Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
Tinkerdreams
DIS Veteran

Disney Buffets Prices - OMG!!

Question for anyone who has recently been to the world and have eaten at the dinner buffets such as 1900 Park Fare, Cape May, etc. I am currently putting together our ADR list so I can book in a couple of weeks for our August trip. I went onto Allears and noticed that 1900 Park Fare Dinner is $42.59 as well as Cape May!!

Is this accurate? If you look at their page that has all the buffets listed with their prices, it shows up different.

1900 Park shows up as $35.99 and Cape May is $36.99. Chef Mickey is also different depending on which page you look at.

Is there another website I can go to for the "real" cost?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
tallen429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdreams View Post

Question for anyone who has recently been to the world and have eaten at the dinner buffets such as 1900 Park Fare, Cape May, etc. I am currently putting together our ADR list so I can book in a couple of weeks for our August trip. I went onto Allears and noticed that 1900 Park Fare Dinner is $42.59 as well as Cape May!!

Is this accurate? If you look at their page that has all the buffets listed with their prices, it shows up different.

1900 Park shows up as $35.99 and Cape May is $36.99. Chef Mickey is also different depending on which page you look at.

Allears has the prices quoted as the highest seasonal price, IIRC. Value and regular time periods have lower prices, more like what you saw on the other sites.

tallen429 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #3
kristennn
Mouseketeer

You can call the ADR number and get prices for when you're visiting. I asked yesterday about our early May regular season trip and was told 1900 park faire dinner is $38.33 tax included for adults and $19.16 for children. If you're going during presidents week or spring break/easter time or summer - prices will be higher.
kristennn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdreams View Post

It is shocking. I am sad, I have been priced out of Boma and Cape May.
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #5
ls3015
Mouseketeer

Shocking? Welcome Home to Disney,How can anyone be surprised that prices keep going up and services / choices go down, we are in a resession
ls3015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3015 View Post
Shocking? Welcome Home to Disney,How can anyone be surprised that prices keep going up and services / choices go down, we are in a resession
What's shocking is that the buffets have gone up much more than the other restaurants. I understand over charging for character meals, they provide a disney experience. But boma buffet going up to more than $50.00 a person next summer is nuts, shocking, and sad.

Throw in a credit card guarantee, and that makes it totally unappealing.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:15 AM   #7
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Where are you seeing $50 for Boma?

I'd still go, but that's an enormous increase.
cigar95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #8
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

And thus the huge success of the DDP- a huge money maker for Disney. People who want to do a lot of buffets or family style meals know that they will save money by buying the DDP.

Those of us who aren't so enraptured by the thoughts of character meals and having to chase down our dinners will just pay OOP at the a la carte restaurants.

Disney knows full well that as long as folks want a buffet and stay on site, they will pay. If and when demand for these places goes down, then, and only then, will the prices level off.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:34 AM   #9
cajunbaby1
DIS Veteran

Disney know people want to see the characters and because their kids want to see them; folks will foolishly pay these outrageous prices.

I wouldn't mind so much if the quality was also there. Not saying all of them are bad; but some could be a heck of lot better than they've been in the past.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #10
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigar95 View Post
Where are you seeing $50 for Boma?

I'd still go, but that's an enormous increase.
$43.00 pp next summer cost before gratuity. With the tip it is over $50.00, and that is $15.00 past my breaking point for any buffet.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #11
Tinkerdreams
DIS Veteran

We go yearly and the last time was this past July. We ate at Cape May and I believe it was around $35/person. Now it's at $42 and its not a character meal!!

We're going from Aug 9 - 19 so I will book the buffets after the 13th. If it wasn't for my DGD, I wouldn't book any character meals!! Thank goodness I have the TIWC.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #12
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Remember all buffets go up $4 for adults and $2 for children during peak "holiday" pricing periods.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
amcnj
DIS Veteran

There have been articles in the news recently about how much food prices have gone up. Ironically they stated the effect is most noticiable at grocery stiores, while the increase at restaruants has been minimal (2%?). But I guess that may be due to the recession and competition, two factors less important at Disney restaurants.

Disney restaurants have always been a little higher than average, as you'd expect, but do seem to have gotten a little ahead of themselves lately.
amcnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #14
trampslady
I stop and watch the Norway video always, even when others are trampling over me!

Count me in as an extremely frustrated and disappointed DVC Member. My husband I love Disney, and we frequent both coasts as often as possible. For the first time, I'm seeing a huge advantage of spending more time in California and in part due to the overall quality and pricing of food.

We have always considered dining a big part of what we love about WDW, but the pricing, in an effort to make the dining plan seem like a steal, has become a real source of resentment for us.

WDW has been more of a resort vacation for us versus Disneyland, and that means more days. Well, heck, who wants to spend $50 per person per meal for 7-10 days?

Grrr......

"Life is a banquet, and most poor fools are starving to death." -Auntie Mame
trampslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #15
Safari Queen
Now 14 miles from my happy place.

This makes the TIW card look like a great deal. I'm in!

VWL Feb 04, OKW Oct 04, SSR Oct 04, BWV Dec 04, OKW Feb 05, BCV Sep 05, BWV Oct 05, BWV Dec 05, OKW Feb 06, BWV Nov 06, BCV Jan 07, BWV & DCL Apr 07, BWV Jun 07, F&W @ BWV Oct 07, AKL & OKW Jan 08, F&W @ AKV Oct 08, BWV Jan 09, AKL Concierge Nov 09; BCV & BWV Jan 10; BWV Oct 10; BWV Jan 11; Coronado Sp/AKL - Feb 12; BWV F&W Oct 12; AKL Oct 13
NEXT: F&W, Oct 14
Safari Queen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: