Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #16
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
Oh and Lisa? No idea on your computer problem. Maybe try using Chrome or Firefox. I gave up on Internet Explorer a while back.
Thanks Kat.

I'm still walking down to my mail with a sad face.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #17
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post

I'm a little sore. The feet feel better. I'm a marathoner.
Ronda
LOVED this.

Congratulations Ronda.
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #18
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
LOVED this.

Congratulations Ronda.

Hmmm, it's twilight zone on the DIS! I don't know how that happened.

Picture of the bling Ronda? Of your finish?
Old 01-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #19
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Awesome Ronda!! Thanks for the report!

I get those blisters sometimes too, exactly where you are talking about, just behind the toes on the ball of the foot. Usually it's when I am doing more miles than I have before, or am ramping up again after some time off.

Was 20 the furthest you had gone?

Oh, and on a completely different note, the DIS has gone nuts for me. It's showing posting times not-quite-an-hour different. This post says 10:42PM for me, and it's 9:51 here.
Yes my posts about her RR keep coming in *prior* to her writing it.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

I arrived at the starting line a little undertrained, but healthy. I'm a run walker and hoped to average 13:00/mile. For the first half I did that. I slowed down and around mile 15 felt the same big, honkin' blisters starting on the ball of my feet. Right behind the middle toe. When I walked it hurt. When I ran it felt as if my feet were tearing. Much like 2010 I did some math. Realizing I could walk and not get swept, I walked. Pace for the second half was closer to 17:00.

There's got to be something in my stride/strike. Maybe it's when I get tired. Maybe it's the stuttering stride in traffic. I don't know. The two times I've done 20 mile long runs it hasn't happened. Frustrating and disappointing, but the bling and sense of accomplishment brings it all into focus.

I traveled with our friend Robin. She grew up in central FL and went to the MK a lot as a kid. Hadn't been back for long time. I got to show her AK and DHS. We arrived Friday around 7:30. Checked into Pop and headed for Epcot for Illuminations. DHS was evening EE. We got to ride ToT and RnRC. She screamed.

Saturday I took a short run - mostly to make sure I had everything I would need Sunday. Then it was off to the expo - E! We hit AK for the safari, ITTBAB and FOTLK. EE was down and not looking good. Flame Tree for lunch. We went to Downtown Disney. Robin was hoping to find an Eeyore sweatshirt, but the 100 Acre Woods gang has fallen out of favor.

We went to bed around 9:00 with two alarms and a wake up call set for 2:30. I was out the door a little before 3:00. Every year brings tales of bus catastrophes - this year sounds like BWV may have had some runners miss the start. I'm too much of a control freak to let this much planning rest on catching a bus. I drove to Epcot, ate a bagel in the car and napped for 45 minutes.

Running through the parks is fun, but it's only, what four, five miles of the 26. That's a lot of two lane roads to chew through. I enjoyed the entire weekend. It was as if the race was just what I had to do Sunday morning. Robin was able to see me on Main Street and at the Poly. She went to Epcot got to ride Soarin' and the Land. Then she saw me at Spaceship Earth and it was done!

After an ice bath we went to the MK and rode and strolled. We had ressies for the Wishes dessert party. No way we got our money's worth in dessert, but waiting for the fireworks without the crowding was wonderful and easily worth the price.

We returned to the MK Monday and just soaked up the Disney atmosphere. I got a step workout at the Swiss Family Treehouse.

Ronda
Old 01-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #21
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Awesome Ronda!! Thanks for the report!

I get those blisters sometimes too, exactly where you are talking about, just behind the toes on the ball of the foot. Usually it's when I am doing more miles than I have before, or am ramping up again after some time off.

Was 20 the furthest you had gone?

Oh, and on a completely different note, the DIS has gone nuts for me. It's showing posting times not-quite-an-hour different. This post says 10:42PM for me, and it's 9:51 here.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #22
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
I arrived at the starting line a little undertrained, but healthy. I'm a run walker and hoped to average 13:00/mile. For the first half I did that. I slowed down and around mile 15 felt the same big, honkin' blisters starting on the ball of my feet. Right behind the middle toe. When I walked it hurt. When I ran it felt as if my feet were tearing. Much like 2010 I did some math. Realizing I could walk and not get swept, I walked. Pace for the second half was closer to 17:00.

Blisters are my biggest fear! I'm curious about what kind of socks you wear.

There's got to be something in my stride/strike. Maybe it's when I get tired. Maybe it's the stuttering stride in traffic. I don't know. The two times I've done 20 mile long runs it hasn't happened. Frustrating and disappointing, but the bling and sense of accomplishment brings it all into focus.

Doesn't feel amazing to have that Mickey Medal?

I traveled with our friend Robin. She grew up in central FL and went to the MK a lot as a kid. Hadn't been back for long time. I got to show her AK and DHS. We arrived Friday around 7:30. Checked into Pop and headed for Epcot for Illuminations. DHS was evening EE. We got to ride ToT and RnRC. She screamed.

We went to bed around 9:00 with two alarms and a wake up call set for 2:30. I was out the door a little before 3:00. Every year brings tales of bus catastrophes - this year sounds like BWV may have had some runners miss the start. I'm too much of a control freak to let this much planning rest on catching a bus. I drove to Epcot, ate a bagel in the car and napped for 45 minutes.

I can't imagine missing the start because of bus issues. From BWV no less! Gah! They could have WALKED to the start!

What did you think of all those porta-potties!

Running through the parks is fun, but it's only, what four, five miles of the 26. That's a lot of two lane roads to chew through. I enjoyed the entire weekend. It was as if the race was just what I had to do Sunday morning. Robin was able to see me on Main Street and at the Poly. She went to Epcot got to ride Soarin' and the Land. Then she saw me at Spaceship Earth and it was done!

Yes. The parks are fun! The rest of it left an awful lot of time for me to wonder what the heck I was thinking! The most horrific part that I recall was around miles 18-20 (I think?). After leaving AK, heading towards WWoS then doubling back on the same highway. I *swear* that stretch was up hill both ways

After an ice bath we went to the MK and rode and strolled.

Ok. Seriously? You went right out to MK? I napped. Then I ate. A lot

We had ressies for the Wishes dessert party. No way we got our money's worth in dessert, but waiting for the fireworks without the crowding was wonderful and easily worth the price.

nice.

We returned to the MK Monday and just soaked up the Disney atmosphere. I got a step workout at the Swiss Family Treehouse.

Did you wear your medal?

Ronda
Yes. Yes you are a marathoner! I'm so happy for you!

Quote:
me too! Times are wonky, posts are definitely out of order....I'm thinking it's just shennigans by a rouge group of gremlins

Last edited by AKASnowWhite; 01-10-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: yeah. It is SO not 11:02.
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #23
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Kat - I trained up for the St Louis Go! full in April. They closed the full course before I reached the split due to heat. I and a few hundred other slowpokes had to complete the half instead.

On the blisters, I've not had problems in other halfs and the long training runs didn't create trouble either. Just these two races. Maybe it's the 5:30 a.m. start! I top out at 20 for training and have done that twice (MfM plan).

Nancy - I've always liked the double layer Wright socks. As I was fretting about the blister potential this fall I googled a lot. For a while I tried duct tape and regret not sticking with it. I tried some anti blister socks from my LRS. Too thin. I got a pair of Asics Kayano socks. A little thicker, but a tight fit. The tightness was supposed to allow for less movement between skin and sock. I wore them for my 16, 18 and 20 mile runs with no trouble.

Yes, I wore the medal Sunday. Felt nice.

Porta potties - the quantity of all the stuff they need is stunning. Someone asked on runDisney's FB page how many yellow and orange cones were needed to mark the course. I can tell you they were provided by Bob's Barriers. Their trucks were waiting to pick them up outside AK.

I've learned to keep moving after a race. Hardest steps I took were getting up from the plane Monday night! Oh, we ate! Great burger at the Plaza and the dessert party. Milk and cookies!

Lisa - I'll echo Kat and recommend Chrome. There are a few sites where I have to switch back to IE - that's the site's fault. American Airlines wouldn't pop their seating selection in Chrome. Also, when connecting to Disney's internet service I had to use IE. Chrome only got a blank about page. On a positve note, and totally unrelated to your problem, it appears Disney only dinged me for one day of internet service. I never had to re-consent to the charges. I had hooked wifi to it. Mattered? Don't know, but I named it FreeDisneyVacationWiFi and saw a few others had connected to it at Pop ; ) DVC gets that gratis, no?

Disney's pics aren't up yet, but here's the payoff:

Ronda
Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #24
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

BLING! BLING! Love it! You are so inspiring Ronda.

I was really down this morning b/c I couldn't barely get to 2 miles without pain and Rey told me that it doesn't matter, that I WILL finish that Princess next year, even if I have to crawl the last couple miles. Yep, my husband is great at pep-talks!

I need to go do my bio...
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #25
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
On the blisters, I've not had problems in other halfs and the long training runs didn't create trouble either. Just these two races. Maybe it's the 5:30 a.m. start! I top out at 20 for training and have done that twice (MfM plan).

Nancy - I've always liked the double layer Wright socks.
This may sound odd - but I think the pavement in Florida is different too. I'm not sure why that would have anything to do with it, but who knows!

I've always liked the wright double layer too. That's what I wore today!

and I LOVE the bling! Seriously - you should make that your FB profile pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I was really down this morning b/c I couldn't barely get to 2 miles without pain and Rey told me that it doesn't matter, that I WILL finish that Princess next year, even if I have to crawl the last couple miles. Yep, my husband is great at pep-talks!

I need to go do my bio...
awww! So sweet! I love it when spouses, family & friends are so supportive! Really helps a ton!

and Karen, yes. You do. Get on that bio!
AKASnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #26
amykab
Congrats to ALL the losers this week!
We were told to look busy at our desks. So I read ALOT of fan fic

Height: nearly 5'11"
Weight: 188 on a good day. I have more or less maintained that weight since the end of october except for the typical holiday gain.

Personal Stats: Married 9 years in June and we have a 4 year old girl and 1 year old boy
Live in: FL- a mere hour and 15 minutes from the world
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom with DD and DS and EPCOT with DH for drinks and date night.
Passions: my family,reading,camping,running,edwardcullen

Weight loss plan and goals: WW is working very well for me. Would like to lose maybe 15 more pounds. Its going to be a long road as my body gets very happy in the 180s. Running was alot easier when I was in the 170s and I need to get back there. I want to work on my 5k time this year, so after the princess in February I am focusing on that running goal.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #27
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Ooh... can newbies join in too?
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #28
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRhi View Post
Of course!! We have been a group for a while now, but Karen can attest that we embrace newbies.

Introduce yourself. We like details!
Old 01-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #29
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yep! The Goddesses were UBERwelcoming to me last year when I joined and have been a huge source of inspiration for me!
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #30
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Quote:

Ronda
Amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post

and I LOVE the bling! Seriously - you should make that your FB profile pic!
Agreed! It would make a great profile pic!

Quote:
Always! Jump in, post a bio that way we can get to know you! Kats right - we love details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
Yep! The Goddesses were UBERwelcoming to me last year when I joined and have been a huge source of inspiration for me!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: