Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Katie & Glen
DIS Veteran

Two MNSSHP's and Food & Wine... OH MY! - ***Updated 2/16***

Greetings and Salutations! Welcome to our PTR.

Let’s start off with some introductions. This is a group shot from our last trip in December 2010 on one of the few warm days we had (for full freezing details please see our TR in the link below in siggy)

Now here is Glen (DH) from our adult only trip this past May with the Rusteeze girls (Whooot!!). Glen is the laid back, go with the flow portion of the family.

Myself, Katie on my birthday night this past May feeling utterly content after dinner at Cali Grill and seeing Wishes. I am the Disney planner extraordinaire- I plan, and plan, and replan the trip down to the last minutiae. And then I plan some more.

And finally, this is Ethan (DS) during MSEP during our freezing trip. Ethan is the goofball of the group (as seen in the pic). He is also turning into a major foodie and is celebrating the fact that he is on the adult dining plan and not restricted to the kids menu (much to our wallets screaming agony).

Sorry, we did not do a TR from our adult’s only trip for our anniversary / my birthday in May. This will be our second trip as a family and we will be sharing part of it with some friends we made during a DIS meet on the December family trip. Specifically, the people joining us are Tinkermom76 and her daughters. So come along for the ride as we plan this trip, input and comments are always welcome!!

A Mickey's Very Merry "Holy Crap It's Cold" Trip Report - Dec 2010

Katie (DW) / Glen (DH - 44) / Ethan (DS - 11)

Past trips: 1997 FW Campground; 2007 CBR; 2010 AKL; 2011 CBR; 2012 POR

Last edited by Katie & Glen; 02-16-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Katie & Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
Katie & Glen
DIS Veteran

Details

Disney Movie Nights

Accessories

8 month mark!

Kings Feast and some crafts

236 Days! and other random bits

Arrival Day

Flights are booked!

Last edited by Katie & Glen; 02-16-2012 at 08:19 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Katie & Glen
DIS Veteran

So, where do we start?? Right, with the basic must have details. (begin male game show announcer voice)

Congratulations Canterbury Family!!! You have won an all expense paid (by you) trip for three to Walt Disney World in Fabulous, Sunny, Orlando, Florida!!!

You will be departing for you magical spooktacular filled trip on September 29 aboard our wonderful airline (*flights to be determined later based on how many airline miles Glen has, flight availability, and what you can afford and not kill the airline when they ask for five bajillion dollars for the first bag!!). Your fully funded (by you) trip will encompass 9 exciting days and 8 nights with accommodations in the magnificent Disney Port Orleans, Riverside Resort Hotel – in one of the new Royal Rooms (rooms not yet open, subject to availability, and Glen’s temperament).

You will be dining courtesy of the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan (fully paid for by you) at many of the wonderful Disney Themed and Signature Restaurants!! In addition, Epcot will be hosting the Food and Wine Festival during your stay, where you can experience a wide variety of International Foods and beverages at the many pavilions throughout the World Showcase.

Also included during your stay (separate admission required) is Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, where you can dress up in your favorite costumes and interact with your much loved Disney Characters and Villains (subject to weather, availability, temperature, and the whims of nature).

All this will be yours, for only 5 Bajillion dollars, and 99 cents. (yaddah, yaddah, disclaimer, legal notice, blah blah blah)

<cough, cough> Ok, enough announcer voice..
Where were we??

Ok, so we know we are staying at POR in one of the new Royal Rooms, mainly because this gives us two queen size beds. Ethan doesn’t really need one, but Glen and I are used to a King bed and the normal full size beds kill us (I literally pushed Glen out of bed in my sleep when we stayed at AKL – Ethan, however, loved the bunk bed). We will also have DxDP, as is our usual MO. This year, however, Ethan will have turned 10 and will be on the adult dining plan. He is celebrating and excited and looking forward to lots of things to pick from (this is the kid who ate calamari at age 3 and Conch Chowder at age 7). During our trip we are also planning on doing MNSSHP twice, one night focusing on characters and the second focusing on just enjoying the park and party.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:21 PM   #4
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

I'm here I'm Here!!!!!

Hey those plans sound really familiar

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Love it Katie & Glenn! I'm so jealous that you and Natalie get to plan together! How fun will that be!! AND I'm totally jealous of the Deluxe dining! WOOT! AND F&W! AWESOME trip time!

So I'll be following along.

By the way, I'm totally psyched that I'm your second follower after Natalie (of course!).
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
Katie & Glen
DIS Veteran

Why am I not surprised that you two are my first followers?

We can't wait to get more planning done. I am already thinking up next weekends update.

Last edited by Katie & Glen; 01-08-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:47 PM   #7
oceanwave
Mouseketeer

I'm in! Looking forward to hearing more

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie & Glen View Post
Why am I not surprised that you two are my first followers?

Ummm....because we are totally awesome?
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

Had to come over and check out your PTR because we went to MNSSHP in 2009 and had a wonderfull time. Can't wait to read all about your plans.

I loved your intro, it was so funny. Very creative.

A friend that meet us when we were at MNSSHP let me know that the Jack Sparrow character in the Boo To You parade was played by Johnny Depp. Supposidly he enjoys halloween at WDW and occasionally comes in and plays the character he made famous. You might want to keep this mind when you are watching the parade.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #10
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

tinkerbellandeeyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
Katie & Glen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
I'm in! Looking forward to hearing more
Welcome! Hope you enjoy our planning as much as we do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post

Who else could be as awesome as you and Tinkermom76.... NO ONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
Had to come over and check out your PTR because we went to MNSSHP in 2009 and had a wonderfull time. Can't wait to read all about your plans.

I loved your intro, it was so funny. Very creative.

A friend that meet us when we were at MNSSHP let me know that the Jack Sparrow character in the Boo To You parade was played by Johnny Depp. Supposidly he enjoys halloween at WDW and occasionally comes in and plays the character he made famous. You might want to keep this mind when you are watching the parade.

That would be awesome! Love Jack Sparrow!! also, Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post

Welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the ride!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppyGirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie & Glen View Post

Who else could be as awesome as you and Tinkermom76.... NO ONE!

Ya that!!!

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 01-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
Katie & Glen
DIS Veteran

Disney Movie Nights

So, for this week’s installment of the PTR, I thought we could talk about our Disney Movie Nights.

Since we don’t have Ethan every weekend, we decided to dedicate one night on the weekends we do have him as the Disney Movie Night and pick a theme for the evening based around the movie we would watch. At that time we would also remove a link from the trip countdown chain. Oh, I did not explain the countdown chain you say? Well, we got the idea from two other DISsers - Tinkermom76 and Mickey_Mom – who posted about it in their PTRs. We thought it was a good idea so we have “borrowed” it permanently.

Our first movie night was at the beginning of December. The movie for the evening was “Beauty and The Beast – The Enchanted Christmas.“ Dinner consisted of Chicken Cordon Bleu and some other stuff. We remember making the chicken, but don’t remember the other stuff we had, we did not take pictures, nor were we smart enough to write it down. Sorry. The chicken was pretty good. Movie was even better. That was also the weekend where we decorated the inside of the house for Christmas (the outside being done the previous weekend, when it was nice and warm).

Next movie night was “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” and the meal was mini cottage pies (see – British.. ok sorta kinda British). Once again, we slacked and forgot to take pictures… Ethan found some parts of the movie to be surprising (not scary, but more startling).

For our third movie night, we selected Cinderella!! (Cinderellie, Cinderellie, night and day Cinderellie!!!) Dinner was stuffed chicken breasts, roasted potatoes and blanched asparagus, with a side salad. This time we took a picture (They Can be trained!!!).

We had dinner and then watched the movie. During the movie we enjoyed our desert – Strawberry Soup with a side of sliced apples and strawberries!!!

You can thank Glen for the most beautiferous presentation of this delectable and fruity delight. Ok, to be honest Glen bought the wrong size yogurt, so the soup was a little thinner than it should have been and we probably should have put less OJ in the strawberry soup than the recipe suggested, but overall, it was a hit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I forgot to post the update last weekend, but we ended up watching Pinocchio!

I have to admit, I have not seen this since I was little and for some reason I kept thinking Pinocchio was German. Nope it's Italian... DUH!!

I also noticed something neat in the beginning in Gepetto's workshop they show some of the clocks on the wall. One of them is Lucy the Elephant! I though that was soooo cool!

Lucy:

But I digress - As I was saying, the movie of the night was Pinocchio which is Italian. Soooo for dinner I made baked ziti with a side salad and garlic bread.

For dessert I made chocolate cake with a vanilla icing drizzle. I forgot to take a picture before we dug in. It was super yummy!

Stay tuned next week for Sword in the Stone and TURKEY LEGS!!!

We will continue to post updates with the details of each movie night as we go forward. We will see.

Last edited by Katie & Glen; 01-29-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #14
Katie & Glen
DIS Veteran

Accessories

Since I can’t leave everyone hanging with such a short update, I figured I would show you what “accessories” we have gotten for the trip so far! We started planning a few days before Halloween I was able to grab a few things on clearance while out and about.

Candy bags in order of appearance for Ethan, Glen & Myself. Thank you to Target for these finds!

New Halloween t-shirt for Glen:

Some window decorations for the room:

Little things for me mostly and some glow sticks:

Some activity books and door hanger for Ethan for the plane ride down:

So that's all for now, as I am able to get more I will add it to this post.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:47 PM   #15
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Love the movie nights! I am not doing them this year and you are lucky its every 2 weeks which will make it easier!!!

So jealous that you have Disney window clings. I never found any last year so I won't have any this trip

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: