Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 06:01 AM   #16
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

This is why I love to arrive at MCO in the daytime. Love that sun shining through! The atmosphere is not nearly as exciting on the nighttime arrivals.

Quote:

I saw these several times from the buses, but was never quick enough to remember to pull the camera out. I am glad you got a shot of them.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #17
Kgroo
Mouseketeer

I am here! Some of those exits between us and Greeneville are a little scary. I have never flown out of Greeneville before. I fly a lot for business, but very little for pleasure, so really don't shop around airports/fares. Great start!!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #18
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

I am here and will keep up as best I can!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #19
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Joining in
Old 01-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #20
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for joining in. I will do proper eplies when I get home. 1st day back at work and well I was busy but caught up ! Now to get on witha ll the new stuff I need to do.

Wanted to share a link. A time lapse of Fantasyland contstuction.

Time lapse of the New Fantasyland

Another one of the new DUmbo ride in testing
New Dumbo

ANyone going over Presidents weekend? That is the expected Open date for Dumbo.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back

Last edited by Poolrat; 01-09-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #21
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
We stayed at SSR the first time we stayed DVC as well and we really loved it. We stayed at Boardwalk the second time and ur next will be AKL, so I am looking forward to seeing your photos from there.
I had only been over to the carriage house to drop a package off for MeMom before this trip. I had a huge learning curve as you will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Joining in!
Glad to have you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Hello! And on page one, too!

Glad you got off to a rather unremarkable start...not a bad thing, at all! I recently found out I'm going back in April and staying at SSR, so I'm looking forward to your pictures.
The flight was unremarkable but getting there sure wasn't. I guess I had beginners luck in Oct because it was so easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I'm here. Oh no, is Chris going to be leading the way this trip!!!

Great start. I can't wait to see Saratoga Springs. We have never stayed there.
Chris will lead the way some and you will see that is not all bad this time.

I have some pictures but not as exhaustive as the All stars was last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Pat is that two trips in one year with Chris? He must have really had a great time with you last trip. I hope you both had a great vacation.
The last trip with Chris was Sept '10 It just seems recent since I took so long with that epic TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Staking a claim to page 1....and now back to read!

Your driver was Barry Crowder.

Yeah Barry, sure it wasn't John? or Bob?
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV MT- POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 01-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #23
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thanks for the heads-up that you started.

I am already laughing Seriously, how could your morning go so wrong? How far is your drive to Greenville and what happened to the Walmart? I actually didn't know Walmarts had gas stations.

I am glad you are laughing. I am laughing now but man was I stressed. I think I had beginners luck the first time I went to Greenville in Oct. I guess I figured out I get so stressed trying to "please" that I screw up even more trying to make it perfect.

Greenvile is about 2 hours away but all hwy so an easy drive unless you need gas.
I found the Walmart and if you use a gift card or walmart card ( I use the gift card) I get 3 cents off a gallon but they were running a promotion of 10 cents off a gallon. Already about 15 - 18 cents cheaper than NC + and extra 10 cents - I wanted to find that gas station. It is actually a Murphy gas but in the Walmart parking lot area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Those fountains with the kids "skating" are interesting, to say the least

Breakfast sounds horrible. Thank goodness it was a short flight.

I never managed to get a picture of the entrance to OKW the whole time I was there.

Yeah - SSR! Hope you liked it!
The fountains I guess are for the waiting area which pre 9-11 were probably used more since they are outside security.

That wrap was horrible. So much so I tasted it all day. But I kept washing it down with something yummy.
That little bag of peanuts was not holding. The fruit chews held me a bit. I downed a pretty big bag in abput 5 minutes, while they were moving the plane to th other gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncw89 View Post
I'm here!!! I'll try to keep up!
Elena's in the house! Just last night I reached intothe candy jar for a snickers before dinner. Made making dinner less stressful. I thik I am onto something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
oh man, what a rough morning, I felt my blood pressure go up just reading about it. Hope you get some real food soon now that you are "home"

I have no idea why it turned out that way. Oh I got something, but food , nah not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'm here, Pat, but I will be back to read!!!
Glad to have you.

[QUOTE=MeMom;43676080]This is why I love to arrive at MCO in the daytime. Love that sun shining through! The atmosphere is not nearly as exciting on the nighttime arrivals.

Sun to arrive and dark to leave. That's how I like it.
Now with a 2 hours drive home how about dusk to leave?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I saw these several times from the buses, but was never quick enough to remember to pull the camera out. I am glad you got a shot of them.
I saw it on the way in. By the time we were on the way out I had the camera out and ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroo View Post
I am here! Some of those exits between us and Greeneville are a little scary. I have never flown out of Greeneville before. I fly a lot for business, but very little for pleasure, so really don't shop around airports/fares. Great start!!!!!
It was light out so not so scary but ceratinly SC interesting. Greenville being a SW provider and just started running flights to MCO last March. It is nice and small so no Nathans or Cinnabon to eat. If I had that scenario happened on the way to the Charlotte Airport, we still would have been able to feed the bear properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
I am here and will keep up as best I can!
I am glad you are here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
Glad you made it over.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #24
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
RL]

Another one of the new DUmbo ride in testing
New Dumbo

ANyone going over Presidents weekend? That is the expected Open date for Dumbo.

I'll be there from President's Day through the end of that week, so I'm glad to hear that its going to be open then. Have you heard anything about the Great Goofini opening then, too? I'd heard they're going to open at the same time.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #25
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I'll be there from President's Day through the end of that week, so I'm glad to hear that its going to be open then. Have you heard anything about the Great Goofini opening then, too? I'd heard they're going to open at the same time.
The article made it sound that maybe the whole Storybook Circus area will open for Presidents weekend. that would be neat.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #27
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Very cool!
I found it funny when the crane would get in front of the camera. I assume to put the castle lights and then to take them down again.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #28
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Checking in :wave2 :Thanks for the time lapse link. Very cool. I hope the rest of you trip went more smoothly.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #29
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Checking in :wave2 :Thanks for the time lapse link. Very cool. I hope the rest of you trip went more smoothly.
That Time lapse was cool. More smoothly yes, totally smooth...
What fun would that be?
Old 01-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #30
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Elena's in the house! Just last night I reached intothe candy jar for a snickers before dinner. Made making dinner less stressful. I thik I am onto something.

Better keep a snickers stash in the house...you never know when you might need one!!!

Glad you made it over.
I fly SW from Raleigh sometimes, it's about 2 hours for me to get there though! How far is Raleigh from you?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: