Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #136
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
Of course, my other cat just drinks from the toilet! Usually with one paw in it...
Mine, too. He leaves wet pawprints on the seat. No one else to blame ; )

Ronda
Old 01-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #137
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

Checking in for day 2. I'm better prepared today, so I'm not ready to hurt anyone. Breakfast was 3coffee cups of coffee and an oatmeal with splenda.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #138
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Rhianna, did you decide on the Princess?
Man, work has been busy this week-- just as I get to my desk I think I have time for stuff and I'm back in the lab. Sigh. I have about a hundred emails to get back to as well. I've popped on in small spurts, but haven't had time to catch up.

I was able to find someone to split a room with, but then had things decided for me as far as whether I'd be running/walking. Sadly, I will not be participating. I'm still on the fence about driving up there to be a spectator.

Long story short, what I thought was dehydration on marathon weekend was actually a combination of dehydration and a potential heart problem. My symptoms still aren't gone almost two weeks after running the race, and sometimes it borders on the comical (being completely disoriented out of nowhere, not knowing what I was doing and walking away from cooking dinner to go upstairs and take a shower). The doc says if it turns out to be atrial fibirllation and not just some weird one-time coincidence, it could either regulate itself or I'll have to be on meds/possibly surgery. I'm in the process of scheduling appointments and such to try and narrow this down.

I think the hardest part of all this is that I have to remain stress-free. I can't exercise. I have to limit beer intake. I have to watch out for tingling in my limbs and garbled speech. I've never experienced this before so I'm confident that whatever it is, it's been caught early and I'll be able to fix the problem. It's just disappointing that my life is put on hold-- even if it's for a good reason and only for a few months.

If I can get someone to drive up with me from WPB, I'll likely go as a spectator. If not, I think the 2-hr drive might be a bit more than I would want to do alone. You know, just in case I think it's a good time to stop and take a shower or something.
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #139
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post
Nancy - you should write personal ads.
I'm sure I'd get no takers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
My PF is worse today after running, not sure if I should stop running for a bit or just push through the pain? I was icing last night, that helped while sitting there, but walking...not so much.
I know you have been making good progress with your running Karen, but STOP IT! Really. Stretch, advil, get rid of that inflammation. Running is only going to aggrevate it, and darn it sister you have a trip to Disney in a week!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
Of course, my other cat just drinks from the toilet! Usually with one paw in it...
All 3 of mine do that. Drives Stephen nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronda93 View Post
Mine, too. He leaves wet pawprints on the seat. No one else to blame ; )
and muddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRhi View Post
Long story short, what I thought was dehydration on marathon weekend was actually a combination of dehydration and a potential heart problem. My symptoms still aren't gone almost two weeks after running the race, and sometimes it borders on the comical (being completely disoriented out of nowhere, not knowing what I was doing and walking away from cooking dinner to go upstairs and take a shower). The doc says if it turns out to be atrial fibirllation and not just some weird one-time coincidence, it could either regulate itself or I'll have to be on meds/possibly surgery.
I'm sorry that you won't be able to make it to the Princess!

I also wanted to say, that my father has a-fib. If that's what it turns out to be, I'll gladly share his story with you if you want. Just know that there are a number of "types", and different treatment options depending upon your particular case.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:40 PM   #140
AKASnowWhite
I have such wonderful memories of MVMCP with our family
WE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! DL is AWESOME!

Today is Thursday. Which means weigh in day for me. And the results are:

down .8

Yes, thats ZERO point eight. <sigh> Just under a pound. The scale is ever so slowly inching downward. I don't WANT "inching". I want FREEFALL

I know, I know, Lisa. I know.

Oh. and I made brownies tonight. Yummy, chocolatey deliciousness in a pan. Yep. That's why I'm hiding in the other room Honestly, my ears hear the calling of chocolate from miles away. I think I need to get me one of those wristbands with "WWEE" on it. You know - "what would Erin Eat"

Oh did I mention that she's pregnant? Erin I mean. Great. The little fireball is multiplying Ah well, it will only be a couple of months before I can out-run her
Old 01-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #141
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

Nancy - I hope Erin isn't too brutal during pregnancy mood swings and training sessions! I must find a brownie recipe that I can have. Ummm, chocolate!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #142
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

I just love hearing all of the pet stories! Big time critter lover! I do miss having farm animals (did I ever share that we once had a bull named Prince?). One of these days I will have more animals, but for now I have a chihuahua with little dog syndrome. My dog is on my baby cousin's must catch list (he is 5 months old and like a nephew to me).

Karen - I hope your PF is better before you head to the world.

Rhianna - I hope the heart issue is mild. That can be scary. Maybe next year for the Princess visit.

And now I better post my tidbits before Lisa makes it to Indiana to put me in my place.

adsrtw - aka Amiee & EE. Tinker Belle will always be my favorite (she was also my favorite pony too).

Height: 5'-4" - short end of the genetics stick. My dad was a foot+ taller than me and mom is 5'-8"
Weight: 204
Personal Stats: Mom to two wonderful kids who love meeting my friends, full time call center supervisor, last semester as an undergrad, oh and I have an online business simply because I need something else to do.
Live in: Evansville, IN - midway between Louisville & St. Louis
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
But I am a sucker for: Star Tours!!
Passions: Travel, fundraising
Important to know: It's better to start something and struggle than to sit back and wonder 'what if I...'
Weight loss plan and goals: Following low bad carb, higher veggies and protein. I tend to obsess over the scale, so I am going to weigh every other week this time
Old 01-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #143
PrincessRhi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
I'm sorry that you won't be able to make it to the Princess!

I also wanted to say, that my father has a-fib. If that's what it turns out to be, I'll gladly share his story with you if you want. Just know that there are a number of "types", and different treatment options depending upon your particular case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adsrtw View Post

Rhianna - I hope the heart issue is mild. That can be scary. Maybe next year for the Princess visit.

Thanks guys! It's funny, I think I'm more stressed out by having to rest and not exercise than by potentially having a-fib. I was just getting into a great groove! How on earth will I go back to hitting the gym at 5am now that I'm getting used to sleeping in until 7?

I really do think it's due to a lot of stress that I've been under between work, family, and moving across country with three weeks notice for a new job. The dehydration at the race probably just kicked it into overdrive. I had my one day pity party, but I'm hopeful that I'll be back and running in a month or so... if I haven't decided to totally go Jabba on everyone by then
PrincessRhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #144
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Down 1.2.

Beyond pleased. Why? Major changes beyond that. You know the feeling you have during a workout where you actually feel the change. The best. Beyond clothes - beyond scale.

And I'm feeling strangely at peace. And sort of keep waiting and waiting for that to change. Yes ridiculous thought process. There will be gains and mental setbacks - a given but I really feel something has changed mentally. The best.

I have to go. Took me ages to get on here. Will be back later tonight/tomorrow - have to catch up with everyone.

MKKelly!!!!! Goal? Get your goal butt over here.

Rhianna - wow - frustrating. But I have to say I laughed loudly at the "go Jabba".

And Amiee. I was so excited to have you back I missed that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And usually I'm bang on. Smiling.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 01-20-2012 at 07:25 AM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #145
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Rhi when will u know more if it is a-fib or just a freak one time thing?
I hope its nothing major.

Lisa way to go on the loss, I want a free fall like Nancy
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #146
adsrtw
DIS Veteran

I want a free fall too, but I know that is harder to sustain. I want to stop the roller coaster.

Discovered a fit frappe at a local bakery - 16oz 130 cals 20g protein 3.5 fat and under 1g sugar. They gave me the container so I could track this am. Lots of vitamins too.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #147
Ronda93
DIS Veteran

EE - good heavens! How do they get so much protein in there? How was it? From time to time I attempt to get a bump of protein after my morning runs. I've made Greek yogurt smoothies, but it's still only 14g.

Lisa - yea change! I know exactly what you mean. Feeling the change trumps the scale every time. Happy for you.

I need to be reined in. I've gained, eh, six pounds since the marathon. I've gotten back on the treadmill and that helps suppress my appetite. Looking at myfitnesspall, it's about 4 pounds over where I was a year ago. That makes me smile. BIG smile.

Ronda
Old 01-20-2012, 02:49 PM   #148
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bird View Post
WOW! I forgot how quickly this thread moves! I was a regular back in the good old days (2008ish) and fell out of touch. Thank you to Liz for reminding me how much I enjoyed being part of this group.
Hi Kim!

Quote:
Listen Ms. Reminiscing - could we have a bio? Or some life update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsrtw View Post
Made it most of my work day without cheating. I'm not a meal planner either.
This is all I can ask for when I'm at work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyfan-12 View Post
Hi to all of the old friends and the new ones. I feel a bit like both given that I haven't been here much in the past year. My workaholic nature took over and the results have not been all good. I am trying to find some balance in my life again and I am going to need all the help I can get.
This. I'm struggling at the minute with the work/having a life balance. Its just so busy at work, everyone is feeling the pressure - blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessRhi View Post
Long story short, what I thought was dehydration on marathon weekend was actually a combination of dehydration and a potential heart problem.
Scary! I hope everything turns out well

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post

Oh did I mention that she's pregnant? Erin I mean. Great. The little fireball is multiplying Ah well, it will only be a couple of months before I can out-run her

Quote:
MKKelly!!!!! Goal? Get your goal butt over here.
Goal - blah! I'm 7lbs over at the minute (half a stone!!!) but I'm working on it. Slowly but surely!

Hope everyone is well! Me - well its Friday, work is done for the week and I'm about to veg out and watch NCIS. All good
Old 01-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #149
TMcDwyer
The true magic of Disney is experiencing it through the eyes of your children.

Hello ladies! Erika told me about this thread...can I join you?

TMcDwyer - Taryn

Height: 5'3"
Weight: I plead the fifth.
Personal Stats: SAHM to two great kiddos. My son has Aspergers and I am working every day to make his life a little easier.
Live in: Denver, CO
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom, because theres nothing like that first glimpse of the castle.
But I Love: I secretly love Universal Islands of Adventure! (Huge Harry Potter fan!!!)
Passions: My Family & Friends, Running, Travel
Important to know: I am fiercely protective of my friends and family and would do anything for them. I am constantly coming up with ideas to get to go to Disney again.
Weight loss plan and goals: I am a Blue Belt in Taekwondo and hope to be a Black Belt before I am 40. I just started running in June and I am loving it. Trying to stay injury free and set a good example for my kids.

Races I have done in the past:
I Run CO 5K
Fans on the Field 5K (Done in a walking boot/cast because I had a stress fracture)
Mickey's Halloween 5K (Also in the boot!)
North Shore Turkey Trot 10K

Races scheduled for this year:
2/4 - Snow Dash 5K
2/12 - Ralston Valley 1/2 Marathon (Training Run for the Princess)
2/26 - DISNEY'S PRINCESS 1/2 MARATHON!!!
9/2 - DISNEYLAND 1/2 MARATHON (Hoping to go Coast-to-Coast!)

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

I went Coast-to-Coast in 2012!!! Princess 1/2 & Disneyland 1/2!!! Doing it again in 2014 - Tinkerbell & Princess!!! Hoping to go Dopey & Dumbo in 2015!!!
Disney Trips: Too many to count as a kid; Grand Floridian 1998; Off Site 2002; DL in 2003 & 2004; First trip as a Mom in December 2009; Disney Halloween 5K in 2011 (POFQ); 2012 Princess 1/2 (AKLKV); DL 1/2 in 2012 (PP); 2012 Family Trip to POR; 2013 AofA; 10/2013 CB for the TofT 10 Miler; 2014 Tink & Glass Slipper Challenge!!! Also...had the BEST TRIP ever to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in 2010 with my Mom! My Dream Trip ~ Tokyo Disneyland!
TMcDwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #150
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Hi Taryn!!! SO nice to see you here!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: