Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #16
can'tgetenufofwdw
Mouseketeer

Do I need a canadian drivers lisence to get this rate. If not then I just got my already great rate thru sixt of $210 down to $111 CAD which converts to $108. Is this too good to be true???????
can'tgetenufofwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #17
Tallent
Mouseketeer

Count me in!

I have a reservation with Sixt for March 28-April 4 for an intermediate car (Chevy Cruze or similar) for $138. I also have one with Budget for a compact car, same dates, for $279. Sixt is offsite with a shuttle while Budget is right at MCO. Like you all, I'm waiting to hear about reviews to see how it all goes....
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #18
mom2maggie
DIS Veteran

I just reserved a full size car (Ford Taurus, Dodge Charger) for March 3-11 (1 week + 1 day) for $151.45! Looks to be fairly easy - the shuttle info was pretty clear, and only 5 min from the airport. Fingers crossed that all goes well.

Me DH DD8 DD4
mom2maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #19
flausa41
Earning My Ears

Just returned a car there the other day. Service was great, cars are brand new and in excellent condition. The rates there are unbelievably low and I cannot see myself giving another rental company at MCO my business again
flausa41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #20
can'tgetenufofwdw
Mouseketeer

Just curious how your experience with the shuttle was. Did it seem to take alot longer than renting from a company onsite? I realize it will take a little longer just because of the shuttle commute but was the service at the counter relatively quick? Do you pick a car from a row or do they hand you keys?
can'tgetenufofwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #21
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2maggie View Post
I just reserved a full size car (Ford Taurus, Dodge Charger) for March 3-11 (1 week + 1 day) for $151.45! Looks to be fairly easy - the shuttle info was pretty clear, and only 5 min from the airport. Fingers crossed that all goes well.
Best of luck, I hope you can report your experience when you return.

Echo queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #22
Tigger2ntinkerbell
DIS Veteran

Talking Holy Batman, Sixt is much less

I checked out Sixt and could not believe how much less it is to rent from them vs Enterprise.

.00 less with Sixt , But I did not put in a rental, I'm waiting to hear back from the company about if there are any deposit on the rental or do you just pay the quoted price. Hope the price quoted is all I have to pay.[/B]

Does anyone have Sixt number at MCO Airport location ??

[B]tigger2ntinkerbell[/

Update: email reply
Dear XX XXXXX,

Thank you for your enquiry. Please be advised that there is a deposit for your hire, which is usually twice the amount of the rental. You are not able to pay cash it must be a credit card.The number for the branch is +1-888-941-7498. Press option one for English, option six to rech the branch.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Last edited by Tigger2ntinkerbell; 02-06-2012 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Updated
Tigger2ntinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #23
jgraney106
DIS Veteran

Looks like they have some kinda link to Alamo from the rental agreement,

'This reservation is not a rental agreement. Sixt is forwarding this reservation to our collaboration partner ALAMO.
There you will get the car and sign the rental agreement."

Here is a link to that page if anyone wants to read it:
http://www.sixt.com/rental-services/rental-information/
jgraney106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #24
anita47
Earning My Ears

Sixt shuttle

The map I saw on Sixt's website showed that their site was on Frontage Road, right near Payless (which we have used several times). It is very close to the airport, and should not be a hassle to get there. We have found riding a shuttle to the rental lot is not a big deal, unless you have a big party and lots of luggage.
Haven't used Sixt yet, but my reservation is made. I'm still watching the comments......
anita47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #25
IDoDis
Knows the password to get into the Water Buffalo Lodge

Here's a coupon to click on when booking. It saved me an additional $39.00.

http://www.destinationcoupons.com/si...-discounts.asp

If anyone has a better coupon for Sixt, please post a link.
Disney World ~ Pop Century, May '06
Disney World ~Windsor Hills, May '08
Disney World ~Wilderness Lodge, June '09
Disneyland ~ Offsite, Oct '10
Disney World ~ Boardwalk Inn, June '12
IDoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #26
BROWNSPHAN
Mouseketeer

Found this place late Saturday night & got a rate of around 90.00 for a Ford Explorer, Feb 20-28th. Didnt book it cause I didnt know much about the place. Today that same rental is over 1000.00. Any idea why it would change so much or if they give their best rates in the late hours of the night.

2013 July 2nd-July 9th- THV
2012 Nov 3rd-10th SSR 1st Food & Wine Festival
2012 Feb 20th- 25th AKVCL, Feb 25th-28th BLTLV
2011 Jun 29th-July 6th DVC VB & BLT
2010 Aug 29th- Sept 7th DVC BWV
2009 Aug 30th-Sept 4th DVC AKVCL, Sept 4th-7th THV
2009 May 1st-8th DVC BCV
2008 Nov 27th- Dec 5th All Stars Sports
2008 July 3rd- 6th DVC SSR, 6th - 11th DVC AKV SV/CL
2007 July 15th- 20th DVC OKW
2006 June 4th-9th DVC SSR 1st trip home!
2005 Sept 24th-Oct 1st.POR 1st trip to WDW
BROWNSPHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:35 PM   #27
IDoDis
Knows the password to get into the Water Buffalo Lodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNSPHAN View Post
Found this place late Saturday night & got a rate of around 90.00 for a Ford Explorer, Feb 20-28th. Didnt book it cause I didnt know much about the place. Today that same rental is over 1000.00. Any idea why it would change so much or if they give their best rates in the late hours of the night.
I noticed the rates were much higher than what people were posting in January on this thread. I put in some of the same exact dates others posted about and got rates 3 and 4 times as much. So maybe it was an introductory special.

Either way, while my rate is MUCH higher than the $12 per day price I got from priceline a few years ago, I reserved a car because it was still cheaper by $100 than the lowest rate I could find. I'll keep trying to get something lower (still have until early June), but at least I have this one if all else fails. I'll also bid on priceline and see if I can get the price down. Don't know though because rental prices have skyrocketed over the past few years.

Those of you that got the super low rates, congrats! :
Disney World ~ Pop Century, May '06
Disney World ~Windsor Hills, May '08
Disney World ~Wilderness Lodge, June '09
Disneyland ~ Offsite, Oct '10
Disney World ~ Boardwalk Inn, June '12
IDoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #28
ncsewing
Earning My Ears

Thumbs down

We rented from Sixt in Orlando 2/24/12. Time from airport curb to Sixt location 1 hour. Then 1 hour to get our car rented. They are now requiring customers to show proof of their auto insurance, although this wasn't listed when we rented. I called & reconfirmed reservation and wasn't told then either. Others using their debit cards were told there would be a $2000 hold put on their card. We couldn't find anyone to check out the car with us for any previous damages and finally a lady from the office came out and wrote it on a sheet of paper. They only had 3 agents at the counter and at least 15people in line the whole time we were there.
ncsewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #29
pr surfer
Beaches and Beers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROWNSPHAN View Post
The market spoke?
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
pr surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #30
PAJOHNSO
Earning My Ears

Thumbs down SiXT never again - Take insurance card/info with you

SiXT had the best rate for a 2/24/12 pickup so we thought we'd give them a try even though they're off-airport. After luggage/shuttle delays we got to the counter about 11:30pm and were just ready to get a car and drive away.

At the end of the transaction they said they would not let us decline their insurance unless we had our Auto Policy number ("since it's a Florida state law"). We've rented in Florida several times a year for the last 25 years and have never had to provide proof of insurance. I'm guessing they just didn't want to honor the rate we had.

So we declined the bullying insurance play and went back to the shuttle bus. Very nice driver, by the way, and he asked us why we were returning to the airport. So we told him we felt like it was kind of a scam operation since we had never had that experience with any of the other car rental companies.

With my trusty smartphone I was able to book an Alamo car via Hotwire before we got back to the airport. The rate was more than the original SiXT quote but less than the price of their rental plus insurance. We went to an Alamo kiosk and the reservation was processed in about 5 minutes (declining insurance easily) and we were on our way to the car rental pickup.

We will not use SiXT again and will rent onsite from now on. It's just SO much more convenient. And we'll have our policy # with us in case this ever happens again.
PAJOHNSO is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: