Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
allie_to_you
DIS Veteran

Handicapped Accessible Stateroom photos

Is there a link or does anyone have pics of some of the handicapped accessible staterooms. My DH & i are looking at our first cruise in November on the DCL and he will have to have an accessible cruise room, but we aren't sure which category we want yet...just starting to do all our research.

allie_to_you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #2
mdvlprof
DIS Veteran

Pictures of Magic/Wonder inside cabin on cruisedeckplans. If link doesn't work send me a PM with your email, and I'll email the pics.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/ze...Stateroom+6647

DCL accessible rooms are big, to make sure there is plenty of turning space.
What is an FE?

MK [and EPCOT under construction] 3/82, WDW 7/99, WDW/DCL 7/02, Indy DIS 9/10, PCC DCL/WDW 12/10Indy DIS 9/11 PCC DCL/WDW 12/12DAP 12/13
Cruised: DCL, CCL, X, RCCL, NCL

Last edited by mdvlprof; 01-09-2012 at 12:43 PM.
mdvlprof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie_to_you View Post
Is there a link or does anyone have pics of some of the handicapped accessible staterooms. My DH & i are looking at our first cruise in November on the DCL and he will have to have an accessible cruise room, but we aren't sure which category we want yet...just starting to do all our research.
Even inside HCA staterooms will be larger than the normal room. They are all large enough to fit a wheelchair or ECV. The room category really just depends on if you want a verandah/port hole or inside stateroom. Enjoy cruising!!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Which ship?

All the HA cabins have wider doors and a lot more space than a standard cabin. They have a single bath with t fold down shower seat, and lots of bars. My friend was DELIGHTED with the HA appointments and felt they were how everywhere should be. She particularly liked the shower drains because they kept the water where it belongs--reducing risk of falls.

You basically just need to decide whether you want to pay for a balcony, porthole, or inside.

On the Wonder, the balcony was HUGE, but most of it was wet all the time. There was a wheelchair ramp, but only the ramp itself was free of water. Otherwise, drainage from higher decks kept the floor wet.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
poohs_hunny
DIS Veteran

We had a HA room assigned by chance for our 2009 cruise. It was an inside stateroom on the Wonder, room 6147. Below is one picture. It doesn't show too much, but you can sort of get a sense of how big it is. The door on the left is to the bathroom. It was nice and roomy for sure! We were hoping to be assigned a HA room again this year, but no such luck!

Past trips: 7/14 - Honeymoon on the Disney Magic, 11/13 - Art of Animation, 6/13 - Caribbean Beach *Engaged!* , 6/12 - Pop Century & the Disney Fantasy, 7/11 - Coronado Springs, 7/10 - Pop Century, 7/09 - Caribbean Beach & the Disney Wonder, 8/08 - Pop Century, 10/07 Disneyland, 6/07 Caribbean Beach, 8/06 Pop Century, 8/05 Caribbean Beach, 5/04 Pop Century, 5/02 Offsite, 5/98 Offsite
poohs_hunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
weswife
DIS Veteran

Hello,

I just booked a HC room on the dream!!!!!! 1st cruise ever!!!!!! My DD uses a wheelchair. I booked on deck 8 with a verandha!!!!! Room # 8092, a good choice I hope!!!!!!! I too would love to see any pics!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #7
allie_to_you
DIS Veteran

We will be on the Fantasy, but were just wanting to get an idea of the size/spaciousness of the HA staterooms. We would like to have a verandah, but weren't sure if its worth the extra money.

allie_to_you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We will be on the Fantasy, but were just wanting to get an idea of the size/spaciousness of the HA staterooms. We would like to have a verandah, but weren't sure if its worth the extra money.
I stayed in a standard inside HA stateroom on the Wonder with my ECV, husband and daughter and we all had plenty of room. The shower was very easy to navigate, even for me.

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #9
ggthatsme
Earning My Ears

I'm cruising with my DM who requires mobility aids and would also like any info about cabins and excursions.

ggthatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
mellers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggthatsme View Post
I'm cruising with my DM who requires mobility aids and would also like any info about cabins and excursions.
I can tell you about Alaska excursions--are you going to Alaska?

mellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #11
Piper
DIS Veteran

6154-Magic

My sister and I will be in 6154 on the Magic. I have read a few reviews on that room, but nothing recent. I need to know if the bed will separate (I have read both that it will and it won't!) I will be bringing my own ECV (Pride Victory 9) and know the room will be big enough. I'd love to see any recent pictures and know about the beds! Thanks to anyone who can help!!
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #12
Minnie Monellen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is!
Minnie Monellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #13
pixie08
DIS Veteran

My brother had a ha oceanview on the Dream and it was huge! He is in a powerchair and had no issues turning or moving about. If you do a searcg there are threads with tons of ha pics from the dream. The windows are huge and in a ha room you get two!

So whether a balcony is worth it is subjective. For dh and I it would depend on the cruise. For the carribbean for me I say no but something like Alaska or the Med I might splurge but I never have because I le to spend a lot of money in the spa, palo and on excursions. Personally the windows are doubled and so large i would spend money other places but thats me. For my brother he didnt think he would spend too much time out there because getting in and out with his piwerchair so it all depends on your situation.

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
My sister and I will be in 6154 on the Magic. I have read a few reviews on that room, but nothing recent. I need to know if the bed will separate (I have read both that it will and it won't!) I will be bringing my own ECV (Pride Victory 9) and know the room will be big enough. I'd love to see any recent pictures and know about the beds! Thanks to anyone who can help!!
This is our absolute favorite room on any of the ships. Enjoy.
Yes, you will have plenty of room to move about. However, I have never tried to separate the beds as its always been DH and I.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:14 AM   #15
ggthatsme
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellers View Post
I can tell you about Alaska excursions--are you going to Alaska?
No, we are going to the Caribbean. Thanks, though!

ggthatsme is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: