Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #16
jrm11697
Mouseketeer

Was hoping for Wonder to come back East...oh well. Hawaii is highly unlikely in reality (not in my DREAMS ) get the joke? DREAM like a disney ship? haha, I apparently have "dumb" and "stupid" jokes according to the fam... that could be one of them.

Anyway... if i ever do go on Disney in 2013 it will probably won't be the Wonder. Of course they would do Caribb., do PC, repo to Alaska via Hawaii but thats unlikely. At least we *unofficially* know that Wonder will be in Hawaii in 2013.
jrm11697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Overnighting in Maui

The ship definitely overnights in Maui twice. From the port schedule linked above, the ship arrives at 7:00 a.m. on Sept. 17th and departs at 5:00 p.m. on the 18th. It also arrives at 7:00 a.m. on the 20th and departs at 5:00 p.m. on the 21st. I think it will go from Maui to Honolulu to drop-off passengers and pick-up new ones before returning to Vancouver.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #18
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virdis View Post
What I am more eager to find out is if DCL will still have anything on the West Coast. There is no way we can do East Coast so if they leave the West Coast, its bye bye DCL for us. We would just eat the price of the dummy date we booked on last MR cruise.

Ann REALLY wants an Alaska cruise but its not in the cards this year. Hoping it will be in 2013. We are keeping our fingers crossed
Virdis - You can just keep moving your dummy cruise further out if you can't sail in 2013. You can also just cancel altogether and get all of your deposit back as long as the sail date is 75+days out.

Why don't you and the family join us on the 7/2/2012-7/9/2012 Alaska cruise? It'd be nice to know someone before we board the ship. There's practically no activity on the meet thread for that cruise...

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #19
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Possible itineraries

Based on the 2012 Alaska cruises that sail on Mondays, here's a possible scenario for 2013:

Monday, 9/9 - Alaska cruise ends in Vancouver, depart at 5:00
Tuesday, 9/10 -sea
Wednesday, 9/11 - sea
Thursday, 9/12 - sea
Friday, 9/13 - sea
Saturday, 9/14 - sea
Sunday, 9/15 - Kauai
Monday, 9/16 - Hawaii (Kona or Hilo)
Tuesday, 9/17 - Maui (overnight)
Wednesday, 9/18 - Maui
Thursday, 9/19 - cruise ends in Honolulu

Repositioning back to Vancouver:

Thursday, 9/19 - depart from Honolulu
Friday, 9/20 - Maui (overnight)
Saturday, 9/21 - Maui
Sunday, 9/22 - Hawaii (Kona or Hilo)
Monday, 9/23 - Kauai
Tuesday, 9/24 - sea
Wednesday, 9/25 - sea
Thursday, 9/26 - sea
Friday, 9/27 - sea
Saturday, 9/28 - sea
Sunday, 9/29 - arrive in Vancouver

These are based on Royal Caribbean's Sept. 2012 10 and 11-night repo cruises from Vancouver to Honolulu: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...uises&state=NA

From there the ship could reposition to Los Angeles for more Pacific Coastal cruises, continue with Mexican Riviera cruises, or do a Panama Canal cruise.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #20
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Based on the 2012 Alaska cruises that sail on Mondays, here's a possible scenario for 2013:

Tuesday, 9/10 -sea
Wednesday, 9/11 - sea
Thursday, 9/12 - sea
Friday, 9/13 - sea
Saturday, 9/14 - sea
Sunday, 9/15 - Kauai
Wednesday, 9/18 - Maui

Saturday, 9/21 - Maui
Monday, 9/23 - Kauai
Tuesday, 9/24 - sea
Wednesday, 9/25 - sea
Thursday, 9/26 - sea
Friday, 9/27 - sea
Saturday, 9/28 - sea

These are based on Royal Caribbean's Sept. 2012 10 and 11-night repo cruises from Vancouver to Honolulu: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findac...uises&state=NA

From there the ship could reposition to Los Angeles for more Pacific Coastal cruises, continue with Mexican Riviera cruises, or do a Panama Canal cruise.
This looks good. Too bad it's only on the calendar in September and not during another time of the year.

Unfortunately (and only because I am a west coast/Pacific Ocean hopeful), this does not rule out the Wonder being on the east coast the first part of the year (remember those Grand Cayman port schedules?...I think it was Grand Cayman...), returning to the west to do Alaska and then these Hawaii cruises. Wonder what they are planning for the rest of 2013? Back east maybe? Seems like they wouldn't do MR because of how poor it's selling but maybe? Maybe a few Pacific Coastal cruises?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #21
jrm11697
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
This looks good. Too bad it's only on the calendar in September and not during another time of the year.

Unfortunately (and only because I am a west coast/Pacific Ocean hopeful), this does not rule out the Wonder being on the east coast the first part of the year (remember those Grand Cayman port schedules?...I think it was Grand Cayman...), returning to the west to do Alaska and then these Hawaii cruises. Wonder what they are planning for the rest of 2013? Back east maybe? Seems like they wouldn't do MR because of how poor it's selling but maybe? Maybe a few Pacific Coastal cruises?
I saw earlier on this thread where DCL said they were not returning to MR since they were not selling. And Pacific Coast cruises would seem chilly in the winter months. Could do Hawaii but I dont see many families taking their kids out of school in the middle of the year to go to Hawaii. And factor in the price.
I still think Wonder could still return east. Then return for Alaska/Hawaii in the summer.
I am from the east coast (South Carolina) and Florida is not a bad drive or flight so I am a bit biased on the Wonder coming back to the Atlantic.
jrm11697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #22
FREEZIN
FREEZIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm11697 View Post
I saw earlier on this thread where DCL said they were not returning to MR since they were not selling. And Pacific Coast cruises would seem chilly in the winter months. Could do Hawaii but I dont see many families taking their kids out of school in the middle of the year to go to Hawaii. And factor in the price.
I still think Wonder could still return east. Then return for Alaska/Hawaii in the summer.
I am from the east coast (South Carolina) and Florida is not a bad drive or flight so I am a bit biased on the Wonder coming back to the Atlantic.
Oh yeah the kids!
I have dreams of Hawaii,but there's no way to pull out our oldest from High School.
I wish they'ld just release the news,and let me cry in my CoCo Puffs.
FREEZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #23
virdis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Virdis - You can just keep moving your dummy cruise further out if you can't sail in 2013. You can also just cancel altogether and get all of your deposit back as long as the sail date is 75+days out.

Why don't you and the family join us on the 7/2/2012-7/9/2012 Alaska cruise? It'd be nice to know someone before we board the ship. There's practically no activity on the meet thread for that cruise...
Hey Connie. Thanks for the tip! If Alaska doesn't pan out in 2013, maybe I get Ann to push the date out. We didn't put up much money for our dummy date. I did not want to book but Ann talked me into it the night before we disembarked. The line was so long that they guy had us fill out a form and about a week after we got back, someone called and booked the dummy date for $75.

I wish we could do this year but it is not going to work out for us. We did talk about how cool it would be to watch Olympics on a cruise. You guys will have a blast. I'm sure your meet will pick up in a couple of months. It is going to be soooo cool to be on board during the 4th of July. I know its going to be awesome.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #24
emum
An old salt re-living her youth through Disney

OOOOhhh, thanks for posting this ! The dates would work wonderfully for us in Oz. DD1 would have just finished Year 11, with her final year of high school starting mid-October 2013.

We'd probably even be able to squeeze in something else (another trip to DLH !!!).

If these come good before the end of January, I may cancel our NCL cruise in April (penalty date is end of January).

Of course, we still have hopes of an Alaska cruise. Decisions, decisions !

All appendages crossed !

Cheers,
Sally
A Month of Disney - completed 2010/11 ....Part 1 - GCH CL 12/25 - 12/29; Part 2 - BWI CL 12/29 - 1/6; Part 3 - Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repo Cruise 1/6 - 1/21; April 2012 - 20th Wedding Anniversary - 4 nights Waikiki, 4 nights Waikoloa (Big Island), and 9 nights Aulani

DVC Members at Aulani since January 2011
July 2013 - Disneyland and Alaska Disney Wonder cruise booked
December 2014 / January 2015 - Undecided, but will do something before DD1 heads off to university

emum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #25
Silly Little Pixie
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
You work yourself up more than it really is, and when it's over you think, huh

Quote:

Tuesday, 9/10 -sea
Wednesday, 9/11 - sea
Thursday, 9/12 - sea
Friday, 9/13 - sea
Saturday, 9/14 - sea
Sunday, 9/15 - Kauai
Wednesday, 9/18 - Maui

Saturday, 9/21 - Maui
Monday, 9/23 - Kauai
Tuesday, 9/24 - sea
Wednesday, 9/25 - sea
Thursday, 9/26 - sea
Friday, 9/27 - sea
Saturday, 9/28 - sea

Nancy, you should work for DCL. That sounds like a great itinerary! Wish I could do a cruise during that timeframe. Thanks for posting that possibility. I'd like to see even one-ways to Hawaii from LA. Would a stop in Ensenada work for the foreign port requirement on a 1-way? I could start or end my cruise with a land stay in HI.
DCL Wonder 11/08, B2B 11/10, 3/11, Christmas 2011, 6/13
Magic 11/09, 3/10 Fantasy NYE 12/13
Dream B2B Triple Dip! 3/12

Silly Little Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #26
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Little Pixie View Post
Nancy, you should work for DCL. That sounds like a great itinerary! Wish I could do a cruise during that timeframe. Thanks for posting that possibility. I'd like to see even one-ways to Hawaii from LA. Would a stop in Ensenada work for the foreign port requirement on a 1-way? I could start or end my cruise with a land stay in HI.
No - a one way cruise to Hawaii couldn't start in California. To cruise between two different US ports, a distant foreign port stop has to be made, and Ensenada isn't distant. A one-way cruise would have to begin or end in Ensenada. That's why a Vancouver (Canada) to Honolulu one-way cruise is okay, but a Seattle to Honolulu cruise wouldn't be allowed.

By the way - IF the port dates in Maui are correct, I would expect to see two one-way cruises from Vancouver. The islands visited may be in a different order, but I'm pretty sure Honolulu is between the two Maui dates.

Last edited by NancyIL; 01-09-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #27
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Could the one way cruise start in Honolulu and end in San Diego or LA stopping first in Ensenada Mexico?

That would be a fun repo.

Then they could have a PC cruise from there.

Or Vancouver to Hawaii and back
With a stop in Victoria then over to Seattle.

then a PC cruise from Seattle to wherever it is going on the East Cost.

Are you listening Disney?

Just tell us sooooon!!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #28
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
The ship definitely overnights in Maui twice. From the port schedule linked above, the ship arrives at 7:00 a.m. on Sept. 17th and departs at 5:00 p.m. on the 18th. It also arrives at 7:00 a.m. on the 20th and departs at 5:00 p.m. on the 21st. I think it will go from Maui to Honolulu to drop-off passengers and pick-up new ones before returning to Vancouver.
I think that sounds really likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Could the one way cruise start in Honolulu and end in San Diego or LA stopping first in Ensenada Mexico?

That would be a fun repo.

Then they could have a PC cruise from there.

Or Vancouver to Hawaii and back
With a stop in Victoria then over to Seattle.

then a PC cruise from Seattle to wherever it is going on the East Cost.

Are you listening Disney?

Just tell us sooooon!!!!
OK, thing is, the Wonder *can't* do one-way cruises starting in one US Port (Honolulu) and ending in a different US Port (LA or San Diego or Seattle) without visiting a *distant* foreign port. And neither Ensenada or Vancouver count as a distant foreign port. If there's no distant foreign port, the cruise has to start or end in a foreign port (or go round-trip to the same US Port). The Wonder is not a US registered ship, it's registered in Nassau, the Bahamas. Only ships registered in the US can transport passengers between 2 different US ports without stopping at a distant foreign port. It's maritime law.

So either DCL does a round-trip, or they do one ways from Vancouver to Hawaii and Hawaii to Vancouver. (Ensenada can also work, but only as the start or end point of the cruise, not as a stop along the way).

I know a lot of cruiselines would be happy happy happy if that law changed, but so far, nobody has been able to make that happen.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)

sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #29
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Ok been thinking about this. I wish they were going to do a round trip. Any theories as to why that's not an option?
Old 01-10-2012, 02:40 AM   #30
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Just wanted to say thank you to you guys who are watching out for these port schedules!

Still keeping everything crossed for Alaska for August 2013.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: