge to put plans together, but sometimes lack the action/motivation to follow through. I love being outside. I didn't become a 'runner' until I was 24, but I've run an ultramarathon relay (by far my FAVORITE event EVER), a few marathons, and even more half marathons, 10ks, 5ks, and other random distances-- plus DNFed a few times. I love the camaraderie of running, even though I'm a turtle.
Weight loss plan and goals: Man, has weight loss been a rollercoaster for me. I find that I eat balanced meals within my calorie range, but due to years of high stress jobs and family situations, I became inactive and the weight just snuck back on. Over the past six years, I've put back on 55 pounds that I worked hard to lose and keep off post-college. I didn't notice 10lb/year gains until I realized I was 10lbs lighter than I had been at my heaviest point. So my plan last year was to start running distance again. Long story short, my overall goal is to lose 5lbs/month (if I have bigger losses, great-- if not, oh well) and find my 9 minute mile that I loved so much. Maybe if I tempt it with cake it will come back. And I need the motivation/encouragement to actually stick to a training plan.

I just DNFed the Marathon Relay-- I got food poisoning on Thursday night, was RIDICULOUSLY sick through the weekend, HAD to show up on the line Sunday morning and give it a shot. Had I not had a phone/portapotty thing, I likely could have finished, but I'm glad I threw in the towel because it got bad. But rather than feeling like giving up, I signed myself up for the Princess half. I guess I'm off to a good start
Welcome Rhi!!!!!

So, you had me when you listed "drinking wine" as one of your passions. Yeah, you fit right in here!

You are going to the Princess this year? What are you pacing at now?

Also, I am 5 7 and close to your weight and I get the up and down. I also LOVE the wedding planning process so I am hoping you will be planning one at Disney so I can live through you.
__________________
(Me, 38) (DH, 38) (DD, 8)

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #40
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Welcome Rhi!!!!!

So, you had me when you listed "drinking wine" as one of your passions. Yeah, you fit right in here!

You are going to the Princess this year? What are you pacing at now?

Also, I am 5 7 and close to your weight and I get the up and down. I also LOVE the wedding planning process so I am hoping you will be planning one at Disney so I can live through you.
Yeah, I love wine. I'm kind of sad that I learned of the Wine and Dine plan a little too late, but there's always Epcot.

I'm in the planning process of the Princess details now-- three friends and I who ran this past weekend *just* decided on Monday that we wanted to do it. Another girls' weekend run-cation at Disney-- Hooray! Once I get details, I'll definitely let you guys know.

Right now I'm pacing anywhere between 11 minute miles when I'm running to 15 minute miles if I'm walking. That being said, I am mostly walking because I'm out of shape for distance and I'm not really used to Florida running yet.

I am sure you'll hear all about the wedding planning because I anticipate running around with our heads cut off. We figured that once we could settle on a 'when' our day would have something to do with Disney. He has already vetoed non-stop rides of Space Mountain. It's a special place for us, and helps some of our friends/family with younger kids be able to do their Disney vacation AND travel for a wedding.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #41
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post




Ronda
I love this picture Ronda. I don't know - it somehow captures the grit and success at the same time.

I was truly surprised to see your height because in your pictures you read taller.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRhi View Post
Thanks guys! I actually had been lurking on the DVC boards and park tip boards for years (usually right around my trips), but didn't find the WISH section until googling one of the awesome t-shirts I saw at the marathon this past weekend. Scrolling down on the main page is SO HARD.

PrincessRhi - aka Rhianna. Or one of the many nicknames I've picked up playing sports

Age: 31- will be 32 in just under 2 weeks
Height: 5'8'
Weight: Oh man. 240. Sigh.
Personal Stats: Just moved to WPB from Boston to live with my boyfriend-- would love a WDW wedding since we both love it there. We have three awesome dogs.
Live in: West Palm Beach, FL
Favorite Park: The science nerd in me LOVES Epcot.
But I Love: really big and fast rollercoasters
Passions: bar trivia, karaoke, rugby (retired from playing), hockey (also retired), coaching, rescuing senior animals, volunteering, neuroscience, canoeing, and drinking wine.
Important to know: I'm a nerd. I have a lot of knowledge to put plans together, but sometimes lack the action/motivation to follow through. I love being outside. I didn't become a 'runner' until I was 24, but I've run an ultramarathon relay (by far my FAVORITE event EVER), a few marathons, and even more half marathons, 10ks, 5ks, and other random distances-- plus DNFed a few times. I love the camaraderie of running, even though I'm a turtle.
Weight loss plan and goals: Man, has weight loss been a rollercoaster for me. I find that I eat balanced meals within my calorie range, but due to years of high stress jobs and family situations, I became inactive and the weight just snuck back on. Over the past six years, I've put back on 55 pounds that I worked hard to lose and keep off post-college. I didn't notice 10lb/year gains until I realized I was 10lbs lighter than I had been at my heaviest point. So my plan last year was to start running distance again. Long story short, my overall goal is to lose 5lbs/month (if I have bigger losses, great-- if not, oh well) and find my 9 minute mile that I loved so much. Maybe if I tempt it with cake it will come back. And I need the motivation/encouragement to actually stick to a training plan.

I just DNFed the Marathon Relay-- I got food poisoning on Thursday night, was RIDICULOUSLY sick through the weekend, HAD to show up on the line Sunday morning and give it a shot. Had I not had a phone/portapotty thing, I likely could have finished, but I'm glad I threw in the towel because it got bad. But rather than feeling like giving up, I signed myself up for the Princess half. I guess I'm off to a good start
Hi Rhianna. Welcome to you. We are always excited to have more people.

Liz - I got so excited for you when I read Rhianna's wedding plans. And then I saw your post. Priceless.
__________________
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:20 PM   #42
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,652

Kat and Ronda - I will give it a try. Thanks for educating me. I guess I thought the skipping to the next step over and over was strictly my computer. It's making life on here very difficult. Multi-quoting is taking twice as long because I have to go back and forth and back and forth....
__________________
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #43
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,652

AMIEE !!! PAULA!!!!!!! Miss you.
__________________
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #44
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,652

I haVe things to say about Paula and snow. In mo particular order.

Snow. It's raining right now. I haven't even seen a snowflake this year (not sure what happened when I was in Virginia - I had above temps there!! . Like I've told you all downtown gets little. Our main highway is like a snow line. And even around Toronto has hardly been hit. But tomorrow. Major snow a comin'. MAJOR SNOW A COMIN'. I'll love it until it looks dirty. I hate dirty snow.

And I have Raptors tickets (NBA) tomorrow. $12.50 tickets as per usual. But have them. Will still try to walk but I've gone from 15 minute walk to 50 minutes.

PAULA!! Paula, you need to get your a$$ back here. Here's my very selfish reasons. I realized today that YOU are the reason why *I think* I have finally separated self worth and the scale (and Liz) . To not have it mean something more than it is - what a gift to give to another Paula! GET BACK HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #45
Ronda93
DIS Veteran
 
Ronda93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: next door
Posts: 2,029

Lisa - so cool that you're back downtown and can walk to stuff. I can get to most everything a girl needs on my bike. I *could* walk, but I love to bike. Yea townies!

Ronda
__________________
Exercise is medicine.
Ronda93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: